Old 12-10-2009, 04:43 AM   #61  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandk0204 View Post
I'm in...
This morning I was at 201 (OMG) hopefully in a few days I will be 199!!! Its been at least 10 years since I've been in onederland.
WOW! Keep going girl, you're going to be there any day now!
salsa chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 06:28 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Quote:
I'm in...
This morning I was at 201 (OMG) hopefully in a few days I will be 199!!! Its been at least 10 years since I've been in onederland.
YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimming View Post

Purplefirefly - Congrats on your 5K! It looks like we're both into races. I did a 5K last month, and now I'm training for a 1/2 marathon. I have a lot of terrain to cover..I'm not even close to being ready for the 1/2 marathon. Plus, having this extra weight that I have to carry around really puts a lot of stress on my knees, so i have to be careful how I train. The weight is slowly coming off, but not near as fast as I'd like for it to. Hopefully, I will be much lighter by the time the 1/2 rolls around. Keep me abreast of your training. We can do this together!

Do you walk or run? I love the idea of races, but these are going to be my first ones. I am pushing myself because I have a serious social anxiety disorder and getting out there and walking in a race BY MYSELF is going to seriously be a huge turning point for me...hard to explain, but it will be a huge step out of my personal shell, we'll just say that.

Anyway, I am following training plans by Hal Higdon (all posted for free at halhigdon.com), so doing the 5K right now then will immediately start the 10K, then the half marathon. Then I will hopefully be light enough to do the C25K and finish out the year running the final event...it's only 3.5K so it's a great "starter run" I am just scared to start really running until I have more of the weight off. I hear so many people talk about injuries, etc. from running heavy.
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 12:02 PM   #63  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplefirefly View Post
YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!

Do you walk or run? I love the idea of races, but these are going to be my first ones. I am pushing myself because I have a serious social anxiety disorder and getting out there and walking in a race BY MYSELF is going to seriously be a huge turning point for me...hard to explain, but it will be a huge step out of my personal shell, we'll just say that.

Anyway, I am following training plans by Hal Higdon (all posted for free at halhigdon.com), so doing the 5K right now then will immediately start the 10K, then the half marathon. Then I will hopefully be light enough to do the C25K and finish out the year running the final event...it's only 3.5K so it's a great "starter run" I am just scared to start really running until I have more of the weight off. I hear so many people talk about injuries, etc. from running heavy.

You guys are really inspiring me with these races! I have found several walking races in my area and Ill start with those. Of course I want to work myself up to running. Lets keep each other motivated.

I count calories........what are you ladies doing as far as diet??? Just curious
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 06:43 PM   #64  
Mz. Matherne

S/C/G: 285/275/150

Thanks guys this morning the scale said 199.6 pounds!! Soo excited now to see if its still on there tomorrow and it wasn't just all in my head lol.
dandk0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 07:34 PM   #65  
Believe...

S/C/G: 245/ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Default update

Matilda08~ Got on the scale this morning before getting in the shower I'm a full 5 lbs lighter without clothes. So I'm updating....instead of 236lbs minus 37lbs to get to 199 onderful, onderland lbs I will be shooting for 32lbs

SW~231 (didn't stray far from ticker weight)
GW~199

Oh I almost forgot...congrats DandK0204 on seeing onderland this morning!

Last edited by Krista; 12-10-2009 at 07:44 PM.
Krista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 07:49 PM   #66  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Smile

dandk0204 on making it to ONDERLAND! I bet it feels Great.

Keep Up the Great Job! I think you are the first one in the challenge to make

it to Onderland.
VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 07:59 PM   #67  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

dandk0204- congrats on making it to onederland!!!!!!

I think onederland is such a huge goal for me I really dont know what I'll do when I make it there but Im sure one of the things will be "crying" tears of joy of course. I havent weighed one something in over ten years. I cant even imagine what I would look like at that weight. I have to keep up my workouts and eating because packing my foods up each day is really what makes or brakes my plan.

I hope all is well with everyone!
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:11 PM   #68  
Move It, Kai

S/C/G: 240/212/145

Height: 5'6"

I was looking through my closet today, and I put all of the clothes that I haven't worn in years to the front, so that I can focus on getting this weight off and fitting into them. It's a mental game for me. If I have my "overweight" clothes at the front, then I feel doomed to have to wear them forever. So, move over "fat clothes", it's time to make way for my "thin and healthy clothes." I like the idea of having "healthy clothes."

Here's a little poem I came up with...

healthy clothes
make me feel like I'm moving in the right direction
healthy clothes
warm my soul
like hot cocoa on a cold day
healthy clothes
soothe my anxiety
because I will wear them soon

healthy clothes
I will wear you
without a button popping off
without holding in my breath
without a zipper malfunctioning
without unzipping jeans when I sit down
without the fabric being stretched when it shouldn't be
without wearing a girdle
without feeling self-conscious

healthy clothes
I will wear you
without love handles sitting on top of you
I will wear you
sooner than I think
because my body is transforming
before my very eyes.

Back OP and committed to get to my goal!
- Day 1 back OP
Slimming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:35 PM   #69  
Move It, Kai

S/C/G: 240/212/145

Height: 5'6"

I'm not sure what happened to my signature on my last post. Oh, well.

Hi, Purplefirefly! - I'm using Hal's program, too! I'm doing the walk/jog program. I wish we were able to walk together. I could use a walking/race buddy. I think that you are doing great! I understand your anxiety because I'm bipolar. I fluctuate between really wanting to race because it will satisfy that competitive edge that I have or completely not wanting to race because I'm afraid that someone will make fun of me...you know, seeing a 200+ lady trying to walk fast and jog... I always think someone's watching my fat jiggle...but I try to get past that and concentrate on getting me "better." I remind myself "why" I am doing this, and I'm usually able to pull myself out of my rut, so that I can continue my training. I like the fact that "I'm training."

Gosh, I used to be a track star in high school. I'd run the mile, the 3 mile, long jump and high jump. I even got offered track scholarships, which I turned down because I didn't want to run track in college. I was ready to hang up my tennis shoes. But within the last few months, out of the blue, the "running bug" has come after me, and there's one problem...I'm 216 lbs, not 126 lbs...big difference, huh? Well, I'm working on getting this weight off.

Purplefirefly we'll do this together!

Matilda - I'm super proud of you! You're going to love the races! It's so much fun! Let me know about how your training is going.

Cherry - Keep up the great work!

Salsa Chip - Congrats on 3 lb loss!

Eliana - Welcome!

I hope everyone has a great OP evening!
Slimming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:31 AM   #70  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

Height: 5'9"

dandk0204 - woooooo! Hurray! Congratulations! A shining example for us all to follow Enjoy onederland!
salsa chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 08:27 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimming View Post

[COLOR="Purple"]Hi, PurplefireflyI fluctuate between really wanting to race because it will satisfy that competitive edge that I have or completely not wanting to race because I'm afraid that someone will make fun of me...you know, seeing a 200+ lady trying to walk fast and jog... I always think someone's watching my fat jiggle...but I try to get past that and concentrate on getting me "better." I remind myself "why" I am doing this, and I'm usually able to pull myself out of my rut, so that I can continue my training. I like the fact that "I'm training."

G
I always feel everyone is staring at me as well, it comes from the social phobia. I even have issues smiling in public because i think if someone sees me happy they will think I look stupid..anyway, we have some similar issues. it makes doing things like a race hard, but I really want to do it and I want to get better as well so I am pushing hard.

You have all that running background so you KNOW you can do this! You've done it before, you can and WILL do it again. The clothes thing was a great idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matilda08 View Post
I cant even imagine what I would look like at that weight.
I always watch the final reveals on biggest loser and wonder what my face will look like thinned out. Will I look like I do in thinner pictures when I was younger, or will I be one of those that look older? I hope younger!

Quote:
Thanks guys this morning the scale said 199.6 pounds!! Soo excited now to see if its still on there tomorrow and it wasn't just all in my head lol.
CONGRATS!!!!! You may be the first one booted out of the group WOOOOHOOO!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matilda08 View Post
You guys are really inspiring me with these races! I have found several walking races in my area and Ill start with those. Of course I want to work myself up to running. Lets keep each other motivated.

I count calories........what are you ladies doing as far as diet??? Just curious
I kind of eat what I want with some rules...I stop eating at 6PM and kinda watch refined carbs because they drain my energy and make me want to nap all day. During the week before TOM I count calories strict as I am driven to eat a lot that week, plus anytime I feel out of control I will start counting strict again.
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 09:03 AM   #72  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Dandk, wow! What an amazing accomplishment. I feel I should be holding a glass of champagne and shouting "Speech, speech!"

I will weigh in on Sunday and see how I'm doing. I have a pact with myself not to weigh too often. I've been weighing about every five days, even though I'm supposed to do it only once a week. So far I've been happy, but the first time the scale is ugly to me, it will be hard to take psychologically. That's why I use the Wii. I do it naked and it's all the way down in the basement. I have to make sure my children are sleeping so they don't walk in on me. Basically...it's not easy access! LOL!

Slimming, I need some smaller clothes in my closet for the same reason...something to work toward. I bought some "new" clothes at the thrift store last night, size 16's. See, my 18's don't fit, so wouldn't it stand to reason that 16's would? I couldn't get any of them buttoned. That was last night. This morning...I could button them. It wasn't pretty. But I could do it. Also last night there was a pair I couldn't get over my thighs and hips. This morning I could. Does a night make that much difference?

Last edited by Eliana; 12-11-2009 at 09:05 AM.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 10:14 AM   #73  
Stepping Up

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 9.5

Thats odd Eliana!

im in for sho!

i was 217 weighed in today with 2 pounds gone

Last time i was 199 was may 2007 and i looked better, not amazing but better

so i am hoping for onederland by feb 18th as im going to the carribean for my honeymoon

so

SW: 217
CW: 215
GW:199

i never have been able to get under 199 by much at all.

hopefully i will this time

im working with 1500 cals day with wiggle room up and down, some days im hungrier than others, go figure huh?

and im going to use my wii fit 3 times a week and my exercise bike as often as i can.

PrettyPaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 12:46 AM   #74  
Mz. Matherne

THANKS!!! I saw 199 again this morning so I'm good to go
I'll stick around a bit to cheer you guys on!

Ya'll can do this...I've been trying for onederland for a year now and finally made it
Old 12-12-2009, 12:48 AM   #75  
Mz. Matherne

Quote:
Slimming, I need some smaller clothes in my closet for the same reason...something to work toward. I bought some "new" clothes at the thrift store last night, size 16's. See, my 18's don't fit, so wouldn't it stand to reason that 16's would? I couldn't get any of them buttoned. That was last night. This morning...I could button them. It wasn't pretty. But I could do it. Also last night there was a pair I couldn't get over my thighs and hips. This morning I could. Does a night make that much difference?
Yep at night you will be heavier, all the water and salt you had during the day makes you bloated.