3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   January Weight Loss Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/188949-january-weight-loss-challenge.html)

Dixiemae 01-15-2010 11:42 AM

Lauren~Onederland Express. Whoooooo Hoooooooo!!!!!!!!! Menu Sounds yummo

Jellofer~You will win that Challenge.You are doing great

Tiffruth~Getting back on Track is half the battle. Admitting you fell off< recognizing that u had a minor glitch, defines who you are. It takes a special person, strong person to reach out and grab the boot straps and pull yourself up. We all have our hand reaching out for yours to help you. I am proud of you!! We are here for you. Major NSC victory Tiffruth!!!!

Meowmix~Congrats on the 2 pound loss. Way to Go!

Ms P~Whoooo hooooo Happy for you. When is the big day?

Tummy~You are amazing. you will be sub 135 no doubts.

Catch ya all later Pat

jellofer2 01-15-2010 12:39 PM

tiffrutherf

WOW!!! that sounds like a full plate. All of that doesn't make what your doing any easier. What about throwing the kids in the car in the morning and walking the mall. Just to start and to get you and them out of the house. When we have my nieces and nephews to watch, which is always in the winter, and they dont sleep over anywhere well without mom and dad. That is what we do. I don't know if you live close to a mall. then maybe they will nap a bit and you can use your homegym. I have learned through much trial and error that there is great power in walking to aid in fat burning. Plus you will be able to get out of your house and see adults. Our local malls open their main doors early for walkers.

I hope that helps. We are all here for you! You can do this.

iDream 01-15-2010 12:43 PM

Good afternoon girls! Just got back from grocery shopping--man alive it's crazy how fast we go through things in this house! :eek:

Just had a healthy lunch of chicken & veggies and drinking my water as I type (glug, glug).

I missed my workout this morning as the girls were up all night. I was literally so tired that I could not physically open my eyes. It's all good though, I'm eating POP and not having the urge to binge so I consider that a victory in itself. If I manage a workout later, I'll probably hit the treadmill tonight for some HIIT.

Not sure when ST'ing will resume--I fell down the stairs (well, just a few of them) and when I caught myself I thrashed my left shoulder. Not sure if it's a pulled muscle or what, but it's been giving me trouble. Oh and did I mention how out of shape I got in just a month?! Yeeouch am I ever sore from my workout yesterday!

Tiff~ oh hun, you've gotten lots of great advice but I have to add a little more: Take some time for yourself! You sound like you have so much on your plate right now! Just a half an hour to yourself can make all the difference in the world. I have 4 kids, the 2 youngest of which are twins, and when stress hits--I hit the fridge! When I can get a mental break for just a bit, I feel so much better and don't look to food. (I'm on Zoloft btw so I can relate to being on meds :)) You're doing a fantastic thing reaching out for help though, so here's another hand for you to grab onto! Believe me when I say that I know what it's like to fall off the wagon! Heck, I fell off, got my pant leg caught on the back hitch and got dragged over every pothole, rock and prickly thorn bush along the way and it was only after seeing how much weight I'd gained that I came running back where I belong, here with these girls. :) Hang in there hun! :hug:

Okay ladies, didn't mean to write a novel--I just wanted to check in say heya! I'm down a bit more today--water weight still I'm sure, but I'll take it!

Have a great day ladies and a great weekend too if I don't catch ya!!

Ms Perception 01-15-2010 01:16 PM

January Weight Loss Challenge List
If there is anything missing or incorrect, please let me know. :dizzy:

Summer 2010: Lose 15 lbs (10% loss)
Mikan: Reach 150's
JazzyPeggy: Reach 275 lbs
laurie78: Lose 8 lbs and Fit in or be close to size 10
MelO: Lose 8 lbs
Delphi: Lose 10 lbs
DixieMae: Reach 159 (lose 5 lbs)
LouisaH:Lose 10 lbs to reach 203 lbs
Shrinking Girl: Lose 7 lbs to reach 177 lbs
JudiAB: Lose 5 lbs
Tummy Girl: Maintain at or below 135 lbs and body fat of 21-22%
sockmonkey:Lose 10 lbs
PrairieChick: Lose 10 lbs
tigga: Lose 10 lbs
Taurie: Reach 119 lbs
tyla: Lose 5 lbs to reach 140 lbs
Late to the Game: Lose 6 lbs
NebraskaGirl: Lose 7 lbs
Ms Perception: Fit comfortably into size 6's and reach 24% body fat
jellofer2: Reach 233 lbs
busymovinmama: Eat fruits, veggies, beans and whole grains everyday
BeautyandtheBeast: Lose 10 lbs to reach 148.8 lbs
RockyMtnGirl: Lose 15 lbs
Shea5: Lose 14 lbs
Gekster: Reach 271 lbs (lose 7 lbs)
Slimming: Lose 10 lbs
Miss Mallee: Lose 10 lbs
nellonello: Lose 6 lbs
mystical: Lose 5 lbs
bbybear712: Lose 10 lbs
trishn222: Lose 6 lbs
princess2323: Lose 5 lbs
MeoxMix: Lose 8 lbs
shutterbug84: Lose 12 or more pounds to be at or below 200 lbs
jazzafg: Lose 5 lbs to reach 205 lbs
kris2008: Lose 9 lbs to reach 165 lbs
MotherMe: Lose 6 lbs and get into Onederland
canadianangel: Reach 185 lbs and fit into the jeans on the mirror ;)
Hannahs Nana: Lose 10 lbs
jiggles77: Lose 5 lbs
Jessie Rose: Lose 10 lbs and wear favorite jeans without muffin top
rubyru: Lose 10 lbs
Bigmid: Lose 7-9 lbs to reach Onederland
Emilia LaCasuela: Lose 8 lbs
helpmelose: Lose 9 lbs
hotstuff: Lose 8 lbs
Lori Ann: Lose 15 lbs
jleeson: Lose 6 lbs and fit into size 34 jeans
girlieyorkie: Lose 8 lbs
ShellyK0622086: Lose 10 lbs
Sunflower38: Lose 10 lbs
dollypie: Lose 10 lbs
LBLazy: Lose 10 lbs to reach 165.2 lbs
tryintoloseit4good: Lose at least 5 lbs
KimL1214: Get back down to 260 lbs
VickieLou: Reach 220 lbs
Muffentop: Lose 10 lbs to reach 239.2 lbs
christies6pack: Lose 10 lbs
BrainBabiesBe: Lose 2-3 lbs to reach 175-176 lbs
LaurenA: Reach Onederland
bigmomma: Lose 8 lbs
Nella: Lose 8 lbs
ilunikavi: Reach 205 lbs
Scatterheart: Lose 10.8 lbs
Tiffrutherf: Lose 10 lbs to reach 239
Lewisempire: Reach 205 lbs/10% Loss

Ms Perception 01-15-2010 01:28 PM

jellofer-YAY!! So glad to see your success. I knwo it's been a long time coming. I almost felt like letting out a sigh of relief as if it were me that had finally come down from a 2 month plateau.

LaurenA-WOO HOO!! Another chickie at goal already! You girls are showing this month who's boss! I'm so glad things are clicking for you. BTW, YUM!!! on the Spanish food. :)

Tiffrutherf-I'm so glad you're staying connected here. :hug: I know it'd be "easier" to just go off and continue eating everything, but you're doing the right thing for you by declaring that you can and will stop and make good choices. You definitely have A LOT on your plate right now and stress is high. Just think of this as the one thing in your life you have CONTROL over. I agree with Sandye though. Try to make a little "me" time, even 10 minutes when you can sit or lay down and just relax somehow. More time would be great, but if hubby can't help, 10 minutes can do the trick. You're worth it! Take good care, hon! :)

Sandye-Sorry to hear about your shoulder. That's got to stink! Do what you can until it heals. I took a week and a half away from ST'ing and I totally felt it when I resumed! Keep the icy-hot handy!! LOL

Pat-It looks like the 25th will be the big day. :D

Nella 01-15-2010 08:09 PM

OK, I'm going to do my best, but I've missed al ot in one day!

Ms.P - WAHOO!!!! on the closing date!! I'm so jealous you get a fancy brand new house! lol Enjoy every minute of the decorating!

Sandye - So glad you're back! We all missed you. I'm sorry about your shoulder, I hurt mine making cookies over Xmas. Don't even ask how someone pulls a muscle baking, but it was probably punishment for me actually making them, lol.

Lauren - Girl you are rocking it!!! I'm so glad for you! Welcome to Onederland, enjoy the lifetime stay!

Tiff - Good Lord honey! I don't even know what to say other then, let the baby cry it out and set them in a jumpy seat while you do your workouts. Even if it's 15 minutes. Whatever you do, stay here with us. These ladies are beyond awesome and inspiring.

Jello - Keep on shedding those pounds girl!!!

Tummy - You and Ms. P wih your marathons make me tired just thinking about it! Maybe one day I will get to the point that I can run half as much as you two can. So proud of you! Keep it up!

MeowMix - Congrats girl! Almost there!

Gekster - I think my scale is on the fritz too. It tells me somethng different every time, and it's 2 pounds more than the one we have at my office (we're weird like that, lol) I just changed the battery in mine not that long ago, I guess I need to bite the bullet and get a new one.

Well, not much to report here again. I was dropping, then my 2 pound bounce started again. Now betweek 162 & 164. It's so freaking annoying. But I did figure out that I need to either cut calories more or increase my activity a lot more. I'm running a 400-500 cal deficit daily if that, and that's not working for me.

Oh, and my mom gave me her Polar HRM with the monitor watch thing, but the batteries are dead. Well I figured out to have the batteries replaced, it's going to cost me almost as much as a new one because I have ot send it away, and there are 2 batteries to replace, so I'm looking at almost $45 to get it up and running. Grrrrr! So now I'm scouring the internet looking for aone on a good deal. I'd rather have one with out the chest strap anyway.

Tummy Girl 01-15-2010 11:53 PM

Evening Ladies,

Super busy day again and now my interent is slooooowwww so I hope this even posts.

But I'll be short, just wanted to say to Tiff that it's definitely a lot going on but it's all perspective some days, try making a list of all the ways you can fit in a little you time, or things that are going great, good choices you're making, the stuff you should give yourself credit for, kwim? You can totally do this, we all fall down sometimes, you just keep getting up again. :hug:

Everybody else, I'll have to catch up tomorrow. Finally feel like I've got my groove back with all this stuff. I sort of felt like I lost my mojo over Christmas and now it's back! I'm super pumped, I dont' know whether it's school or the new year, or all you new ladies that are working so hard, but I feel like I could do just about anything today. See ya'll tomorrow!

iDream 01-16-2010 09:35 AM

Good morning and Happy Saturday to you lovely ladies!!!

Lauren~ I'm so sorry! I totally forgot to say CONGRATULATIONS on making it to Onderland!!!! :carrot: That is fantastic and I'm super proud of you!!! :)

Nella~ :lol: Okay, I won't ask how you did it, but man I can't wrap my head around a baking related shoulder injury! ;)

Okay girls so I'm down a bit more today and I've been putting off telling you all how much I've gained...it's astonishing. I mean, absolutely insane I tell you. I swore my mom to secrecy, but I need to just suck it up and spill it. Okay...deep breath...I hit 160.2 on Tuesday morning. There, okay, I said it. AHHHHH! It's it awful? I mean, how does someone gain nearly 30 pounds in a month?!?!? You'd think I did nothing but lay in bed and stuff my face full of cheesecake all day without moving a muscle! (which, for the record, I didn't ;)) Sheesh. I KNOW some of it's water weight as I wasn't drinking my water at all (feel free to bust out those frying pans and gasp in horror), but 30 POUNDS?!?!

Ugh.

Okay, so I'm sitting at 155.2 today. It's coming off at a pretty good rate and already my belly is much flatter (I'm guessing I retain water in my belly, much like a camel does in their humps :lol:) but I'm still only able to wear one pair of pants out in public without scaring people. ;)

Anyway, it feels good to get it out there in the open. I was feeling guilty for not coming clean and now that guilt is gone. Whew!

Okee dokee girls, I'm outta here. I've said more than enough for today and I need to shower away all the sweat I worked up from my workout this morning and run to the store for my meds--I completely forgot to pick them up yesterday--d'oh!

Have a great weekend everyone and I'll catch ya later!! :)

Late to the game 01-16-2010 11:24 AM

SANDYE ~Don't you feel better now?:hug:

iDream 01-16-2010 11:46 AM

:lol: Yes, yes I do.
How's that bathroom comin'? :D Did you get more paint yet?

Tummy Girl 01-16-2010 11:57 AM

Morning!

Meowmix - Congratulations! A helathy BMI is marvelous, it makes the vanity pounds feel like a nice little bonus and congrats on that big 7-0 as well, love the nice riound numbers, that's just amazing.

MsP - Hmmm, October you say, lol, that would be too cool if we could coordinate across the continent but we have nothing that late for fear of snow. We have a hypothermic half marathon at the end of February but it all depends on what kind of training I can fit in after hitting goal again (which is taking forever, grr) OMG that's only 9 days away, how thrilling, and then you can run again too, double exciting! Hope you enjoyed that pizza supper.

Jellofer - Ok so I've never heard of that first one, yes the lavender, marvelous! LOL I liked the commercial :)

Lauren - :celebrate: on 199! What a marvelous milestone. Congrats on all that hard work and determination. And holy yummy food batman, I think I fell into a Chocolate flan once and didn't come out for days ;) Enjoy, sounds romantic too, maybe some candles, hint, hint, wink, wink.

Dixiemae
- Why thank you, I haven't felt so amazing lately, losing bloat and a few extra pounds does not a happy Tummy make but I'm feeling better. How are you doing?

Nella - You must be some serious baker, holy, lol. But honestly, I've pulled a back muscle scratching my butt before so who am I to judge?
Oh now I see why you wanted a different HRM, my polar has a chest strap and I know Sandye hated the one she had without, it all makes sense now. I try not to think of running marathons too often either it makes me tired too :). I like to take it one mile at a time, that's what kept this 200 plus pound girl running on the road, just one more mile, or a heart attack, whichever came first.

Sandye
- Isn't that belly bloat awful? I mean I looked frickin' pregnant when we got back from holidays. My stomach finally flattened out yesterday or the day before and now it looks like a deflated balloon :( I guess that's what we get. LMAO your mom makes me laugh, don't you feel better? My mom would so say that too. I just wanted to add how intensly proud of you I am, myself, I think I would have crawled into a small (or large) hole and eaten myself back to a very unhealthy place. I'm not so good at stopping things like that. Welcome back to the healthy you my dear. Oh and b/c I know how ppl love unsolicated advice but one book I found super helpful about the behavioural psychology of weight loss was the Beck Diet. And I think we share some similar eating behaviours like the crazy binging variety and that book gave me some practical ways to curb that and almost stop it all together, almost ;)

LTTG - Honestly, that almost made me pee my pants, too funny, lol. I could almost see the motherly look on you face.

Well all this mother talk and I think I need to call mine and see how she's doing. Nice and sore today, good STing yesterday. It's a rather nice day today too, maybe a nice outside run? Who knows, I'll find some cardio somewhere today!

Oh and yesterday was measurement picture day, except I didn't do pictures since I'm the same weight this month as last (well almost ;)) but I did take measurements and I lost 0.25 inches last month, in my forearm of all places. I also lost 2 inches in my lower abdomen too but that I don't count towards my inches it's just something I like to track. However, I'm hoping that this deflated balloon o'skin will perk up in the next year, so it doesn't look so much like unbaked bread dough but what ya gonna do, lol.

jellofer2 01-16-2010 12:09 PM

Ok. Someone reel me in. I am falling into the carb ocean!!! Save me. Throw me a life vest!

Tummy Girl 01-16-2010 03:39 PM

:no: Jellofer, put down the :jeno: right this very moment or maybe the :chockiss: needs to go in the garbage. Each time you resist something, it will be easier next time, but each time you give in, that gets easier too. Away from the kitchen, distract yourself with a book, a walk, a drive, something!!

Emilia LaCasuela 01-16-2010 04:22 PM

woot woot!

I had an unfortunate event where I weighed myself on an old scale and then bought a new one for my apt. and the new one told me I weighed 15 pounds more than the old one :( Despite this unfortunate event I have still managed to lose 5 pounds so far! Maybe I can make it past my target weight loss goal! Wish me luck! <3<3

iDream 01-16-2010 04:31 PM

Jellofer~ perhaps you could practice my distraction method: Closet purging and cleaning! :D Step away from the carbs--come on, you can do it!

Tummy~ :lmao: Unbaked bread dough!!! Bwahahaha! OMG, I soooooo feel ya on that one!! It's a perfect description too! *snort* Hahahaha! Okay, whew, you really cracked me up! Thanks for not kickin' my butt too hard. I'll have to check that book out. I'm not entirely sure there was any psychological reason behind my eating though--I was just thoroughly enjoying the holiday goodies a bit too much. One thing did dawn on me during all my chowing--it dawned on me that for the first time in a loooooooooong time, I wasn't eating my feelings or my stress. I was just...eating because I wanted to eat that pecan pie or that fudge or those cookies...no underlying factor, no boredom, no stress or depression, just eating for the sake of eating. Not that that's a good thing to do either, but given the time of year it was, it's not unheard of either. So, you may find this odd, but I'm actually proud of myself. I didn't turn to food to calm me (this year was amazingly stress free) or cheer me up--and THAT is a BIG deal! Now with that said, I'm irked that I'm no longer fitting into my smaller clothes, but I'll get back into them in no time. :D

Whew! Sorry for rambling your eyes off girl! ;) (get it, eyes, not ears...hahaha! I slay me!)

I just finished purging and cleaning my closet! :carrot: I unpacked boxes that had been partially unpacked for almost 3 years! I got rid of so much stuff!!! I even managed to put together a little care package for a friend of my hubby's who's wife just had a baby girl. :) Two brand new outfits, a brand new container of Balmex...other little things too, just sitting in my closet. It'll be nice to give them a new home. :)

So, now I'm putting away some random stuff that belongs in random places and I can call it done. This is the very first time that all of mine and hubby's stuff (in our bedroom, closets, dressers, bathroom) has been organized COMPLETELY since we got together over 12 years ago! Insane isn't it? Ten moves in ten years made nomads out of us and we left a lot of things packed in boxes to be shoved into closets until the next move.

It feels so freeing to have it all where it belongs! :celebrate:

Now, that's not to say there isn't more work to do, there certainly is (remember my scary basement? :lol:), but I can now sit back and relax in my room and know I don't need to do a single thing in there (besides paint ;)).

Okee dokee then, I've rambled on like a crazy woman! :crazy: Hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend!!!

Taurie 01-16-2010 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jellofer2 (Post 3098772)
Ok. Someone reel me in. I am falling into the carb ocean!!! Save me. Throw me a life vest!

Me too! It's awful. I think I'm starting to recognise a pattern when I get to 122 lbs. I'm subconsciously sabotaging my weight loss efforts. I ate a whopping 2,500 calories today. I can't believe it.

Reel us back on the bandwagon!

Ms Perception 01-16-2010 08:19 PM

Taurie and jellofer-Come back to us!! Those carbs have a crazy way of inviting friends to join them in our tummies!

Sandye-I'm like that too where it's hard to admit how bad I've been or the how much my weight jumped up from something. I'm glad you got it off your chest and now you can get back to business with a clear conscience. ;)

Emilia-Awesome job on the 5 lbs! WOW! Way to start the year out right!

Tummy-I'm starting a kind of pre-marathon-training training as soon as we move and I can use the treadmills at school. Although the temps are WAY better right now, the roads are a slushy, icy mess, so outdoor running is still out for the time being.

Today was mattress shopping day for the family. After 5 furniture stores we found ones we all liked and so that's another thing to check off my moving to-do list. Why do so many of the things on my list involve spending money!?!? UGH!! Anyway, I didn't go too crazy today as we ate out for lunch. I kept breakfast and supper small to accomodate. Time to hydrate. Have a great night all!

jellofer2 01-16-2010 09:37 PM

Ok.. The carb binge is over. It was tasty though. But now for the protein beach. It will feel so great. Off to bust through another wall. Thanks for all of the life rafts. I was at work today and it was just one thing after another. It all started with the little bit of pasta I had yesterday with lunch. But I am back in control and am going to pat my little bloated belly and off to sleep. I am working 12 hours again tomorrow and already have my POP lunch planned and hubby is making POP dinner tomorrow night.

I felt like the titanic though after it ran into the iceberg. Sinking and quickly. Then I heard that shivering little voice, Jack, come back Jack. (done in my best Kate Winslet voice) And then poof. Here I am. :)

Love you girls!!!

LouisaH 01-16-2010 11:43 PM

Jellofer, you sounded just like Kate Winslet.

Tiff? Where are you? Are you still running alongside the wagon? We're all still here ready to haul you back up, but you'd better ditch the evil McSausage before you hop on! That is not food, don't do it! I like the mall walking suggestion, but if getting everyone out of the house is too daunting, what about putting on your favorite dance music, holding the baby, and making everyone else dance with you? Wear out the wee ones, get a little exercise and give yourself a little you time with your own music! If it's fun, maybe dance parties can be the new reward, rather than food!

Okay, there are too many people on here for me to address everyone by name (without it taking forever), but so many I want to make comments to. This group really is amazing in the personal encouragement department. What a wonderful way to feel committed and accountable, with so many people watching your back. I am so encouraged and inspired by, and really proud of everyone who is reaching their goals and mini goals.

My scale crapped out today. There were warning signs, and a new battery was not the problem. So, suggestions, please? I would be fine with a regular old scale, and have never tried one that gives body fat blah blah blah (I don't even know what else they make now, but I don't want to go back to my old old scale that had to be set 6 pounds over to weigh accurately), so would appreciate a little advice.

Thanks everyone!

Taurie 01-17-2010 08:08 AM

Ms Perception thanks for that.
Jellofer lol, you're so funny.

Mine started with having macaroni and cheese for lunch and progressed to having a sundae for dinner, then a chorizo quesadilla for second dinner!

Today I'll eat like an :angel:

nellonello 01-17-2010 09:52 AM

Ok - I seriously need someone to hit me upside the head. I cannot for the life of me get the motivation to start back on my diet. I have maintained my weight loss for 2 months but still have a long way to go. I just can't figure out what my mental block is. I am working out 5 days a week and I look forward to the workouts, it is just the eating issue that I can't bring myself to get under control.

Tummy Girl 01-17-2010 11:05 AM

Morning Ladies,

Nello - I just finished reading a book that talked about making small changes and such but one piece of advice was to add things to your diet instead of taking anything away in the beginning. Like adding a big salad for lunch and still "allowing" yourself whatever you were having before but just making sure you had that one thing each day. The idea being you won't have as much room to eat the other stuff. I found it to be an interesting strategy as I think small steps are completely the way to go. How is Chalean going?

Taurie - Ahh it's food porn, hide my virgin eyes!!! Glad you're doing better today, mac and cheese does it every time.

LouisaH
- I have a Soehnle scale which I love to little bits and pieces and it even weighed the same as the last one, thank goodness. Mine does do body fat, it would probably make me a nice cup of coffee if I asked it really like too. Any scale that has to be set 6lbs over, that's crazy talk.

Jellofer - Well I can't say that Sandye and I wanted company in the belly bloat department but hey why not, come aboard. Glad you're back in your happy place and have an awesome day at work!

MsP- We're super warm right now as well but it's turned the dirt road into and slushy mess, I managed one day out there and my shoes just aren't ever going to be the same. Ok, wow, that's how many mattresses for all of you? Ouch on the pocketbook, my goodness. I'm tentatively thinking end of February for "training" which is really pre-training, lol, but I want to start getting in some really good base miles around then and hopefully I'll be at goal by then. Sounds good, we can trade tips!

Sandye - I kind of wish I was wrong about that description too but sadly, thems the breaks. I'm more of that incredibly unhealthy, stand in the pantry and close the door and eat till I feel ill kind of binger, very bad, mental issues I tell ya! I used to do it every so often in addition to eating like crapola so no wonder I was that heavy but I've been managing ok since the start of this. I can just totally identify with that much weight in a month, I've done 17 in a week before with daily bindging so I can imagine 30 won't be impossible. But water under the bridge, right? Onto smaller and better things this year. And :congrat:on being unpacked! That must feel amazing, like you just might be settled!

Emilia - :carrot:on five pounds this month, that's fantastic! We're only on the 17th too, you just might blow past that goal yet.

Ahh the day off, well it used to be, now study, study. But at least I like school this time. My first test is coming up this week so I better make sure I know my stuff. Interestingly in my class there is no one who has had a weight "issue" before. Some have had, or do have some vanity weight but nothing significant. The instructor was talking about empathy and how as personal trainers a large majority of folks we'll be working with will have large weight issues and how difficult that is to identify with when you've always been fit. Who knew this was going to be good for something one day, lol.

Have a great Sunday ladies!

Lewisempire 01-17-2010 11:50 AM

Happy Sunday Girls!
Wow- I read and caught up with all the news in the last couple of days, You gals crack me up!!!!! It sounds like we are all slooowllly buckling our seat belts to stay ON THE WAGON.... It really is tough the first couple of days to get back in to the good habits. BUT, I know we can do this!!!!

I am working this weekend, so time is a bit tighter, but I have managed to be POP SAT, and am looking good for Sunday too. I am actually eating tillapia for dinner.(Fish is not usually in my menu) So yah for me!

Sandye, I just wanted to tell you not to sweat the gain, you will have it off in no time, and you should be proud that you stopped before you gained it all back!

Girls, gotta run, wish I could have typed all the comments I made as I read your posts, but no time today! Lotsa love!!!!

nellonello 01-17-2010 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tummy Girl (Post 3100150)
Nello - I just finished reading a book that talked about making small changes and such but one piece of advice was to add things to your diet instead of taking anything away in the beginning. Like adding a big salad for lunch and still "allowing" yourself whatever you were having before but just making sure you had that one thing each day. The idea being you won't have as much room to eat the other stuff. I found it to be an interesting strategy as I think small steps are completely the way to go. How is Chalean going?

TUMMY - Thanks for the tip. I will have to try the salad idea as I love them, but just don't make them often enough. Maybe if I start the meal with that it may control the intake of some of the "other" stuff. I love Chalean Extreme and my dear husband was a gem to get it for me for Christmas. P90x was great but a bit boring. I find CLX a bit more fun and I really look forward to her workouts. I think she could do a better job of a warmup but I really like that she incorporates upper and lower body exercises at the same time. I think I am planning on doing her 90 day program and then adding some X into my daily routine. My doc. still says no running but that maybe in a few months I can add in the elliptical. I just have to watch that I don't do anything too high impact on my foot. I have a few other workout videos but I have never been disappointed in any of the Beachbody ones (though I hear some of the Booty Ballet ones are a bit odd).
It is great to see how well you are doing. Keep it up and good luck with school!!!

trishn222 01-17-2010 03:52 PM

I lost 5 lbs this week. YEAH!!!!

Lewisempire 01-17-2010 04:42 PM

Trishn222-FANTASTIC- I am so happy for you! keep on rockin' it like that, and you will be at goal in no time!!!!!

Nello, after Iread your post about Chalean extreme, I did some research on the program. It looks reallly cool, similar to the "goddess workout" with the idea of heavier weights and lower reps. My question is regarding the nutrition part of it. Is it just low carb? Have you been following it? does it fill you up? etc., on and on. If you could just spill your guts on the whole subject, that would be great!!! LOL

Nella 01-17-2010 06:28 PM

Louisa - I got a new scale at Costco this weekend. It is really nice. Just a plain scale, not body fat percentages. But I thought it was a good deal at $25, but then it had a $10 coupon too! So $15 for a really nice looking glass scale with a lighted number area. And it's almost 2 pounds less than my old scale, so I is a happy girl!

Sandye - Welcome Back. Good for you for getting it out there, now we can all work together to get it back off. See what happened when you leave us, lol. :hug: We missed ya girl!

Jello - Good on you for getting that carb attack under control! You don't need em!

Taurie - You can break that 122! We have faith in ya!

Tummy - Good Luck on your first test! You can beat that bloat! Just think about how many mile syou have to run to burn off those binges. That shold stop ya!

Trish - That's great!!! Keep it up!!! I have to say, I've jealous!

Nello - I understand your pain. I've been clost to stuck for the last 2 months as well. Yo-yo ing between the same 2 or 3 pounds. We can beat this!!

Soooo, I FINALLY joined the gym. I know it took me how long? 2 months? Yeah if my lazy butt would have done it in November, I would be almost to goal right now. But instead, I'm still almost 30 pounds to go. Very annoyed with myself. DH joined with me (it's actually a community center here, but perfect for what we need and cheap!! $150 for teh whole year for both of us!) and we went Saturday and today. They are closed tomorrow which sucks, but oh well, I can do a video/ wii fit. Once I get rolling, I'm good. It's just getting myself rolling that's the hard part. It's so easy to get lazy and put things off. I know for me, when I'm done "loseing" I will have stay really vigilant or I will gain it all back. I guess most of us are that way.

So got the exercise in this weekend. I'm a little sore from teh weights, but it feels good. My eating on the other hand, not so great. I do better during the week. Yesterday I was fine until I got hungry and decided we should eat Thai food (my fav!) I ate a small portion and brought the rest home. Normally I would eat almost all of it in one sitting. So I ate a little more later last night, and then ate 2 servings of home made bread pudding. God it was good. Unhealthy as all get out, but good.

But that's over. I'm done with it. I'm back on the wagon, and holding the reins. Hope everyone had a great one!

Ms Perception 01-17-2010 08:03 PM

Just a quick pop in to share, I hit the 120's today!!! 120's!!!!!! Can ya believe it? That's with eating out both Friday and Saturday. I was amazed, but THRILLED! Had to enjoy the moment with you all.

LouisaH 01-17-2010 09:05 PM

Tummy Girl and Nella, thanks for the input on the scales. I was impatient and went out and bought one, but boy did I belabor that. The sales people probably thought I was up to no good. I finally bought a groovy round digital scale--no body fat blahbity blah (already know how to get that info online, not worth the extra money), and since I have a spectacular new espresso machine (thank you Santa), I don't need one to make me coffee either. They didn't sell any that would do my workouts for me or prepare all my healthy meals, so I settled for cool looking and cheap (it has to go with the new fab bathroom).

Nello, thanks for including that bit about the Chalean Extreme. I looked into it too. I need new DVDs that don't make me pull a muscle rolling my eyes.

My biggest motivator right now is clothes. I hate all my clothes sooooo much, and will not buy new until I get near my goal. And I won't have to for a long time because I still have plenty of cute clothes that don't fit that are just waiting to jump out of the closet and be worn again.

Have a great week everyone!

LouisaH 01-17-2010 09:08 PM

Go Ms P! That's fantastic. So proud, so proud.

mystical 01-17-2010 09:59 PM

Hello ladies, I know it has been a few days things have been so busy around here. Today was my baby DS birthday he is 15 OMG can't believe it where has the time gone. Makes me really feel old LOL... On the upside though I made sure I ate a good dinner and only had a small piece of the birthday cake and didn't go back for seconds or even eat any other junk Yeah what a great achievement for me.

No lets see for the dietician, things are going well she gave me homework to do, so I am learning how and when and what to eat for me. She is making me do the homework and not just making me out a menu plan, I am doing it myself with her guidence and that is working well for me. I can email or call her at any time and she will be coming to the house once a month te see how things are going and to see if we need to make any changes. I think I am off to a good start... What she did is to give me a breakdown of how many fruit/veg, grains, milk, meat, and fats I need for each meal and snack as well as the calories. So wish me luck and I will keep you posted. Have a great night :)

Tummy Girl 01-17-2010 11:29 PM

MsP - Holy frickin' skinny batman, yeha!!! Oh man, my smilies won't work, well [insert happy celebratory smilies here] Way to go, hats off to you and a million congradulations!!! Yay, you made me clap in my the middle of my living room!

Nella 01-18-2010 01:30 PM

Ms. P - WAHOO!!!! You go girl!! That's fanfrickentastic!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Mystical - Good on you for avoiding the cake binge!

No news here again on the scale front. Hanging at 164.something. Ready to see some 15_'s. My muscles are sore from my workout, but it's a good sore feeling. DH got us a couples massage over the weekend, but I could sure use it right now, lol.

jellofer2 01-18-2010 01:43 PM

MsP!!!!! Did i ever tell you your my hero!!!!! Your in the 120's. That is fanFRICKentastic!!!! (JUmping up and down wildly).

Ok Tummy-----2.8 of my carb binge gone already. Hit the gym hard today. Bike and treadmill. Ran, walked, lifted pressed, squated and pushed. Wohoo!!!!

Shrinking Girl 01-18-2010 03:05 PM

Hey Chickies

I've been kind of ghosting here and keeping tabs on everyone. I'm having a rough time, kicked my husband out last Monday and things are... well... emotional at best, chaotic ad middling and horrible at worst. I'll be ok though, don't you worry. I just wanted to pop my head in and say CONGRATS TO MS P the 120's.... w-o-w.

mystical 01-18-2010 03:38 PM

Ms P. Conrats! that is so awesome I agree with jellofer2 You are a HERO! Thanks for sharing and keeping me motivated.

jellofer2 Wow you are doing so good! Keep up the good work.

Shrinking Girl Sorry to hear about all your problems. I know it must be a stressful time.. You you need to talk don't hesitate to pm. Keep your head help high and keep up the good work!

Now for me I am doing awesome I have my new menu all together and I have been putting it in on daily plate. Can't believe I am really getting my act toegether finally. With all the new foods I am eating I actually feel like that is all I am doing is eating LOL, I put in all the foods and I am getting in about 1600 a day but boy do I feel like I am eating all day long... I guess it is the difference in eating the healthy foods the right way. Hope everyone else is doing great today . Hope to hear from all of you soon. :)

Tummy Girl 01-18-2010 04:06 PM

Howdy Ladies, Good Afternoon,

Nello - You're very welcome, I found the concept really helpful just in the last few days. Most things that have helped me with the weight loss have been about shifting my mindset and not the big crazy stuff, kwim?

Nella - Thanks, I have a feeling I'll do pretty good but I've never done an online course before, so right now it's more the uncertainty of how it all works and things.

Jellofer - Good to hear :) Now doesn't that feel better, lol?

Mystical - I think that's when you know you got it, when you feel like you're eating all day and the chewing never ends, that's a sure fire indicator that you're eating healthy food (usually, lol) I found that most garbage food it was easier to inhale and didn't require nearly as much chewing.

SG - Oh :hug:

I myself have some exciting news, I found my marathon! It's June 20, father's day and dh is off that weekend which was a prerequisite for whichever one I picked and the greatest part is that it's in Winnipeg, so I get to fly home and run it in front (and hopefully with) some of my family and friends. Cuz goodness knows around mile 20 I'll need some motivation! Super excited, the weather in June in Winnipeg is not really marathon perfection, hot and humid but I'm only aiming to finish this one and the Winnipeg course is well flat, very flat and ultimately home for me so it will be awesome to spend some time running at home fufilling a goal.

And another super surprise is that dh got me a weight goal present. He ordered it back in December when I hit 135 but it was back ordered and will not be here until another week but he counldn't wait any longer it appears. It's a Garmin GPS HRM, it tracks your distance, elevation, pace, speed and all that marvelous stuff, which might just be great for marathon training! Too excited, what a marvelous day.

TTFN

Ms Perception 01-18-2010 07:28 PM

SG-Sorry hon. Like mystical said, feel free to PM if you ever want to talk. Keep taking good care of yourself!

Tummy-Yay! Now you've got that goal and time frame firmly in mind. Nothing can stop ya!! Oooh and super YAY on the goal gift! Sounds fantastic.

jellofer-WOW on the workout!

I think I pulled an oblique yesterday or 'cuz there's a little discomfort over there, but anyway. Just wanted to say hey before I go get some miles in.

Nella 01-19-2010 07:35 AM

Quick fly by before work. Just wanted to say have a great POP day everyone!!!

Tummy Girl 01-19-2010 10:48 AM

Morning Ladies,

MsP - Yup, I like deadlines and now I'm good with training and all that jazz. The HRM will be very helpful to know how far I'm going when I'm back on the road, and how fast too. At least I won't have to drive the truck and measure everywhere like before. Take care of that side of yours, that's a funny spot to pull. Enjoy your walk.

Nella - Hi back at ya! You as well.

Got my first test tonight with school so I look forward to seeing how it's formatted and things, and will get in some extra studying a bit later. I'm also going to go for an 8 mile run this afternoon when dd is napping and dh probably will be too. And tomorrow we're off to the city for the day and I'll be MIA.

So where has everybody gotten to? We're missing a lot of checking in my goodness, hope everyone is doing alright out there.