Old 02-22-2010, 10:11 AM   #271  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Let me know if there are others who've met goal this month. I'm so excited to see those who have done so much in such a short month! Way to go, ladies!!!
As for me, today marks my official return to logging my food. I have not made a dent in my numbers this month, but have maintained wonderfully, a few pounds over where I want to be. LOL I know tracking my food will help and I have a new food diary so I can have a nice record of my ups and downs. I was using a notebook for the last several months and it was rather tedious at times.
I'm pleased with the month overall though. I've gotten back to running a few days a week and even got outside to do it a couple days which was even better! My food has improved over what it was at the beginning of the month, though I've really struggled with motivation this month. So, I'm right there with ya, nellonello! I figured out I just needed to do a better job of setting myself up for success.
So, I'm already looking ahead to March. I'm going to set my sights on getting back to a bit more running, a little swimming, a little strength training and a lower maintenance weight. My heart just wasn't into it in February and I was/am definitely distracted and a little (or a lot) stressed. But I know I can ease into more for March so I'll make some progress toward getting into tri and marathon shape.
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:16 AM   #272  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Just a quickie, need to head into town and run some errands, workout, then hit the books.

Lousia - Yup, I'm thinking it's possible to do this forever, with the higher calories I'm at, about 2100, I can eat enough, fit some indulgences in while still eating the healthy base of food that got me here so I just have some work on emotional eating to do but that will be a long journey for sure. My food choices definitely look more like they did with weight loss than they did before though.

MsP - I'm glad it's been nice down there for you too, we're in the midst of a beautiful spell up here. I've been going about 1.5-1.8 miles or so and it feels like I might never go 13 miles again, lol. It's discouraging but exciting all at the same time, it's like we're newbies all over again.

Food choices are still good over here, I think I may be on my second week of no unplanned food too, awesome. But what's better is my mind isn't telling me to gorge on garbage anymore, that's how I know I'm threw the cravings anyway. TTFN
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:20 AM   #273  

S/C/G: 281/262/180

Height: 5' 7"

Time to bite the bullet! Wt. 262 Goal 152 by end of March. Fingers crossed and mouth glued shut!!
Tegeray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:37 AM   #274  
Sensewear and WW

S/C/G: 230/195.2/164

Height: 5'9"

I am up 0.2 for the month I have no one to blame but myself as I have been snacking and not tracking my calorie intake. So today I am printing out my before pictures and posting them on the pantry and fridge as a constant reminder of why I need to stay on track. My neighborhood is also talking about starting a diet club where we meet weekly, weigh in and have a weight loss chart to track how well we are doing. Hopefully with that accountability it will help me remain honest with myself.
nellonello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:43 AM   #275  
Back at it...again!

Tegeray -Welcome! Always good to have new joiners to these monthly challenges. I won't be posting the March thread for a few more days, but I'll put you down for the March goal list once I post the new thread, alright?
Old 02-22-2010, 01:18 PM   #276  
One day at a time...

S/C/G: 226/ticker/175

Hey Everyone!

Here's hoping you're doing well. My friend's visit is lovely! Luckily it's enabled me to get my progress pics taken and as such I've officically met goal for this month. I'll be posting pics and everything in the goal forum as soon as I can!
Shrinking Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 01:34 PM   #277  
Jeri

S/C/G: 286/142.6/150/new goal 140

Height: 5-4

Shriniking Girl or should i say SHRUNK Girl? That's just awesome - so pround of you! I can't wait to see the pictures!

I'm still nursing my back injury . Other than going out for a couple of hours yesterday to tak emy daughter to a Girl Scout event she couldn't miss, I've been a total couch potato since Thursday because it hurts too much to move. I thank whomever invented low calorie frozen meals, or else I'd probably be totally off plan, considering that my 9 year old's base of culinary knowlege consists entirely of mac and cheese, cold cereal, and grilled cheese sandwiches. My house is a mess, there are piles of laundry, dishes haven't been done in God knows how long .DH is off today and asked if I wanted him to stay home and clean or take the kids out all day and I told him to take the kids and GO

I wish i could say i hurt myself in an overzealous workout, but wanna know how I did it? I stood up. Yep. That's it. argh. My back has been a source of pain since I was a kid.
eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 05:14 PM   #278  

S/C/G: 129/see ticker/110

Height: 5'1"

Congratulations to those who met their monthly goal early!
Taurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:18 PM   #279  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

Nella - congrats on the mile! I can’t wait to be able to do that.

Tummy - I am so glad your hip is feeling better. Good job not pushing too far just yet. Congrats on the maintenance anniversary. Not to worry about going up a bit at the holidays. The whole thing is supposed to be about being normal, right? Well, that’s what happens to normal people, they gain a few over the holidays and then they drop them off again.

Eclipse - You totally made my night. I think that is the first time someone has said “you runners” and meant for it to include me. Thank you! Congrats on all this whooshing you’ve got goin’ on.

Bigmid - when I first got an elliptical I couldn’t even manage 5 minutes, but I slowly worked my time up and up. I can do 60 now if I want to. It’s a good calorie burn and after a few weeks I actually liked it and it was great for me to have that sense of accomplishment with every minute more I could do on the evil thing.

Louisa -

I decided to join the boys in the weight room yesterday. That was awesome! I did about 90 minutes in there, but that was mostly because while I had hubby there with me I wanted him to show me how each machine worked. Often our schedules don’t work to where he can go with me. I’m still doing my light daily ST program at home, but I am going to add some time in the weight room as well. I haven’t decided how much or how often just yet. I did a bench press for the first time in my entire life. I can press 95 pounds. I have no idea if that is good, bad, or in between and I am having trouble finding info online for female lifting. I wish I could find more info because I really have no clue and so I have no idea how to set any goals. I can squat 300, I’m pretty sure that one is impressive. If anyone has any info on averages for a female or anything please share. The scale this morning was not my friend. It said 179.6. It keeps bouncing and I’m not sure I will make my weight goal for Feb. That’s ok though, I’ve lost about 1.5 inches from my waist this month, so I’m not complaining. I was in the store the other day and they had some of last summer’s shorts on clearance, I tried on some 12s and they fit great, so I got the only 2 pair of 12s I could find.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 09:03 AM   #280  
Back at it...again!

SG-Yay on meeting your goal of getting those progress pics taken finally! I'm so proud of you!! Also, it's good to hear your visit with your friend is going well. How is everything else? Keep taking good care of you!

FGG-A word to the wise, take care buying shorts (or any summer clothes) that "fit great" now, because by summer you may be swimming in them. I had this experience in the fall...buying clothes in the summer for the fall/winter...and then could've kicked myself for not buying at least 1 size down. You're losing those pounds and inches and by summer you may be fully down another size or 2! Congrats on them fitting so nicely though! That always feels awesome! Also, nice job on the weights. I don't know what are considered impressive weights to lift, but good for you for getting in there and doing it!!

eclipse-Sorry to hear about your back. Hopefully it will heal soon and you can get back into your routine. Good job staying on track with the frozen meals...it does the trick when you can't cook!

So, this week DD1 is "friend of the week" at her kindergarten class. This means she gets to bring in her favorite book for storytime, she fills out a paper with all her favorite things, she can have grandparents or parents come eat lunch with her and a friend she chooses, and she is supposed to bring in pictures of her family. Well, I really struggled with some vanity while selecting photos for her to bring in. I cannot stand sending pics of "before" since the kids in her class have never seen me that way and I prefer people just see me as I am now. It also reminded me I need to get my recent pictures developed instread of letting them sit on my computer for a year! It was another fantastic reminder of how glad I am that I'm SO much healthier and happier with my body now.

Last edited by Ms Perception; 02-23-2010 at 09:07 AM.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:23 AM   #281  
Cute and fun to be with

S/C/G: 250/ticker/125

Height: 5' 5.5"

My Goal is 216. I haven't made it yet, but as of this morning I was at 218.8, so I am down 3.2 pounds for the month.

Since I was sick for a full 2 weeks of February, and since as others have pointed out, it was a short month, I am very comfortable with my results. I expect to be well on track for all of March, and see a much larger loss by the end.
knobhdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 09:40 PM   #282  

Hi just thought I would check in and say hello to everyone nothing new to report on my end

ThinkingThin - thanks for the info, I like the treadmill better but I guess I need to look at what will help my mom as well

GOINGTOLOSE100 - this really is a motivating site isn't it glad you are here and good luck with your journey

Taurie - Thanks for your input and 20 to start on the elliptical is good I think and now to be at 45 that's great.

Louisa H - Thanks for the info I am also doing exercise videos right now as you can always change them up. I just started doing a 30 day challange with the Wii ea active it's a good workout. I am so sorry for you loss.

MsPerception - Congrats on getting your taxes done already, how is the logging of your food going? As a photo lab manager I can truly say you need to get those pictures off the computer and in you albums

Lil Judy - Congratulations on reaching your goal for the month

Tegeray - that is a lofty goal for the month 110lbs I am thinking that one of the numbers is wrong or you have an awesome secret to losing weight.....want to share it

nellonello - did you put that picture up on the fridge yet?

ShrinkingGirl - you have done awesome....Congratulations on making goal

eclipse - is your back feeling better yet? I love frozen dinners for the convience they provide.

FitGirlyGirl - that is true to measure your accomplishements 1 min at a time. I could totally see myself doing that too. Yeah 1 more min this time.....doing 60 on the elliptical I can't even imagine that right now. I think the weight you did on the bench press is amazing that is very high weight for never doing it before and wow on the squat weight. Size 12 I can only dream

knobhdy - 3.2lbs for the month is great congratulations
Bigmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 01:40 AM   #283  

S/C/G: 129/see ticker/110

Height: 5'1"

fitgirlygirl - both your numbers are impressive. I found a couple links for you so you can see how fabulous your numbers are.

http://http://www.exrx.net/Testing/W...Standards.html

http://http://www.exrx.net/Testing/W...Standards.html

eclipse - I hope your back heals quickly. Back drama is the worst!

msperception - that's so sweet 'friend of the week'. I'm sure your new pictures will be fantastic. This just serves to show you how far you've come. You're doing amazing.

knobhdy - 3.2 lbs is excellent! Way to go!!

My scale crept back up to 120.0 this morning, but I guess that is expected to happen as I do weigh myself everyday. Off to spin class.
Taurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:30 AM   #284  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Hey ladies,

Another quick howdy, food and exercise have been good and even got in a post dinner run last night in the beautiful weather.

FGG - Just my two cents on the weights, use the free weights if you can, barbells, dumbbells, they use more muscle groups for stabilzation than the big fancy machines do. And lift heavy, lol! (but really, do lift heavy, it's so much better) http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/workoutdatabase.htm
Is a website that can help you build a weight routine based on your preferences, time available and shows videos of all the exercises so you get an idea of what you're doing. You can even print out the workouts you make to take to the gym with you, very cool. Just don't be scared by the pictures of crazy psycho weight lifters on there. And ya I guess that's what normal people do but mine was a bit bingy bingy so it wasn't just over eating it was the way I did it that was concerning, oh ya and the two times since Christmas when I did it again, lol. Live and learn I guess.

to everyone else, didn't realize it was already 8:30 yikes!
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:38 AM   #285  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 197.6/195.8/140

Height: 5'2"

Morning ladies!!! I see that people are doing really well as we wind down February. A big WAHOO to Shrinking Girl for making her goal!!! We're all so proud of you!!

TOM showed up on Monday, so I'm getting through that. I was doing good on the exercising last week but this week has been a wash so far. I got to do some yard work on Saturday because it was warm and not raining finally! I'm holding steady at 159-160. It's annoying, but I have no one else to blame but myself.

I'm still deciding if I want to change my goal or not. My body is very comfortable at this weight. I am comfortable at this weight. I feel good. I'm sure I would feel good if I lost more, but I think realistically, I can maintain at this weight, I don't know if I could maintain at 135. I don't want to sound like I am giving up on the weight loss, but I don't need to have anything else to stress out about right now either. Between custody issues with my stepkids and DH and I trying to have a baby of our own, there's just a lot going on. I am thinking about focusing less on the weight loss and more on the getting healthier. I would really love to become a runner. Maybe I can start some 5k training and just watch what I eat, but not obsess over it. I think if I can get more toned I would be just as happy than losing another 20+ pounds.

Who knows, maybe I'll change my mind again next week, but right now I'm just not feeling it.
Nella is offline   Reply With Quote