Old 02-19-2010, 08:28 AM   #46  
Hard Working Chick

Jeni- your stats look great! 8-12 miles at work? Thats good. Even not working out, you're working out!

Emiloots- i'm wishing you a quick recovery.

Mindy- How long have you been hovering? You stats look good either way!

Dawn ... here it comes.... KICK!!! stay focused and leave those sweets alone! You can do it.

I lost 2 lbs and some ounces! I made it through my early morning workout and feel better than ever.
Timoba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 08:30 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 182/172/152

Height: 5'9"

Help Ladies! I'm been stress eating this week - 3 of the days I think. I so don't want to loose the progress I made in the last challenge. I've gained 2 of the 12 back I lost. It is really not major stress - last night, it was because my almost 12-year old missed baseball tryouts. He's at his Dad's this week so his Dad was going to take him. I was there with my husband and step-son looking for my son. He was not there so I called - he said his Dad wasn't going to take him because he was busy now. Turns out my son would not get off the X-box after being told several times so his Dad decided he was not going to drag him to tryouts and moved on to work. My son really does want to play baseball but he's addicted to X-box right now. I want him to have other, healthier things in his life like a sport he likes and has talent for... I talked to some of the coaches present and they said he could still play since he played last year - he would just get put on same team as last year or his name would go in a hat if he did not want to be on that team. Sorry to be so wordy here - but someone or two, please tell me why I would get so emotional over this situation and eat a Sonic 99 cent burger, ice cream (at least light) and quite a bit of leftover potato soup with bacon over this? He'll still get to play if he shows some commitment. I should have just come home and got on my elliptical! Any words of wisdom on how to better deal with stress episodes that we all experience? I did get the small burger, no cheese when my husband stopped at Sonic but as soon as I walked in door to house I decided to eat the other two things because I was stressed.

Dab - I clearly had an addiction for a quick fix last night. It's almost like there should be a button we could push to STOP IT!

Mindy - I lost those 12 lbs on the last challenge because I counted everything I put in my mouth for most part. I have not really got going on an exercise routine (although I know it is very important for long-term success). Are you counting calories and eating a good balance of the food groups?

Hi Jeni, Emily, Timoba, Farn, Crystal, Onechick, Pokey, Nicole, K!!! Hope you have a super on-plan weekend!
Momto6inOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:57 AM   #48  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Timoba! Great job on getting in your workout today! I love that great feeling I get working out in the morning.

Jeanette~calm down, take some cleansing breaths. I hate stress eating, but today is a new day. Don't think about the past three days and think about today. Make a plan. make it invole a lot of protein, light on the carbs. Drink plenty of water that 2 pounds will come back off quickly.

My workout was okay I cant wait to go back and really sweat! My regular aerobics instructor is in Florida until next week and her replacement is good, she just is keeping it light (I think so she remembers the moves). My run was nice though.

Editing~ Got my second workout!! 4.2 miles on the elliptical 35 minutes. 10 minutes row machine~why does such a good workout have to be so boring?? I only ended up doing 15 on weights, but I only skipped one machine, I don't know how that happened.

Last edited by jcatron243; 02-19-2010 at 12:54 PM.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 10:00 AM   #49  
Calorie Counter

Good Morning my friends.

Like I predicted the other day, my scale is creeping back up. I hate mid cycle. But, I'll deal with it, and I will keep up with eating and exercise. Im going to be tryng to drink water with fresh lemon juice. Its supposed to be a natural diuretic. We'll see.

W 80 oz
E 45 minute cardio 20 weights. I think I may do some free weights today
E 1400 calories
D yard work, take the kids for a walk to start conditioning their bodies for disneyland
Old 02-20-2010, 10:54 AM   #50  
MindBodySpirit Health

S/C/G: 246/216/186

Hi everyone!

I just started again on Monday (2-15) so this challenge would be perfect for me. I'm a newbie to this challenge.

Right before Thanksgiving I got down to 186 but then I gave up and now I'm back up to 213.50. Sometimes I just want to kick myself (literally lol). But at least I found the motivation to get back on track. I will be a faithful poster to this challenge because I NEED accountability. It really helps.

Week 1: 213.50

W - I've been drinking between 96-112oz of water each day since Monday
E - I've exercised 5 times this week (including 2 days of resistance training)
E - I'm not calorie counting, but I'm eating more fruits, veggies, and lean meats
D - Until 3/17, this part of my challenge will mainly be motivating myself to study (for school) so I can finish this semester and be done with my degree!!
angieaang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 06:37 PM   #51  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

Height: 5'5

Hello everyone sorry ive been hiding.. My life has been very crazy between my gpa in the hospital and evrything eles in my life I binged and made it worst.. Tonight im gonna exercise for the 1t time in a while and im dreading it. lol at least my body is.. Missed you all...
w 64
e wii bootcamp...
e 1200
d clean my room
TIARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 08:53 PM   #52  
Calorie Counter

angie!! I cant wait to get to know you better!

Tiara I hope gpa is okay. Sorry life has been crazy. Take some quality time for yourself and at least get some nice stretching done.

Shouting out to MM~Michelle~Zoochick~Amy~Kris~anyone else from previous challenges! Pop in and say hi!

I got my workout in this morning. 40 on the tread and 15 weights. DH and I quit early because we had to get home to babysit. Everything else is going ok.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:21 PM   #53  
MindBodySpirit Health

S/C/G: 246/216/186

jcatron243 - Thanks so much for the welcome! You have been doing so well on your weight loss journey. I can't wait to acheive those big results too!

I got my last workout for the week in today. That makes 5 days this week. Today was 20 minutes on the treadmill (doing walk/jog intervals) and 10 minutes of medicine ball abs (an 8lb ball). I'm feeling very accomplished this week. I just started again this past Monday so I'm looking to have a successful weigh in on this coming Monday morning as I've been adhering to my healthy lifestyle all week! Yay me!! It's been a long time since I've gotten 6 days in the bag! LOL!
angieaang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 09:22 PM   #54  
yes girl

S/C/G: 201.4/179.8/130

Height: 5'0"

hi all! it's been a few days i know but i'm still here. i have pretty much been on plan with eating except for today when i had mexican food and corona. it was yummy but i felt so horrible after.

i found out the other day that a friend of mine from work has the hook up at conns and can get me a treadmill for like $200... i'm definitely going to get that because my current treadmill is so broken down. i really need a new one.

my boyfriend has recently started jogging again and bought some weights for his weight bench. hes pretty excited about that. he is soooo not overweight and in good physical shape. i guess he's just trying to maintain. i don't see where he needs any improvement, but whatever.

secretly think he wants us to exercise together. i mentioned the other day how boring it gets even with the radio so i think thats whats going on with that.....

definitely gonna get back on plan tomorrow and might exercise twice!
have a good night ladies!
onestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 11:54 PM   #55  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

Height: 5'5

one star.. aww you have such a loving and thoughtfull boyfriend...

jeni.. missed your messages..

Okay im done eating for the night now its on to the exercising.. will offically weigh in later..
TIARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 10:24 AM   #56  
Calorie Counter

Angie~Its been a long long time for my results. I have been going at it over 3.5 years. I've been apart of these challenges for most of that time. Awsome job on getting in your workouts!!!

One~I would love DH to go with me running, but he just isn't at that point yet.

Tiara~I hope you got in a good workout!!

Yesterday I was doing great on food until DH and I decided to have a few drinks. Oh well, I had a nice time The scale isnt to angry today, we will see tomrrow.

My grand plan~dishes, then go for a run outside, get our yard work done. Maybe we will take the kids swimming, Im babysitting again.

W 80 oz
E 45 minute run, home weights and abs.
E 1200 cals. Stick to it, make it clean.
D Yard work yard work yard work.
Old 02-21-2010, 11:37 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 194.5/194.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Good morning Chickies

Timoba..... Thanks girl for the KICK!!! Just what I need

Momto6... We should know better... emotional eating doesn't work. It just makes us mad at ourselves and then we get more emotional. Let's keep working... we'll beat this!!!! By the way, where in OH are you? I'm near Cleveland.

Angie... Welcome

Tiara... I hope your gpa is doing better soon

Ok, I need to recommit, so I think I'm going to try to post daily WEEDs, instead of trying to do it weekly. I'm hoping that puts my goals right there in front of me....
So, for today:
W: 64 oz (already had coffee and green tea today, so it's water for the rest of the day)
E: pilates
E: limit to one sweet... will get more strict tomorrow
D: get myself organized to start this week on the right foot (do laundry, straightening around the house, some food prep, and lesson plans)

Have a great Sunday!
Dab52776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 11:52 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 282/282/145

Height: 5' 5''

Hi all -
Hope you don't mind if I join. It would be great to be able to fit into something in my closet comfortably by Easter. Let's see if I can do it.

W - 64 oz
E - Brisk walk or tai bo 4 x/week and pilates 2 x/week
E - Gave up french fries and chocolate for Lent, but mainly for diet reasons. Other than that, eat when I'm hungry; stop when I'm full.
D - Working through a Christian weight loss book - encourages me to read the Bible more which is always good.
ThinkinThin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 12:49 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 310/ticker/155

Height: 5'8

hi! i've been gone for a while but I just want to check in and say that I'm down 4 pounds and I have been working out for about an hour almost every day! So i have been exceeding my original WEED goals! so happy!

W: i've been doing great getting in at least 70 ounces a day
E: 45-60 minutes every day, plus 20 minute walk with my puppy
E: i've been staying at least 50 calories under my 1500 intake a day
D: I want to start going to church more. I've been studying while exercising and it make the time go by faster and i've been keeping up with my classes because of it so I have less stress!

Tiara: sorry to hear about your gpa, hopefully he gets well soon! stay strong!

Welcome to all the newer people than me!!

have a good rest of the weekend everybody!
farn00a57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 12:54 PM   #60  
Calorie Counter

Dawn~Daily goals work best for me, even if they are all basically the same.

Thinkinthin~I cant wait to get to know you better.

Ashley~congrats on your losses so far!!!

So all are new gals know for next week I will start a new thread, the title will be w.o.w no foolin its easter challenge week 2~ I will post the link in this thread first thing in the morning my time.

I just had the most excellent of excellent workouts!! I have this phobia of running outside. I hate people seeing me run (which is dumb people see me run every day at the gym!)I have always been well endowed so I feel like the world is watching my girlies bounce (thats why I usually wear 2 bras to run). But the gym doesn't open until noon on sundays AND It is gorgeous outside. So I admitted to my hubby why I don't run outside, and then I went. I ended up just short of 4 miles in 45 minutes, which is about average for me but the wind resistance and the cool air made it totally awsome!! The sweat factor was amazing!! ofcourse at the gym I am in a light tanktop and outside I have a cap, gloves, longs sleave shirt and jacket. It was just awsome!!!!

My abs and strength training are done too. (oh but my dishes aren't, I went running first!)

Oh and my cumulative miles for the month is now over 50!!! I have 2.4 miles to go until I hit 2 marathons (cumulative) for the month!!!

Last edited by jcatron243; 02-21-2010 at 12:57 PM.