3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   January Weight Loss Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/188949-january-weight-loss-challenge.html)

kris2008 01-09-2010 08:21 AM

1/1/10: 174
1/9/10: 171
1/16/10:
1/23/10:
1/31/10: 165

Not as much as I wanted the first week, but 165 is still do-able!

jellofer2 01-09-2010 09:22 AM

what the heck????

Shrinking Girl 01-09-2010 09:33 AM

Hey Chickies!

Just a quick fly-by. The scale read 180.4 today and while I'd normally take that as 180 I'm going to go with 181 since I still just can't believe I lost that much weight in a week. I know, I know MsP I just can't seem to get it through my head that I CAN do this weight loss thing, that I have been doing this weight loss thing and that it's actually working. Maybe one of these days it'll sink in.
As for the 2 lbs, that puts me at 45 lbs lost which means I get another dancing fatty in my signature. Six pounds from my original goal now and, as I said before, it's kind of surreal. Great....but surreal.

Have a great weekend everyone!

VickieLou 01-09-2010 11:26 AM

Delphi Sorry to hear about Canaan. :grouphug: He sounded like such a sweet boy. My prayers got out for you and your family.

RockyMtnGirl 01-09-2010 11:52 AM

Good Morning Ladies! Down to 236! So that is 4lbs lost so far this month!
Just popping in quickly, have a 100 things to do, but at least all that running around will burn calories, woohoo!

Tummy Girl 01-09-2010 12:19 PM

Morning Ladies!

Tyla - it happens to everyone, it's all in how you handle the setbacks that separate the losers from the bigger losers. You're still diong good, you just had a moment when you didn't make the best choice, heck I used to do that with boyfriends all the time!

LouisaH - Isn't that the truth, it's nice to have an outlet here to blabber on about this or everyone in our lives would poke their ears out.

Tiffrutherf - Congrats on the baby first of all and way to go on getting on top of things so quickly, my c-section was three years ago and I just finished getting off that baby weight, lol.

Kris - That's fantastic! 3 pounds in a week is marvelous, don't forget to give yourself credit too, that's 10500 calories of deficit and that sure doesn't happen by accident.

Jellofer - I think we need to talk with your body

SG - :carrot::carrot:on that dancing fatty and doing so well. Sounds like the brains not catching up with the pants size yet, lol, it takes a long while for that to happen, I think, I'll let ya know ;)

VickieLou - :wave:

RockyMtnGirl - WTG on 4lbs in 9 days, brilliant! All that running around is sure paying off, lol.

I'm finally unpacked and laundry is almost done, just the sheets and things today. I feel about a million times lighter today after my first day back to unprocessed, whole happy food. Even eating carefully (most of the time) I almost looked pregnant when I got home from all the bloat, it was terribly uncomfortable. It will still be a few days until I'm back in fighting form as they say but I'm hoping to get over to dh's work to bust out some running on that treadmill later this morning which always makes me feel a ton better.

School starts on monday too so that will be interesting to incorporate into my schedule but hopefully I'll be learning something useful, then I can share it here.

Alrighty talk to ya later!

Ms Perception 01-09-2010 11:35 PM

Tummy-Glad to have you back! Did you get lots of compliments on your new bod? I bet it was wonderful!

Tiffrutherf-Welcome and congrats on your baby and the weight you've already lost!!

Today we had a nice day with my folks and I was pretty good with food. It was a rest day for exercise, though there was lots of laughter to burn cals! :D I'm looking forward to tomorrow. We're going to see the progress on our house and drop off the last few light fixtures that we chose that need to get installed. We're closing in on the home stretch...just a couple more weeks and the house should be very near completion!! YAHOOO!!!!

Slimming 01-10-2010 02:16 AM

Checking In...I'm down 2 lbs. So, I'm 210. I'll take it!

Taurie 01-10-2010 03:57 AM

Delphi - sorry to hear about your loss. it's hard no matter what the circumstances. don't be hard on yourself for feeling the way you do.

TummyGirl - Welcome back! Hope you had a good holiday.

LouisH - cooking meals and eating with coworkers sounds fun... but also challenging to keep it healthy and light.

Taurie 01-10-2010 03:59 AM

Oh, I forgot to mention. I'm down another to 122 lbs. The real challenge will be to get past 121 as I always seem to get stuck there.

Dixiemae 01-10-2010 11:06 AM

Weighed in this morning.
sw 166.2
cw 164.4

almost 2 pounds. Yeah slowly getting there. My daughter weighs 154 an inch shorter than I am. I get an idea what I will look like when I get there. I am sure the doctor will want me to loose more pounds. One step at a time. I will know more when I have my next lab work up.

Tummy Girl 01-10-2010 12:24 PM

Morning Ladies,

MsP- Oh how exciting, I bet it feels like a hundred years you all have been cramped up in the MIL's. Not only will it be nice to have it done but think of all that space, lol. yes, it was a crazy blur of visits and seeing countless people but it was great fun. There was a number of people who didn't recognize me until I spoke and then just stared and couldn't believe it. My dh's grandmother was the funniest, she would interrupt herself all the time and comment how it didn't seem like she was even talking to me. I did have a few "you're too skinny, don't lose more" but I'm firmly rooted in my health and exercise so I'm not worring too much about them. How did your Christmas visiting go?

Slimming - Wicked awesome, doing fantastic, congrats!

Taurie - Wtg on the 122, and this time may be different, you might just blow threw that 121 this time. Holidays were great but it's so nice to get back to routine, I missed running so much and control over my food in general, I do love routine :)

Dixiemae - Congrats on the 164, fantastic! Being that we're the same height, you'll be in the healthy BMI range at 154 so how much farther does the doctor want you to go? But I guess it does depend on that bloodwork, lol, I'll just answer my own question.

Did something this morning that I haven't done in almost a month, I ran outside! Yay, it was so nice to get off that treadmill and just enjoy the great outdoors at 7am. We're in the midst of a warmer spell, and it was 15F this morning, gorgeous, didn't even need gloves. Also the nice thing about outside is that I can get my run finished first thing instead of waiting for dd's nap time, total bonus.

That's all for me this morning, time to take down the Christmas tree and decorations and tidy up some. Still haven't gotten back to my 135 lbs from before holidays but it will come, I just seem to have lost my patience! Have a great day ladies.

Tiffrutherf 01-10-2010 12:53 PM

Tummy and Perception- Thank you for the big welcome:hug:!! I have been on the weight rollercoster for a while but when I got pregnant the message really hit home.
I am 5' and I have not been under 235 in 12 years. Well when I got pregnant with my last DD (I'm 36 so I'm done) I had gestational Diabetes and I weighed 295. I had to have a c-section above my belly button because my "apron" prevented them from getting to my old c-section scar. I was so ashamed. On top of that, I had to go to the University hospital because the doctors in my town were to scared to do the surgery:kickcan:...

Surgery was risky because of my weight and health. I vowed that if baby and I made it off the table alive, I would do something..I was not longer going to let my weight control my life or take it from me.

For 12 years I have given up on dressing nice, I wear sweats everywhere. I try not to go out too much because I'm just so ashamed and when I do, I try to go unnoticed, no fancy clothes make up, nothing that makes me stand out. I pray to God that we (my husband and I) don't get invited to weddings where I have to meet new people..I have been a prisoner of my body for 12 years (and 3 kids didn't help).
So when I came home I weighed 260 post baby a awesome jump start.. I decided to breastfeed with that, and just plain running after kids, got me down to 250..

Yesterday and today I worked out, but my eating habits need work (and since Im the cook..well)! So thats where I stand now!!

girlieyorkie 01-10-2010 01:05 PM

Congrats to everyone who have met their goals for the week.:congrat:

I was aiming for at least 2 pounds weight loss this week, but I only managed 1.8 pounds.:mad:

Well, I just need to try harder next week.:(

:goodluck: to everyone.

LouisaH 01-10-2010 04:18 PM

Sabotaging myself: we had a party yesterday. Having people over is the only way we can get the house clean...but I didn't put enough healthy food out for myself. So I consumed way too many calories (and wine) and didn't have time to exercise (that getting the house clean thing, plus party food prep). Today I'm back on plan, but sheesh, why do I keep doing this to myself?

I managed only 1.2 pounds this first week and am hoping I can get a higher weekly average than that or I'll never get rid of 10 this month!

Bigmid 01-10-2010 08:21 PM

Delphi- so sorry for your loss my heart goes out to you and your family.

Sorry I have been MIA for a few days I have caught up on the reading but will start our fresh as far as the writing of events. You gals have been so busy losing weight I can't keep up. That's awesome, keep it up you can all do it.

As for me only down .6 this week. I don't seem to be motivated yet. I need to get out of this funk. It is purely mental I know that, it's time to get my head in the game and then my body will follow.

trishn222 01-10-2010 08:45 PM

down 1.6 this week only 4.4 to goal

jellofer2 01-10-2010 08:58 PM

Tummy---- My trainer had a talk with my body yesterday. We both think I haven't been eating enough. So I am trying to be more concious of what I am doing thru out the day. Just about made my quota for today. So, I will just have protein water tonight or protein soup. Something before bed so that I don't wake up starving. Worked out hard yesterday and today. Todays calories out 3016 total calories in 1680. I am hoping for a decrease tomorrow. Because I have burned way more than I have consumed. But apparently my body likes to hold to this weight. Trainer asked how the first
40 pounds came off. I said it was pretty easy. He says the next 40 I am gonna earn 1 by 1. But it is all worth it. I love the changes that I am seeing except for the hangy skin, but that will tighten up with STing. Which I am addicted to. DH bought me a new yoga matt and 10/15 pound kettlebells for my birthday. My parents also bought me the Ali Vincent book. She was the first female winner of the biggest loser. I have read the whole book and it was just what I needed. She said losing weight is a simple mathematical formula. Calories in versus calories out. We shall see what the scale holds for the morning. I will make 228. What I am afraid of though is my muscle development. Is it slowing me down? Or was I truly not eating enough? I had some strawberries this weekend. MMMMM! First time in 5 months. :)

I am so excited for your new house MsP. I remember what it was like when we were building our house. STressful, but very exciting.

Best wishes to all of you. We can do this.

Jen

Ms Perception 01-10-2010 10:05 PM

Well, I didn't make the progress I hoped for this week. I just figured I'd get back down to pre-Christmas weight no problem. No such luck, I guess. I hear ya on the lack of patience, Tummy. ;) I then told myself, "You weigh what you did in high school, woman. No worries!" It'll come in good time.
Yesterday at my parent's I ate fine, but probably over did it on calories. It was hard to keep track. Today I was okay, but we ate out for lunch and I'm guessing it wasn't as lo-cal as it should've been. Also, I was busy watching the Packers lose their play-off game, among other things, so I missed my workout. Due to space limitations, I can't do it once the kids go to bed. Anyway, tomorrow is another day. I have good healthy things planned for the next few days to be on track and make sure I head in the right direction.

tyla 01-10-2010 10:52 PM

Louisa and Tummy Girl, thank you soooo much for your words of encouragement. Just to let you know, I got back on track yesterday and today and feel so much better for it. I now have that momentum going again.

Ms. Perception, please change my original goal from 10 lbs. to 5. I think I got a little too ambitious. Thanks for all your hard work.

Congrats to all who lost weight this week, and good luck for continued success!

Tiffrutherf 01-11-2010 12:00 AM

Well I'm going to bed now. Just want to say that I did not eat before I went to bed...I always like to turn in on a full stomach, but not tonight. I'm not hungry, just want something to do I guess...but not tonight..I have been back in forth to the kitchen 3 times..Now I'm taking baby and we are going upstairs to bed..see you ladies tomorrow..SCORE ONE VICTORY FOR ME TONIGHT!

BrainBabiesBe 01-11-2010 08:02 AM

OMG! I did it (???!!!)

I weighed in at **175** this morning. I checked three times and the scale still said 175. I met my monthly goal and have lost 3lbs!

wow. it is actually happening.

Stunned with happiness*,

B.

* I've been really depressed about my weight and lack of progress. I needed this for motivation.

Shrinking Girl 01-11-2010 08:20 AM

Hey Everyone!

Just a quick drive-by this morning. Scale says I'm down to 178.8. Again I will see if this number sticks around. I'm highly skeptical of me losing so much weight so quickly. I mean.. holy crap, I'd love to be in the 170's and if I keep this up I'll be at goal by the end of the month but seriously? Something's gotta be going on that just ain't right!
Have a great day!

shea5 01-11-2010 10:49 AM

I've been a little scale addicted this week, but then my period showed up so I was hoping for a maintain, but I did manage to lose 1.8, down to 253.2, so almost 1/3 of the way to my monthly goal :) can't complain about that, and hopefully I'll see some more of the hard work paying off next week. Great job everyone on your losses so far.

Nella 01-11-2010 11:28 AM

BBB - Congrats!!! 3 pounds is great!!! Keep up the great work!

Tummy - glad you are back home in your element.

Ms. P - Quit being so hard on yourself!!! You've done something amazing!! You've made goal and now exceeding it.

SG - Just accept it hon - you're melting away!!!!

Shea - yay for you!! Keep it up!!

Tiff - You too!! Great job!

Sandye - Where ever you are - come back to us soon!

LTTG - Hope things are going well for you!

Ok, running out of time, so *wave* to everyone else.

I'm closing in on the 150's. I was 162.X for 2 days, but I was up this morning a little. I know why...but I'm not worried about it. I have been taking Sunday as a free day that I don't count my cals. I had more salt than I normally would because I ate out for breakfast & lunch.

I'm trying to get back into my workouts. Been doing some crunches, squats, leg hops, free weights for arms. I'm ready to get some cardio in again. It's really starting to show on me. I weigh 10 pounds less now than I did at my wedding. When we went away for New Years, a lot of family I haven't seen since then said I looked great. I feel good, which is more important, but I have to not get too comfortable, because I want to feel amazing, not just good.

A few small NSV's. I don't really have full length mirrors in my house, but my mom does in her bathroom. Well I previously had not liked what I saw, but my thighs were noticeably smoother on the sides than a few months ago. I never really had cellulite per say, but there were some lumpy things going on. The lumps were all but gone yesterday though. Also, when I lay down now, I have hip bones. I know that sounds weird, but my stomach goes flat enough to make my hip bones stick up higher than my tummy. It may seem weird to everyone else, but it made me happy. The scale to me sometimes isn't near as important as the physical things I see. Oh, and I wore a pair of jeans that I bought well over 4 years ago and have never been able to wear because they wouldn't go over my thighs. Not anymore. Fit perfect in teh thighs, too big in the waist.

So there you go, my weekend in a nutshell. Have a great day ladies!

jessicado22 01-11-2010 01:46 PM

Hiya ladies.....long time no see! I was incredibly busy last month so I didn't have time to get on here much. And then I took some time off dieting for the Holidays. Well, took time off might be putting it mildly as the scale was up to 240 when I stepped on last week for the first time since before Christmas. 240!!!! I weighed 224 before I jumped off the wagon. I couldn't believe it......bad Jessica, bad!!!!! Now not only is the scale up 15 pounds, but I screwed myself doubly because I could have been 15 pounds lighter than the 224 if I had just stuck to my guns. So instead of being 210...I was 240! Crappy decisions really do bite you in the rear I guess.
I heaved my fat a** back on the wagon last week, and when I weighed in today I was down to 231. I have my first tattoo ever scheduled Feb 6th that was supposed to mark the 199 mark. Now I am hoping to have it mark the 100 pounds lost mark, which means I have exactly 4 weeks to lose 21 pounds, which I doubt is going to happen, but I am still going to try my best. Maybe if anything, I will have lost 100 pounds by the time the tattoo is done (it is going to be a whole arm sleeve and going to take at least a few sessions).
Well anyways ladies, I wanted to check in and say hi since I have been MIA forever. As much as I would love to be a regular again this month, I am not sure if I am going to have time. I decided to go back to college this month, and between that and 2 jobs and being a single mom, plus the extra exercise time I am just swamped. I committed to the Biggest Loser Challenge and so am going to try and use my extra time to log in there on a regular basis to hold myself accountable. Hope to have time to make it on here eventually though. Hope everyone else did better than me recently and that you all are getting where you want to be! :)

Ms Perception 01-11-2010 03:00 PM

jessicado-Thanks for checkin' in even if you can't commit here. It's good to know you're back on track and taking care of yourself! Best of luck with college, too!

Nella-I know. I know. I had to have a talk with myself again about appreciating where I am and being patient. I may have been a bit too convincing though. I think my body thinks I'm in maintenance! LOL

SG-Don't make me come over there! ENJOY the scale victories! Don't question them. If you feel fine and you're OP, then you're body is clearly in the mood to reward you. The rest of us wish we were so fortunate!

shea-Good job getting 1/3 of the way! That means you're ahead of the game. Keep it up and you'll keep motivating the rest of us to follow your good example. :)

BBB-WOW!!!! Great job on making goal!! I guess you underestimated yourself. Now that you know what you're capable of, you're well on your way. I'll mark your goal as met (red) on the list. Would you care to make a secondary goal so you have something to shoot for for the rest of the month?

Tiffrutherf- Awesome victory over the late night eating! That is one I had to conquer too. Keep it up!

I'm having a good OP day, but I am still suffering from a larger than normal appetite. I'm not sure why, so it's hard to combat. TOM is here which means this should've gone away, but I'll deal. I'm feeling good about where I'm at and I'm very much looking forward to getting on the treadmill at the school once we move into our house. I think part of my lack of satisfaction I've had with my body recently has to do with missing running and the help it was providing in slimming me down. I'm better with it now since it's only a few more weeks and ultimately, I feel good at this weight. I just would prefer to be down a bit more before I "stick" with a weight.

Ms Perception 01-11-2010 03:01 PM

January Weight Loss Challenge List
If there is anything missing or incorrect, please let me know. :dizzy:

Summer 2010: Lose 15 lbs (10% loss)
Mikan: Reach 150's
JazzyPeggy: Reach 275 lbs
laurie78: Lose 8 lbs and Fit in or be close to size 10
MelO: Lose 8 lbs
Delphi: Lose 10 lbs
DixieMae: Reach 159 (lose 5 lbs)
LouisaH:Lose 10 lbs to reach 203 lbs
Shrinking Girl: Lose 7 lbs to reach 177 lbs
JudiAB: Lose 5 lbs
Tummy Girl: Maintain at or below 135 lbs and body fat of 21-22%
sockmonkey:Lose 10 lbs
PrairieChick: Lose 10 lbs
tigga: Lose 10 lbs
Taurie: Reach 119 lbs
tyla: Lose 5 lbs to reach 140 lbs
Late to the Game: Lose 6 lbs
NebraskaGirl: Lose 7 lbs
Ms Perception: Fit comfortably into size 6's and reach 24% body fat
jellofer2: Reach 228 lbs
busymovinmama: Eat fruits, veggies, beans and whole grains everyday
BeautyandtheBeast: Lose 10 lbs to reach 148.8 lbs
RockyMtnGirl: Lose 15 lbs
Shea5: Lose 14 lbs
Gekster: Reach 271 lbs (lose 7 lbs)
Slimming: Lose 10 lbs
Miss Mallee: Lose 10 lbs
nellonello: Lose 6 lbs
mystical: Lose 5 lbs
bbybear712: Lose 10 lbs
trishn222: Lose 6 lbs
princess2323: Lose 5 lbs
MeoxMix: Lose 8 lbs
shutterbug84: Lose 12 or more pounds to be at or below 200 lbs
jazzafg: Lose 5 lbs to reach 205 lbs
kris2008: Lose 9 lbs to reach 165 lbs
MotherMe: Lose 6 lbs and get into Onederland
canadianangel: Reach 185 lbs and fit into the jeans on the mirror ;)
Hannahs Nana: Lose 10 lbs
jiggles77: Lose 5 lbs
Jessie Rose: Lose 10 lbs and wear favorite jeans without muffin top
rubyru: Lose 10 lbs
Bigmid: Lose 7-9 lbs to reach Onederland
Emilia LaCasuela: Lose 8 lbs
helpmelose: Lose 9 lbs
hotstuff: Lose 8 lbs
Lori Ann: Lose 15 lbs
jleeson: Lose 6 lbs and fit into size 34 jeans
girlieyorkie: Lose 8 lbs
ShellyK0622086: Lose 10 lbs
Sunflower38: Lose 10 lbs
dollypie: Lose 10 lbs
LBLazy: Lose 10 lbs to reach 165.2 lbs
tryintoloseit4good: Lose at least 5 lbs
KimL1214: Get back down to 260 lbs
VickieLou: Reach 220 lbs
Muffentop: Lose 10 lbs to reach 239.2 lbs
christies6pack: Lose 10 lbs
BrainBabiesBe: Lose 2-3 lbs to reach 175-176 lbs
LaurenA: Reach Onederland
bigmomma: Lose 8 lbs
Nella: Lose 8 lbs
ilunikavi: Reach 205 lbs
Scatterheart: Lose 10.8 lbs
Tiffrutherf: Lose 10 lbs to reach 239

hotstuff 01-11-2010 04:15 PM

Down 4.4 pounds for the month!!! I've had to stay away from a lot of activity due to lower back problems but now they're fixed and I'm so happy that the weight I lost was due to eating well and keeping my portions under control (no pun intended)! Today will be the first workout I'll be able to do since Dec 30 but I'll take it easy and work back up to running soon! :carrot: :carrot: I get an extra 600 calories on my cheat day!

Taurie 01-11-2010 04:24 PM

Wow! Everyone is doing so well. It's so motivating!!

mystical 01-11-2010 06:52 PM

Just a quick run by. I won't be here tomorrow going to the city with hubby. I am planning on getting to the bulk store while I am there so we can get all our new foods that the dietician gave us... I will check in later to let you all know how things went with that.. Hope you all have a great night :)

JazzyPeggy 01-11-2010 09:15 PM

I like this thread. My goal is to reach 275. Currently I'm at 280.4 and yo yo'ing between 280.4 and 279.6. I want to average 5 pounds per month in the new year, so I'm going to round January down to 275. I usually weigh in on Sundays.

1/1/10 280.4
1/3/10 280
1/10/10 279.4
1/17/10
1/24/10
1/31/10
Goal 275 or less

BrainBabiesBe 01-11-2010 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms Perception (Post 3088979)

BBB Would you care to make a secondary goal so you have something to shoot for for the rest of the month?

Hi Ms. P:

Hmmm, it's tempting to think "more weight loss" ... but I'll go with "complete entire workout schedule for Jan" instead. Want to be slow and steady with this. I'm still trying to change some really fundamental food-behaviour-emotion patterns.

Thank you for maintaining this thread -- it's a huge help to read what people are doing.

B.

Shrinking Girl 01-12-2010 07:57 AM

Hey Everybody!

I'm incredibly tired, had a rough night last night. I wanted to say jessicado I missed you and I hope you'll check in every now and again!

The scale read 178.8 again this morning so I've updated my ticker. 4 lbs left until goal. Color me stunned. I missed last night's work out due to work obligations and I barely slept last night so I didn't wake up early to go in to Curves this morning. I'm hoping I feel up to it tonight but if not, I don't think I'll beat myself up over it.

I wish I had time for more personals but duty calls. Have a great day!

dollypie 01-12-2010 10:00 AM

Down 5lbs to 191!!!

Nella 01-12-2010 10:00 AM

SG - WOWWWW!!!! So close to goal!!!!!

Hotstuff - That's great!! 4.4 in only 11 days is amazing!

Welcome to all the new folks! It's never too late to join this thread, so come on in!

So, eating was OP yesterday. Like really OP, in fact, I was under by 150 cals. DH and I went and looked at the community center for a place to work out. It's VERY small. 2 ellipticals, 2 bikes, 2 treadmills, a squat machine, a nautilus type weight machine and some free weights. But for $150 for the whole year for the two of us, it's kind of a bargain. It has all the things I would probably use, it's just a matter of it not being too full and all the equipment taken up. The hours are OK, not great, but better than the 2 gyms here in town. So I'm going to bite the bullet tonight and go up there and join. DH wanted me to do it last night, but I wanted to think about it and make sure it's what I wanted to do. So that will be exciting for me to get back to cardio. I just need to get the battery replaced in the Polar my mom gave me and I'll be totally back on track.

My DH goes for his vas reversal in less than a month, so I'm feeling more pressure to get more of this weight off before then. We're going to start trying for a baby right away, so in theory if all goes well, we could be pg in March. It sounds stupid for me to be so worried about getting smaller just so I can go and get pg, but hey, that's the plan, lol. I'm really hoping to hit 145 before then.

Dixiemae 01-12-2010 10:47 AM

I weighed in this morning guess Im in shock or denial or some thing. Cuz the scale said 162.2!!!!!!!!!!! Im serious I cant believe it. I weighed twice to make sure my eyes wasn't playing tricks on me. Will I wake up in the morning and find I was dreaming?? I will take it and run like a thief. BUT.......

Tummy~I think in the end the doctor will want me some where around 140. Im gearing up so I wont be surprised if I hear it. I go in Feb its getting closer all the time. Its almost mid Jan already!! Geez where is the time going so fast

Lewisempire 01-12-2010 11:04 AM

Hi GIRLZZZZ! I have really missed all the Great, SuperFANTASTIC Ladies on this thread! I just got back from a Disney cruise, SO I am absolutely ready to sound my BATTLE CRY, EYEYEYEYEYEYYYY! It is time to get serious again. Since my last check in, I am almost back to where i started from this time last year.....so, my goals for weight loss in Jan is to lose my 10% and get down to 205#. Plain and simple, MS.P can you add me to your list- THANKYOU. BTW MS.P your numbers are looking goooood!!! Don't give up! You are so close to goal!
Tummygirl- looking great girl!
Delphi-hugs to you!!!! keep in touch! You have been such a huge support/inspiration to all the ladies on this thread, let us return the favor! We love you girl!

Sandye- I can't remember your screen name, but you know who I am talking to, come and play with us!

FULLSteamahead, are you out there?????? Come back, and lets get busy!!

OK, enough chit chat, I will head over to the exercise thread, and then to the NORDIC TRACK- oh so much fun!

Ms Perception 01-12-2010 12:06 PM

January Weight Loss Challenge List
If there is anything missing or incorrect, please let me know. :dizzy:

Summer 2010: Lose 15 lbs (10% loss)
Mikan: Reach 150's
JazzyPeggy: Reach 275 lbs
laurie78: Lose 8 lbs and Fit in or be close to size 10
MelO: Lose 8 lbs
Delphi: Lose 10 lbs
DixieMae: Reach 159 (lose 5 lbs)
LouisaH:Lose 10 lbs to reach 203 lbs
Shrinking Girl: Lose 7 lbs to reach 177 lbs
JudiAB: Lose 5 lbs
Tummy Girl: Maintain at or below 135 lbs and body fat of 21-22%
sockmonkey:Lose 10 lbs
PrairieChick: Lose 10 lbs
tigga: Lose 10 lbs
Taurie: Reach 119 lbs
tyla: Lose 5 lbs to reach 140 lbs
Late to the Game: Lose 6 lbs
NebraskaGirl: Lose 7 lbs
Ms Perception: Fit comfortably into size 6's and reach 24% body fat
jellofer2: Reach 233 lbs
busymovinmama: Eat fruits, veggies, beans and whole grains everyday
BeautyandtheBeast: Lose 10 lbs to reach 148.8 lbs
RockyMtnGirl: Lose 15 lbs
Shea5: Lose 14 lbs
Gekster: Reach 271 lbs (lose 7 lbs)
Slimming: Lose 10 lbs
Miss Mallee: Lose 10 lbs
nellonello: Lose 6 lbs
mystical: Lose 5 lbs
bbybear712: Lose 10 lbs
trishn222: Lose 6 lbs
princess2323: Lose 5 lbs
MeoxMix: Lose 8 lbs
shutterbug84: Lose 12 or more pounds to be at or below 200 lbs
jazzafg: Lose 5 lbs to reach 205 lbs
kris2008: Lose 9 lbs to reach 165 lbs
MotherMe: Lose 6 lbs and get into Onederland
canadianangel: Reach 185 lbs and fit into the jeans on the mirror ;)
Hannahs Nana: Lose 10 lbs
jiggles77: Lose 5 lbs
Jessie Rose: Lose 10 lbs and wear favorite jeans without muffin top
rubyru: Lose 10 lbs
Bigmid: Lose 7-9 lbs to reach Onederland
Emilia LaCasuela: Lose 8 lbs
helpmelose: Lose 9 lbs
hotstuff: Lose 8 lbs
Lori Ann: Lose 15 lbs
jleeson: Lose 6 lbs and fit into size 34 jeans
girlieyorkie: Lose 8 lbs
ShellyK0622086: Lose 10 lbs
Sunflower38: Lose 10 lbs
dollypie: Lose 10 lbs
LBLazy: Lose 10 lbs to reach 165.2 lbs
tryintoloseit4good: Lose at least 5 lbs
KimL1214: Get back down to 260 lbs
VickieLou: Reach 220 lbs
Muffentop: Lose 10 lbs to reach 239.2 lbs
christies6pack: Lose 10 lbs
BrainBabiesBe: Lose 2-3 lbs to reach 175-176 lbs
LaurenA: Reach Onederland
bigmomma: Lose 8 lbs
Nella: Lose 8 lbs
ilunikavi: Reach 205 lbs
Scatterheart: Lose 10.8 lbs
Tiffrutherf: Lose 10 lbs to reach 239
Lewisempire: Reach 205 lbs/10% Loss

jellofer2 01-12-2010 12:18 PM

Ok. so, eating POP no change, eating off plan no change. Working out 5-6 days per week, no change. more calories out than in and still no change.

239.8 today. What the heck. So I went and took it out on the treadmill and still am in a funk. Talked to the trainer and he says to be patient. I am tired of being patient. I have sat at this number +/- 3 pounds for 2 months already. I need to see some movement. He mentioned not eating enough and/or overtraining. But to just be patient.

So, I have done some research and am going to add Ocotea oil to my list of daily supplements. It has been shown to relieve stree and excess cortisol, trim belly fat, curb cravings, improve metabolism nad balance blood sugar.

Physical therapist thinks that I have lymphedema in the right leg. Which may explain the constant swelling. Her and I also feel that the knee is eventually going to have to be fixed. Great. Just what I wanted to hear today.

Great to see everyone doing so well.

Nella----I know just what you mean about losing weight to get pg. I am doing the same thing.

Ms P can you please change my goal to 233 for this month. I think I am putting too much pressure on myself.

Thanks to you all.

Jen