January Weight Loss Challenge

You're on Page 1 of 26
Go to
  • HAPPY 2010! Let's start the new year right by making time for ourselves and our health!

Hope to see everyone from our previous months and also any newcomers who may be joining us. All are welcome .

Here's how it works: Just state your goal, whether it be a loss in pounds, inches, size, or even an intangible feeling! You need not state your weight if you feel uncomfortable, just your goal, even if that goal is to maintain or whatever the case may be. Though the thread is titled "weight loss" please bear in mind that the overall goal is toward a healthier us and so your goal may not revolve around weight loss, it may be maintenance, eating healthier, and/or kicking a soda habit...whatever the case may be.

Note: We try to keep a members list with our goals and if/when those goals are met, we put red print and goal met next to our goals. Please don't feel bad if/when you may not reach a specific number, goal, etc. Always remember that making positive changes along the way (the journey) are wonderful accomplishments in and of themselves.

Monthly weight loss challenge FAQ's

Do we weigh in on a certain day and how frequently? No, we don't have a specific WI day and WI on the day we choose. When and how frequently we weigh in is a personal matter and specific to each of our own indivual needs.

Do we need to post personals? Absolutely not. Sometimes we do and sometimes we don't . We are a large group and it is difficult to post personals sometimes. The time just does not exist sometimes. If you don't have time for personals it's okay.....post anyway.

Is everyone on a specific plan? We all have various plans. Some of us are on WW, South Beach, our own plans, etc. Though we do believe in and follow the guideline of not going below 1,200 cals a day and along these lines also strive to follow the site guidelines.

What day do we count our loss, the last day of the month or the first of the following month? Either way. Most people report their loss the last day of the month and if they have another loss that following morning (on the first) they either add it to the current months total loss or roll it over to the new month. Think of it as a bonus day.

Make 2010 the year of good health!
  • I am in! My goal for the month of January is to lose 15 lbs which would bring me to a weight loss of 10% of my starting body weight. Here we go!!! I am excited!!!
  • I am so bad at making goals and I just started my diet again so I will start small. My goal is to just make it into the 150's range of weight. At least to finally hit 159 again would make me happy, but more would be better. I am 165 currently.
  • I like this thread. My goal is to reach 275. Currently I'm at 280.4 and yo yo'ing between 280.4 and 279.6. I want to average 5 pounds per month in the new year, so I'm going to round January down to 275. I usually weigh in on Sundays.

1/1/10
    1/3/10
    1/10/10
    1/17/10
    1/24/10
    1/31/10
    Goal 275 or less
  • My goal for January is two fold.
    1. Lose 8 lbs - from 173 to 165
    2. Close, if not into, a size 10, comfortably

Heres to a good month!! Good luck all!
  • I would like to lose 8#s from Jan. 1st to Jan. 31st.
  • Alright I'm in again...and going for the impossible. Put me down for 10 pounds. Gotta get my butt firmly back on the wagon to pull this miracle off, so lets do it.
  • Hi Im in~ by the end of Jan I want to 159, want to exercise 6 times a week 3 cardio 3 yoga or strength training. More water less diet soda.
  • I'm a newbie and I'm in for ten pounds, 213 to 203; and exercise 4 to 5 days a week.

Ready? GO!
  • Hey Everyone!

I've been seriously MIA in December but I did manage to lose 5 lbs so that's fine by me. I'm going to go for 7 lbs instead of my normal 8 as I think my weight loss is slowing down.... soooo let's see that would put me at 177 and only 2 lbs from goal... Holy Cow!
  • Newby is Ready to Join In!
    My goal for the month of January is to lose 5 pounds. 1.25# a week for me is doable. (More would be a BIG bonus since we are going on vacation from January 23-30th. A cruise, no less. . .)
  • Hmmm...what to do, what to do.

I'm going to go for maintaining at or below 135 and getting to a body fat % of 21-22%.

Welcome new faces, love the new energy in January!
  • Delphi - you're a wild woman, holy crap! Glad you're back showing us how it's done.
  • Hi ladies! I'm in!! My goal is to lose 10 lbs in January!! Good luck to everyone!! =)

1/1/10: 180.2 (apparently, I ate too much while celebrating the new year because I am up 2.2 lbs - oh well- here's to a new start)
    1/3/10: 178.0
    1/10/10: 175.8
    1/17/10:
    1/24/10:
    1/31/10:
  • I'm IN!
    Yep! I'm IN! Put me down for a January loss of 10 pounds!

1/1/10: 217
    1/3/10: 217
    1/10/10
    1/17/10
    1/24/10
    1/31/10
    Goal 10 #'s!