Weight Loss Buddies VI

You're on Page 4 of 28
Go to
  • Jen - welcome!

AJ - how did your guest-less day go?

I'm still at work so being busy is keeping me from eating but unfortunately it's kind of getting in the way of exercising too. My after dinner plan tonight is to get out the xmas decorations before my girlfriends come over on Sunday for holiday cocktails.

Okay ladies - how about some holiday season resolutions? What's one thing that you won't do this year with all of the temptations that the holiday parties and families gatherings provide?

1) If I need a treat, I get one dessert/week - no more.

Curious to hear what yours are!
  • Quick check in. I was bad and got chinese for dinner, but gonna work my butt off tomorrow and try to be down to 201 sunday. Water water water.

All our lurkers out there need to do a quick check in, YALL KNOW WHO YOU ARE, lol.

Have nice quiet day planned for tomorrow.

Dance-I wont overindulge and eat whatever is in site just cos its there and its christmas. I am going to be sensible and not just think with my stomach cos something looks good. I wont make it to onederland if I shove whatever in my mouth. Only have one christmas get together planned, hope no more than that pop up. Plus we are going to Alabama in 18 days and I have to stay on track while there. Dont have to go to 20 restaurants while we are there just cos we dont have them here. Last time I was there, I think I gained 6 or 7 lbs, not gonna happen this time.

Im going to bed, been up since 6 and its almost 1 now.
  • wow seriously. I think this is the time of year we are all gonna need support, so where is everyone?
  • I am here Burgundy AND with BIG news..........

I did my railroad trail hike with my friend this morning, starting in 20 degree weather....brrrrrr. We walked the whole trail - 8 MILES!!!!!!! Plus we did it in two hours and 5 minutes. We were both a little sore as I did not get to prep for this as much as I had planned but it felt great to do it.

And more big news although those who are going at ticker reading may guess.....

but tomorrow is reporting day for weight for the week so I will officially announce my weight then ...

in the meantime in the battle between me and my metabolism ...

Metabolism is down for the count!

Dancer - I like your question and am going to have to think about my answer.

Have a good day everyone - hoping to get my house decorated and have a date night with hubby at The Nutcracker.
  • Hi all - boy oh boy I need to check in more often - it's been just so hard to do this at work when someone is always at my desk or I am in meetings. I've been cramming in as much sleep as possible too. I really need to learn how to post from my blackberry - that is my goal this weekend. Otherwise I am afraid I will never get to check in during the week.

Well I don't have much to report on since my life revolves around work. Working out, eating properly and all that have gone to the wayside and I'm upset about it. I just don't know how to focus on two big things at the same time. But I'm not going to dwell on it, just try and do better.

Lots of people have kind of permanently dropped off...I bet everyone will be back with a vengence in January. Me, I prefer to start getting into my new year's self this month to avoid the bandwagon in January - way too much pressure

Burgandy - 201 is yours...so close to 199 - so awesome!

AJ - how are things going - are you fairing up ok?

Dance - busy life you have too - at least you are maintaining and that is good!

Popcorn - sounds like you had a good weigh in...your post sounds pretty cheery!!

Alyssa - sleep - oh and the importance of it - I know...

Dance - one thing I am going to do - just don't eat a whole cake
  • Hi Ladies,

Just a quick check in to let you know I'm alive. this will be a selfish quickie post, so here goes...

Haven't been to the gym in almost a month, my back is still giving me problems and I'm taking muscles relaxers and pain meds to maintain it. I'm still maintaining at 225, which I'm not proud of, but I have been eating total crap for the past few weeks, so I guess maintaining isn't too bad. Then, went to the doc today and found out that Madeline and I both have bronchitis. So...life is just peachy right now.

I go to the doc on the 21st and find out what the heck can be done about my back. One day it's fine and the next I can't stand up straight. I don't know what to do at this point, so I'm just frustrated.

Hope you are all doing well on your weight loss journey.
  • Hey Vicky - sorry to hear about your health - how frustrating!! But thanks for checking in!

I'm still cleaning and procrastinating...lol. I'm going for a walk later today after my dentist around the seawall - clear my mind, clear my sanity Oh and help reduce the size of my evergrowing arse
  • Hello all!

Popcorn- Great job!!!! WOOOHOOOOOOO! You have done fantastic!

Dance- I like pudding as a sweet replacement. 60cal boston cream pie or dark chocolate!!

Staccie- Miss your pretty face! I hope you aren't losing your mind with the para's right around the corner!!

Vicky- It is so nice to hear from you. I am sorry that you are in so much pain. I have fibromyalgia and understand what it is like to live with back pain. I chose not to take the pain pills and the muscle relaxers because of dependancy. (fear of) I hope you get that solved soon!!!

I am still struggling. I am going to track food but we are so broke right now that I have a pantry full of soup, cereal and cheap stuff. I am going to try to stay at 1200-1500 cals a day but its hard when all I have is starches.

I still want this I am just struggling to make it happen =(
  • Hey Ladies, how is everyone doing? I hope that everyone is hanging in there. I'll just tell you all a little bit about myself really quick. My name is Jen and I'm 25, engaged to be married to my guy of almost 5 years. I'm the happiest I've been in a long time. I've been struggling with my weight for years, and have been working hard to lose weight for about 16 months... I started at 209 pounds and when I weighed in yesterday I was 163 pounds. I've been doing really well eating and getting into the gym lately despite the holiday season. This past week I went down 2.4 pounds... stoked about that!

Popcorn- Sounds like an awesome hike. I haven't gone hiking in ages... and twenty degrees? Sooo cold. I give you a lot of credit. I'm a wimp lol I'd rather workout in the gym where I'm not totally frozen to bits ;D

Dance- For me it's all going to be about portion control. During the week I do awesome and hit the gym Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and usually one day on the weekend. And my food is usually pretty on point. So as long as I do well with everything else I am going to allow myself to taste a few little treats, but not go overboard. Next week I'm going to my mom's to bake cookies. I think I'm going to allow myself two cookies. IF I get in a long workout that morning and do well the rest of the week.

Is there a set day that you girls normally weigh in? Or is it just whenever you choose. I normally check in on Fridays which is why I asked =) Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
  • hopefalls- Welcome!!! We weigh in on Sundays. You can weigh in on Fridays but our official is Sundays. Almost all of us are missing in action right now. I know every one will be back after the holidays! We have a pretty awesome group of gals that have been together for 1 year- this month =)
  • YAY, I like it when there is something to read.

Popcorn-by the looks of those smileys, you have good news for tomorrow. And congrats on your hike but yikes at the 20 degree weather.

Staccie-things sound crazy for you there. How many days? Did you get your walk in by the seawall?? That would be so nice.

Vicky-so sorry to hear about your back. Keeping my fingers crossed that the dr figures something out to help you. Help you and maddie get over bronchitis quickly.

AJ-been there with the broke thing, having to eat whatever is cheap. You can do it though, just use portion control.

Hopefalls-welcome!!! What did you do to lose 46 lbs?
  • Oh hit post too soon.

I was up a lb today so really hoping to be back down tomorrow. I dont know if I will hit 201. I really really want to but am not gonna get my hopes up too much. Havent worked out yet today. Gonna talk to my sisters for a while then do that. Hope everyone is having a great night.
  • Burgandy - step away from the scale...lol as long as it doesn't demotivate you - all good!

AJ - I am puss n boots - lol - can you get some cheap veggies??
  • Good Morning Everyone!

I officially WI this morning at 148.2...which means that I've lost about 5lbs since the start of the challenge...wha wha wha...just kidding...I'll take it! Now that I'm not training again until the challenge is over i'll get to focus more energy on weight loss and not have the pressure of performing. Yeah! Things are going well here the last few days...I still am not counting calories, and after a few bumps it really seems to be working for me...I really forces me to pay more attention to what my body needs, my behavior around food and the quality of food I'm eating. When I counted calories everything was fair game as long as I added it up...I would also tend to do wierd things like plan all my meals and then eat them all early on in the day so that by the evening I was starving... So anyways, just an update on that. Today for me is work out, work, church, concert...in that order...not sure what I'm going to do about meals but I'll figure something out...

Popcorn
    - I was so glad to see you went hiking! Where I live there is hiking trails all around and it is truly one of my favorite things to do! Can't wait to here what your good news is ;-)

Burgundy- Your are so close! If WI is stressing you out maybe you should avoid the scale for a few days...just a suggestion.

Stacee- I love your "beat the band wagon to the New Year" mentality! It such a strange phenomenom... I remember when I went to Weight Watchers meetings the attendance would almost double after the new year, and then in less than a month or so it would be back to normal...go figure. If you really want to do it why not start now! I totally feel your pain about the work stress. That's a huge thing for me too...I am a total stress eater and as my work is incredibly emotionally stressful. Last night when I was running drop-in one of the youth OD and passed out in his chili...I got to call 911 and the whole 9-yards... I handled it relatively well, but I know if I had been at not such good place I would totally have taken it out on the chocolate chip cookies...one day at a time right?

AJ- Do you have any grocery stores with bulk bins? They usually have things like dried beans, peas, whole grains and other good stuff for cheaper than you would buy it on the shelf. P.S. I admire your desire to not go the way of pain killers...I've seen people walk that road and it rarely goes well.

Vickie
    - So glad you are back! Sorry to here about your pain and lung crud...hopefully the doc's will have some answers for you soon...

I almost forgot...My seasonal resoulution is to not take anything home from parties or gatherings...that stuff just sits in my fridge and calls my name until I give in! If I'm pressured to take stuff I'll either give away or throw it out immediately...

Have a great day everyone!
  • Good morning pretty ladies. Today is gonna be great. I have been bummed the last few days about something going on in the family but have come to terms with it and am happy now. I'm also happy because............I MADE IT TO 201 THIS MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just 2 more lbs in 15 days. I can do this.

Staccie-I love the puss n boots, have you seen Shrek the Halls?

Simple-5 lbs is great. I have only lost 3 since the start of the challenge. Im just happy to see a drop. Glad you have a handle on not counting calories and it keeps going good for you.

Cant wait to see more weigh ins. Hope you all are having a great day.