3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   W.O.W. Memorial Day Challenge 2010~Join us (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/198543-w-o-w-memorial-day-challenge-2010%7Ejoin-us.html)

mtiger 04-09-2010 06:55 PM

Today was my weigh-in. I was 177.6, up from last week, but TOM is just finishing up. This is usually when I lose a bit. So bring on the loss. I did about 2.5 miles today. I jogged a little less than half. It was cold. My whole sping break has been rainy and cold. YUCK!!!

Mama- 14 days at the Y. YAY!!! You use it for all it's worth.

Anne- I wouldn't fret 1600 calories too much. That is about my Gruve is telling me to eat. It also wants me to burn 595 calories a day. It's very doable.

Jeni- SOrry you have to go back to work. We all do. My break is coming rapidly to a close. Monday will be here way too quick.

jcatron243 04-09-2010 08:19 PM

Mama~Zumba is really tough. If my blood sugar gets too low I don't count that as calories, I count that as necessity. I also have a peanut butter sandwich after my workouts to give me a carb/protein boost. I love my Y. Does yours have a financial aid program?

I'm not working out today. I made it through the day, but just barely. I'm finally feeling mostly better, but I am taking the night off. Back at it tomorrow.

LtsGirl 04-09-2010 09:08 PM

Finally i got my water in for the day and zero diet coke

W: 88oz
E: Tennis for an hour and an hour walk and abs/arms
E: Low calories for the day, blah...need to work on this
D: going to do laundry in an hour!

Tomorrow:
W: 88oz of water
E: Going to be busy busy at work but still want to get an hour workout in before the day begins
E: Need to shoot for 3 meals and two snacks
D: Make it through the day without killing anyone

Anne Elk 04-09-2010 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtiger (Post 3240766)
Today was my weigh-in. I was 177.6, up from last week, but TOM is just finishing up. This is usually when I lose a bit. So bring on the loss. I did about 2.5 miles today. I jogged a little less than half. It was cold. My whole sping break has been rainy and cold. YUCK!!!

Mama- 14 days at the Y. YAY!!! You use it for all it's worth.

Anne- I wouldn't fret 1600 calories too much. That is about my Gruve is telling me to eat. It also wants me to burn 595 calories a day. It's very doable.

Jeni- SOrry you have to go back to work. We all do. My break is coming rapidly to a close. Monday will be here way too quick.

What's Gruve? What do you do to burn an extra 600 cals/day? (I'm assuming you mean 600 cals on top of what you would burn doing nothing).

I did better today cal-wise but still a bit higher than I wanted. Some days I'm just hungrier than other days.

MamaP 04-10-2010 01:58 AM

Jeni ~ the Y in the Kansas City area is $61 a month (for an individual) and $56 with the corporate discount I would get for having Blue Cross/Blue Shield Health Insurance. They do have a financial aid thing but because I'm a single person, based on my income it would still be $55 a month. I have a sister who lives 3 1/2 hours from me (in Wichita, Kansas) and for a single person membership there it is $35 and with the corporate discount it is only $29 a month. My area is nearly double. I just can't afford $55 a month so I'm gonna do what I can during my 14 days and then figure out what to do after that.

jcatron243 04-10-2010 05:36 AM

MM~I love going for walks, even at a high paced one. Keep up the good work.

Anne~I hat it when projects take longer than expected. Your plan sounds good. I hate to be hungry, thats why I eat lots of times throughout the day. If I'm hungrier I allow myself more. Its all about living a healthy life.

Lts~I tend to eat lower amounts of cals through my work day as well. Thats why its important for me to plan. Since I work 12 hour shifts I make sure I take 5 low cal snacks. then I have a good dinner with no carbs. Dont be afraid to go into phase 2. Stay away from the scale if it will discourage you. Remember you are adding foods in that are good for you. Great job on the zero diet coke! If I drink soda I bloat and the scale goes up for days.

Lobon~Good job on the run. I never add swimming into my workouts. I want to start triathalon training, but get held up on the idea of swimming. I don' know why.

Mindy~I hope you get your whoosh. You have worked so very hard!! Sorry your weathers been crummy.

Kris~our Y was that high about 10 years ago. They built a new building with two awsome pools and a ton of new equipment. They combined two cities into one. It was a bummer for a lot of people. Then, the story goes, a person passed away and left her 2.5 million estate to the Y. They were able to lower costs. We pay 52 a month for the family.

I feel so much better today. (ofcourse I've only been up 30 minutes :)) I slept almost all night. I hope it holds on because I really want to workout today.

W 64 oz
E 35 minutes
E 1500 cals
D make it to work out.

mtiger 04-10-2010 10:46 AM

Anne- A Gruve is a calorie monitor, similar to a Bodybugg. I wear it 24 hrs a day. I plug it into the website and it tracks calories burned and tells me how many I should eat and burn. I burn 1400 calories a day doing nothing. I should burn about 600 more with my activity throughout the day. Lately I have just been taking a 2 to 3 mile walk each day or throw in some jogging, like yesterday. I am having NO trouble burning 6pp additional calories.

I was 177 today, down a little bit. I really want to see a new low, like 174ish. That would be awesome. It is coming off SSSOOOO SSSSLLLLOOOOWWWW!!!. But hopefully, coming off.

jcatron243 04-11-2010 05:38 AM

Mindy~You'll get there!

So I am feeling better except for the fatigue. I barely made it through work yesterday. I decided that it probably was in my best interest to come home and sleep. DH made my dinner. I ate and fell asleep. The gym is closed today so wont work out today.

Having a potluck today. I hate potlucks, but I am bringing veggies and the rest of my normal food so I can avoid eating it.

I'm still journalling everything i eat and my workouts. I'm suprised at the extra calories I've been getting without realizing it. I will have 7 days of info after today. Starting monday I am going to cut out about 200 cals from my average day and see how I do.

W 80 oz
E not much today
E 1500 cals
D stay away from the potluck food.

mothermavis 04-11-2010 09:04 AM

Not doing much other than walking. Cleaned up my eating too Jeni. No more BLT's!! Threw my back out yesterday so today will be a day of rest!

W As much as I can get in!
E Just took the dog for a slow walk, definitely stretching!
E OP stuck with it last night out to dinner to. Had crabmeat stuffed shrimp and broccoli with no rolls or other junk. Delish!
D Taking it one moment at a time!

LtsGirl 04-11-2010 10:00 AM

jcatron, I'll have to remember to start packing snacks- I get paid thursday so I can get Atkins bars/shakes which are perfect and actually really satisfying.

Yesterday...bum bum bummmmm I had a fry bread, some chocolate and an easy mac...it was a Girl Scout event (Jamboree) and I had to have fry bread and when I got home at 9 at night I had to have an Easy Mac to keep from dying lol (Good news, scale didn't go up!)

So the next four days will be very strict
W-88oz
E- Gym for at least 2 hours
E- Eggs, Salad and Chicken galore!!
D- Manicure/Pedicure/Tanning....I deserve it :)

Califiona 04-11-2010 10:21 AM

I'm up for the WEED challenge too!
W-I feel like all I do is drink water, but then I have some coffee and I am dehydrated again. Goal is to drink 100 oz of water and no coffee after noon so that maybe I'll retain some of the water :)
E-3 days of weight training for an hour; 3 days of biking to and from work, and three days of running.
E-keep it under 1500 calories and log in the food and fitday. I have been going to about 2,000 calories, which is probably why I see no difference on the scale.
D-Tell someone that you care about everyday how special they are and how much you appreciate them.
Here I come week!

jcatron243 04-12-2010 05:35 AM

:welcome: califiona

Lts~I used to eat protein bars. they are yummt.

MM~I hope your back gets better soon.

EVERYONE! here is the link to Week 2's thread. We start a new thread every monday~
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chic...ml#post3243691

Anne Elk 04-12-2010 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtiger (Post 3241401)
Anne- A Gruve is a calorie monitor, similar to a Bodybugg. I wear it 24 hrs a day. I plug it into the website and it tracks calories burned and tells me how many I should eat and burn. I burn 1400 calories a day doing nothing. I should burn about 600 more with my activity throughout the day. Lately I have just been taking a 2 to 3 mile walk each day or throw in some jogging, like yesterday. I am having NO trouble burning 6pp additional calories.

I was 177 today, down a little bit. I really want to see a new low, like 174ish. That would be awesome. It is coming off SSSOOOO SSSSLLLLOOOOWWWW!!!. But hopefully, coming off.

Thanks, I've never heard of Gruve or Bodybugg. Where'd you buy it? Are they expensive? I'm up 2 lbs this morning (even though yesterday my weight was still 161). I'm ticked off! :mad: I averaged my cals for last week and came in at 1600-1700 cals/day. Too many, I"m looking to average 1400-1500/day. Tweaking this week and hopefully the scale will go down next week.

Congrats on your loss so far ... good job!!!

jmfan317 04-12-2010 02:35 PM

W: 64 oz. Doin great on that
E: wrkout 5xs a wk 27 mins to an hr a day Sticking w/ it
E: Stick with my calorie shifting diet Perfect
D: Keep track of my cals and the food I eat every bite Perfect