Old 10-12-2009, 01:31 AM   #1  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Cool W.O.W Halloween Challenge ~ Week 6!

girls!

Decided to be productive while I'm up and start this week's thread.

I hope you had a great weekend! Mine was so-so, I was a little depressed last night because I missed my friends back home but it led into a NSV: I permed my own hair for the first time! And it actually turned out okay, a little wavy and my ends need to be clipped(see photo), but alright! I'm just tickled about conquering something that seems so simple to everyone else. Now I just need to get the hang of wrapping my hair and I'll be straight.

*Sorry for the huge pic, I don't know how to make it smaller. >.<

I also lost 1.2 lbs this week. But I was looking at my WI calendar and TOM is due soon. I want him to come now so he can't screw up my next WI but I doubt that will happen.

to a fabulous week for everyone!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 05:44 AM   #2  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Shari~Thanks for starting the thread! Congrats on the loss and perming your own hair.

Grazer, like Mindy said "if I can do it, so can you!" It has taken over 3 years and I have had my ups and downs.

Mindy! Congrats on the low and the jeans!

One~I'm glad you are staying OP with your food, the exercise will come.

My stats (although I may change this tomorrow when I weigh in after sleeping all night)
Week 1~148
Week 2~145
Week 3~144
Week 4~142
Week 5~141
Week 6~139

I was talking to our Health and Saftey manager yesterday about the n1h1 and west nile viruses. Mostly because I was sneezing and coughing when she saw me. Our company's policy during this time is now "send you home if you have a fever" and if illness starts to spread through the plant "send you home if you are couging". This is way different than the if you throw up you go home, otherwise suck it up attitude (atleast my supervisor has). I asked her about our attendance policy which pretty much says if you have 12 instances in 12 months you are gone. (but you are on probation if you miss 6 in 6 months) She told me that if the virus hits us then the company will be forgiving on attendance. Ya, right.

I am actually feeling mostly better in the mornings, but the evenings i am dead. I am going in to work today, but that is only because I was promised help (or actually they are going to replace a person that is always there, but I end up doing her job because she is always off somewhere else.)

W 64 oz
E extra laps. If I am up to it I may take the kids to busy town (childcare room at the gym)
E 1200 good ole calories
D try not to complain about not feeling well, I don't want to get sent home.

Last edited by jcatron243; 10-13-2009 at 10:45 AM.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 11:02 AM   #3  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Just wanted to pop in and say heeeeey!

Haven't been thinking about being OP but seem to be evening out anyway. I'd love to see 249 (240 anything really) by the end of this challenge. Talked to an old friend yesterday and she is all gung ho, gonna do this, blah blah blah and she made me realize how unmotivated I've been. So I got the half assed inclination to try again this week. Always need my WOW girls!

Columbus day, no school for the kidders.

Let me answer the question from a week ago, what am I doing to get outside my comfort zone? Well this community service is a bit out of my zone, I help out at the Habitat for Humanity ReStore, do you have one in your area? All the merchandise is secondhand, donated and sold to profit Habitat, which I know you all know about. I lift beds, unload trucks, stuff like that. Keeps me on my feet and active.

Mini goal this week....Get to the gym at least once. Sounds do-able. Trying to find a BALANCE. Life is about balance. Last week I was miserable doing this community service and not getting in ANY AA meetings, I was having some crazy thoughts and was feeling BAD! But got to two meetings over the weekend, can go Tuesday and saturday at least this week. So I'm working my meetings back in, this week I need to work some exercise back in.

Ohhhhh and guess what!?! I need to write a letter requesting to do so, but the board of nursing is reviewing my case NOVEMBER FIRST! So it is feasable that I could be working again SOON. I think I'll feel like my life is getting back on track when I get back to work in my field.

Kids are doing good. Sometimes I can't believe how big Robert is getting. He'll be TEN (yes friends, that's double digits) in November. OMG.

OKay, lets work some WEED and head over to read the last two weeks worth of threads.

W-3-4 Liters
E- B-Fiber one and banana, L- McD's grilled chick ceasar salad with Italian and coffee D- marinated garlic chicken (on the foreman grill? maybe outside grill if I'm feeling it), zucchini (let me find a link for you....http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/e...ipe/index.html) and something else, salad maybe? Snack if needed, apples/pb.
E- Vigorous house cleaning with vaccuuming of the steps. I doubt today will be the day I sneak in some gym time.
D- Job interview, 1pm (I'll tell you about it later...ugh) Kids home today so enjoy them. Thinking about aa meeting tonight but usually aren't motivated to go out in the evenings. stay POP JUST FOR TODAY. Like we say in AA, one day at a time. Take it easy. Keep it simple.

Glad to be back. Love you all. xo Michelle

Last edited by NurseMichelle; 10-12-2009 at 11:10 AM.
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 11:55 AM   #4  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Morning Girls! Auntie Krissy here! (have I mentioned how excited I am that lil sis is preggers?!?!)

Nchellie - so good to hear from you and even better that you are staying busy and positive things are on the move. Never lose the faith girl. NEVER! I cant wait to hear that the board is soooo impressed with your progress that they want you back to work! Speak it into existance! Every morning - Thank you Jesus for my new job! It works!

Shari - you are so much stinkin' fun! I dig the hair and the non-defeatist attitude! YOU ROCK!

Jen - ahhh... the lovely flu bug. I got my shot last Tuesday. Though my arm was gonna fall off the rest of the week. But everyone around me is sick, and I'm not. It WILL stay that way! And those absence policies... we have something similar. The sup that enforces it the hardest does not have a great positive following. But I can see the need for it if there are abusers.

Mindy - my wonderfully shrinking little friend. Remember when we were the same weight? you, my dear, have rocketed to your new low. You should be proud, and should send me all your old fat pants! No, you know what, never mind! I'm coming for your skinny pants girl!

Okay, so I am on a schedule today. I'm off work. FH left for Idaho at 1am this morning, and I have a day off work to myself, work T-W-TH and then another 3 days to myself. The dog is glad "papa's" gone cuz it means she can sleep on the bed but I still adjusting. He should be back in 2 weeks max. Woot!

AND TODAY IS THE DAY! BOOTCAMP STARTS! 6PM I WILL BE REGRETTING THE CIGARETTES, DEL TACO, DORITOS AND CHOCOLATE THAT I ATE THIS WEEKEND. AM I YELLING? Sorry.

Gonna go blog for a few. Time to renew my brain spilling with out boring all of you. And then:

Clean the house (mostly done)
Trip to mall to get a couple new workout outfits, and some boots for work.
Reread and finish all of my get motivated for skinny me stuff!
Head to Boot Camp.

W- ugh... okay... 64 (that killed my spirits)
E - Portion control what I do - BOOTCAMP will be ditating my diet soon
E - Bootcamp
D - Start this and then finish it. Its okay to sweat, be winded, and push yourself. STEP OUT OF THE COMFORT ZONE!

One, Grazer, Mavie, Sunny, Ja, and anyone else I forget - much love to ya! Check back later tonight!

Auntie Krissy (HA! Just love that!)
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 07:06 PM   #5  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Well here are the stats for this week.

WEEK 1: the week of the Bat: 256.5 Where did that come from??? I was 181.2
WEEK 2: the week of the Ghost: 181.2
WEEK 3: the week of the Vampire: 181.4
WEEK 4: the week of the Jack-o-Lantern: 180.6 okay, so here is a teenie loss.
WEEK 5: the week of Frankenstein: 179 Okay down 1.6. I'll take it.
WEEK 6: the week of the black cat: 177.6 another 1.4 YIPPY!!!
WEEK 7: the week of the zombie:
WEEK 8: the week of witch:
WEIGH OUT, Saturday, October 31st...TRICK? OR TREAT?

I am gunnin for that 175. 176 would be good too because that is my 75 pound loss weight. Almost 75 pounds. OMG!!! Is all I can say. Who would have thunk it???

Shari- you are brave doing your hair yourself. I would mess mine up. I get mine cut and colored Th. YAY!! My grey is starting to show.

Jeni- Stay healthy. I refuse to get the flu shot. I HATE shots.

Michelle- Good luck to you girl. You are so close to getting your life back. You have worked hard and deserve it.

Nix- I just took 5 pairs of pants to work today and gave them to a friend. Size 16's. Way too big. She was thrilled. Some were barely worn and one pair I never did wear. Bought in the spring and had "outgrown" them by fall. Get some cute workout stuff. It makes working out more fun.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:09 PM   #6  
I'll survive!!

S/C/G: 195/186/145

Height: 5'8

Room for 1 more ladies? I'm back and I'm fat..lol.
jellybeansss76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 09:19 PM   #7  
yes girl

S/C/G: 201.4/179.8/130

Height: 5'0"

i forgot to weigh in this morning but i shall post it tomorrow.
onestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:56 PM   #8  
The Sky is the Limit!

206 lbs!
I survived my first night of boot camp. It was quiet the wake up call. Apparently my 20 something yearold mind is a complete farce, because my almost 40 body is severly out of shape. This camp is going to rock my world girls. And my weight has got to come off ~ if this wont do it, then I am destined to be a lard arse and thats just that. Is it normal that I cant feel my legs?

Tiggie - 175 ALL DAY LONG. You've got it in the bag by the end of the challenge. Head strong woman. Head strong!

Okay... I am going to go shower and melt into my bed. Be good girls!

Welcome back Beans! I'm still here and I'm fat!

Last edited by Nixmom; 10-12-2009 at 11:03 PM.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:51 AM   #9  
The Sky is the Limit!

Is it morning already? My legs are pissed at me!
Old 10-13-2009, 08:57 AM   #10  
I'll survive!!

S/C/G: 195/186/145

Height: 5'8

I hadn't logged in for almost a year and when I saw the 165 on my old ticker I thought "I wish". I have managed to gain 30 pounds in the past year. I tried to start my dieting and exercising back several times, but could only hang for a week at the most. I'm ready to do this and keep it off this time.
My WEED for today
W-32
E-1200
E-Gazelle off 500 cals, stay moving.
D-Take it one day at a time. Stay positive.
jellybeansss76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:17 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 147/See Ticker/124

Height: 5'6''

Hi,

Was quite sick over the weekend but starting to feel better again today so back to the gym tomorrow. I eat some bad foods over the weekend(again) as I was feeling unwell

Heres what ive eaten today:

B: 2 egg whites and 1 slice cheese
Snack: 1 atkins choc bar
L: Chicken and peppers
Snack: 1 atkins choc bar
D: Chicken and Ham Salad

Going to give the low carb thing a go...
ja23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 11:06 AM   #12  
Calorie Counter

Michelle~I do love it when you are here. Life is defianatly about balance isn't it. I hope you find yours, you know how good you feel after you work out. My Tommy is going to be 4 on friday.

One~speaking of balance hows is everything working out for you?

Kris~I'm glad you survived bootcamp~Your legs will forgive you adventually. Just make sure you get in plenty of water, we don't want you dehyderated.

Mindy~ Yay for 177! You will get to t175 pound mark in no time. You know as well as I do that you just have to keep persistant. Our stubborn bodies will listen to us

Welcome back Jellybean! we sure did miss you. I'm sorry that you gained that weight back, but now that you are back here its a good step in getting motivated again.

Ja~I hope you are feeling better.

So I changed my stats up above. I weighed in at 139 today!!!!!! I am going to make my official w/i day Mondays on my weeks off and Tuesdays on my weeks on.

On tap for today: gym~dishes~laundry~vaccum~pick up Makenna~homework~dinner~swim lessons~bed.

W 80 oz
E 60 minutes
E 1200 cals
D start doing some more ab work, I have gotten lax on this.

Editing~Workout done! I couldn't get on a treadmill so I did the elliptical.

Last edited by jcatron243; 10-13-2009 at 01:06 PM.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:18 PM   #13  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

hey ladies, i'm here....just trying to recover from stomach crudola since thursday. Friday boss was a PITA so that didn't help my attitude at the end of the day.....I was already upset about b.s. at the office on Thursday as I was getting ready to leave. This job's pushing me to the limits...as well as DH. I overdid my self saturday and was miserable sunday....i got up and moving later on and went to my performance but went home, still felt bad, and then just kept my butt home yesterday. I know I didn't eat as much to gain 2 lbs over the weekend (as a matter of fact as much as I was keeping in, you would think I'd lose weight) so i'm not trusting the scale today. could've been what i ate so full of sodium. who knows.

But yes I am here. Power went out this am with the rain.....had to bring my makeup to work to fix myself up.....apparently i missed a few spots LOLOL.

ok gonna run, so far LO cal day. bbl!!
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 04:26 PM   #14  
Calorie Counter

Amy i hate stomach bugs. It seems like this storm is hitting most of the west coast. We haven't lost power (yet).
Old 10-13-2009, 10:05 PM   #15  
yes girl

S/C/G: 201.4/179.8/130

jcat- i feel like i'm drowning over here. i have no time for anything except work and sleep. i am edgy with my daughter b/c i ahvent been able to enjoy her. it seems like lately its just been like work with her. i think its the terrible twos. she's not listening, hitting, major attitude....etc. u get the picture. i'm still overwhelmed and hoping this will end soon. i'm so drained.

sorry for the whining!

weigh - in today was 171.8. not too bad considering no exercise in about 2 weeks

sw: 177
gw: 161

week 1: 174.6 good start
week 2: 176.4
week 3: 173.6
week 4: 171.0
week 5: 169.8
week 6: 171.8
week 7:
week 8:

w:3 water bottles (48oz.)
e: still workin on that one... lol