Old 10-15-2009, 09:59 PM   #31  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Kris- just got my hair colored tonight. I want it darker and redder. We're working on it. I also did BL bootcamp when I got home. It doesn't seem like much of a workout to me these days.

Here is an interesting thing. When I was 24, I weighed 145 and wore size 12 jeans. I now weigh 178ish and wear wize 12's except for the 2 size 10's. How does that happen??? People are surprised when I tell them I want to lose 30 more pounds. Really???
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:31 PM   #32  
I'll survive!!

S/C/G: 195/186/145

Height: 5'8

Mtiger I was the same way. In high school at 150 pounds I wore size 11. At 160 I was wearing a size 9. I think I had a little more junk in the trunk back then...; ).
jellybeansss76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 12:29 AM   #33  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Heya Sistas!

So there I was at 4:30 today. 1 hour before bootcamp ~ literally racking my brain for any excuse to NOT GO! I floated these excuse choices through my head:
  1. My car broke down (total lie)
  2. My sister is town from outta state (total lie)
  3. My dog shredded my pillows (not a lie, but not good enough)
  4. I got the flu (TOTAL BOLD FACE LIE!)
Then I realized, this is not the me I wanna be. I continued circling these thoughts through my head then strapped my shoes on and got in the car. AND I FINISHED MY 1ST WEEK OF BOOTCAMP! Nutrition class tomorrow night. According to the instructor (who was a bootcamper that fell so in love with the results that she went and got her certification to train! Talk about motivated) she says the she stuck to the nutrition, did an hour of cardio in addition to the camp daily, and lost 22 lbs her 1st 6 weeks. Ladies I am in for the long haul! Even though I cant feel my legs right now

HolyT - kudos for staying on target with food, and being ready to respond with better choices should the stress send you chomping! Its a journey, we didn't do this to ourselves overnight, and we deserve to put ourselves first. You are on your way!

Beans - eeewwww the dreaded grocercy shopping on an empty stomach! I can totally relate to the carbs in = more carbs in. Stay strong! You will prevail!

Onestar - change your name to ROCKstar! Good for you on the workout! I know how hard it is to get motivated at home. I couldn't do it. You are a superhero in the making! As far as weekend plans - I'm walking the dog with future MIL tomorrow, then nutrition class. Saturday is going to be a day out with my Stepmommy at the mall for my birthday (which was in July) but I am looking forward to it. Sunday, I'm thinking craft day for me in a quiet house to settle my brain!

Mtiggie- I think pants and sizes change so much with the fashion. Yeah for your new and improved body! YOU determine your fabulousness... and I dont know about you ladies, but I would not relive my high school years (other than the birth of my son) if you paid me.... even though I was a svelt 125 lbs through out it!

Jen - NSV for standing your ground girlie. You are a stoic oak! Any job that is chaotic enough to require hourly breaks has got to be intense and loppy coworkers are not a bonus in that situation. Rock on sister!

to all you ladies (posting and not!) and I'll check in midday tomorrow!

me
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 11:11 AM   #34  
Calorie Counter

Kris, actually I have to give one break one hour and take a break the next. its required that I sit for 20 minutes every hour because of the amount of walking I do. I'm so glad you went to bootcamp! just think it is 6 weeks. We can do ANY THING for six weeks.

Mindy, I feel the same way. In High school I wore a size 7 and weighed 115. (now I am at a size 8, but willing to try a 6) I am definately bigger than I was then. Is there a difference in womens and juniors sizes? I didn't think there was but maybe thats it.

I'm also at that place where people are shocked that I still want to lose 10 pounds. I'm actually feeling really good right now about how I look, but I'm not quite ready to stop. I wonder if its because my goal has been 130 for so long I wont be truly happy until I am there.

The scale was still at 139 today I was so happy to see it still. Today is Tommy's birthday my big 4 year old. We are going to take him out to dinner. I will have to be careful, I don't know what he will choose, usually it is mexican for special occasions.

W 80 oz
E 60 minutes with DH its friday so the old lady patrol shouldn't be there
E1200 cals. Just because I am off work doesn't mean I am hungrier. EAT CLEAN!
D Housework, laundry, dishes, get my flu shot. . .

Editing~done with my workout it was so awsome, I haven't ran in a week so it was wonderful. I am increasing my run speed, and increasing my weights by 5 pounds or Reps by 15 (depending on the machine). I will take off this last 9 pounds!

Last edited by jcatron243; 10-16-2009 at 02:26 PM.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 02:52 PM   #35  
I'll survive!!

S/C/G: 195/186/145

Height: 5'8

Kris-You are a strong woman! I have debated like that before and 99% of the time I give in. I figure now that what I have been doing isn't working and maybe it's time to put yourself out. Get uncomfortable because in the end you will be proud of yourself and have that wonderful accomplished feeling.

Jeni- Nine more pounds and you are there! That is awesome! I wish I were 9 pounds from my goal. I know it gets difficult the closer you get, but I know you can do it. I would be thrilled if I fit into a size 8!

Mindy-I've tried the Biggest Loser Bootcamp and could only make it maybe 5 minutes. You must be in great shape! I hope to work my way up to lasting through it eventually. I'm way to out of shape at this moment to try thoug.

So I got on the scale after my hour and a half on the Gazelle and it says 187. I just weighed 195 Monday! What is going on? Surely I haven't lost 8 pounds since Monday! I have been sticking to my diet and eating between 1000-1200 cals a day. Plus I work off what I eat, but there is no way I should have lost 8 pounds in 5 days. I'm not going to get excited about it yet. I'm going to wait until Monday morning to see what the scale says. TOM should be here the beginning of next week. I hope to get to weigh in Monday before it gets here.
My WEED for today:
W-32oz I'm still having trouble meeting this amount. I am a diet coke addict.
E-Already got my hour and a half in on the Gazelle. I might try and do another half hour throughout the day.
E-1200
D-"Pain is temporary, quitting last forever"-Lance Armstrong
jellybeansss76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 07:45 PM   #36  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

ugh!!!! tired girls, very very very tired!! It's almost time to go home, bout 20 minutes or so left. I'll try to post later tonight. Food has been awful today but i have a pot roast cooking in the crock pot for dinner. I have rehearsal right after i get home too, so hopefully that won't last forever, and I can take a nap

*wavies* to all!!!!
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 12:41 AM   #37  
The Sky is the Limit!

HolyT--- MMMMMM potroast! Just got back from my nutrition orientation... yeah, I don't get to eat potroast. But dont protein shakes sound scrumptious?

Beans - thanks... I am pretty strong when I am on a mission. I have to keep the momentum for 6 weeks. I have to. Headed for a day of shopping tomorrow and dinner at Dads after. Probably my last naughty hurrah before super strict food land. The results should be worth it though!

Jen - You are soooo right. WE CAN DO ANYTHING FOR SIX WEEKS! If we can be preggers for 9 months, we can be healthy for 6 weeks right! I just wish I could straighten out my arms today. I seriously spent hours trying to losen them up with heat, cold, ibuprofen, rest... nothing is working right now. My biceps feel like bowling balls!

Mtig- happy Friday. How's your world?

Looking forward to hearing from you missing ladies soon ~ Grazer - Mavie - here's your shout out!
Old 10-17-2009, 10:54 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Morning all! Got off my dead a$$ and on my dying feet today and moved it.
One foot in front of the other and one day at a time!

W Lets try for 4 bottles today
E Did 31 minutes of intervals on the treadmill, 75/75 mmunches and 3 sets of legs and chest on the weight bench.
E Clean for today..
D One day at a time.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 12:15 PM   #39  
Calorie Counter

Hi MM! glad to see you.

JellyB~I usually lose about 2 pounds during a workout then I drink it back.

HolyT~ I hope you get some rest.

Kris, I love my protein shakes? are u using pre mixed or powder? Really pay close attention to the cholestoral in them. I drink 1 pre-mixed a day, it has 110 cals, 17 grams of protein, and 4 carbs. Some of them are an aquired taste though I hope you can feel your arms soon.

Tommy had a birthday lunch, and a birthday dinner. UGGG I ate so much sodium yesterday the scale was very MAD this morning. Today is his party, Swimming! It is going to be so much fun!

I never buy stuff for myself, but I have been buying jeans over these past couple of months because none of mine fit. SO I decided to try some on. I grabbed a 6 and an 8, I was suprised that the 6 fit me better than the 8, both fit in the waist, but the 6 fit my legs better.

W 64 oz
E 60 minutes
E 1200 clean cals,
D Have a great time at the party!

Last edited by jcatron243; 10-17-2009 at 12:16 PM.
Old 10-17-2009, 12:25 PM   #40  
The Sky is the Limit!

Mavie's back! Good girl. Thats right woman! One step at a time! You can do this! Here's me throwing some energy your way!

Jen - I can do the protein shakes. Powdered whey will be the order of the day, but there is one called Muscle Milk Light that our instructor had us try last night. Its not one we are allowed to drink all the time, but in a pinch or on the run we are allowed.

I ate a healthy breakfast this morning. I was glad to find that I am not too far off what they instruct us to eat. I do have to ditch dairy and fruit for the next 5 weeks. They get incorporated back in, but want our bodys to burn our sugars (fat) first. I am not supposed to weigh daily, but thats one habit that I am not so ready to give up yet. I was down to 203.4 this morning from 206 monday. Not too shabby!

Gotta go get ready for my rest day out shopping. Hope you all have a great Saturday!
Old 10-17-2009, 03:34 PM   #41  
Calorie Counter

Kris, Ive tried muscle milk before. I used the powders alot before, when I was more into saving the money, but I like the ease of the pre-mix stuff.

My workout was so great! It was easier today than it was yesterday. I hope to be increasing my jog speed on tuesday.
Old 10-17-2009, 07:51 PM   #42  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Let me just say I am in a pissy mood. SOme plans fell through for today so I have been bored. My weight is all the way up to 181.2. WHY??? Who the H*** knows?? But it is pissing me off. SO there you have it.

I did buy a new DVD today, by Shape. It targets hips, butt and thighs. I am giving it a try in abit. We'll see how it goes. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 11:36 AM   #43  
Calorie Counter

I'm sorry Mindy.

I'm way too tired today, I didn't sleep well at all. We are going halloween costume shopping for the kids this mrorning (unfortunately we will be skipping tae kwon do). No workout for me today, but I am going to do awsome with my food.

W 80 oz
E not much unless I am home early enough (gym is only open from 12-5 today)
E1200 clean clean clean cal (I haven't done great the last two days.
D be good at food. Don't over eat!
Old 10-18-2009, 11:42 AM   #44  
The Sky is the Limit!

Morning girls! Scale this morning was 202.6! I am hoping for a solid 202 to start week #7. However TOM is on the way for next Friday, but I am taking great strides to minimize my water retention starting now.

Jen - I have been exhausted too. I actually got my first full night of sleep last night. Have been waking up and rolling all over the place with my achy muscles the last week. Does nothing for the getup and go that we need to be the awesome moms, wives and friends that we are. But we just keep trucking dont we?!?!

Headed to costco today then home for the afternoon. I have to stop smoking TODAY! I have only had 1 to 2 a day, but I cannot continue bootcamp and the level they push and even remotely think that I am gonna be able to keep up. Today is it!

BBL.
Old 10-18-2009, 01:08 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Morning all, well, it will be afternoon by the time I finish, but starting this at 11:59!

I did ok yesterday, kept mostly to plan. I am trying to adapt the low carb thing to maybe be less carbs and reasonable fats. Trying to eliminate the carbs makes me binge off the wagon!!

YS was home for the night to take his GF to Homecoming, only got to see him for maybe half an hour, but hey, better than nothing, and not all that different from HS with the fly thru kiss on the cheek, love ya ma's...

Had to work the roast beef dinner at church last night. Did eat a piece of apple pie but for the most part, was pretty good yesterday. Making a Roast Chicken right now. DH can eat that tomorrow too while I am at school. Got my butt back on the treadmill yesterday. Does do wonders for depression just getting thyself off the couch and forcing it, so I think I will try and find time to go for a nice walk today, or do Turbojam, Need to get into those DVD's, I had to have em, now need to use em!!

Kris, wish I could join you in BC, sounds like an awesome class.

Jeni, what are the kids gonna be for Halloween?

Mindy, hope today is a better day!!

JB, nice to see you, lets both stick with it and we'll get to know each other better...

HT, Michelle, all, hey, get back here with me! Refocus, we are worth it!!!

W lots of it!
E Something for 1/2 hour minimum!
E Mostly OP, made banana muffins this am, already ate a couple, so POP is not gonna be today, but I am striving for 90/10
D Pulling myself up, on notch at a time!!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote