Old 02-25-2010, 12:50 PM   #31  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

Height: 5'5

jeni..i hope your feeling better soon.

Jeanete, jeni, dab52776... thanks for all the encouragment this is another reason why i need to log in everyday... thanks for the reminder..
w 64
e wii bootcamp 1hour
e 1200 calz
d plan meals for weekend
TIARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:13 PM   #32  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Tiara~

I made my run. 3.5 miles but it took me 37 minutes, ugg. I understand why my times are slower, but it still irks me to see that number. When I hurt my foot during the last challenge, I read up on preventing sports injuries. The number 1 piece of advice was warming up and cooling down properly. So now, I do. 5 minutes up~5 minutes down. Also I stopped sprinting in the middle of my run based on advice for my particular pain. I also got in 10 minutes on the Row machine, it is soo boring, but time is going by quicker. 15 minutes on weights was pushing it, so many people in my way again.

Now time for shopping YAY!
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:59 PM   #33  
In it for the long run

S/C/G: 196/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Well today didn't start off too well. One of the bravest little boys I know earned his wings early this morning at 2:10 am. He's my boss's son and is only 6 years old. He got diagnosed Nov. 08 with Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma (DIPG). It's an inoperable brain tumor that wraps around the brain stem. He was only given 6 months to live after diagnosis, but fought for 15 months. His family is so strong and is an inspiration, I can't even begin to imagine what they are going through. So please everyone, pray for this family, and the brave little pirate who lost his fight. If you want to here his story visit www.pirateben.blogspot.com

Well as for my plan, I was down to 178.4 this morning. Finally getting rid of some of this water weight.
Jeni: The job has been GREAT. Although I am very glad I am off today, and I know everyone there right now is having a very difficult time concentrating on work after losing Lil Ben. But the job itself is very rewarding and fun.
zoochick777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 02:25 PM   #34  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

I just found this site today so I'm coming into this challenge a little late, but that's okay. I'm ready to go!

SW: 256

W: 64 oz
E: Minimum of 30 minutes daily on the Wii
E: NO CANDY from the candy dishes at work (they have all kinds of chocolate and M&Ms and a breakroom full of free unhealthy snacks - chips, cookies, pop, etc.)
D: Continue the unpacking and organizing of my craft room (moved last fall)
MamaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 05:59 PM   #35  
Goonies never say die!

S/C/G: 198/ticker/145

Everything has been going swimmingly for me thus far. I had one day where i went over calories by 73.... but i think that is okay especially since i have mostly been at the lower end of the 1600 - 1800 all other days.

I am taking two days off from the gym this week (today and tomorrow) because i have a 5K race on Saturday, and i always give two rest days before a race.

I could do a bit better on the cleaning/clutter removal... but DH actually pitched in on Sunday and we got a lot done!
DaisyNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:16 PM   #36  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

daisynicole.. i hear you on the claning.. Im honestly thinking anout going through everything i own and either tossing it or donate it.. I only 22 years old and i have so much crap... i hate to see when im married with kids . .

jeni.. keep up the good work exercising.. you truely are inspiring..

i started a blog in hopes i can see my progress. I hope to keep at it for a year.. wish me patience ..
Old 02-25-2010, 06:30 PM   #37  
Calorie Counter

Zoochick~I'm so sad for your boss. I cant imagine losing one of my children.

Mamap~I cant wait to get to know you better. 3fc has been a staple in my life for 3 years. I love it here.

Nicole~good luck on your 5k Saturday. Great job on sticking to your plan.

Tiara~I was the same way at 22, now I have a ton of stuff, but I am slowly getting rid of it. Keeping up the house work is a chore, but now the kids are starting to help, it is much easier.

DH called, he may get off early and so we may go and workout together. I doubt I will do much cardio but I can always use a bit of an extra workout.

Everything else is going great!
Old 02-25-2010, 07:40 PM   #38  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Zoochick and Jeni- You both talked about how much you burned with a certain activity. How did you figure that out??? Maybe the gym is the way to go, if I find one without a long term committment. Then if it doesn't work, I can try the bodybugg. My thought was, if I try the gym, how do I know if I'm burning enough. A bodybugg would tell me that. See my confusion.

Just a comment about p90x. I don't find it that challengin anymore. Funny how that happens.

179.4 today, but TOM is fast approaching. Last month gained 5, lost 6.5 after. I am a bit worried for this month. I SURE wish my body didn't do this. HOW ANNOYING!!!!
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:38 PM   #39  

Height: 5'3"

Hey Ladies -

Zoo - I can't imagine the loss of such a young life, same with Jeni it makes me think of what it would be like to lose one of my children, just unfathomable. My heart goes out to his family - stay strong!

MamaP - welcome!

DailyNicole - I feel like my life is a constant battle of decluttering! Have a great race this weekend.

mtiger - weight loss is extremely frustrating, before I had kids I could drop weight in my sleep, now every ounce is a struggle. Hang in there (no, not the kitten poster )

Did OK today, went to an unplanned lunch at panera bread so I'm definitely going to retain some water through tomorrow. I never have issues with sodium (believe me my food is well seasoned) but eating out always makes me puffy. DH is working late again and won't be home until midnight so trying not to get frustrated and get everything in order for tomorrow. Still have my sinus thing going on, it'll go away someday right? Since it's so late I'll just post my WEED for tomorrow.

W - 64+
E - ?
E - stay OP
D - attempt to make gnocchi, wish me luck
emiloots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:42 PM   #40  
In it for the long run

S/C/G: 196/ticker/145

Mindy, I have the GoWear Fit (which is basically the same as the bodybugg). That's how I keep track of my calories burned. It's a huge help to me because I can average the calories I burn during the week to figure out how many calories I should consume per day.
zoochick777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:42 PM   #41  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

jeni.. lol thats good to know i always watch the show horders and say that will never be me but then i go shopping and buy things that i really dont need..lol
so far so good im gonna start my work out now...
Old 02-26-2010, 05:36 AM   #42  
Calorie Counter

Mindy~I don't actually count my calories burned, but the machines do show a calories burned, most of them you can put in your weight and it gives you an average burned for people of that weight. I used to weigh myself before and after a workout to see how much weight I sweated out, usually it is 2 pounds. That 2 pounds comes back after I drink my water, but as long as I sweat I know its a good workout. I think your plan is good, try the gym for at least 6 weeks, if you still don't get results try the bodybugg.

Emily~I did the same thing with dinner last night. I can definately feel the bloat today.

Tiara~I hope you got in a good workout.

Zoochick~

So last night I did go for a quick workout at the gym with DH. I started to do a slow jog, but my legs started cramping up. I ended up on the tread for 20 and row machine 10. We also ended up with a quickie fried food dinner because we didn't plan very well and the kids had to eat before swim lessons. I also ate a banana to help stop the leg cramping.

W 80 oz
E 35 minutes
E 1200 cals
D to not come up with an excuse to call in sick wed, thurs.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:51 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 194.5/194.5/140

Height: 5'2"

MamaP

Tiara... There have been times when I related to the show hoarders also LOL... its easy to buy stuff, but I never seem to get rid of things

Zoochick... So sorry to hear about your boss's loss

Jeannette... Great job staying on track with your eating for 2 days in a row... I know how much of a challenge it can be!!!!

I'm a teacher, and we have a snow day today LOL! Now I just have to make sure I don't nibble all through this lazy day!

I met my WEED for the second day in a row yesterday! Let's go for three!
W: 80 oz
E: pilates
E: no nibbling between meals
D: clean up my kitchen a bit
Dab52776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 02:53 PM   #44  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

dawn.. i wish we had snow days here.. lol i believe they once closed our school because it was flooded..

jeni. my workout was a killer i jogged/walked for an hour but because i havent been exercising at all my body was in shock mode..lol Its my own fault.

Im slowly losing the weigh i gained. i can't wait till im back to my bday weight..

w 64++
e half hour at least... gonna be working late
e 1200
d sleep early.. even though i really wanna read..lol
Old 02-26-2010, 08:10 PM   #45  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Well I think I am going to check out some gyms this weekend. Tonight my workout buddies ditched me, so I clearly could have gone to the gym. Now I need to workout at home. I'll let ya know what I find out. Maybe I'll just work on some free trials for a while. That could be enough to tell if it would be worthwhile.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote