Old 08-31-2009, 05:24 AM   #1  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Default W.O.W Labor Day Challenge~Last WEEK!

This is the last week ladies, lets make it count!

Stats
Week 1: 151
Week 2: 148
Week 3: 149
Week 4: 150
Week 5: 146!
Week 6: 145!
Week 7: 143!
Week 8: 147 EWW
Week 9: 144

I'm bummed my Gym is closed all weekend for a maintanance shut down. Closed Friday through Monday

Last edited by jcatron243; 08-31-2009 at 05:34 AM.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 10:18 AM   #2  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Morning!

Silly me... I thought last week was the last week. My brains are scrambled.

Here's all I can pull outta my memory ~
SW: 208.8 (today)
GW: 207 by Sunday.

I dusted off the ole exercise ball last night right ~ filled it up good and big and set it aside to use this week. Well the boys (DSS's) decided to play on it. Jeff told them to quit and put it away. But one final bounce from the littlest resulted in 2 broken bones in his left arm last night. 20 minutes before we were leaving to taking every one home. Needless to say, his mamma was not happy. There's a much longer story about that.... but I'll save that for off the internet!

K girls. Got lots of work to do today. Looking forward to a work out today...

Jen ~ sorry you have no gym for a week. See it as an opportunity to challenge yourself to find something new to do!

BBL
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 07:59 PM   #3  
Calorie Counter

New?? Me???? NO WAY I hate trying new things.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:40 PM   #4  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

SW- 185
CW- 180.6 I was 179.6 yesterday.
I hope to be back in the 170's by the end of this challenge.

Thank you for your kind words and thoughts girls. It has been tough. I find myself just breaking out in tears at random times. It is so strange not having him here. Sometimes it just takes me by surprise. I know this is all normal, it is just hard and I don't want to be sad anymore. They are certainly members of our family and losing him leaves a hole in our lives. Thanks again girls.

Nix- Not funny about the little ones arm, but man!! Sometimes they just have to learn the hard way. My son was forever doing stupid things, and then paying for them. Boys will be boys.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 08:26 AM   #5  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Wow, so much to comment on. Mindy, I am so sorry about your loss. I am sure you did everything you could. No regrets. I am sure it is devastating to watch though. I'm sure he's quite at peace now, and is already running around with Inga. Biggest hugs and much love to you. xoxoxo

Kris...yikes! Broken arm?? I love what Mindy said, boys will be boys, that was exactly what I thought too. But of course it doesn't help the relationship with his mom, who probably already has her own issues with you. (I assume) I am going to look for your wedding dress when I'm done posting here. Do you have a David's bridal near you? I think I'll look on that website. Be back to post in a bit.

Jeni, you made me laugh right out loud about you trying new things. We are so much alike. If my gym closed for a spell, I don't know what I'd do either. Not that I'm going lately, mind you. LOL Do you do videos at your home? I thought I remembered you doing videos a long time ago. I don't have the discipline, I just sit down instead. Oh you can do your Wii?

Watch this....

WEEK 1: 259.0
WEEK 2: 258.0
WEEK 3: 254.0
WEEK 4: 253.0
WEEK 5: 252.0
WEEK 6: 250.5
WEEK 7: 250.5
WEEK 8: 249.5
WEEK 9: Blew off the weigh in, ate like crap this weekend. LOL

Yea.....that was strange, I've been eating exactly on target almost this whole challenge and I totally binged out this weekend. I think I was nervous about starting bowling (wooohooo!) but doing it sober around a bunch of drunk people. Plus I graduated from IMPACT last thursday and I think I was grieving losing that too. But I am happy that my schedule is finally lightening up. I went walking yesterday while the kids were in school (YAY!) and I'm already dressed to go again this morning. So I'll just wait and weigh out for the challenge next Monday. I had 245 for a goal, but I'll be thrilled with 248. Anything less would be icing.

Kris, I PMed you about getting hooked up on facebook. If the rest of you get on there (which I HIGHLY recommend!) let me know!!! Amy (holyT) is on my friends list, I'll see if I can get her to join our next challenge, speaking of which, Halloween? Thanksgiving? I vote Halloween. I actually still have a few of you on my MySpace page(jeni, Shari). Which I rarely even check these days, unless I get an email alert that anyone sent me a message. FB is so much funner. (yes, Mindy, I know the teacher in you just cringed when I said funner)

Okay time to go wait for the bus. Love you all. xoxooxMichelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 09:40 AM   #6  
Calorie Counter

Good Morning my friends. I hope everyone is doing well!

Kris, I was also going to say that about boys will be boys. Its not your fault that an accident happened. JEEZ.

Mindy, I'm sure you will get back to the 170's! You are doing awsome, weight loss just slows down.

Michelle, everyone I know is on facebook. Except me. I will have to set myself up on there, but I don't know how often I will check it. I never check myspace.

My choices for working out:
1. Go for a jog outside (probably in the rain) which I will do IF it is not a down pour.

2. Pilates Video

3. Wii Fit

4. My normal ab/strength workout.

5. All of the above.

Chances are I wont get in any cardio this weekend, we are expecting some rain this weekend. I will do the rest of my stuff listed though. and I will jog if there is just light rain.

I was very happy with my scale this morning. It was down to 142! I wish I could have put that in my stats for yesterday. Oh well there is always next Monday. I am voting for a Halloween challenge as well. Its 8 weeks I believe.

W 80 oz
E 45 cardio 20 weights 15 abs/stretching
E 1200 planned clean calories
D I want to go visit my mom and sister today, I haven't seen either of them in 2 months.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:21 AM   #7  
The Sky is the Limit!

Morning ladies! Fly by posting.

Nchellie ~ I'll head to facebook at lunch! And yes, there is Davids bridal about 45 minutes away!

Jen - I guess since what you do OVER and OVER is working, then I can't raz ya for not trying something new. I need to try anything at all!

Mtiggie - slow and steady wins the race. Any race! I learned that from you and today I am down .2 and going to be happy with that. Will simply repeat decent choices for another day and see if .2 keeps falling away!

Where's everyone else? Mavie? Grazer?

I joined the Biggest Loser Challenge AGAIN (4th time is a charm, right?)
K - back to work. Be good!
Old 09-01-2009, 01:40 PM   #8  
Calorie Counter

Well Kris, I do change every once in a while. REALLY I DO! I change my clothes every day

actually I did start interval training because I heard 6 weeks and most women drop a pant size (worked for me) and I did start weight training last week so I do change, but very rarely.

(Oh and I did join facebook today, just not sure what to do with it yet).

Last edited by jcatron243; 09-01-2009 at 01:41 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:59 PM   #9  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Oh my goodness! Exercise makes us do crazy things!!!! So I finally got off my butt and went to walk the trail. Did the 2.2 miles, about 45 minutes (?) and decided I wasn't ready to stop, so I took another fork in the trail, walked 20 min only to have that path end in a swamp! So went all the way back...felt tired, right up until I was almost back to the begining, got ANOTHER wind, decided to take a different fork, and did another 20 min back and forth. so my 45 min walk turned into 90 minutes. It was warmish with a cool breeze and felt FABULOUS. I wish I remembered how good that feels, then I'd never hesitate to do it!!!

Off to find Jeni and become her first FB friend!!! xo Michelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:18 PM   #10  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

girls!

Jeni ~ Sorry the gym closed on you. That sucks! Maybe you can pal around with the kiddos for exercise this week? I vote for the Halloween challenge too.

Nix ~ Sorry the little one hurt himself. Kids. I love the ideas so far about the wedding! I don't know much about weddings or dresses, all I can tell you is to not get a dress you can't walk in! I remember I watched some wedding dress show with Nessa and this chick picked out this dress that was really fitted around her hips and she couldn't even walk in it! Her father and uncle had to help her out the car and into the church! What's the point of that?! Thanks for the encouragement btw. And I rejoined the BL challenge too! Maybe we'll be on the same team!

Mindy ~ So sorry about your dog. But WTG on seeing the 170s! And 35 students in one class is beyond stupid. How can each kid get the needed one-on-one interaction?

Michelle ~ You did awesome for this challenge! WTG on the exercise! I have the same problem, when I do it, I feel wonderful, it's just the getting me to remember that that is the problem!

I'm on Facebook, but like Myspace, I rarely use it. I'll love to have everyone as a friend though. I guess yall can pm me?

Personals, FTW! Wooot!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 10:27 PM   #11  
mtiger

Wink

Ladies, thank you for your support on my loss. I only cry a few times a day now. Guess that is an improvement. I know it will get better. It's still really fresh.

I was still 180.6 today. TOM is in about a week, so this time gets a little wonky. Just hope I don't go up too much. I want those 170's back. it looks like most of us are on facebook these days and can all be friends. I pm'd a few of you tonight. Look me up.

Michelle- things are really changing for you. Finishing your program, kids in school, bowling. Lots happening. You keep up the good work. you have been doing awesome.

Jeni- You will always find a way to workout. Congrats on that 142. I want to be there with you someday.

Nix- That's right!! Slow and steady. You can do it. How about a size 10 wedding dress?? I too am doing the BL challenge again. We will probably be on opposing teams again. Good luck!!! By the way. Red kicked blue's tail this summer.

Shari- Get this. The k rooms each have 42 kids. 42 4 and 5 year olds. Can you believe it???Someone has lost their minds.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:55 PM   #12  
The Sky is the Limit!

Oh Mindy girl... IT IS ON! I bailed on TBL about 6 weeks ago... didn't realize blue got demolished. Get ready sister cuz am bigger and badder than ever and coming on down to Skinny town sistah!

BTW... 42 kids is asinine. Plain freaking stupid. Counter productive and maybe Kindergarten should just go away altogether ~ nuts....

Nchellie beat me to JCat on FB. You win.

DSS saw doctor today. Having surgery tomorrow AM to set bone and get cast. Say some prayers please.

Off to FB, then Fitday, then sleepytime. Niters
Old 09-02-2009, 05:31 AM   #13  
Calorie Counter

Morning ladies. The next two days at work are going to be crazy, but what elses is new right?

Mindy, I couldn't imagine that many kids. I really don't understand how they can expect kids to learn in that kind of environment.

Kris, prayers going out!

Michelle, nice job on the walk! I love the feeling I get at the end of a workout.

Good to see you Shari!

Workday WEED in store the next two days!
Old 09-02-2009, 08:52 PM   #14  
mtiger

Wink

Well ladies, imagine this. today they told us we could have 2 teachers back. So a Kinder and a 3/4 split. Here's what sucks. The teachers we lost (displaced) can't come back. That includes my BFF. Doesn't that suck. this whole thing was totally senseless and frustrating. Now we will get 2 new people to our building instead of having any consistency.

I found Michelle and nix on Fb. Still waiting for Jeni to respond. I was up to 181.8 today but I think TOM might come a bit early. hopefully that accounts for this little gain.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:28 AM   #15  
Calorie Counter

Yay its my friday! If the guy who works with me doesn't do his shre today I am going to scream! Seriously he needs to get it together.

Mindy~I don't understand why they couldn't bring the old teachers back, isn't it apart of your contract?