Weight Loss Buddies VI

You're on Page 7 of 28
Go to
  • AJ- We set our date for May 14, 2011... so with it being a year and a half a way hopefully I can at least be close to my goal before I shop for dresses. We haven't set a place yet, but we're on a budget since him and I will be paying for the wedding. It won't be huge- but I'm hoping it will still be perfect =)
  • Hopefalls - Glad to see I'm not the only newbie! I'm getting married in June of 2011, so we're really close in wedding dates as well! We're also on a tight budget, but luckily I'm the crafty type and I have a graphic design shop, so I can easily do all of our Save-the-Dates, Invitations, Wedding Programs... you just have to get a bit creative and you can have a frugal but fantastic wedding! I'm trying to lose 100lbs exactly by my wedding date!!!! I need to lose most of it before going dress shopping in about August or September!

AJ, the only reason I've been on a couple mission trips is just because of kids, they're so sweet and if I can give a couple weeks out of my life to make their childhood more of a fun, carefree childhood, what's better than that? A 12 year old should not be supporting their siblings because they've lost their parents to AIDs, there are just so many sad situations and so many kids growing up too fast...
  • Staccie-turkey pasta would be yummy. Gonna make baked chicken tonight. Im so proud of you for eating clean with how busy you are these days, sometimes it can be hard. You're amazing.

Popcorn-parties parties parties. I have one Saturday to go to. Gonna keep my calories to a minimum during the day so I can enjoy dinner, but still gonna be sensible.

Neesy-yay for losing a lb. We will understand if you are away while your hubby is home

AJ-Your exercise plans sounds like it could get you back on the right track. I need to up my exercise too. There is so much snow right now so I cant get out and walk. I really wish I had a treadmill. I have been working out on the wii at night. Im loving wii fit plus, you can customize your workout. Africa! How exciting and yea bring me back a cute little baby or 2 or 3. You might have to take an extra suitcase for all the little ones you bring back.

Dance-glad you found a sec to check in. Good for you for dumping the cookies. I still have all those cookies I got at the cookie walk. I have only had, I think, 2 so far so not bad. I plan on taking some to Alabama and some to the party this weekend.

cc-I'm a calorie counter. Well a calorie guesstimator. I try to exercise everyday. I might take a rest day once a week lately. Really trying to get to onederland before December 22nd(trip to Alabama to see my fam)

Kitty-doing good here. Getting workouts in and eating good. How about you?

Hopefalls-mom is feeling a little better, not too much, but some. Thanks for asking. Your workout sounds amazing, great job. I watched Biggest Loser too. I am addicted to that show, but after 8 seasons, I am still fat but at least I am working on it now. May 14th, thats 4 days before my anniversary. 2010 will be 8 years for us. Congrats

Rockymtn-Congrats on your upcoming wedding too. It so exciting and stressful all at the same time, right.

Stuck at home today, uuggghhh, snowed in. But at least I can get some housework done and a couple workouts if I get really motivated. Still at 201 today. Ready to see 200. Maybe tomorrow. Gonna have baked chicken and cauliflower for dinner. Gotta find a good gift for secret santa for the party this weekend. Any suggestions, $25 limit. Hope youre all having a great day.
  • I just realized I am 8 lbs away from my halfway mark. So 193 will be my next minigoal.
  • Rayne- You're doing soooo great. You'll be in the 1's and to your midway point in no time.

It's good to see all the new people! The more the merrier=)

I have been sooooo bad today and yesterday. I ate out pretty much all of my meals. Ok.. so back on my diet tomorrow.. though I'm sad cuz I'm losing my booty and breasts.. crap. Oh.. I did go shopping today.. got some lingerie for my husband's visit. I'm so excited. haha.. and if I don't say so myself.. I look hot in them. haha.. I can definitely tell a difference. My stomach is way flatter too.. so yay.. I still have a way to go to become bikini ready for next summer. haha I work the next 2 days.. so I know I'll be good. Busy=good. TTYL!!!!
  • Hi all!

Slow day on the forum Well I am on day 3 clean eating...woo hoo. Considering my schedule, the stress and stuff I am pretty happy - now I need to integrate working out just as much! Tomorrow I will weigh in and see what it says....

I don't have much to share, just working like a dog - I started at 4AM this morning and just getting home now at 7PM - tomorrow is not so bad.

Rayne - I want to celebrate getting to 100's with you...exciting!!! And yeah for halfway goal too - that is awesome!

Neesy - great to hear about the lingerie, I bet that is a really great feeling!

Welcome to the newcomers, I hope to be more engaged soon - at least on the weekends for now

Well I'd better get ready for bed, I am sooo tired!!! Heading to the gym tomorrow morning - and looking forward to it
  • Ello all! All these lucky brides!

I am making indian food. I hope to do it in moderation and I am trying to make it healthier. SPICY!!!

------------------------------------------------

I am done now and it was way way too spicy. My nose is running and my mouth in on fire. lol.

It was good though because I didn't eat as much as I use to because it was too hot =)
  • Neesy-bet you had fun buying lingerie now that you are smaller. Im losing my booty too and my hubby is not too happy about it, lol.

Staccie-wow, I dont know how you do those long days, 4 am. I am lucky to get up by 10 these days. I really need to start getting to bed earlier. You are doing great eating clean.

AJ-indian food, yum. I love spicy food. I am thinking about getting mexican tomorrow when we are out. Not too sure yet. Dont want to gain any back.

Glad we have a truck with 4 wheel drive to get out of the driveway tomorrow. Maybe we will see more of everyone over the weekend. Have a good night everyone.
  • Glad to see everyone hanging in there. On an awesome note, My fiancee and I have to go to Kays on Sunday to get my engagement ring resized. It fit perfectly in May, and now I have to wear it on my middle finger because when I'm cold it nearly falls off! It was one of those moments that kind of made me smile.

I was supposed to make it into the gym last night but that didn't happen. I got my TOM today, and so I was feeling incredibly achy and tired- especially coupled with the awesome workout the day before. But today is cycling with Irene, so I'll try to get another 45 minute stairmaster, cycling, and then maybe some abs. I can do this... I weighed myself on the scale and though it's not even close to official weigh in- I have to say I'm stoked!

But it's going to be a very challenging weekend! Tomorrow I took my last vacation day of the year and I'm going to my mom and we're making Christmas cookies: Bon bons, chocolate chip, peanut butter, cut outs, monster cookies, and chocolate italian. So there's challenge number one. I'm going to the gym with my sister first thing tomorrow morning before going over there, and I've told myself I can have TWO cookies. That's it tomorrow. It's all about moderation, not deperivation. Gonna bring some healthy snacks and a lunch, and then some gum to try to keep myself under control.

Then Saturday we have a gathering at my house. Every year we have a little holiday themed party... play some Christmas movies and such. Having brownies, Christmas cookies, Chips and salsa, a cheese dip and chips, tuna ball... all sorts of unhealthiness! But my sister who is in this with me and a member here at 3FC is bringing a veggie tray, and I think I'm gonna pick up some fresh fruit to put out. And try to have some small meals inbetween to keep mysely under control. I guess we'll know how bad I did when I step on the scale on Sunday! Well, I hope that everyone has an amazing Thursday... will check here after my workout tonight!

Jen
  • Jen - That's awesome you've lost enough to need a ring resized! We bought mine about 3 weeks ago and it was about 1/4 to 1/2 size too big and I'm waiting to resize until I drop some weight and it gets dangerously loose! My fiance thought I was crazy when I said fingers do get smaller when you lose weight!

I'm in charge of bringing Christmas Appetizers this year, any ideas besides a veggie and fruit tray I can bring that will be healthy but still yummy?
  • Good morning everyone!

I was feeling thin this morning but I resisted the temptation to get on the scale and will wait until Saturday - my official weigh in day. I didn't want to be too disappointed and since the scale can really move up and down a lot with hormones and water weight I try really hard not to do it more than once a week. I get pretty frustrated when I work hard and the scale doesn't move or moves in the wrong direction. Aren't you proud of me that I resisted the urge?

Hope - that is really cool about your engagement ring needing to be resized! I love when my wedding ring is too loose. Of course that is not usually the case but will be when I hit my goal. Good job on planning healthy alternative for your party this weekend.

Neesy - buying lingerie is fun especially when you have a new body to show off. I must stand alone though on the boobs. I have always been happy with the way mine were shaped and when I started putting on weight they were not even getting fat evenly. That is actually one of the things that inspired me to lose weight two years ago. I tend to carry most of my weight in my butt and legs so when my chest started looking like crap I knew it was time to do something. Regarding the back end - I could never lose enough of it. I bet you really look great, it is just not what you are used to looking at in the mirror.

AJ - I love spicy food too although I have never had Indian food. It is great when you can find a way to make the foods you like healthier and they still taste good. Right now I am on a soup kick but I have been buying it from the grocery deli.

Burgundy - I am getting excited about you reaching the 200 mark and then dropping below. Can't wait to hear from you when it happens.

Staccie - you are a machine! I bet the Energizer Bunny couldn't keep up with your schedule. Kudos to you for having 3 days of clean eating.

Rocky - I am not much of a cook but how about adding a cheese tray with crackers. I try to stick to mainly the cheese because it is protein and some dairy. Also maybe you can make some of those wheels/roll ups that use a flour tortilla with a spread and some filling that you roll then slice them up. Fill them with healthy but tasty ingredients and they offer an alternative to the boring cheese, veggie and fruit trays. Shrimp and salmon are nice alternatives though a little pricey.

Dancer - I have finally decided on my holiday resolution: to eat desserts/goodies in moderation. That way I can still have/taste them and not feel deprived. While that may sound easy for me it really is not. I tend to oversugar myself during the holidays. I will try to check in here regularly to let you guys know how I am doing - that will help me stick to it - I hope.

CC and Kitty - we are out here if you need motivation or someone to lean on.

Alyssa, Simple and Tiff - hope to hear from you guys soon.

I hope I am motivated to get my exercise in this evening since I am already dragging butt today.

Sending out good vibes to all of you even though the holidays are filled with temptation and stress.
  • Hi all,

Quick check in before I head out for the day...

I finally made it to the gym for a real workout and it felt awesome, it's all tied up now I did a spin class and literally felt the work stress lift out of me, it was weird...

Anyway I am off to work, I have hardly any meetings today so I will check in later and read all your posts!
  • HI CHICKADEES!!!!

Oh how Ive missed you so!!!! I know a lot of the newbies are going to probably "welcome me", lol...no need for the welcomes, just a "its about time Lindy"---haha! I went on a 3 week hiatus, I have been one of the founding members of this forum since last year and needed to step away for a while from diet, exercise and 3FC to focus on ME and collect myself. Anyway, Im back! I would like to say Im going to rewind and read but who am I kidding so if anyone is interested, please give me a snap shot of any milestones. I know from AJ (because we talk daily through yahoo) that Dance got a house - YAY, thats awesome! What is your plan with the old house? Sorry to make everyone be redundent because I got lazy but I wont be moving forward.

Whats new with me...think...think...think. I have been sick as **** for 2 weeks, still am, on the positive side, I lost 5 more pounds, so I am officially at 160, woo-woot! I found out I have a hernia that has to be removed sometime in January and Im in stage 2 for developing Malanoma (AGAIN!), so I have surgery scheduled at the end of the month for that as well. Lastly, and on a very sad note, one of my best friends, Tara passed away this week. She had cancer of the cervix, which moved to her lymphnodes, then to her brain, causing her brain to develop a tumor and then the tumor caused her to go brain dead....alll within 3 months and she was only 29. God almighty. Wow....Im just full of good news. Ok, no more bad news, Im going to stay positive. Once I am a 100% better I am going to get back into my strict gym routine. I am extremely happy that the Christmas temptations have not detoured me and made me gain weight. I am eating but in moderation and I am happy with that. Hmmmm...other news, nothing really I guess, still moving and grooving in the dating scene and enjoying every bit of it; poor AJ, she gets all the crappy details, lol.

Cant wait to start reading everyone elses posts. Take care.
  • Lindy - It's sooooo good to see you here - major congrats on your continued losses although I'm so sorry to hear you haven't been well and the melanoma stuff - ouch. Where do you have to have it removed from? And soo sooo sad about your friend - what a tragic thing.

hopefalls- what an awesome ring-related NSV - that must be a huge motivator!

Staccie - you are such a stud with your workouts - way to go. Hang in there with all the mad crazy work stress!

aj - your indian food thread had me drooling - it's my absolute favorite but I've only had it once since I started dieting in may as I just don't know how to do moderation when naan bread is involved I can't wait to see you here in Denver and can definitely be flexible about when/where to get together as I know how crazy it is when you're back in town after a long absence and you have tons of people to see. My bf is gone from 12/20-12/24 (he gets back the evening of xmas eve) so I'm especially flexible during that time and will probably be working from home Mon-Weds. I hear you on the carb issues - I had fiber bars for dinner one night this week - not exactly a balanced meal but oh well

burgundy - love your new avatar pic - you have THE MOST gorgeous skin!

neesy - woohoo on the new lingerie - how fun! I've only bought new boring cotton undies and bras to replace the ones that were too big. I guess I'm kind of waiting to get to goal - but I love that you're celebrating the whole ride So glad you get catch up time with your hubby soon!

popcorn - like the moderation idea - keep us posted on how that goes!!

rockymtngirl - I like hummus and homemade pita toasts as an appetizer - not super christmassy but yummy - you heat the oven to 375 and cut wholewheat pitas into eighths (or whatever), brush lightly with olive oil (or a PAM spray would probably work), sprinkle with salt and oregano and put in the oven for around 10 min. They might need a few more minutes to get crispy and a little brownish around the edges. Hope that helps! I also serve them with what I call 'turkish salsa' - chop up tomatoes and let them drain in a strainer, add a bit of tomato paste, some very finely chopped onion, salt, a TB of olive oil, oregano, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Same concept as salsa, just a bit more middle-eastern tasting.

Cabinets are now painted and back up with all my kitchen stuff put away - HUGE SIGH OF RELIEF! Now I have to start getting ready for the new appliances on Tues - that means emptying out the fridge/freezer and other fun stuff...

Hugs and lots of love all around to my best girls!! I will try to stay in better touch as you guys mean the world to me and help me stay grounded. I'm going for a walk with a buddy tonight so am finally getting normal (not running up and down the stairs, carrying boxes around) type exercise. Will try and fit in some running this weekend too. Take care, all!
  • Popcorn- I have never been a huge soup person only because I don't like meat very much. I like veggie chili and any potato soup =) Indian food is a total hit or miss. I ate it a few times and it was terrible and went to one good restaurant and it changed my life =)

Staccie- I am so proud of you! You rock. I am seriously a pile of shiiiiiiiiip*

Lindy- Welcome back. Well to the forum. You know I love you and your dating adventures! I feel honored to get to hear the nitty gritty!!

Dance- Sorry to tease you. Its my weakness too! BIG TIME! I had 2 pieces of naan today and it ate almost 3/4 my calories! Booo. We will have to go walking or something. I saw Denver in a solar power commercial today and it made me extra home sick!

I am not sure how my house became such a friggin mess but my life and my house usually match. Food has been bad. My life feels so icky right now. Just ready to go home for christmas. Skinny or fat I am ready to be home.