3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Chicks up for a Challenge

Old 11-20-2009, 10:34 AM   #46
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Well. If food was drugs and alcohol, I just could not stay sober!!! I've been on a slow slide for awhile now. I just have to change my mindset. I keep thinking about how my life will change WHEN. When I get a new job, when I get thin, When, when when. Why not now!?

Then I read something somewhere, I want to say Fitness magazine, and I skimmed over it but, this stuck out for me. If you tell someone else that, say, you are training to run a marathon, they'll say WOW, how great for you, that's so awesome, etc. etc. and carry on. Then you get this boost of self confidence, the validation that you ARE a runner. Then basically you slip off of your plan, because basically, you already got a reward for "being a runner" without doing all the work.

And I think I do that too, if I lose a few pounds or some inches and people start to notice and say something about it, I ride the wave I get from that and basically stall myself. I wonder if we just didn't TELL others what our goals are, do it for ourselves, that would help keep us on track. I just don't know how to put that into practice when others try to encourage me or validate me by complimenting me without me taking it too seriously.

Does that make sense? I did this just this week, telling you gals here and my friends on facebook about going to aerobics monday, I got a cat-tongue bath and then basically blew it the rest of the week. I'm just sayin.

I packed my lunch already for today, ate a healthy breakfast so I'll hop back on today. WEED it out....

W-3-4 liters
E- Breakfast was fiber one and a banana, then I saw some SB dark choc covered soybeans and ate them for a boost of energy. Lunch I packed half a turkey and mustard sandwich, veggies and FF Ranch dip, RF pb on celery, pineapples. Snack I packed a Fiber One bar. Dinner will be grilled (if its not raining) chicken and sweet potatoes (cubed, tossed with 1 tsp olive oil and ranch dressing packet, baked at 350 for about 45 min, its good!) and??? zucchini? or squash if they aren't moldy by now. Hopefully will not need late night snack.
E- community service is kind of exercise for me. I will try but not promise to go to the gym this afternoon, preferably BEFORE dinner but will do what I can.
D- Just hanging in there. My life is changing, I'm close to getting my life back on track, don't let today get me down.

I love you all, I wish you all peace and serenity. xo Michelle
Old 11-20-2009, 05:29 PM   #47
e32

S/C/G: 169/157/135

Height: 5'3"

hi everyone,

i'm giving myself a day off from the gym. TOM and i feel terrible. i know it's short lived though...it's usually just the first 24hrs. i'm actually glad it's here (early) because it's always a relief when it's over, lol. plus, i like the weigh in after

i have a crazy busy rest of the day/weekend coming up but i should be able to get to the gym sat and sun. we'll see.

i have to get going but here's today's weed--will catch up with you ladies soon

W 64+
E walk the dog
E stay away from salt and alcohol
D still on a tornado through my house cleaning list, yay
Old 11-20-2009, 05:32 PM   #48
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Wow, I was the last person to post at 9:30 am and now its 4:30? Where are ya'll?

Holy. ****. You guys, OMG. So for my community service, I've been working at the Habitat for Humanity Restore. But they are closed next week, Wednesday until the following Tuesday. And I have 20 hrs/week until employed (YEAH! I can search for my nursing job NEXT WEEK!!! T minus five days and counting!) Well anyways I had to pick up a second site so they are sending me to the Humane Society. So I decided to go there today to check out what it's all about. Well I gave two puppies baths (that was fun but I got totally wet and stinky like wet dog) then we had to walk them all, over the yard, just acres and acres of land. I walked these damn dogs for 3.5 hours. OMG I am exhausted just from all the walking. And it's hilly. So I know I am OP today! My knees are hurtin!

So. If you need some good exercise, try running dogs around at your local dog shelter. Holy moly.

xo Michelle
Old 11-20-2009, 06:52 PM   #49

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

Seems like I haven't posted in a while. Last night I had my personals done and when I went to hit post I deleted instead. At least I was thinking of you all!

Weigh in today was up by over #1. I was expecting that considering TOM and the baked chips I ate last night after aerobics and the cookies I ate before aerobics. Self Sabatour Am I!!! I do have an NSV to report. I can now replace the water jug on the water cooler. Could barely lift it before and definitely couldn't lift it high enough to get on the cooler. Take that scales!
Old 11-20-2009, 09:01 PM   #50

Hey ladies -

I read all the posts since my last but I can't even attempt to address all of them! That's what happens when you don't check in at least twice a day!
DH is finally home, yay! Although he's so exhausted that he's been asleep since 6:30 so not much help tonight, oh well.

W - 80+ (probably half that right now...))
E - none today (
E - I didn't track real well today, but even thought I ordered out for dinner it was steamed chicken and broccoli with a side of curry sauce which I used sparingly (probably less that 1 Tbsp. total)
D - steam clean the extra bedroom this weekend (thanks to my cat!)

emiloots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 09:18 PM   #51
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

emiloots- I agree. I just can't keep up. I had more time before Facebook.

Ladies- Keep plugging away. No more defeatest attitudes. We are women, we are strong, we can accomplish anything. I was 179.4 today, but not over 180, thankfully. Hopefully mid-cycle is winding down and I might be able to lose a few.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Michelle- I am looking into a support group focused on my specific need. I'm kind of scared to make the call. I'll be terrified to walk in. I'm sure it will help and I am positive it is going to be tough. Encouragement please!!!!!

Pets name: Caramel
Adopt your own!
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 09:27 PM   #52
Calorie Counter

Michelle, I totally know how you feel. Whenever I would get to an all time low, it was like cool >>>>EAT EAT EAT>>>>NO WORKOUT NO WORKOUT NO WORKOUT>>> then before I knew it I would be up 5-10 pounds. Some times I would just say who cares what the scale says, DH loves me just as much, nobody else cares what my goal is. Then I would gain more. Feel worse. Eat and gain more. Why do we do it to ourselves? I don't know.

Popcorn, great job on the workout. I weigh myself daily, but only officially on mondays.

Emily~maybe DH will be helpful tomorrow? I hope you get time for yourself.

Grazer, just keep up the exercise. You need the me time!

Ella~there is nothing wrong with giving yourself a day off.

WEED is great for me today! No workout tonight.

Hey Mindy~We posted at the same time. As for your support group, its just that first step that is hard, find the strength to make it.

Last edited by jcatron243; 11-20-2009 at 09:29 PM.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 06:42 AM   #53
Calorie Counter

Good Morning. I'm ready for another wonderful day

Popcorn, I was going to mention that since you have lost a lot of weight, pretty quickly your body is probably just catching up. Dont get discouraged if you dont see another big drop off.

Grazer, How are your kiddos doing anyway?

Emily, I bet your boys will be so happy to have their dad home.

Ella, get back to the gym today!

Mindy~ Are you getting back to your workouts? Are you able to get out for your walk/runs? Your advice is great. We all have to follow it!

Michelle, I would love to volunteer for our local shelter. I need to find someting good for the whole family. I want my kids to start learning about volunteering.

The scale is heading in the right direction I am hoping I can get to 138 by Thanksgiving. Then I think 136 for Christmas, (BUT I truly just want to maintain ) I've been thinking about my goal a lot lately. I set my goal 3 and a half years ago. I cant believe I am so close to reaching it.

If I have a lot of letters missing from my post, I am sorry. I think my keyboard needs a new battery.

W 64 oz
E extra laps
E 1200 cals
D keep a good attitude
Old 11-21-2009, 10:26 AM   #54
Portion Control

Quick check in -

WEED yesterday - still struggling with my daily goal; made it an early night but did get my exercise in.

No weight loss for the week - just stayed the same.

WEED today-

W - 64 oz.
E - 30 minutes of aerobics
E - 1200-1400 calories
D - some house cleaning
PopcornGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 10:50 AM   #55
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Hey girls.

Still here. Still alive. Gotta get to a kids game this morning. Hope to get to check in later. TOM is kicking my butt, still. Gonna pray my weight hasnt blasted back up but not weighing in until tomorrow. Sooo...

Weeding again TODAY!

W: 80oz
E: 30DS if I can clear a room of the kids for a few
E: BACK OP ... fast food took over yesterday and I'm feelilng it.
D: I have the same 24 hours a day as everyone else. what am I gonna choose to do with it?

Be good!
Old 11-21-2009, 08:49 PM   #56
Calorie Counter

Hiya ladies.

Popcorn, No loss for the week is tough, especially when you have been losing so fast. Dont let it get you down! keep doing what you are doing and it will pay off in the long run.

Kris, Dont let a day of fast food ruin it for you. You can maintain the loss just keep OP!!

How was my last 24 hours? Well good actually. Work was weird but good. I will be running a new product tomorrow which will be crazy but fun. I slept good and so did my kids. The scale was nice to me today. WEED is perfectly OP. DH made my dinner Good day.
Old 11-22-2009, 03:21 AM   #57
e32

S/C/G: 169/157/135

hi everyone!

this is short because i'm falling asleep!

today was a good day, stayed on plan, nordic track today instead of swimming, checking things off the clean house list. had a relaxing evening with my boyfriend, playing with dogs and reading. this has been a crazy week (extra work, gigs, and rehearsals) and i'm so ready for more sleep!

W-64+i have a headache so i'm going to up my water tomorrow and see if it helps
E-back to swimming tomorrow
E-plan ahead, especially for snacks
D-laundry and tidy laundry room

will catch up with you all tomorrow--
ella
Old 11-22-2009, 06:30 AM   #58
Calorie Counter

Hi Ella! I hope you got some sleep.

I fell asleep early yesterday. Poor kids I sat down and fell asleep just after six. I'm still yawning today.

W 64 oz
E extra laps around the plant
E 1200 cals
D stay positive.
Old 11-22-2009, 03:35 PM   #59
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

hey girls....i'm here and crampy. went to a birthday party for a friend last night, drank too much. today i'm up, cleaning house, trying to watch my game, and getting prepped for a MK appointment later on today.

DH and I had a fight last night at Sams about what I eat (or don't eat and goes bad) and all the pasta he bought last night. I told him fine, i won't eat any vegetables and my butt will get bigger. Happy now?? His response..."you totally missed the point."

I guess it's ok for him to eat all the pasta he wants and not gain any weight from it. I *think* the word pasta and yep there goes 15 on my butt.....

I'm going to be selfish. He can feed himself. and I'll have to avoid the starchies after 3.......

Ok gotta get back to the dishes right quick during halftime

Talk to you ladies soon!

Slowly but surely, it's gonna come off
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 07:09 PM   #60
Portion Control

Late check in today -

WEED yesterday was not too good - I didn't get any exercise in or have time to do household chores.

Todays WEED-

W - 64 oz.
E - 30 minutes of aerobic activity
E - 1200 -1400 calories
D - work around the house of some kind
PopcornGal is offline   Reply With Quote