W.O.W. Valentines Day Callenge Week 3

You're on Page 2 of 4
Go to
  • hey girls!! I am on the 1200 calorie diet this week. It is certainly harder to stick with. I forget that I can't eat as much at school. Need to save some calories for home. I was 179.8 today, so just a tiny change. We'll see what tomorrow brings. I did BL Last chance tonight. 40 min. of HIIT and a lot of sweat.

Jeni- Good workout.
    Michelle- Al I've got is GOOD FOR YOU!!
    Shari- Get er done.
    One- Have fun with the walk. My sister is the district rep in our area. I go every year.
    Mom- Bathing suit sexy?? Yes!! I bought my first suit in decades last year.
    Tiara- Look at you go.
    emi- I would love to try one out. Let us know how you are liking it.
  • Emily~I hope you got all your painting done.

Zoochick~I'm glad you are liking your job it sounds amazing.

After my amazing run today and after the dishes were done, Something hit my stomach hard. I am hoping the worst of it is over because I don't want to miss work, but I haven't been able to eat anything or stand up for the past 5 hours. UGG.

Mindy~We posted at the same time. I hope the 1200 cals helps do something for you.
  • Jeni - still working on it, we're doing the disney cars room, red on bottom, light blue on top, handpainted border with black and yellow checkerboard pattern. Lots of coats of paint, measuring and taping...almost there. I told my husband we're putting the most effort into what will probably be the least appreciated room in the house. But, his parents always rented and he never had a 'kids' room so he insisted in a 'cool' room for the boys.
    Hope you're feeling better - I know 3 people who have had a 24 hour stomach bug in the past week so it's going around.

zoochick - glad you're loving the job!
  • HE'S HERE!!!

My BFF gave birth to my godson this afternoon. Nikolas Alexander Hall!
  • mtiger.. 1200cals can be tricky but the way i make it last for me is by always making sure i save calories for a snack at night because thats when my hunger starts to come on strong. lol

jeni.. you are an exercising inspiration i need to get my booty moving..

Emily.. that room sounds like its gonna be so cool.. you gotta take pics when your done. We never had a play room growing up but my mom would always try and make our bedrooms fun weither it be painting it or making us fancy curtains.They boys will appreciate it later.

Zoochick.. i absolutly love your job.. Its like killing too birds with one stone you got the job you love while also getting your exercise in..

jasonlea.. congratz.... you must be so excited..

Michelle.. Id love to finally put a face to all of you wonderfull people. A reunion would be fun.. But i vote for disneyland..lol

I got a lot accomplished today.. My wii fit is banking some seriouse hours lol.. I really need to start drinking more water.
    w 64++
    e wii fit bootcamp
    e 1200 cal
    d relax
  • Emily that room sounds awsome! I have no skill or paitience to do anything like that.

Shari~congrats god mama!!!

Tiara~You are doing so great on your wii fit.

I think I am feeling better. I'm going into work today, but if I head downhill I am going to come home. DH and Makenna are both sick. They both have horribly sore throats, mak has been throwing up most of the night I guess (I slept through it). DH is seeing the doctor this morning and is going to try and get Mak in this afternoon. I hope it isn't strep again.

W 64 oz
    E well I may or may not go to the gym today. I told myself MWFS on my weeks I work, but with the illnesses I may stay home.
    E1200 cals. I am changing up my normal food today. Same amount of calories, just different. At work its always the same ~yogurt at 630~protein shake 830~1/2 cup cottage cheese and peaches 1030~Apple and string cheese 1230~1/2 cup cottage cheese 230. (then my dinner which does vary)
    D Make it through without getting in trouble for my big mouth. Make it through in general.
  • Morning all.

Congrats Shari!!

NMichelle, glad you are back. We have missed you and good for you for learning to recognize an issue and deal with it before it became a real issue for you!!

Zoo, I don't have anything new to add, but am also happy for you that you like your job and are able to get exercise at the same time, good for you!!

Em, the room does sound awesome, but the only think I can make is a mess, so I will add my envy but no tips as I would have to hire it done!

Mindy, hope this is it for you. I am stuck too, but mine had been my own fault and the depression doesn't help.

I have to work late today and spending most of my free time getting the kids back to school next weekend.. I did manage to get my Turbojam in this am, I am coming down with a cold, so not sure I will get my run in tonight or not. If not tonight, will aim for tomorrow.

W scaling back to 80, cause I need to get back to 100 but maybe not all in one day
    E Turbojam is done, even if nothing else gets there, have accomplished something, also will do crunches before I jump in the shower
    E Plan and stick with it
    D Stay out of the abyss.
  • Good morning gals!!!! And I do mean MORNIN! I woke up this morning at 6am. My alarm wouldn't have gone off til 7...ugh. A bit of anxiety I guess, but that will pass. I've got a lot on my mind, really.

I am a firm believer, first hand, really, that if you tell on your disease (or tell on yourself) it gets a little bit better. We are only as sick as our secrets. Holding on to my "secrets" makes them bigger and worse than they really are. Once I talked about my issues with encouraging others to make myself feel better with you guys and with my sponsor, I feel that need to do those behaviors slipping away. I do love and appreciate my husband, I never want to hurt him and I don't want to do something regrettable and stupid (even though the flirting, the suggestive conversations, the text messages, the emails, whatever is pretty regrettable in its own right) and screw that up. Plus, I have a lot of nerve behaving that way when I got all self righteous and indignant when he did it those two years ago. Two wrongs dont make a right, though it was never about revenge for me. But I remember what **** we went through getting past that back then, and I don't want to go back there.

It helps that I've decided to make the decision to work more on myself again. Physically, spiritually, emotionally. Especially the physical part. I mean, I've spent nine months working on the spiritual and emotional, now I need to get physically healthy and strong again. Especially if I am exercising, I KNOW from experience it will help with EVERYTHING else in life that is bothering me. My motivation, self esteem, stamina, energy, sleep, all of it.

Today: screen and report at 8:30am, GYM 9AM!!!!!, 12n meeting, community service 1:30-5:30, dinner in the crockpot this morning (do you think beef roast and tons of veggies is a healthy choice?) and homework/baths/etc family time.

Little LOL from this morning, I entered my breakfast in my FitDay this morning and was disappointed and frustrated...for a minute. We got a digital food scale and I weighed out and measured all my fruit for breakfast, 2 oz each of strawberries, pineapple, cantaloupe, honeydew, all real precise, right?! Then entered it (and my Kashi GoLean Crunch and skim milk) and got like 500 calories, and I was like, wow that is pretty high for breakfast??? Then I realized I entered 2 CUPS instead of 2 OZ of each of my fruits. Oh dear goodness.....DUUUUUUH my breakfast turned out to be like 350 cal, muuuuch better!

Does anyone remember what % of your day should be carbohydrates/ proteins/ fats? I see that little pie chart on FitDay and think, hmmm, looks like too much carbs to me, but I used to do a lot of low carb dieting (and kind of loved it from what I remember) so I have a prejudice against carbs, haha.

Shari, you and I are so close in so many ways. I've been depressed and sluggish lately too, did you see my first post this week? I am just miserable, trying to get myself out of this hole. Then you posted about your new baby, so I hope you are feeling better. Someone else said it too, but school will really give you something to look forward to. I wish we lived closer together, we could try to keep each other on track, but we can check in here (and on fb!) and keep each other going!

MMavis!!! I'm glad you're still here too! You're another on the blues sisters train. What can we do to snap out of it!? I love TurboJam!!! Of course, I RARELY work out at home, but I do have a pirated copy of TJ, and it is a good workout! I hope the cold turns out to be nothing, I love Mucinex if that helps, it really dries out your chest and head. Take care honey! xo

Jeni, glad your belly is okay!!! Sorry will and maki are under the weather, hope tommy stays well!!!! EXCELLENT job with your running, your times keep getting better and better, I am just in awe of you. You've showed me that I can do it if I just commit and keep with it. Not that you were ever my size, but you still showed perseverence and kept with it, now look at you. Best shape of your life, AND you're MY age! I always thought our best years must have been our 20s but I see that mine could be my 30s or even my 40s. (OMG I am going to be 34 next month....okay, don't think about it now! )

Tiara, sounds like you are really enjoying your WiiFit, mine is collecting dust nahhh, but it has been awhile. I really got a good workout doing the EA trainer game, it comes with a resistance band and a leg strap to see how well you do your squats and lunges....which either I don't do very well or the strap can't really sense how well I do. Not to mention that damn strap is so small!!!! It really squeezes my thigh uncomfortably so I probably don't have it up high enough because of my size. You are really going with your loss, I think when you started on here you were closer to my size and you're shrinking right out from under me!!! KEEP IT UP!

Emiloots, OMG your boys' room sounds AMAZING!!!! I like what you said about it being the least appreciated room being the most work, true, true, but you'll be so glad you did it. Kids suck that they grow out of phases, we had to re paint Rachel's Dora room already but it is cool, I never got to pick the colors/themes to my childhood bedroom so I love that we do for OUR kids. And I LOVE hearing about your "kid wrangling"....gives me a good idea of your day to day routine... So this GoWearFit, I'll have to google it and see more of what its all about. Is it expensive? I assume it's like the BodyBugg? Hope your puter gets fixed soon!!! xo

Zoochick I think you have the COOLEST job out there, WOW! And that is soooo cool how many calories you burn just at work. Do you get to work in one specific area with a certain kind of animal, or all over the place? And I agree, your muscles were probably holding on to water, watch and see what happens next!!! And, YES, do come back more often!!!!

Mindy, OMG 1200 calories makes me hungry just thinking about it!!! So you cycle every few weeks or so? I used to do some calorie cycling by the day, like 1600-1600-1200-1800 like that. I don't remember if it helped or not but they say you should mix it up and keep the body guessing, so I see what you're doing. How are the kids (in your class I mean) ? Any good/funny kid stories lately!? My Rachel (5) is so funny at bathtime. She gets TICKED if I get water in her ears, she SCREAMS, "MY BRAIN, MY BRAIN!!!! You are getting my BRAIN WET!" which is funny and cute....except she really gets mad and SHREIKS it, which becomes less funny after awhile. LOL

Jeanette...sounds like you have a lot going on!!! Do you think you'll move or sell the other house? SO much work either way....uuuuugh. I hope never to move again, haha but I know better. How old are your kids? Are they all in school? (I know, I should read back last week or so when you joined us, I'm sure you told us then, but I didn't read the last few weeks) Where do you exercise? I belong to Ladies Super Fitness, which is kind of far for you, its over on 30th street, near McKinneys, college bowl, do you know it? It's only $15 a month, so even if it was a pain to go over there, its CHEAP and BIG. They have aerobics classes 3/4 times a day (9am, 4p,5p,6p sometimes 7p) TONS of cardio equipment, weights, omg it is so nice, and so big. The trainers are just young chicks, with little or no training, but you probably already know plenty enough to go on your own.

OMG I've been on here WAYYYYY too long, but Amy and Kris, I know you're out there....grazer, e32, you guys too!!! come out, come out, wherever you are. Love to all, I hope I didn't forget anyone. xo Michelle
  • WENT TO THE GYM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/brag
  • Hey Ladies,

First off, fashionably late as always...

Week 1: 166.0
    Week 2: 164.8
    Week 3: 164.2

Considering how crappy I ate over the weekend I was pleasantly surprised.

JENI - I don't have the patience, but my dear husband is an engineer so he's got infinite patience and did all the measuring. I just painted and taped the lines he marked. We're pretty much done, just a few touchups here and there and putting up the shades. Phew - it'll be nice to have our room back soon!

Shari - congrats on your godson, go give him gobs of kisses - I love babies!

Mavis - take care of yourself and nip that cold in the bud! What's turbojam? If it takes rythym or coordination than unfortunately I'm out

Michelle - sounds like you have a really self-aware and realistic view and are trying to take the right approach. Everyday has it's struggles, some more than others - just keep putting yourself and your health (spiritual, physical and emotional) first! Way to go on the gym! Speaking of 'kid wrangling' here's a typical day - this one's from xmas, don't think they realized we were watching...

Have a great rest of your day everyone, DH is working super late so I'm getting Connor off to bed soon and trying to muster up the motivation to start my paper for school...fortunately I was slow at work today so got a lot of the reading material covered. Ugh...why am I going back to school again?
  • GEEZ Michelle!!! Congrats on getting to the gym. And I have missed your amazing posts.

Emily~That pic is so great. I have been thinking about going back for school and getting a second BA in psycology. Its not to far off of my oh so useful cultural anthropology degree My passion is human rights for women (my expertise is/was afganistan but have gotten lost in all the recent propaganda). If I go back my area will be adolescent girls and self esteem.

MM~I hope you get better and can get your run in.

Well it IS strep for Will and Mak. Tommy and I are staying away from them. I ended up leaving work at 1200 so I could take makenna to the doctor (and so will could get some sleep). I did go to the gym and got 30 minutes of good cardio in.

Gotta get in the shower.
  • Well today was my first day off after seven straight days of working. I'm going to have every Wednesday and Thursday off. I decided I'm not going to weight myself until Sunday. I haven't eaten that well yesterday or today, but I'm going to the grocery store tomorrow so hopefully that will change.

Michelle: I rotate sections, so I work with pretty much all of the animals out there. It's mainly cats (exotic and domestic), cranes/storks, and Hoofstock (Eland and Bongo). As of right now it looks like I'll be working with the domestic cats once per week, cranes twice per week, and rotating the other 2 days. That reminds me I have to do some "homework" on cranes. I need to read up on their different social signs (such as threat displays).
  • Michelle.. The ea games sounds like fun i really want to get the biggest loser game soon . Im making myself rack up some serious miles on the wiifitplus ,,lol

Today for me was an awesome day i worked on my arms got in an hour jog and also cleaned house. Everything went as plan its back to work 2mo and then its payday on friday.I really need to go food shopping
    w 64 ++
    e wii fit bootcamp
    e 1200 cals
    d dust..
  • Zoochick~Hiya. I would love to have your job and work with animals. I dont miss the old days of working 7 in a row. I'm glad you are going to get some days off.

Tiara~You are doing so totally awsome.!

Michelle! The percentages vary for fat/carbs/protein. I know that fat is always the lowest.

ITs THRIDAY~~ RIGHT KRIS WHEREVER YOU ARE?? sorry didn't mean to holler so loud.

Not much to add from last night. The scale said 138 again today, (yesterday too) I hope I can maintain it through the weekend. My work plans for this week off will be just like last week. I did get my Holiday weight all the way off, which is good. But I really would like to get to my goal weight by D-land, so F_M_W I will do 2 miles, then 60 minute class. Then go back and do an elliptical and weight workout. Sat will be a light 3 mile run and weights, Thurs I will push myself and at least try to get to my best time for 3 miles and weights.

But I need to get through today first.

W 64 oz
    E extra laps today, swim lessons so no after work workout
    E1200 cals
    D stay outta trouble.

W
    E
    E
    D
  • Good morning all!

Michelle - I'd love to find a gym for $15/month! Ladies Super Fitness is too far from me. My husband and I are planning to start a 3-month membership very soon at the Massillon Rec Center - if we actually use it, we may extend it to a year for not that much more. He works in Massillon so even though we don't live in the city-proper, we get the resident rate. The 3-month gift certificate was part of my Christmas from him (on my list) so we have it and can start the 3-month ticker at any time. On another note, we've decided to sell the house my sister is vacating - it would take a lot to make that house big enough for our family so it seems the best route to go. Plus, we think it will sell quicker than the one we're in. The stress level has dropped considerly now that we have a direction. I already have appts set with two realtors to meet them and hear about their approaches to selling houses.

Tiara - I must say though, I am really wishing I could buy a Wii Fit based on your posts about it - I think it would be great for me, too. Any recommendations on the best things to buy - I know it comes with a lot of accessories and different games. If I can find the money to buy the unit, I'd want to keep the add-on stuff to a minimum....

Zoochick - all my kids would love to hear about your job. They are all fascinated by animals. In your spare time , I think you could write books - "Animals for Real" or "The Story of X - the Real Zoo Lion (or your favorite animal.) The only girl in our bunch who is a junior in high school has expressed some interest in Zoology. She's a great student and also a talented musician. Are there different degrees related to Zoology she should be considering?

I'm going to stop now so I can use my ellipitcal and hit the ground running on my job. For today:

W: 48 oz. (haven't hit the 64 so I'm lowering the water bar a little)
    E: 30 minutes elliptical
    E: 1200 calories
    D: Very productive work day; get that Christmas stuff put away tonight!

Have a great day all! Jeanette