3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   W.O.W. No Foolin its Easter Challenge~~Week 5 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/196731-w-o-w-no-foolin-its-easter-challenge%7E%7Eweek-5-a.html)

mothermavis 03-15-2010 06:34 AM

W.O.W. No Foolin its Easter Challenge~~Week 5

Starting the new week for Jeni!!

Still trying to recommit myself to myself!

W 100, used to do this like nothing, need to get it down
E Just did "Shred" off to crucnh before I hop in the shower
E OP, POP today!
D Love thyself!

Dab52776 03-15-2010 07:19 AM

Mothermavis... Thanks for starting the new thread. Great workout... I KNOW you can stay OP today :D

W: 96 oz
E: treadmill intervals #1
E: on plan
D: get some cleaning done tonight

Off to shower for work.....

MamaP 03-15-2010 10:32 AM

I am not sure why I am losing so slowly. I am getting in at least 30 minutes worth of exercise 6 days a week. I am beginning to think I am not eating enough calories and/or I am having too many carbs. Over the weekend I set up a new account with FitDay and am going to start tracking calories and carbs. I am getting frustrated. I realize losing 9 1/2 lbs in 19 days is pretty good - but I lost the first 7 lbs in the first 6-7 days.

Week 1: N/A (started on Thursday of Week 2)
Week 2 SW: 256.5
Week 3: 252.6
Week 4: 250.5
CW: 247

W: 48 oz
E: Minimum of 30 minutes - six days a week
E: NO CANDY from the candy dishes at work (they have all kinds of chocolate and M&Ms and a breakroom full of free unhealthy snacks - chips, cookies, pop, etc.)
D: Getting things ready for my trip to see my daughter and her family - finish up baby gifts for her shower, etc.
----------------------
Kris
Dancing away the pounds
One :dancer: for every 5 lbs lost
:dancer:
Goal 1: below 240
Goal 2: 218 (15% off)
Goal 3: Onderderland
Final Goal: 175 or below

Mini Goals of 5 lbs each . . .

Momto6inOH 03-15-2010 12:12 PM

Today was weigh in - I lost 2 lbs from previous week! :carrot:

Kris - tracking what you eat is a great idea. I track everything I eat.

Mothermavis - You can do it!

Have a great week everyone - Jeanette

W: 64 oz.
E: -- (I have a cold and very low energy today)
E: 1200-1400
D: Get better!

MamaP 03-15-2010 01:42 PM

I have been tracking what I eat - just not the calories. I was just trying to eat healthy and be careful on portion control. According to fit day and what I have been eating it looks like I need to add about 400-500 calories to my daily intake. I have only been averaging about 1200 calories. Now to find 400 calories that I want to add - that isn't mostly carbs.

Dab52776 03-16-2010 07:03 AM

Kris... It looks like you're doing all the right things... and at least losing consistently :carrot:

Jeannette.... Another loss!!!!!! Awesome!!!!! You're rockin this!

I'm going to have a hard week.... lots of stress!!!! DH's grandmother passed away, and we already had a legal hearing to go to tomorrow, and the added work of getting ready for a substitute at work. I'm going to try my very best not to use food for comfort :crossed:

W: 80 oz
E: weights
E: on plan!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No emotional eating!!!!!!!
D: get everything ready to make it through the next few days

Momto6inOH 03-16-2010 10:04 AM

Dawn,
Sorry to hear about your DH's grandmother. Consider allowing yourself good or at least not bad comfort food. Here's a couple things I put in the good or not/bad category: 1) Panera Chicken Noodle Soup (it's thick, filling and very healthy) 2) Weight Watchers Chocolate Desserts - I like the chocolate cake that gets gooey when microwaved slightly or the chocolate sundae dessert that takes decadent but is really not too bad. And, if you allow yourself a meal without counting, enjoy it and don't sweat it! Just try to cut out one or two things from the meal like the buttered bread or dessert.

Kris - makes sense that you need to add some healthy calories. I've heard that one's body will shift into "low-calorie burn" mode if calories are not sufficent. Good luck!

Jeni - if you can read these posts, we miss u! Hope you are having a great time! Jeanette

MamaP 03-16-2010 11:39 AM

I have been averaging about 1200 calories a day and according to Fit Day I should be having between 1800-2000. I added about 500 calories to my day yesterday, which caused a 1 lb weight gain this morning. I figured it would do that. I have decided not to weigh again until as least on Friday because I am sure it will take a few days for my body to adjust to the extra calories and not hang onto them. I'm hoping this works. I really wanted to be at 20 lbs lost by the time I went on my trip to see my daughter, but I now know that's not going to happen. I leave in 11 days and don't think I will lose 10.5 more lbs between now and then.

On the positive side: just for fun, last night I tried on a dress I bought over two years ago and couldn't wear. It fit well enough that I put it in my suitcase for my trip. Size 16w- still had the tags on it. I don't know if I will actually wear it, but I could if I wanted to.

onestar 03-16-2010 10:44 PM

Week 1: 177.7
Week 2 177.8
Week 3: 176.4
Week 4: didnt weigh
Week 5: 175.4
Week 6:
Week 7:

so i havent lost a whole lot but at least i'm moving in the right direction... i just started using fit day yesterday. i got curious about it hearing someone mention it on here. i love it. it really puts things into perspective for me. i can consume about 1.672 but i am trying to stay under that. i consumed 1203 and burned 2742 so i think i'm doing good.

IcassiopeiaI 03-17-2010 02:25 AM

okay so this first one will just be my goals

W: 4.4 l a day
E: >3 hours + 30 day shred everday
E: NO EXTRAS. stick to the calorie plan!
D: 22 days left, but today is just one. one day

i will update with my actual erm.. weed info tomorrow night!

jcatron243 03-17-2010 09:13 AM

Hi everyone. sorry no personsals but i have a minute to say hi.

i am having a great time. so are the kids. i ve met some wonderful people too. walking around and pushin 100 plus pounds is giving me a workout .

zoochick777 03-17-2010 01:24 PM

Hello everyone!

Week 2: 180
Week 3: 177.8
Week 4: 178
Week 5: 177.6

Should have been lower this week, but I ate a good bit of pizza the other day. I will try my best to do better next week, I just need to resist my cravings. Much easier said than done lol.

WEED for the week:
W: 64-80 oz
E: Work
E: 1500-1800 cals
D: Keep my room clean!

mtiger 03-17-2010 08:12 PM

Week 1- 177.8
Week 2- 180 YUCK!!
Week 3- 181.2 TOM should start tomorrow
Week 4- 180.6 Not a lot of progress.
Week 5- 178.6 A little better

Great day to get outside. Did 20 min. of arms first. then got in a jog. Yay!!!

Mama- At least you are losing. Gotta love that.

Mom- You're losing too. YAY!!

Dab- Hang in there.

Zoo- Look at us and our numbers. We are sticking together, for sure.

onestar 03-17-2010 10:16 PM

went to the park this evening and got in a good walk/jog. gonna do some arms and abs before bed. it was so nice out today!

IcassiopeiaI 03-18-2010 02:10 AM

booo i did not meet ANY of my daily goals

W: >3 liters but not quite 4
E: 1 hour at the gym (MUST get up early tomorrow)
E: yay! i lied, i stayed op with my eating so thats ONE goal i met
D: it is one day, it is one day, it is one day

okay, i will try to stay op and update on... sunday?

zoochick777 03-18-2010 12:21 PM

Well I was down a little bit this morning, hopefully I'll lose some more of this water weight I've been hanging on to by Monday. Going to the movies today with the boyfriend to see Cop Out, then going eat at IHOP. I'm going to get something off the IHOP for ME menu, which I'm pretty sure everything is under 500 calories. I'm getting ready to go check out the website now to plan exactly what I'm getting. And Mindy, we sure are sticking together with numbers, we're almost exactly the same. But we WILL lose for this challenge!

onestar 03-20-2010 09:42 PM

drama drama everywhere

had a fairly good day today; took my daughter to the dentist and she acted soooo dramatic; kicking and screaming and spiiting the stuff out. i was so embarresed. she is only 2.5 y/o but still she caould have been better. then took my cat to the vet where she was just as dramatic. they couldnt even do the exam so she just got her shots and thats it. saved me some money though lol. and it was pouring all day, so didnt get to get outside toomuch. going to do my biggest loser video in a few... my s/o is watching G.I.Joe right now. how lame! lol.. anyways, down to 173.6. have only eaten 862 calories so far. not on purpose; just not that hungry and kind of not in the mood to eat... i'm pretty tired. i've eaten a lot of fiber and not enough water so u know what that means. i hate this feeling! hopefully i'll be ok in the am.. good night

jcatron243 03-20-2010 10:01 PM

Happy Saturday Everyone. I will try to post personals in the morning right now I am Finishing my calorie fest with pizza. I know I know not the greatest

My trip was amazing. The kids were well behaved (for the most part). They are glad to be home. They both got rock star makeovers and it was great. I am going to put my pics on facebook over the next couple of days if anyone is interested.

I'm sorry to say that I did nothing I promised myself I would do where it comes to my calories in. We pretty much ate when the kiddos were hungry which was only breakfast and dinner, but we did snack in the middle of the day on not so healthy foods (we did try for a couple of days :)) I got on the scale when I got home. I couldn't help myself. Luckily for me I am either severly dehydrated or I am the same 138. I am getting in my water tonight so I will know tomorrow.

I wont get in a workout til tomorrow. More tomorrow!

jcatron243 03-21-2010 12:34 PM

Good morning. I know its a little late in the day.

I'm happy to say that the scale said 139 today so I didn't go out of the 130s. its still 5 pounds higher than my lowest, but I only saw that once last month.

I know I promised personals today but I have a ton to do. Life gets back to normal tommorrow.

W 80 oz
E 35 minute run, 10 row, 15 weights
E 1500 cals I think.
D Laundry. . . Laundry. . . .Laundry.

Disneyland was totally awsome. Tommy went on some new rides and so Did Makenna. Next year I bet Tommy is Tall enough to go on all the rides. :) Makenna too. It was so nice to sleep in my own bed last night. My animals are happy to have us home, and we are happy to be here.

jcatron243 03-21-2010 05:07 PM

38 minute run~3.4 miles. Not my best but got it done.
10.5 minutes on row machine
5 minutes weights.

I was done. Need to build my stamina back.

mtiger 03-21-2010 07:07 PM

Jeni- Glad you're back and that you had a great time. Look at that weight. good for you.

Nothing to report. I am just maintaining. What happened to losing?? I am waiting for my secret weapon to arrive. I really want to get started. Hopefully tomorrow.

onestar 03-21-2010 07:56 PM

technical question about calories

if i was way under on calorie intake yesterday (only consumed about 862) then went over today (consumed about 1,845) will i see a gain in the a.m.? according to fit day i am allowed 1,672. i got in my workout today walking/ jogging also. for some reason i was just not hungry yesterday then of course today i was starving lol. weird. thanks!

jcatron243 03-21-2010 09:03 PM

Mindy~did you go for the body bug?

Onestar~ I doubt you will gain, but I rarely go by what fitday tells me I'm allowed. If I did I would never lose. I just follow what my body responds to.

Post here ladies~

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chic...ml#post3211861