3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Chicks up for a Challenge

Old 11-18-2009, 09:59 PM   #31
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

I miss a day and can't hardly catch up. I went out with co-workers last night, so didn't have time for anything. It is mid-cycle gain time and I DO NOT want to see 180 again. I was 179.8 today. Hopefully it will start going back down now. It has been up for several days.

Don't remeber who it was, but they said they lose about a pound a week. I am lucky if I get 2-3 pounds a month. And the last 2 sucked. It is definetely harder the smaller I get. I might have to try that 2 hour workout routine myself.

I am trying to be an understanding, loving mom these days. Dealing with this issue is very difficult. I am working very hard at it. It will be a long road.

Kris- Look at you go!!!

Pets name: Caramel
Adopt your own!
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 10:20 PM   #32
In it for the long run

S/C/G: 196/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone. Well I was feeling better this morning, and it just got worse as the day went on. I did go out and walk 3 miles around 1 pm and burned about 300 cals so at least I was able to get something in.

Goals for today
W - 64 oz (48 oz so far)
E - walked 3 miles
E - 1200-1400 cals
D - get some rest
Old 11-19-2009, 05:10 AM   #33
e32

S/C/G: 169/157/135

Height: 5'3"

so, for most of you, it's tomorrow (thursday). i'm writing this before bed, wednesday night ...

jeni-you're so right. the first step out the door to the gym is the hardest. i didn't end up going today. at first i was mad at myself, but it's over now. i WILL go tomorrow. it's just strange because it isn't like me to not go. a day can't turn into 2 days etc...it's just a day. and i'll go tomorrow. am i repeating myself? well...that's because i have to go tomorrow!

mindy-i feel like that too when i miss a day-hard to catch up! happy to see you though. i'm with you, 2-3 pounds a month is a good month...wish i could get to that 1lb a week stride...i'm glad you are working to be patient and loving towards your daughter...no matter the situation, that's a positive.

zoo-glad you still got a walk in, but if you aren't feeling well, take care of yourself and REST if your body is telling you to take care.

~~~~~~~~~~~

as far as i'm concerned. tomorrow is already in the bag. have a foolproof plan (haha, is any plan really foolproof?)

W-more than 64. i'm noticing some big pluses to getting my water in...trying to keep on it
E-start with a good breakfast...i've been neglecting this
E-swim hard!
D-next phase of clean house is going through all my clothes-yikes...i'm planning to box up things according to season/size (i don't really have THAT many clothes, but definitely more than i wear)
Old 11-19-2009, 11:12 AM   #34
Calorie Counter

Mindy I hope everything gets better for you. Mid cycle sucks. just take it in stride. Get back to your workouts, Take some ME time. focus on yourself for at least an hour a day.

Ella! your plan sounds great!

Zoo~I'm glad you were able to get something in.

I'm like Mindy, I'm lucky if I lose 2 pounds a month. I'm up today to 142 from 139 last friday. TOM finally arrived so I will have some relief soon. I hope to see 139 or lower on monday.

My workout is going to be like yesterdays. 30 minutes treadmill, 15 minutes elliptical at high resistance and then finishing up with weights.

W 80 oz
E 60 minutes this morning (maybe some more elliptical and bike tonight before swimming)
E1200 calories
D grocery shop, buy good healthy meals
Old 11-19-2009, 11:50 AM   #35
Portion Control

Good Morning.

Yesterday's WEED went just okay. I wanted to get out a second workout in and do my daily goal of ironing but by the time we got out of our volunteer work and got home I was exhausted and not feeling well. So I got nothing done.

Today's WEED -

W - 64 oz.
E - 30 minutes of cardio
E - 1200 - 1300 calories
D - hopefully some ironing

I will only have time for one workout today as I go to the grocery store before work on Thursdays to take advantage of a great $10 discount if you buy $50 worth of groceries. If I go later in the day I spend twice as long just standing in line.

I am still feeling a little out of sorts and my finger is bothering me. I hurt it last year and I think it is arthritis starting because it bothered me forever. It started again yesterday so I am sure it is the change in weather.
PopcornGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 12:44 PM   #36
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

Hey ladies I am here....
tryin to get my 64 oz of water in, TOM shows up this weekend so i'm having food issues. The retreat @ tahoe was fantastic. Now i just have to put action into everything, a walk a day, business daily, etc.

i'm not feelin so hot today even though i got plenty of sleep last night, so no telling what's going on.

I've been craving spaghetti squash so i'll be getting some soon.

ok back to work, i'll be here

Slowly but surely, it's gonna come off
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 02:07 PM   #37
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Wow, it's Thursday already!? Sorry to keep you all in suspense!!! Oh and I'm being a bad, lazy girl, I'm supposed to be at community service and instead I came home and am on the computer. Well I only planned to do 3 hrs anyways so its not that big a deal.

So.....I get my nursing license back NEXT WEEK!!! It has been a crazy seven months. I guess the board meets next tuesday to discuss my case (my case worker says I'm exactly, perfectly in compliance!) and I drive to Columbus WEDNESDAY to sign all the papers!!! WOW! So perfect that I get this news the exact day before Thanksgiving. I have so much to be thankful for this year. For sure.

I haven't even read the thread for this week yet, so I'm off to catch up. Thanks for sharing my victory with me, you all certainly had plenty to do with it. Love to all. xoxoxo Michelle
Old 11-19-2009, 02:34 PM   #38
e32

S/C/G: 169/157/135

really short before i'm off to the gym (since i already posted my WEED for today)...

Congrats Michelle! so glad to hear good news!!!!!

i'm in a good mood...on my way to the gym, only have a few house responsibilities today. i have a reasonable teaching load today-including 2 new students! and tonight our band is playing a show at a new venue in town--hope it's nice, i haven't been there before.

have a great day everyone!

Last edited by e32; 11-19-2009 at 02:35 PM.
e32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 04:42 PM   #39

Congrats Michelle!!!!

Nothing too terribly exciting today, 1 more day until DH is home!!! Every morning my son asks if Daddy's at work They don't stay clueless for long huh? We had our holiday party at work today so I ate a very heavy lunch, needless to say it's going to be a very light dinner and lots of water tonight.

W - 80+
E - clean all of the recycling out of the basement (it's a big job!)
E - hard to accurately count today's intake so I'll just eat under 200 cals for 'dinner' and call it a day
D - get to bed on time tonight, I don't understand when my DH is away that I can't go to bed before midnight!

Hope everyone's having a great week!

Last edited by emiloots; 11-19-2009 at 04:43 PM.
emiloots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 10:41 PM   #40
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Michelle- That is so AWESOME!!! I am so happy for you. You've come a long way baby. You have worked hard and deserve this. I look to you for stength more than you know.

Jeni- At this point I would be thrilled with a 2 pound loss for Nov. I really have been stuck for about 2 months. Just keep hovering around 180. Up and under.

Work is driving me crazy. So much crap going on with kids it is ridiculous. Thank God we have only F, M, Tu and then a nice long break. I need it so much.

Just did Jillian's Shred. Haven't done it in a while and I used 5 pound weight. Man, do I feel it. Let's see if I can manage to get down a tad before weigh-in tomorrow.

Pets name: Caramel
Adopt your own!
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 01:15 AM   #41
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Hey you fabulous girls! Thanks for all the encouragement! This bootcamp thing definitely seems to be the ticket for me at the moment. I also enjoyed wearing a pair of my 14 jeans today.... sweet victory... even if I dont win the free camp.

Quick personals then off to bed!

Mtiggie - Big hugs. Big confidence. Eternal strength. You have it in you, just when you feel like your depleated, the mom in you will find more. And that pesky midcycle.... temporary. Hope you are taking some time to love yourself through all this. You're pretty dang amazing.

Nchellie - Celebrate good time COME ON! Lets Celebrate!!! I'm doing my happy dance for you. You have battled, and come out victorious. All you girl. You deserve the best!

Jen - was looking at your pics on FB and your kids make me grin ear to ear. They are beautiful!!!!

Emiloots - I wanna squish your boys cheeks in your avatar. They remind me of that innocent little boy I had that is now tripping the planet as a 20 year old.

HT - haven't forgotten your food list... just finally getting to settle back down. Will have it to you this weekend!

e32, tiara, popcorn, shari I will come back tomorrow and catch up with you girls. Keep it going girls!
Old 11-20-2009, 01:21 AM   #42
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

Hey Mindy

The Shred kicked my butt when I tried it. I took it to work with me to share with other coworkers and the little doodad that holds the dvd in the case was broken and apparently it scratched the heck out of the disk. I *might* be able to use it if I run it through a disk doctor, but if not then I'll have to go get another copy.

Food hasn't been fantastic today, stomach's loopy right now, probably was lunch but I can't be sure of that.

Been getting close to goal on my water which is a bonus

Slowly but surely, it's gonna come off
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 01:37 AM   #43
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

Height: 5'5

Michelle... Im glad everything worked out for you...

Kris...wow im so excited for you..i cant wait to be in onderland too.. I hope you get it free...

jeni... The situation with your daughter strikes a nerve with me because i remember being that young girl. I give you props for keeping your cool i would have snaped..lol

popcorn.. i really should get on board with your exercise program... i wanna see results like yoiu..

e32... i hear you with all the cleaning and i just have to keep up after myself.lol Why is it when you finally do all of the cleaning there is 100 more things to be done..lol huh

zoochick777... wow 3 miles and your sick that is very good....but dont over do it if your not feeling well maybe you should rest your body... hope you wake up 2mo feeling better.

Well this week is almost over and im working my butt off for good results come monday.. we have 11 more days till the end of nov and i still have 7 pounds to lose. i gotta get cracking.I hope you all have a good rest of the week...
w..just do it 64 or more...
e..do something
e..stay within my 1200-1300 calz stopp snacking
d... im gonna watch new moon... bringing my own calorie friendly popcorn shhh

A YEAR FROM NOW YOU WILL LOOK BACK AND WISH YOU STARTED
TIARA
Hw 320
284 make up *****
274 color hair
264 pink contacts
254 circle contacts
TIARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 06:47 AM   #44
Calorie Counter

Michelle!!!!! Hurray for you! I am so happy for you!

Amy~Glad you had fun in Tahoe. Great job on getting in your water.

Emily~I'd be going crazy by now without my DH. I hope you get in some Mommy time when he gets home.

Popcorn, I wish I saved $10 for spending 50. I cant leave the grocery store without spending 100 (each week). Keep up your good work, you really are kicking it!

Mindy~I absolutely hate those stinking plateaus. Its irritating when you work hard, watch what you eat and nothing. Just remember, you control your exercise, you control your food, you control your drink. . . .The scale well it has a mind of its own. Keep working for a healthier you even if the scale isn't cooperating.

Ella~I'm so glad you made it to the gym!

Tiara~I hope you get the loss you are looking for. I hope you enjoy new moon. I won't be able to see it until Friday (our break in the crazy day of black friday shopping) I love the books.

Kris~ Sorry you didn't win a free bootcamp, but man woman 12 pounds in 6 weeks is absolutely great! Are you doing it again? Thanks for the comments on my kids, they have been so good lately (hmmm Santa Claus is coming? I wonder if that is why?)

Zoo~I hope you are feeling better. Take care of yourself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yesterday I had Makenna's first first grade conference. Her teacher told me that she has the best in front of a group communication skills of any student she has ever taught. She uses her as a class room leader a lot. She also gets to help explain to the class how to use a calender to count down to things. I was so proud of my daughter

Swim lessons went very well. Tommy is improving every day!

My work week starts today so I am hoping to see a new low on Monday.

W 64 oz
E extra laps, if I am up to it a quick 45 minute workout after work.
E 1200 clean calories
D Remember this is a short week.
Old 11-20-2009, 10:26 AM   #45
Portion Control

Good Morning all!

Yesterdays WEED - I didn't get my Daily goal in for the second day in a row. Can you tell I don't want to iron? Any way I did get a huge day of exercising in - 5.5 miles!

Jeni - you should be very proud of your daughter.

Thanks for the words of encouragement all of you. I really am having a hard week. I swear I will never get on the scale more than once a week because I find it de-motivates you if there is a lot of flucuation. In any case, I did it anyway Wednesday and today. And I SHOULD know better because despite my sticking to my calorie plan every day and doing at least 30 but more often90 minutes of aerobic activity every day I am STUCK.

Personally I think my body is fighting this - thinking it is starving - so my metabolism is resisting. BUT I refuse to give in here - I will stick with this the best I can and maybe tomorrow I will see a half pound loss for the week.

Next week someone remind me to STAY away from that darn scale. Maybe I should have my husband hide it until Saturday morning.

Today's WEED -

W - 64 oz.
E - at least 30 minutes aerobic activity
E - 1200-1300 calories
D - get some chore done around the house that needs to be done

Here's to a good WEED day for everyone.

Last edited by PopcornGal; 11-20-2009 at 10:27 AM.
PopcornGal is offline   Reply With Quote