Old 12-02-2009, 09:02 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Simple-congrats on your marathon. I would love to be able to do that one day. I cant bake either, I would end up eating half the cake batter.

AJ-are you drinking plenty of water. Stay away from the pizza!!!!!!

Neesy-4 12s, you are gonna be one tired chick.

Dance-how is all carziness with the house going?

Staccie-you are too funny!!! Glad you are learning so much from your trainer. Hope things arent too crazy for you right now. How many days now?

Popcorn-Im sure with all the outside work you did, you got a workout.

So today was ok. I would have been my MILs 52nd birthday, but she lost her battle with cancer in May 08. Went out to lunch to celebrate her. I had chicken stirfry with loads of veggies. Then for dinner I wasnt in a cooking mood so we had salisbury steak, mashed potatoes and green beans. Havent added up calories yet. But oh well, cant go back and change it so am moving forward and gonna do better tomorrow. Hope everyone is having a good week. Hope we see more posts from everyone soon.

Last edited by burgundyrayne; 12-02-2009 at 09:06 PM.
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:14 PM   #32  
Brown Eyed Staccie

S/C/G: Way too much to "Just Right"

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Quiet day!! What the f...

Well I'm still at work...since 530am and got home at 12am last night. But I am making myself have a slower day tomorrow....

Oh I gotta go be back later...
Brown Eyed Staccie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 09:52 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Hey girls! Sounds like everyone's life is a bit crazy now but we are going to be successful ALL THROUGH THE HOLIDAYS! Right, all?

AJ - we are going to have an ON PLAN day today, you and I - right? I'm going to have 2 eggs for breakfast, a few cuties for a snack, turkey chili and brown rice for lunch and rotisserie chicken and sauteed veggies for dinner. And it is bitter, bitter cold today but I'm going to elliptical for 30 min if I can't get out for a run. You're not going to let me kick your *arse* are you?

I've been focused on other stuff but have been making pretty healthy food choices and although I haven't been working out properly, I've been sweeping and vacuuming and carrying lots of stuff up and down stairs which all has to count somehow. But I just realized that my beach vacation is just over a *MONTH* away - yikes! I need to lose a few inches by then and be a bit less wiggly!

burgundy - 202 - wow, that's fantastic!! What are you going to do to melt away those 2.5 lbs to be fully in onederland!?!

neesy - hang in there with the tough work schedule - that sounds hard but when you're super busy, there's less time to think about what you would most like to be eating, right?

simple - nice to have you around again!! Congrats on your half marathon - you are a super stud! wow!! Baking is really tough for me too - I have a bunch of girls coming over Sunday afternoon and was going to make mini-cupcakes but I think I like them too much. I'll stick with shortbread cookies which I can resist fairly easily and then make a bunch extra for the next day when I have to go to a cookie exchange party. Nothing says diet friendly like a cookie exchange party! Oh well, I'll bring them straight to my bf's afterward so I don't get tempted.

staccie - you amaze me with your stamina! I have to crank it up a few major notches for the next few weeks to finish some big reports and I don't know if I have it in me. But if you can do it, I've got to try, right? Hang in there!

Off to get some work done - hope you all are well. And AJ - I'll start harassing you over email if you don't join me in some on-plan-ness!
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 09:57 AM   #34  
I'm A Work In Progress!

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/170

Height: 5'4"

Staccie....it is slow, but I'm at fault for that, as well.

Popcorn....working in the yard can take a lot of muscles and energy. I like raking leaves or shoveling snow because it expends a lot of energy. So, good for you!

Burgundy...your dinners actually don't sound too bad. I LOVE stir fry, especially if it has a lot of veggies. One thing that I do is eliminate the rice and soy sauce (because of sodium) and have at a lot of veggies-as long as it doesn't have any additional sauce/broth in it. YUM!

Simple....baking is hard for me, too. That's why I've chosen not to do it. lol That would just be one horrible nightmare for me! lol

Well, I've been up and down lately. There are some things going on with me. First of all, I have not been getting sleep lately. I can't go to bed early because no one else in my house really goes to sleep before 11:30 or so. UGH!!! You see, my husband stays home with my 2 and 4 year olds, and they don't have to get up at any certain time. Well, they make it heck for me to try to go to bed on time (10 p.m.-ish), and sometimes I even get a guilt-trip for wanting to go to sleep that 'early' because I don't spend enough time with them. Plus the fact that I really can't concentrate on studying until the kids go to sleep, and if they don't go to sleep until 11, I'm screwed. I'm so frustrated with the whole sleeping bit, so I told DH (dear hubby, or dummy hubby depending on my mood) last night that we have GOT to figure something out. And, do you know what he says to me? Well, at least you get 6 hours of sleep. Um, excuse me?! I'm not the one who stays up until 3 a.m. playing poker online or video games. THAT is NOT my fault! Dummy.

Secondly, because of lack of sleep, DH and I are at each other's throats constantly this past week. I absolutely HATE arguing and really just don't have the energy for it.

Then, I have been having some symptoms that really appear, at this point in my cycle, to be pregnancy symptoms. I don't know if I am, but it is possible. Now, they might just be caused from my lack of sleep and stress-but who knows. NOrmally I don't get crampy type feelings when I"m stressed out, nor do my boobs hurt when I'm stressed or tired.

So, all of these together have caused for some highs and lows for me. I have not really eaten at or under my goal of calorie intake every day for the past week, so I have gained a couple of pounds. I'm so truly frustrated and just feel sick of feeling like I'm complaining all of the time. But, I HAD to let it out this morning, and possibly let it go. Maybe get some advice....

I've noticed that I am an emotional eater. When I'm down, I eat. I hate it. I've been STARVING these past couple of days. Which, if I am pregnant, would make sense. But, if I'm not pregnant, wtf?!

Anyway, that's what's going on with me. I hope you all have a good day.
alyssamichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 11:04 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 185/183/130

Dance- yes. It is going to be a good day. I struggle in the evenings so thats when I need accountability! =)

Morning all. I am feeling icky but my mother in law goes home tomorrow so it is going to get a whole lot easier to diet as of tomorrow. No more eating out! I have a crazy day. Hope you all stay skinny. At least skinnier than me!
ajowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 11:43 AM   #36  
Making Peace With Food

S/C/G: 215/153.4/120

Good Morning Friends,

So the baking did go terribly, but all that's left is a slice of cake in the fridge...hopefully now I can call it a wrap for the holidays...It sucks because I really enjoy it...maybe someday I'll have enough self-control to pull it off...a girl can dream right?

Today is work in the morning, and then meeting up with my sister and the baby she nanies for lunch. After work I hope to hit the gym for quick workout and then I meet a group at my church to help clean. Just about as much excitement as I can handle...

Dance- YES! We are going to make it through the holidays! Way to keep us motivated! Good call forgoing the mini-cupcakes...sometimes I wish I was wise enough not to get myself into those situations. Instead I just always think I can do it and then feel bad when I mess up...uhg! Lol about the cookie exchange. I've fouund that after the inital baking is done they can actually be pretty diet friendly. I just stick em' in the freezer or out of sight until Christmas and then I have cookies to serve to my friends without any baking needing to be done.

Alyssa- Sounds like you have a lot of stress in your life right now! I kinda just want to smack your hubby on the back of the head and ask him what the heck he is thinking...and you could possiby be pregnant? Geez! That would be a lot for anyone to handle.

Off to work now...Talk to ya's later

P.S What happened to Lindy and Vicki?
SimpleRhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 02:20 PM   #37  
Portion Control

Hey everyone.

I am still struggling to get back into an exercise routine. I have not actually worked out since my 4.5 mile walk on Thanksgiving morning and I am supposed to meet my friend on Saturday for our 8 mile walk.

Tonight I probably won't be able to get it in either because I have a volunteer commitment right in the middle of the evening. Not any time to exercise before hand and I probably won't feel up to it afterwards.

Simple - all things considered I think you did pretty darn good with the baking temptation. I would have been eating out of control. Baked goods are definitely a weakness for me. No cookie has ever made it to a freezer status in my house.

Alyssa - I am so sorry about the stress and I am keeping my fingers crossed that you aren't pregnant. You are so right that hubby has no one to blame but himself if he is keeping the kids up too late and then playing on the computer till the wee hours of the morning. I hope that venting here helped you relieve some of the stress.

AJ - Visiting relatives, particularly a mother-in-law, can certainly wreak havoc on a diet. Tomorrow can be a fresh start for you.

Burgundy - It sounds like you are sooo close to Onederland! Keep on trucking!

Dancer - Try to stay focused on those sensible eating choices you are making and I think you will see some results before your vacation. I feel that if you can only do one thing for weight loss, that food intake is more important than the exercise. I have seen disabled people who cannot exercise lose weight with smart food choices.

Staccie - I like your hair - very flattering. I hope your day today is going at a slower pace.

That is it for today girls. I just want to get back into a routine but I am feeling stressed trying to get everything done I want to do for the holidays. My S-I-L and I always say that dieting is a full time job and it seems that is all you can focus on if you want to be successful. I just hate making everything else slide.

If I can get this weight back off - just shoot me if I put it back on again. It was not worth those ridiculous night time binges.
PopcornGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 06:33 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Today was pretty much crap! I dont think I ate enough calories. Maybe tomorrow will be better. Still fighting to make it to onederland. I will try to check in later to do personals.
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 08:33 PM   #39  

Rayne- HUGSSSSS*********
Old 12-04-2009, 09:50 AM   #40  
I'm A Work In Progress!

Burgundy...I hope today is better for you!!! HUGS

Popcorn....I've been feeling the same way. If I want to lose the weight and exercise, I feel like that's all I can concentrate on. Ugh. It's so aggravating because I have sooo much more going on in my life than this. Hopefully I'll get the hang of it so that I won't have to just concentrate on this journey.

I thought that I gained some weight. Well, I did. .5 pounds! LOL I've been exercising about 4 times a week, so even that is better than nothing. It's coming to be finals time, so I have to concentrate on my finals and still be able to exercise.

I finally got eight hours of sleep last night. I don't know what's going on with my family, but they get to sleep in later than I EVER get to, unless I'm sick. So, I just let them deal with themselves last night. I'm sure dh is going to be crabby today, but quite frankly, I don't care. He doesn't like me to point out to him that I have to leave the house every morning by 7:30-7:45, so I NEVER get to sleep in like they do. They can get over it. I feel great today! lol (I'm so mean, but seems that I have to be if I want to get the things that I need to take care of me).
Old 12-04-2009, 09:55 AM   #41  
I'm A Work In Progress!

What are your ladies' plans for exercise/food this weekend? Any good winter meal recipes you wanna share?
Old 12-04-2009, 02:29 PM   #42  

No winter recipes here. The MIL is gone and I am back on track. I had a egg mc muffin for breakfast but its only 320 so thats fine. Going to have clementines for lunch and snacks then have a moderate dinner.

I miss you guys! I feel like life has been so slow with out you. I am back now so you guys come back and talk to me!!!!
Old 12-04-2009, 05:59 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

alyssa - glad you got some good sleep - what a difference that makes! I can't believe how late your little ones stay up!

burgundy - hope today is going better - it's almost the weekend!

aj - woohoo for having control over your life back! As much as we love visitors, it really throws off your ability to focus on diet and exercise.

I've been majorly unfocused and am barely fitting in any official exercise but I'm staying at the exact same weight which seems crazy. I really need to get focused though if I want to fit into any cute clothes on my vacation - deep breath - okay, we can do this, right?

I'm making tortilla soup (without the tortillas) tonight for dinner. Shredded chicken breast in a broth that's half tomato sauce, half chicken broth with some sauteed onion and garlic and hot sauce or cayenne pepper to taste. I sprinkle cheese on top and nf sour cream.

TGIF!
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 06:37 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 209/149/140

Hey Ladies,

I just happened to notice this thread and it really caught my eye. Mostly as a way of being accountable and having the constant support. Wasn't sure if it was open for new people to join, but if so I would love to join the thread. You all seem to be doing great- right now I'm doing the best that I ever have with my weight loss. I'll check back later =) Have a fantastic weekend!

Jen
hopefalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:26 PM   #45  

Jen- You are always welcome here. Its a bit slow right now but it will pick back up and you won't even be able to keep up =)