3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   G2009 Seeing Myself in the Mirror is Scary! Halloween Challenge! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/181250-g2009-seeing-myself-mirror-scary-halloween-challenge.html)

JasonsLea 10-25-2009 07:38 PM

:wave: girls!

Just got back in from taking Pullo on his first walk beyond the apartment complex. It went rather well. WI was today and I'm down 4.4 lbs! Don't ask me how I did that, I don't know! :dizzy: One more week till Halloween, I would need to lose 4.8 lbs to make my goal but that is next to impossible. If I lose another 2 lbs, I'll be elated cause that's the closest I've been to reaching a challenge goal in ......forever! :D I need to study for my test tomorrow, please send good thoughts my way so I can catch on to this new job quickly! It's the end of the month so I need to start making goals for November. They will include a gym schedule since I'm only working one job again. :lifter:

Peace. :grouphug:

sprklemajik 10-25-2009 09:15 PM

Way to Go Shari on the loss!!

Mel and Shari - I'm with you on the lost motivation. I really don't know why it was so easy for me for so long.... but it was like once I got out of the habits (depressed when lost job in March) I just never seemed to be able to get back on track. Maybe we should start a back on track challenge in November (this would be up to you too Eny)? Everyone commit to posting at least once a day, sharing what's going on? I've started a new exercise program and kicked my committment back into gear (still very little motivation, but they are two different things). I know I've said this a half dozen times by this point, and I'm hoping this is the last time I say it.

Everyone feel free to post, I'll be posting every day from now on. Lets talk about how we're struggling or how we're winning!
I'll start now-- I did strength training today (nearly keeled me :) ) and my calories are at 1590. I wanted candybars at the grocery store... but I resisted. Halloween candy calls my name from the kitchen cabinet, but I refuse to open the bag until saturday afternoon, and I will give it all away.

Bigmid 10-25-2009 09:21 PM

Hi everyone,
Sorry I have been so busy lately I haven't been posting. I am just going to PM my weight which is down 3lbs for the week so I am feeling pretty good seening as I had a couple not so good meals in there. Best of luck to everyone for the week.

JasonsLea 10-26-2009 07:39 PM

Sparkle ~ Good to see you! I think a getting back on track challenge will be fabulous! I think alot of us need it.

Jacky ~ Thank you for sending in your WI, you were the only one. :( Oh well, gotta keep chugging along.

Today was okay. Before I realized what I was doing, I managed to scarfed down two Peanut Butter cups. :dz: Whatever. Next week, we start taking live calls and I'm super nervous! TTYL!

sprklemajik 10-26-2009 08:14 PM

Shari - sorry I didn't send my weigh in. I'm still at 210... guess the depression of being stuck Sunday didn't motivatve me to send a PM.

Great weigh in Bigmid! Congrats!

So... for next month's challenge... what if we did a team participation challenge. Spent 2 weeks where we divide into teams and get points for, 1) posting daily, 2) turning in the weekly weigh in weights, 3)being on plan each day. That means teams could get several points each day, and even if you weren't loosing you could still get points for checking in (and hopefully the more you check in the more you'll be on plan).

My day's report. Day off from exercise (strenght training yesterday) calories are currently 1360, but I'm going to try and get a 150 calorie - 200 calorie snack to bring me to 1500 cals.

McKenziesmomma 10-26-2009 10:09 PM

splarkle - sounds like a plan...anything to help us all get motivated again right???? I think your right we could all be accountable for posting our daily points....we could have points just for posting, points for on track with food, points for on track with water, points for on track with exercise, and the weekly weigh ins....and we could even do like so many extra points if you post a healthy meal idea you found online....and it could just be a link you don't have to go all out.....or ways to get in quick exercise.

See I'm motivated already :D

JazzyPeggy 10-27-2009 01:26 AM

Sparkle, sounds like a plan to me. I do like this 2009 challenges in that if you don't report your wi you are out. Makes you think before you skip it.

sprklemajik 10-27-2009 09:05 PM

Melissa and Peggy - Glad to have a little support on this :) I think this will be something to challenge us all to plug back in and keep accountable. Hopefully with the start of a new challenge we'll get a few others returning/starting the next challenge.

So for today: Exercise: 45 minutes strenght training (I'm following the plans set out in the New Rules of Lifting for Women--DCHound recommended it.) Calories 1675. --oh yesterdays calories ended up at 1505. My weight is up a pinch, but I think it's weight lifting starting (hopefully I'll be back down by time for next challenge). I really do want to break below 200 one day.... awww... how sad. I've been as close as I am right now since like March.

JasonsLea 10-27-2009 11:22 PM

:wave: girls!

It's finally over and done with. Today, I finished processing out from the VA. It's.....kinda weird. But I don't regret my decision. I'm....happy! :D Just really happy.

Sparkle ~ If you're not too busy, do you think you could help me with the challenge till Eny comes back? Cause you got these great ideas while I have nil. :)

Wish me luck on my test tomorrow!

:grouphug:

JazzyPeggy 10-28-2009 01:46 AM

I guess I'll just check in every day, since it's only a few days left in October, so I'll get in the habit for the November challenge. I haven't done too bad today, just a few points over, but I'm determined to finally get it right. I'll be back tomorrow, hopefully earlier. lol

JazzyPeggy 10-29-2009 08:22 AM

Wow, I was the only one here yesterday. Can't wait for the new challenge.

jessicado22 10-29-2009 08:32 PM

Sorry I've been MIA ladies. Life has been SUPER busy lately. Just wanted to check in and say I did make my goal though! Started out this challenge at 263 and my goal was 239 and right now I am at 236.5 so I am happy. Even with a few days left to spare too! Woohoo!

sprklemajik 10-30-2009 08:59 AM

Jessica- Way to Go!!!! Congrats, that's some super hard work :)

Peggy - sorry, I've been slammed trying to finish up my halloween costume. It's sooooo much work. :) I'm ready for the next challenge too.

I've been spot on calorie wise, another couple days of 1650 and 1675... I missed my exercise last night, but am going to try and squeeze it in this afternoon before the halloween party tonight. I've also volunteered to be the DD-- so no wasted calories on alcohol for me :) smart and safe.

So for next challenge-- how about 1 point for each day you post, 3 points on plan (2 for food/1 for water), 1 point for each 30 minutes of exercise, and 5 points for posting the weekly weigh in? I'll make a spreadsheet and divide us up into teams. :)

JazzyPeggy 10-30-2009 01:15 PM

Sparkle, Tessa, that sounds great!!!!

McKenziesmomma 10-31-2009 02:30 PM

Sparkle that sounds fantastic! So.....who is gonna start the new challenge thread....???