Old 02-16-2010, 08:08 AM   #16  
Hard Working Chick

thanks for the welcomes, chicks!

i'm just short of 35, married with 2 young children. i was recently diagnosed with diabetes and trying to lose weight for health reasons.

W - i like to stick with 64 oz a day. i usually drink more than that- especially during the summer months, but if i set my goal there, i'll at least get in the recommended amounts.

E - i lose motivation so quick! i will set my goals at 15 minutes a day in an attempt to get an established routine.

E - stay within my point range. (ww)

D - limit snacks today! we have ice cream & chips with today being mardi gras. i am planning to lay off of the chips and only eat one scoop of ice ceam.
Timoba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:16 AM   #17  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Ashley, I'm glad I didn't offend you. I'm also glad that you changed your goal. 1 rule I try to follow is to not get to discouraged if I don't make a challenge goal. Why? because I cant control what the scale says. I can control what I eat and how much I exercise. If I get my goals there, then I am good. The scale is very stubborn. (BTW I have only hit 2 goal weights in 3 years)

Dawn~my cholesterol was high too, not horribly but high. I haven't had it checked in over a year though.

Hi Jeanette! I lost and gaind the same 12 pounds for almost 18 months. It was so irratating. So far I have had myself in check since June. now its the same 5 pounds

Timoba~Last year my doctor diagnosed my with diabetes also. I had been pre-diabetic for at least 6 years. When I was pregnant with my kiddos I had gestational diabetes and I had to give myself 6 injections a day. I totally agree with your plan for exercise. That is exactly how I got started. In the past I went full out 60 minutes of hard cardio a day, kept it up fro a month, then I gave up. This time I knew I wanted to add it to my life, so I started at 15 minutes a day for a week, then I added 2 minutes for a week. . .I followed that until I hit 30 minutes. That was 3 years ago. Now I Love my workouts, I don't dread them, I need them and crave them. Stick with us, This is a great crew!! How old are your kiddos?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, todays plan is a simple one. Take Makenna to school, go workout, home and shower. Off to shopping to pick up some donations for "shoes for Hati" my Y is taking donations this week, also I am getting a new coffee pot for work. Then Fold the laundry my husband washed this weekend. Wash bedding, pull out suitcases to air them out. Pick Makenna up from school~Homework, maybe a second workout? Then Swim lessons for both Tommy and Mak. (We decided to keep Mak in the upper level since swim team doesnt start until april, and they opened the class up). Home and to bed. When I write it out like that it doesn't seem so simple does it.

The scale was nice this morning, I am back to 136 (my v-tines day weight). So I will change my ticker. I am completely blown away by the fact that I have ran over 34 miles so far this month. I guess a marathon a month is way short. (for you new gals Last month I set a goal to run a cumulative marathon a month every month for the year.)

W 80 oz
E 35 cardio/20 weights/ 10 cardio. Maybe a second burst of 35 cardio?
E1400 cals today
D Well I explained my day above.

Last edited by jcatron243; 02-16-2010 at 09:32 AM.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:49 AM   #18  

Height: 5'3"

Morning Ladies -

I apologize in advance, I'm really bad at keeping track of new 'faces', it's going to take me a while to remember everyone.

Ashley & Timoba - Welcome! Timoba, I go between WW and counting calories - I was on WW for 3 years before I had kids and was really successfu,l so it does work if you stick to the plan.

Jeni - We didn't get to go out, made Emeril's 'Shrimp & Sausage in Essence Cream Sauce' (aka superpasta in our house) very heavy & rich but oh so yummy, also had mini cheesecakes from whole foods. One of these days we'll get some time to ourselves that doesn't involve painting the house Glad the scale was good to you...136, I remember that weight - that's what I weiged when I got married. Congrats!!!

Jeanette - awesome weight loss last challenge!!

Today I have off because my mom's in town, dropped the kids off at daycare and we're going for pedicures at noon. Yay - haven't had one since I was pregnant with Desmond so it's been a while! Stopped off for my latte this moning, going to have some 0 points soup for lunch and plan a healthy dinner. Hope everyone has a great day!

W - 64+
E - none planned today
E - stay within my points
D - relax and enjoy the time with my mom, cleaning can wait for another day...
emiloots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:51 AM   #19  
Writer. Often pantsless.

Height: 5'7

Kris, have you tried a prescription for quitting smoking? My mom has been a smoker her entire life, and about a year ago went on Chantex (I know that's phonetically that's how it's spelled, but don't know how to actually spell it! ) and she was able to quit and stay quit. It's kind of a brutal program, it literally makes you sick to your stomach if you smell cigarettes, and then it starts to give you a Pavlovian response - you think about smoking and you get ill. Brutal, but effective!

----

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Do we update the next day if we met our goals for the day before, or are we setting goals each morning? I'm a bit confused!
pokeycactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:27 AM   #20  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Morning Weedies!

Pokey - I really appreciate the suggestion! My doctor actually prescribed Chantrix (and XANAX - what does that tell ya!) but never filled the prescriptions because I seriously (not a cop out) cannot afford to feel yucky during my work day. I am in my heavy work time (local govt budgets) and need to be on my top game for the next 3 months. The patches actually work well for me along with some good old fashion will power. I quit for 9 months and then "had one" and away we went. Been smoking about 1/2 a pack a day on weekends and 2 to 4 during the week. I just have to want to stop, and its done. Problem is... sometimes that moment on the porch with my nicotine filled friend is the only silence I get during my day (no one wants to hang out with a smoker you know!). Yeah for your mamma keeping away from them. Tell her to stay strong!!!!

OK - personals later - Weed for today ~

W - GET IT DOWN! 64+
E - Gonna walk the dog tonight
E - Not so focused on it today, but will watch portions
D - Doing what I need to do for me.... even if its back off!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:48 AM   #21  
Writer. Often pantsless.

Height: 5'7

Kris - she works for the government too! She's the head of security for a government program called Job Corps (she works with "displaced" youth and helps them turn their lives around) and so the kids would come into her office from a smoke break and smell like it, and she'd have to run out the back door to hurl. Poor mom! But yeah, she did it during the summer when she only had like, 50 kids on center as opposed to 500.

Confession - I actually like hanging out with the smokers! I know that sounds crazy, but when I'm having a horrible, horrible day, that smell reminds me so much of my mom, and even though I'm 25 and married, I live really far away from her, and some days, I just want my mom, ya know? I'm silly, I know...
pokeycactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 01:33 PM   #22  
Calorie Counter

Pokey~ Really its up to you if you want to let us know how you did the day before. I always set my goals in the morning. I believe in planning. We are totally laid back here.

Emily~I hope you have a good time getting your pedicure.

Kris~ Ah The moments of silence we steal for ourselves.

Workout is done. The new years rush is officially over for me for all those who quit working out. The gym was dead today so I stayed on the treadmill for 45 minutes. 4.15 miles. Got in my weights too! I feel great!!!

Now for the rest of my day.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:20 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 310/ticker/155

Height: 5'8

[QUOTE=jcatron243;3154669]Ashley, I'm glad I didn't offend you. I'm also glad that you changed your goal. 1 rule I try to follow is to not get to discouraged if I don't make a challenge goal. Why? because I cant control what the scale says. I can control what I eat and how much I exercise. If I get my goals there, then I am good. The scale is very stubborn. (BTW I have only hit 2 goal weights in 3 years)QUOTE]

oh yes don't worry, I wasn't offended at all. I'm actually glad that you said something i tend to get very excited and restless. So i have a problem with making my goals very unrealistic and just wanting the fat gone NOW. haha. I completely agree the scale is stubborn, we definitely have a love/hate relationship. thank you again with the helpful suggestions!

have a good rest of the day!!
farn00a57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:16 PM   #24  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Jeni- My lowest was 177 but I got down to 176.4 on Friday. Now I have gained again, 179.8. Why??? Who knows??

Glad to see all the new people here. Peoplpe are excited about this journey. I would just LOVE to see something under 175 and be able to keep it there. Pre-menopause SUCKS!!!

Nix- Glad you're sticking with us baby!!!

Did Jillian's kickboxing DVD tonight plus a little walk/jogging.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 08:24 PM   #25  
Calorie Counter

Mindy~The same reason my scale goes up 5 pounds overnight for no reason. IT HATES US!! Ok really I don't know.

No second workout for me today. I just got to busy. O well. Time an hour of swim lessons!!
Old 02-17-2010, 05:35 AM   #26  
Calorie Counter

Swim lessons was great yesterday!! There are so many kids in both classes. Tommy has two qualified teachers and they are both great! (14 kids!) Maks class has 10 kids, but since they are all good swimmers she only has 1 teacher. She swam So hard last night it was great!

Today is my last day of work for the week I get a day of vacation tomorrow.

DH has lost 10 pounds since Jan 4 doing his contest at work. I am so proud of him! Once he hits 200 pounds, (2 pounds to go) I am dropping the # of calories he can have. (from 2100 to 1900, It shouldn't be too hard on him. He is so nice to put me in control. He is consistantly losing weight, which is great. His real goal is to just to be under 200 pounds. But since he is in the contest he needs to keep losing. I'm hoping for 180, but its his goal that counts, not mine.

W 64 oz
E 35 minutes
E 1200 cals
D Have a great day!!
Old 02-17-2010, 07:03 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 194.5/194.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Jeni... Great news about your husband! I wish that mine would put me in control and let me help him lose weight, but he's not at the point of being ready to commit to that... hopefully someday

Quick check in on how my week is going:
W~ doing well
E~ on track, but missed my morning workout today, so I will have to do it this evening
E~ not so good. A Mardi Gras celebration at work yesterday got the best of me, but today is a new day
D~ Still trying to take a few minutes to relax, so the stress doesn't build up any more....improving!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Dab52776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 07:29 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 50/50/46

Height: 155cm

hi, i am new here... i just saw this forum when i google "weigh loss". i gain quite a lot since the valentine's day celebration which makes me feel bad about myself but i will try the daily affirmation method.

W- i take less than 1L a day so i will try to take 2 L water a day. dunno if it is enough for me but it is a start...

E- i work from 7.30 am until 5.30pm... the only exercise is to take 30 min walk with my dog

E- i only eat breakfast and lunch... i dont like eating dinner coz it makes me feel sleepy. i dunno if it will cause me overeat during breakfast or lunch...

D- as i say, i like myself but there is up and down so i will try to say something nice about myself everyday...

hopefully i can be more healthy...
allchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:29 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 205/205/145

Height: 5'6"

My goal for Easter- 6 pounds. I'm new here and I love the idea of these mini challenges! By Easter I will weigh 136 pounds- however, more importantly, for my WEED (and let's hope I do this right) this is what I want to accomplish;

W- I'm terrible of how much liquid period I drink in a day- so my goal here is to start slow. I want to increase my water from 2 cups to at least 4 cups today- so double my intake, and since cups are small and as long as I make a CONSCIENCE effort- I CAN do this!

E- I am terrible here too lol- Today and for the next week, my goal is to aim for 20 minutes daily- might not sound like much, but it is to ME

E- I usually undereat (not by choice always). Today, I am going to aim for a a healthy amount of around 1200

D- To think more positive of ME!
Crystalx5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 10:57 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 310/ticker/155

Height: 5'8

Good Morning all!!

Today is good day for me so far again. Way too fortunate these last few days. I am down another pound. So that is 3 towards my goal. I have been keeping up with my WEED. Hitting my exercise and my water goals as well as my calorie intake! Need to continue to work on the D part....

Off to work out on the elliptical for 45 minutes and take the puppy for a walk! Have a good day!
Just realized; there is a serious over abundance of smiley faces in this post! haha

Last edited by farn00a57; 02-17-2010 at 10:58 AM.
farn00a57 is offline   Reply With Quote