Old 10-18-2009, 09:58 PM   #1  
Jessica, Becoming Me

S/C/G: 260 / 199 / 150

Height: 5' 6" | MG: 185

Default H2Wow Challenge

Okay. First, I'm not sure if there's another one out there. I did a search, couldn't find anything. So, I thought I'd start a new thread.

Drinking enough water can be a vital part of losing weight. We've all heard it, right? But how many of us put it into practice... successfully? And how much water is "enough" anyway? A good rule of thumb is to take how much you weigh and divide it by two. That's how many ounces of water you should be drinking. If you're doing a heavy workout, you'll need more than that.

For example. I weigh 230 lbs. I should be drinking 115 ounces. I'm not. That's part of the reason I'm starting this challenge. On a good day, I manage about 50 ounces. On a bad day, I've been known to drink less than 20. But increasing your daily intake of water can be tough. First of all, if you suddenly start drinking 100+ ounces when you've been averaging 20, you'll likely find yourself spending a lot of time in the bathroom. Not to mention that when you're not used to it, you don't really think about it.

How it works. (Or can, feel free to modify.) Each week, I'm going to give myself a new minimum goal. That's the amount I'll aim at drinking each day. If I go under, feel free to throw rotten vegetables. If I go above, I give you permission to cheer. If you'd like to participate, I promise I'll cheer for you, too. You can check in every day, or once a week if you want.

Yay, H2O!

Week 1: Oct 18.09 - Oct 24.09: 50 per day. 350 for week.
10.18 : 50.7 // 10.19 : 67.6 // 10.20 : // 10.21 : // 10.22 : // 10.23 : // 10.24 :

Last edited by garnetrising; 10-19-2009 at 09:16 PM.
garnetrising is offline   Reply With Quote