G2010 Love The Skin I'm In Challenge (thru Feb. 14)

You're on Page 5 of 23
Go to
  • Hi everyone!! I wanted to introduce myself: I'm Jess, 22, 5'3", highest measured weight was 189, current weight is 179.5. I just graduated last June, and am in the process of finding an engineering job (i have an interview tomorrow!!). I live in sunny san diego I like to surf, run (sometimes) and cook (most of the time). I ran cross-country and track in high school, and was pretty fit. My drivers license says 125 lbs, and hopefully someday that will no longer be a lie I started gaining weight really quickly the summer after high school graduation because I was not nearly as active as when I was an athlete. Once I got to the dorms, I added late night junkfood, drinking, extra stress and a lack of sleep to that inactivity... I definitely put on the freshman 15 (and the some...). I couldn't fit in my clothes and worked hard to lose some of that, with my lowest point in june of 2006 of 139 lbs. Then I ate my way through a tough break-up, and since then its been all uphill, until October of 09, when i decided I had to make a major change or I could be facing a whole mountain of medical problems on top of the self esteem issues. I joined this site and am loving every step of my journey so far.

My goal for this mini challenge is to reach 169 by Valentine's day!! We can do this ladies!!!
  • Hey Jess I know what you mean about packing it on after high school....thats when all of mine started. Your so smart to be catching it early instead of waiting till your 10 year reunion when your almost 300 pounds! I'm graduating college this semester and I also know that with college/studying/midterms/finals/papers/projects/etc. comes lots of stress and unhealthy eating. I have some neices that live in California.....they used to live in 1,000 Oaks I think but now they live in North Hollywood...or at least one of them does....I can't keep up with them. I wish I had some beaches and warm weather here....I would stay on the beach!

Good luck!
  • I did the 15 jumping jacks in the challenge.

I challenge the next person to get in an extra glass of water today

I got my hour of exercise in today. Calories are once again going to be tough, but I'm going to make some extra veggies for dinner and try to stay under 1700. We'll see how it goes. After a week or two's practice this should be less of a struggle again. Just takes a little time to get back into the swing.

Welcome Jazzang. What kind of engineer are you? I'm a civil/roadway engineer in SC. Good luck on your interview. I'm sure you'll do great.
  • I got the extra glass of water in. I challenge the next person to do some sort of exercise during commercials while watching TV.

Well I didn't do too bad today, no exercise but eating went well. I've decided to increase my daily calorie range from 1200-1400 to 1400-1600. I've started to notice that the days I eat more usually end in a weight drop the next day. So I figure I'd give it a try for a few weeks to see how it goes.
  • Hi everyone!

I would love to jump in the challenge. I am starting at 196lbs at 5'3". My goal this year to get back to a healthy weight. My hubby and I are trying for bambino number two so that that is my motivation. At the start of my first pregancy I was 145lbs and worked out up until my delivery date. I lost al of my pregnancy weight, but lets just say the this past year has not been so good. I am looking forward to this challenge and getting to know everyone!
  • Hello Ladies! My name is breanna, 25, 5'1''. My highest weight was 225lbs and my current is 199lbs. I have always struggled with my weight and after 2 kids the weight just kept piling on. This year I am determined to lose it!!

Starting Weight: 225lbs
    Current Weight: 199lbs
    Goal Weight: 125lbs
  • Ok girls I'M HERE!!!!

I gained a TON of weight after Landan was born because I've depressed and self-loathing. But I'm GOING to hit my goal this year of #1 a week!

I weighed in on the 1st at #225.2.. So my goal for this challenge is to lose #6 = #219.2. Completely doable.

I have to admit I've been in a Super big funk and depression. I've been out of work for 11 months - can't find ANYTHING - and it's worse when I go on an interview and get rejected... you can only be positive thinking that something better's coming along so many times before you don't believe it. *sigh* I need some positive reinforcement from my girls here.

ALSO - i OBVIOUSLY need to catch up... I'm seeing MANY Baby-gaga tickers!! WTH!!! Congrats to those expecting - and fill me in on details since I've been MIA for a year! you all!!!
  • Good evening folks!

Even though I got back from my last holiday celebration last night, and weighed in this morning (132.8) I ate like I was still on vacation today. But I exercised tonight, even though it made my TOM cramps wayyyy worse. I'm in a whole lot of pain right now.

Tomorrow I get back to eating right... I've already got my lunch and snacks packed, and steel-cut oatmeal cooking in the crock pot for the morning.

That's all I have the energy to write tonight so I'm gonna go get ready for bed!
  • JazzyPeggy, can I still join?
    Just remembered to check the challenge and found out I need to join right now. Count me in!

JazzyPeggy, I'm too new to PM you. I'll follow the challenge even if you can't count my stats. I'm 216.6 today. My goal is to lose 9 lbs by 2/14. Mini-goals are to get a health screening and to keep my desk clean the whole time. That last part may be a work in progress

Mini goals updates
    1/4: found a lab to test my blood sugar, cholesterols, and BP. will call for appt tomorrow. No go on straightening up my desk.
    1/6: Got lab results. uh-oh. have lots of work to do! will make diet and exercise changes and test again in 90 days.
    1/17: got desk straightened up and purse cleaned out.
    2/7: keeping desk and purse neat

Weigh in
    1/10: 213.2
    1/17: 212.9
    1/24: 209.?? too early to focus on those numbers way down there!
    1/31: 208.2 (0.6 lbs to go!)
    2/7: 205.4 GOAL!!!!!!
    2/14: Final Weight 204.2 -- total loss 12.4 lbs
  • Welcome back Eny. I can completely relate to the depression, been in a major funk as well, but trying to refocus and bust out!!

Nice to see so many new names!

I am Mavis, 43, married and mother of 2 sons in college. The youngest leaving for college has been the source of much depression for me, empty nest has been awful.

That being said, am trying to get back to running for stress relief, so my plan is to run every other day, using C25k (I finished week 6 yesterday!) and then graduating to a marathon plan. On my off days, I have been using TurboJam, I have 3 different DVD's, so I just pick a different one every time. I should actually have 4, but can't find the 4th one anywhere!! I want to run a 5k, 10k and half marathon this year, with consideration toward a full if my knees will hold out!

Looking forward to knowing you all!
  • Hi ladies,

I was absent yesterday, but I'm back today! DS has had a fever for a couple of days and yesterday it spiked so we had to take him to the er. Found out he has strep throat and got antibiotics, so we should be back to normal in a couple of days. That is if I don't get it...I've had a sinus infection for a couple of days and now I have that sore throat tickle. Uh oh.

Anyway, I've been eating ok, yesterday we were out for so long that we stopped at a restaurant but I had a salad and a light dressing on the side, so it wasn't too bad. I'm starting a light workout program today and will see how I feel.

Mayness: how do you do your steel cut oats in your crockpot? I haven't heard of that, I just do mine stovetop but if there's an easier way, I'm in! Thanks.
  • Good Morning everyone! It a chilly below zero morning again. I loved reading all the challenges to the next person. I tried something new last night. I decided to get up and moved during commercials. I used my wave and rocked. Wow it really adds up because my buns say so

I challenge the next person to get a few extra trips up and down the stairs today.
  • Thinner, I work on the 8th floor, will take the stairs today.
    I challenge the person below me to add 10 reps today, sit-ups push ups or lunges, whatever flips your lid, add 10 extra!
  • MM - it's good to be back! I've missed everyone. This morning I'm starting my combo of 3 sets of 10 crunches alternated with 10 push-ups. So I'll take your challenge and up my sets to 4 sets (adding an additional 10 of each)

I challenge the person below me to do 25 squats.
  • Eny - YAY your back I've missed you sooooo much!!!!!!!! How are things with Hunter and her baby brother and with Joe??? Girl I know what you mean about the funk and depression thing....and if I can make a suggestion about the job....apply at McDonald's. NOW before you rule it out let me sell it to you.....you may start out at min wage...but they have flexable hours to work with your schedule....they usually have a reasonable health insurance program for crew...but the best part is.....if you have open availability and your an ambitious person....you can move up FAST! The quicker you get in there and learn all the positions and how to do them quick and by following their standards they will want to keep you and they will move you up and start giving you raises.....they almost always need good managers.

When I ran the McDonald's here I made $50K a year...that probably doesn't sound like much up there but its alot here....the average yearly wage for someone around here is like 17K - 20K.....so just check it out if you really need something!

On another note....I'm now wearing the shoes you wore this time last year...LOL....I'm expecting!!!!! What a surprise huh??? Due in August...we are hoping for a boy and we are really excited!!!!

Oh and by the way....I will take your 25 squats challenge!!!!

And I challenge the person below me to crank up their favorite tunes and dance like a crazy person for 10 minutes!