3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Chicks up for a Challenge

Old 11-10-2009, 11:58 AM   #16
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Popcorn, Which DVD? I kinda collect them...

Nix, I'm going out on a limb here, you are getting married Thursday?? its sounds like you have your hands full, and then some. I've only tried venison once and it was spicy jerky, I still have no idea what it tastes like.

Jeni, Mini profile. I'm 40, married, one dog. I have vision problems, so I stay at home {can't drive}. I am involved in a Bible Study {CBS}; I co-lead a group. I am more likely to exercise than eat well. Chocolate is my downfall. I'm trying to calorie count and eat foods from each food group, while reminding myself that choc isn't a food group. I like to quilt and knit. I haven't taken weightloss seriously for a while. I lost 70lbs a while back but didn't know how to maintaine and gained half of it back. Being diagnosed as prediabetic was my motivation to lose the weight before, but now it seems more vanity. My bloodwork is the same dispite the weight gain. So I'm trying to get serious again. Hope that made sense.

On the internet no one knows you are typing with your beak.

An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!!

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 02:08 PM   #17
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Kris, I was missing you. I hope everything calms down for you.

Penguin~my big motivation was having gestational diabetes with both my pregnancies. I was recently diagnosed with diabetes (despite my weightloss) but I don't really believe the diagnosis. and my daily checks show pre-diabetes (for the last year).

I got in my workout but again the treadmills were full so I started on the elliptical did 2 miles in 20 minutes, then I did my weight routine, and then I ran 2.15 miles. I feel pretty good but I may go in before swim lessons for a 30 minute cardio blast.

Last edited by jcatron243; 11-10-2009 at 02:20 PM.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 05:54 PM   #18
In it for the long run

S/C/G: 196/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone. Well I'm down another 0.6 today, hopefully the trend will keep going. We ended up with hardly any rain from the storm, just a lot of wind. It's actually still really windy outside, but it's sunny and the perfect temperature. Today would be a perfect day to go walking, but I haven't been feeling too good today; headache and sore throat. Tuesdays are normally an off day anyway, but I also had an off day yesterday. I'll just have to work extra hard tomorrow.

Jeni - I actually have quite a few DVD's, I just get really bored with them and have no motivation to do them. I get such a better workout when outside, especially when the temperature is in the 60's and 70's like it has been lately. I usually do EA Active on Wii Fit on nasty days, but I'm currently out of batteries and haven't had a chance to go to the store.

Kris - Thanks!! And the test actually ended up being easier than I expected. My teacher has the flu so he made the test short and super easy.

Holyteror - I know how ya feel with the sinus infection. I'm pretty sure I'm gettin one too. My boyfriend is just starting to feel better and now I'm feeling it.

Emiloots - Good job on keeping away from the diet drinks! I also tend to go for candy when it's around, but Kris's idea about the gum is good. Chewing gum keeps me from wanting to snack.

Mindy - Good luck with whatever is going on. Hope everything improves soon!

Penguin - Welcome! Hope you find the motivation you need here.

Michelle - Congrats on the jeans! That happened to me last spring. I had bought a pair of jeans that were too tight and then fit into them last May, now they are kind of loose!

Popcorn - Congrats on the weightloss, you did awesome! Good luck with the meeting tonight.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:40 PM   #19

I did Kettlebell Bootcamp DVD. Since I don't have a kbl yet, I had a variety of things lined up to 'stand-in'. The first at 25lbs was too wide and too heavy! Oooops! Here I've been so excited about kbls, even planning on buying one already and I'm not going to be able to finish my first workout . My back was killing me by the end of the first 16 reps, I was out of breath, and my HR was spiking. Okay I knew this was 'cardio weightwork' but they make it look easy! I dropped down to a 10lb db and did much better but the db doesn't work for all the exercises. I had better results with my 10lb ankle weight wrapped around itself leaving part of the strap as a kbl 'handle'. I'm happy with the workout and glad I tried it.

Jeni, When I was 'pre-diabetic' I was very motivated, now it seems I want to be thinner but the 'want' isn't always enough to make the 'good choices' or to get me off the couch to exercise. The more I have the 'mind-set' the easlier it is becoming. yay! I feel less like I'm depriving myself and more like this is 'normal' Did I metion that Hubby and I used to live on Whidbey Island? That Navy thing.

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 11-10-2009 at 08:26 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:41 PM   #20
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

hey ladies!

Still wiped out...tried gettin to bed early....almost worked. I really need some exercise in daily...i get home, and i wiped, and i don't want to do anything. I know that just 15 minutes will help, and this weight is probably most of the cause of my tiredness.

Nixie I would LOVE that list. pm me or send it to me via fb. I really gotta get my butt in gear.

oh snap. I don't know if I told you girls, maybe I did.

We got new military orders. We WILL stay here for 4 more years, BUT they're changing DH's job. They could very well send him out with an army unit for a year if they wanted. He's gotten his weight where he needs to be for the USAF, but his current squad commander still says he's 2 bmi points over and finally allowed him to fly so he'd be current on his flying record.....but either this month or next month we move into a new squadron. It won't matter after that, other than what the USAF requires. Needless to say he's not helping much around the house, either eating out before he gets home, or cooking stuff that's way too high in fat and calories. He always promised he would help with meals if I wasn't on a low carb diet. That didn't work out. I still gained all my weight back. So i'm at square 1 again. However, if I can alternate my carb days and get my starchy carbs in early, he might not notice WHAT i'm eating at night for dinner. Then he'd just be confused, and I'd lose some weight and be able to wear my clothes again. Tired of looking and feeling like this *sighs*

Ok enough of my venting. Stinking men. My dogs are great and insane...had to take BOTH of them to the vet yesterday even though the visit was just for one of them LOLOL....they love car rides We walked a bit, and boy howdy does Georgie like to go. I really need to get in shape so i can keep up with him. He'd run off if I let him...

Slowly but surely, it's gonna come off
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 08:13 PM   #21
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Down to 177 this morning. That not eating thing is really working. I try girls, I can't stand the thought of food sometimes. Feel like throwing up a lot of the time. You are all very spiritual here and i have been very lax in that for most of my adulthood. All I know how to do right now is pray that God will help. Just HELP!!! I'm hurt, sad, confused, torn, disappointed, lost, yu name it. Throw in some anger and lots of denial and that's where I'm at. I can't bring myself to talk about it, other than with a few people. This is a long, lonely trip. I need a group support system like Michelle. I am looking into that now. Nobody really understands. I feel alone, alot.

Keep praying for me girls.

Pets name: Caramel
Adopt your own!
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 07:15 AM   #22
Calorie Counter

Mindy I hope you find what you need honey. But you do need to take care of yourself too. make sure you are eating something small.

Zoo~I hope the weight continues to come off!

Penguin~keep up with that video and you will find yourself getting stronger and stronger!!!

Amy~ Men. I actually have been cooking one thing for me and another for the kiddos and DH. Well DH eats some of what I cook for me and some of what I cook for the kids. He wants chicken and veggies for dinner every night for a week starting friday (maybe he will stick to it )

I know better than to have lazy days. I snacked out of the halloween bowl most of the day yesterday plus I ate a high calorie lunch. Sigh. Today is a new day, lunch is packed I have no choice but to be healthy today.

Kids spent the night with Grandma last night because no school today, I hope they are having a great time. After work I have to rush to get them, then FLY to gymnastics and busy runners. I hope i make it. my mom lives 40 minutes away (an hour from where I work). I get off at 4, so I have 1hour 45 minutes to get back.

W64 oz
E not much
E 1200 cals
D no complaining at work
Old 11-11-2009, 09:30 AM   #23
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Morning darlins!!! I only took a quick moment to post this....

There is a group called EA = Emotions Anonymous, which is a 12 step program for people feeling anything extreme. Check this site to find a meeting near you. I've thought about recommending a few people to check it out. I think I just want everyone to have some of the gift I've been given, almost to the point where I almost told my friend to say she's an alcoholic so she can recieve this gift. LOL Bad bad advice, I know.

http://www.emotionsanonymous.org/

Or there is OA (overeaters anonymous)

http://www.oa.org/

Gamblers anonymous

http://www.gamblersanonymous.org/

Well, I just google searched to find those but i think the emotions anonymous one is the one that can fit anyone. And I'd never heard of it. Maybe I'll ask my friend (the one I mentioned last week) to go to one this weekend and I'll go with her.

One could always call a psychiatrist office and ask for group therapy sesssions too, dealing with whatever you struggle with? On a personal note, 12 step has done more for me than the thousands I spent in psychiatry but it depends on what your struggle is. But is definitely a powerful tool. Or individual therapy if you need it, either until you feel comfortable enough to join a group or if you just need some one on one help. I've done it both ways.

Love and deep affection to all. xo Michelle
Old 11-11-2009, 09:34 AM   #24
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Wait, there's more. You can go to an AA meeting even if you aren't an alcoholic but you have to look at the schedule, there are two kinds of meetings, open and closed. The closed meetings are closed to the public, only alcoholics may attend and participate. Open meetings may be attended by everyone but participation is limited to the alcoholic. Family members, students, all kinds of people attend open meetings.

http://www.aa.org/?Media=PlayFlash
Old 11-11-2009, 09:43 AM   #25

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies -

Mindy - Hugs to you for whatever you're going through! Good for you maintaining control over food, it's always been my crutch whenever life gets hard.

patchwork penguin - welcome! LOL on the gazelle I have the tony little but I don't really find it that effective of a workout unfortunately.

jeni - you rock, keep with it!

Michelle - congrats on the jeans, that's gotta feel great. I have a pair in my drawers that I refuse to throw away from before I had kids, size 6, one day...

popcorngal - agility is really cool! I used to take classes at a facility where they'd run agility classes across the building - those dogs are pretty amazing.

Nixmom - congrats on the wedding!

zoochick - congrats on the loss, little ones add up to big ones eventually!

holyteror - congrats on the cowboys win sunday (we're in philly ) next time right?

As for me today I'm home with my older son who turns 3 at the end of this month, he has his first dentist appt this morning, wish us luck, I'm secretly dreading it - hopefully he's not too freaked out by it. On a side note my diet pepsi cravings are gone - I actually crave water, it seems to be the only thing that really quenches my thirst - yay! No more artificial sweeteners!

W - 80+ oz
E - 30 day shred after the kids go to bed
E - 24-29 points (aim for less carbs today, see if it affects my weight)
D - patience & calm during above mentioned dentist appt, worried mom is going to mean a worried little boy

emiloots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 09:54 AM   #26
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Hump day!

Hey chicks!

I off work until monday. Holiday today, day off tomorrow, my friday off on friday and a no kid weekend. Almost hubby has 4 jobs today, off tomorrow, and then a weekend of work for our business (cleaning up foreclosed homes and theres a sudden burst again in activity around here). So I've been telling everyone for our honeymoon I'll be going to Mount Washmore and having a laundry folding contest with myself. Housework never runs out here!

Took the week off of bootcamp but plan to do some exercise today and Friday and the weekend. Feel HORRIBLE about my food this week, but stress of all the stuff prevailed over my power to put down the Butterfinger candy bars and say no to mexican food. ACK!

Patchwork - welcome!

emiloots - thanks on the congrats

Jen - DRIVE SAFE NOT FAST!

Nchellie - what a blessing you are to soo many, and yourself!

Mtig - check the PM. Thinking about you a lot.

HT - I'll get that list for ya before the weekend. It really does work.

all you other wonderful weedies - Have a fantastic on plan day and I'll check back later. Gotta hit the kitchen and the shower and go find some shoes for tomorrow!!!!!!
Old 11-11-2009, 11:02 AM   #27
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

LMAO mount washmore!!!!!!

about to head to work, i shouldn't have sat here all morning, so I'll chat with you all soon

Slowly but surely, it's gonna come off
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 11:14 AM   #28
Portion Control

Good morning everyone!

WEED yesterday went well. Had a change of plans in the evening and was not able to do my originally intended workout so I had to modify a little to get my hour of aerobics in but I DID IT! Also I did okay at the meeting - although I had a friend there to stop me from eating a piece of cake when I already had a sweet in the box dinner we were given.

Nix - good luck with tomorrow. I hope everyone is all better.

Patchwork - I am waiting for the Core Rhythm DVD set. I got it for about 1/3 of the price on e-bay. Other than the fact that you do not have a kettle ball would you recommend that DVD.

Mindy - I will keep you in my prayers.

Jeni - Little bite size candy is just way too tempting for most of the world to resist. Don't feel too bad. As you said today is a new day. I made a point of demolishing the candy over Halloween weekend just so I could put it behind me. I guess literally.

As I said to all of you before checking in here daily regarding the previous day's WEED has really helped me stay on track with it. I hope you don't mind.

Today's WEED -

W- 64 oz.
E - walking 2-3 miles in the park
E - 1200 - 1300 calories
D - putting what I learned at the clicker seminar into practice
PopcornGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 03:03 PM   #29

I did fairly well with yesterdays WEED {my first WEED! awww!}

Water: keep it up; I find it easier to get dry in the winter because I'm not thinking about it as much
Exericse~ Cardio today; no decision yet on what kind...
Eating~ Like Emiloots I'm trying for lower carbs, according to my chart on DP that's half of what I eat!
Daily~ Laundry; bake cake; to do list

Popcorn, I have to CR original set which I don't do often, I'm un-coordinated with choreo; my dancing looks more like kickboxing. I'm interested in the toning set but haven't even looked at the clips yet. I did like Angie's KBBC. I'm part of a video exericse forum {VF} and the KBBC workout was well recommended for its pace and proper form. Also it has a tutorial! There is a feature where you can mix and match the sets also, and the background exerciser shows modifications; which I was grateful for, LOL. She only did 16 or so reps on an exercise, but did repeat some exercises in a set. There were a few balance moves which were a problem for me, but I followed the modifier. Lunges and squats aplenty! Good job on getting the wotkout in dispite the change of plans.

Nix, That is the thing about laundry, the excitment never ends.

Emiloots, The Gazelle looks like fun, but I'm happy to have my {used] treadmill. When I was little I used to hate to drink plain water, now I can't imagine drinking anything else.

Michelle, Thanks for the links, I'm sure that will be interesting.

Mindy, I hope you find support. God will help you if you ask Him.

HolyT, Hubby tends to tell me he'll be happy to help, then remember something else that HAS GOT to be done just then. PFFFT! Hope the orders turn out in your favor.

Old 11-11-2009, 04:04 PM   #30
e32

S/C/G: 169/157/135

jeni and popcorn-- congrats on your big loss! i'll take some of whatever you're having!

michelle--that's so cool that your husband is really thinking of what you need

zoo--hope you get to be outside soon glad your test went well

mindy--thinking of you and praying for you...i hope that peace comes to you. in the meantime, i hope that you can eat a little. don't be afraid to lean on those people you have told, that's what friends are for

emily--giving up diet soda is hard for me too...i've come a long way but i still have one a week maybe, as a treat

welcome penguin

kris--hope you get a few moments to breathe before tomorrow (i'm totally stealing your 'mt washmore' line)

ht--hope you get to go to tahoe-sounds great!

grazer, mm, shari--miss you

so as far as it goes with me...i'm feeling lazy, but i will go and swim anyway (to be honest, it's half so i can weigh myself at the gym. i don't have a scale because i'm neurotic like that, and i'm feeling "light" and am curious if i've broken below 160 for good)

W-um...why the flip is it so hard to drink water...it's noon and i've had, maybe 10oz...
E-go swim once i log off here
E-doing well this week...stay on track
D-would feel much better about life if i organized the laundry room (folded and put things away, and then hook up my new-to-me dryer). it's been 6 months since i had a working dryer so i'm really excited to wear non crunchy-air-dried jeans

have a good one everybody!!!