Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 12:10 PM   #301  

S/C/G: 219.6/209/149

Height: 5ft8inches

OK, week two of my diet is complete and I am down to 207 - 8 pounds to go by Thanksgiving to try and reach my goal of 199. If I could lose anther 5 I would be THRILLED!!

SW:219
CW:207
Old 11-11-2009, 12:18 PM   #302  

Fatpants - great photo! You look hot!!!

With my running I am starting to notice my quads feeling fierce, too!
Old 11-11-2009, 12:47 PM   #303  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueridgegirl View Post
Fatpants - great photo! You look hot!!!

With my running I am starting to notice my quads feeling fierce, too!
Thank you! It's the dress I picked out to wear to all the company holiday parties this year. I am pretty excited about it... now on to the great shoe hunt.

Anyway! Aren't the feeling of quads awesome!! My thighs are problem areas... they have always been pretty jiggly but running has definitely developed them! I hope to have runner's legs one day...
Old 11-11-2009, 02:34 PM   #304  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Fatpants - that dress is stunning on you!

blueridge - .5lbs a week will definitely add up over time - totally understand your 'need for speed' though! My knee is okay today and am looking forward to getting in some miles with a walk/elliptical day tomorrow.
Old 11-13-2009, 09:20 AM   #305  
Crazy runner

Happy Friday, everyone! That means Thanksgiving is less than 2 weeks away!! I think I'm still stuck in September or something...it doesn't feel like the holidays just yet!

Here is my WI for the week:

SW: 165
CW: 154
GW: 150

Really happy with my loss this week (2+ lbs). At this rate I'll probably miss my goal by 1-2 lbs, but I'm just happy to be moving in the right direction!
Old 11-14-2009, 12:21 PM   #306  

S/C/G: 258/Ticker/199

Oh, everyone is doing so well!! Congrats. I weighed in at the same 249 that I weighed in last week BUT I am not upset or discouraged. In fact, I'm relieved. I ate fruitcake this week. A lot of fruitcake, in fact. You see, I've lost both of my parents in the past two years and am, in fact, coming up on the one year anniversary of my father's passing. They loved fruitcake. So, while wallowing in my misery, I bought a fruitcake and for the past four nights have had a piece for Mom AND a piece for Dad. Gotta get a grip before it does, indeed, catch up with me! So, on to next week!
Old 11-14-2009, 12:26 PM   #307  

CharlieJune - I am sorry for your loss. It seems like you are aware that you are an emotional eater, and that the fruitcake consumption is coming from your grief. Good for you - knowing that there is a connection between your emotions and your eating habits is the first step. Are there other ways that you could respond to your grief and process it?

Fatpants - congrats on your loss!

I wanted to share two non-scale pieces of good news:
1) I just measured my waist with a measuring tape and it's at 39 inches. I can't remember the last time my waist was under 40 inches! Wowza!
2) Also, last night I went to the gym with the goal of running a sub-ten minute mile and I ran a mile on the treadmill in 9:30! Thirty whole seconds faster than ten minutes. This has been a goal for me for a while so I'm excited to have met it.

Been pretty well on track this week - hoping I'll have good scale news to report on Sunday! Crossing my fingers this is the week I hit the '30 pounds lost' mark!
Old 11-17-2009, 12:28 PM   #308  
Crazy runner

blueridge - a sub-10mm is FANTASTIC!! You are FAST! I'm still running an 11:30mm Wow, you are meant to be a runner!! Keep up the good work!

How is everyone else doing? Just over a week until T-day! I will definitely not make my goal (still 4 lbs out at this point) but hoping to be down to 152 by Thanksgiving.

What are your game plans for Thanksgiving? I am thinking the "one scoop of things I like" might work... that way I won't feel deprived by having a little of the foods that I love.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:16 PM   #309  

Fatpants/skinny jeans - Thanks...still, it was a 9:30 mile on a treadmill. I don't think I could go that fast just running on a road or the track. In fact, I tried my first outside running on Monday and found it more challenging than the treadmill (hills!) plus not as gentle on my knees. So I think I'll stick to the treadmill for the most part, at least for now.

Dancer - drop us a line!

No loss for me this week, so I won't be in onederland by Tgiving for sure, but I am feeling good about sticking to my plan and know that I'm getting healthier. AND I had a great NSV this week: I went to get a massage on Monday afternoon, and my massage therapist (the only person besides my bf whoever sees and touches me with no clothes on) said, "wow, have you been doing a lot of hiking or something? I can tell you have really been working your lower body muscles." This is someone who I see every month so her noticing a difference means a lot. The scale isn't too kind to me but it seems like I have had a pretty stream of NSVs which keeps me going.

Have a great week, all! Only 8 more days til Thanksgiving.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:35 PM   #310  
Crazy runner

blue, a 9:30 on the treadmill is still VERY impressive! Running outside, on the plus side - at least around here - we have hills, so I usually crank up the speed when I'm going down hill and generally end up with a faster mile time-wise than on the treadmill. Of course the flip side of that is that to go down a hill, you have to go up the hill! I agree it is harder to run outside. I began running on the TM and was getting pretty good when I switched to jogging outside...it was like starting to run all over again. Little nuances in elevation that our naked eye can't see are definitely felt by our legs! And yes it is definitely harder on the joints.. whenever my knee acts up I switch to the TM for a run or two just to give it a break from the harder surface.

Congrats on the compliments from your therapist! She is probably pretty intimate with the muscular system so for her to notice is quite a compliment. What kind of massages do you get? I have always wanted to get one, but I always worry that I will be uncomfortable being naked or at least topless.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:52 PM   #311  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Howdy, girls! Sorry to have been a bit MIA - I was traveling last week and with the whole outage thing, got a bit out of the posting habit.

blueridge - you are one speedy gonzales - that's awesome! Can't believe you're zooming like that - I'm a bit more like fatpants - 12ish miles are great for me. That's a great compliment from your massage person - woohoo!

fatpants - the distraction factor of running outside makes the perceived difficulty so much less for me - isn't it interesting how we all see things a little differently? I'm loving the running tights still although with my shorter slower runs lately to let my knee heal up, I hardly feel like I deserve them. I bought a couple l/s drifit tops to layer with last week and I'm loving them! And btw, deep tissue sports massage is the best. I always go to a woman as I figure if I'm tense and self-conscious it will hardly be a relaxing experience but they are always super considerate and do lots of draping so it's not like you're just lying around naked on table with everything hanging out in open view. You will love it, I'm sure!
Old 11-19-2009, 09:40 AM   #312  

Okay, it's a few days late, but I did pull off my standard 1/2 pound loss for the week and weighed in today at 206.5. YAY! Just half a pound from the 30 pound mark - I'm being diligent about keeping my calories under 1500 a day so should be able to be there by my Monday weigh in.

And re the running outside - oh yes, being the foothills of the blue ridge mountains means that there are some serious hills around here. I'm going to see where I can find some trails to avoid the road running - seeking both a softer surface and a space away from vehicle traffic.

Oh, my goodness - I love massage and I am a total believer in it. I am a huge cheapskate and tend to try to save on everything, but massages are one place where I feel fine splurging. I feel like it does so much for my physical, mental and emotional health to get an aromatherapy massage once a month. I've gone to the same therapist (a woman) for years and feel comfortable with her. She's overweight herself which maybe helps. The first time I went I felt self-conscious, but the therapist just said, "I'm used to all manner of bodies" in a way that helped me to just let go and enjoy it. And, yeah, only the part of the body she is working on is uncovered and the rest is draped with a sheet so it feels fairly private. Once I get more advanced in my running I definitely want to get into sports massages - maybe as a treat after my first races.

Took a break yesterday cause I was feeling tired and had a headache, but planning to get a good long run 3.5-4 miles plus lifting in today. Still, it seems like what I eat has way more to do with my weight loss than exercise, so right now my primary focus has to be keeping calories under 1500 each day as that appears to be the magic number for me.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:24 PM   #313  

S/C/G: 219.6/209/149

Height: 5ft8inches

week 3 complete and I am down to 203!! I AM THRILLED!! 4 more punds to my thanksgiving goal of 199 - WOO freakin HOO!!!!
Old 11-21-2009, 03:03 PM   #314  

Good news - down a pound! I'm at 205.5! Hopefully I can shave off that .5 at be at 205 by my official weigh in day on Monday. Onederland is getting closer!
Old 11-22-2009, 09:51 PM   #315  

S/C/G: 258/Ticker/199

Congrats, Blueridgegirl and Jillsusan! I didn't do my weigh in this Friday because it is my TOM and I refuse to see that needle go back to the 250 mark even though I know it has a cause other than diet! LOL I doubt I will make my weight loss goal, but I am still exhilarated to have seen the 40s for the first time in years. Hope everyone has an awesome Thanksgiving. I'll 'see' ya'll Friday!

Have a beautiful day!
Closed Thread