Old 08-27-2009, 10:36 PM   #16  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Fair warning... Marathon post is here

Hello darlings... Sorry I'm thread hogging with this one... had a lot of built up stuff to say!

Mindy – Yay for people noticing your hard work! And I agree with Jen, 35 kids IS ridiculous. But if my kid had to be in an overpacked classroom, I would want it to be yours! No consolation, I know, but it’s true. My BF’s mom just retired from the district here. They laid people off, created a situation where people who have 15 + years in are being transferred and hours cut because they are now low man(or woman) on the totem pole, and to top it off, the top district positions are lobbying for a 10% raise. Its horrific. Hang in there my friend. Less for the kids, more for the boobs seems to be the motto all over.

Mavie – I had my moments with the boy leaving, and Mindy is right, it gets easier. I find that the nicest part is how they learn to appreciate you once your not in their face every day. You’ll see. I am going to start C25K on Monday – I have to. My energy says no worky now, sleepy now. My brain says no worky outty equals constantly feely like sleepy. So I have strapped on my mental running shoes, I just gotta put them on physically and move my feet.

Nchellie – ahhhh the trail walking. I need to get off my blessed assurance and get back to it. Its just so blasted hot here and if I wait for it to cool off, its time for me to hit the sack to get 8 hours sleep. In other news… so proud of you and your recovery. I have seen the best and worst that people can be. You are blessed with courage, patience, and inner strength and you are taking hold of your abilities to use them. Many people never take the time to discover that they have all that. You rock!

Jen- ***shaking my fists at your scale*** I know the weight fluctuations are disheartening. Keep your head up…. Cuz you keep my head up by doing so. I’m not seeing an end to my crazy week and TOM has brought me back almost to my highest EVER weight. I’m tired, but I don’t give up… I have you girls to inspire me.

Shari – you, my dear, are a fighter. Never ever ever give up! I still stand on the promise that you will get your break. Just believe it! Glad to see you hear, and going to start taking my vitamins every morning with ya!

As for me, I have to commit to Wedding Weeding. Let me be clear… I have not officially been asked, but I am giving him until about November and then I am asking him. We talk about it, and the details, but I’m not gonna let the boy get away without a real proposal, even if it comes from me. We did look at an outdoor place near our house. It’s a 1+ acre meadow with gazebo, lights through all the trees, they do it all too. All I have to do is get a dress and a license. Sounds dreamy to me. This is my (whispering it) 3rd marriage. So I am all for a trip to the county clerk. BF on the otherhand (who has been married before as well) says “this is it. I’m only doing this one last time and I want the event”. So…. A wedding we will have.

Still torn on the ring thing. Have the 3 carat dream ring picked out (wishful thinking). Also looked at just a diamond band to add to my “promise ring” he gave me years ago. Found something inbetween that I love to. He gets the final choice, and I will be happy just sharing the last name of my best friend!

Dresses… well… I want simple, elegant, but fun. I am up for contributions of your favorite pics if you girls feel like sharing. There are so many choices, but ivory, not white… and probably not a mermaid looking thing…. That wouldn’t be good at any weight on this bod.
Lastly, we are looking at June 4th, 2010, which is my Grandma’s (passed in Dec 08) birthday. She loved my Jeffy (BF) and I would love to have every one together to celebrate her and us. I will finalize the date soon. I have spoken to my mom about the idea, and my sister… now I will have the honor of asking my Grandpa if I can share that day with my Grandma. Funny enough, June 4th was my due date with my son ~ of course he waited until the 13th to arrive. Grandma was always after me to give her another grand baby. Well I missed my opportunity while she was her, but I can give her 3 step grandkids on her birthday next year! Okay… I’m tearing up, maybe I’ll lose some water weight!!!

Till tomorrow chicks!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 05:42 AM   #17  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Kris, Its good to see you back. I've missed you. TOM and stress of a crazy life are no good for the scale. The weight will come back off.

Mindy, I think once you get back a regular schedule you will see a good drop in the scale.

My scale is having a fit right now. One day it says 147, then 142, then 148, yesterday was 144. I am guessing its a combo of weight training and a really nasty TOM coming up. Today, I feel like my blood sugar is low (I ran out of test strips and got busy and forgot to get more yesterday), and I didn't weigh myself.

The dentist appt went well yesterday, Tommy let the hygenist brush his teeth this tme (so proud of him). One of his fillings fell out so he needs to go in again next month to have it replaced.

We took the kids to build-a-bear after the appt. We had a gift card and some coupons to use up. I love that place
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 03:48 PM   #18  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Nix- I LOVE it when you come and chat with us all. The wedding sounds lovely, and you don't even have it planned yet. Heck it's not even official yet. It is very exciting though. I agree, don't do the mermaid thing.

Hen- Screw the scale. We all know how much they suck. You look awesome. you really do need to post some new pics.

After i just said scales suck, I am liking mine today. Dumroll........ 180.8 Yep, a new low for me. I have to be happy with that. Going to BF's for her birthday tonight. I need to be good. Just one more pound and I could be under 180 before school start. I have until the 8th. MAYBE????
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 05:28 AM   #19  
Calorie Counter

Mindy, I am glad you are getting some relief from the scale!

I am back to 144 which is good. Not much going on around here since it is my work week.

Since there is just about a week left in the challenge, what are we doing for the next one? Haloween is 8 weeks away, Thanksgiving is 12. I thought we could do Halloween Challenge, then have a Surviving the Holiday Challenge (running from Halloween through New Years).

Workday WEED!
Old 08-29-2009, 06:11 PM   #20  
The Sky is the Limit!

Hey ladies~

Mtiggie Yeayah! Nic work. 170's are around the corner!!!! I can't believe how far you've come. Keep kicking arse woman! I am coming for you this time... get ready mamma!!

Jen... work day weed away. Its paying off! I like the Halloween in to New Years thing. It breaks it up nicely...

Just returned for short trip of trail walking, eating raspberries outta the wild, and petting smelly farm animals. I was 208 this morning, so we can end this lovely challenge with a ptttttttt! from me. But not to fret. The next challenge is mine!!!! MUahahahahahahahh....

Hope you are all having a good weekend. I am ravenous (thanks TOM) and battled the urge not to eat my step daughters burrito after my finishing my burger at lunch. Seriously, I had my eye on that thing for 10 minutes. I avoided attacking it, but now have the Fritos and bean dip sitting in front of me at home... grrrrr..... you will lose a finger if you try to take it away!
Old 08-29-2009, 06:56 PM   #21  
mtiger

Wink

Good news... 180.4 today.

Bad news..... My dog is dying before my eyes. We were taking him in Monday to put him to rest but he has taken a bad turn. It is killing me that I can't help him. I never wanted him to suffer. I am praying that he will slip away tonight and find peace. This is so hard. The whole family is hurting, especially my son (it's "his" dog). Keep us in your thoughts and prayers, if you pray.
Old 08-29-2009, 07:46 PM   #22  
Calorie Counter

Mindy I am so sorry.
Old 08-29-2009, 08:04 PM   #23  
The Sky is the Limit!

Mindy - My prayers and thoughts are absolutely with you and your family. Take it easy tonight and make things as comfortable as possible. I am so sorry. Inga is waiting for a good friend n doggy heaven though.
Old 08-29-2009, 08:07 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Mindy, hugs are with you!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 05:27 AM   #25  
Calorie Counter

Just a quick good morning. I'm completely exhausted and achy. UGG I better not be getting sick.

Workday WEED.
Old 08-30-2009, 12:29 PM   #26  
The Sky is the Limit!

just checking in too. Mostly wanted to see how Mind-er was doin. I hope things are okay.

I REALLY FREAKING need to get the next challenge embedded in my head. I hate working out on carpet at home, but I have a fabulous collection of DVD's. Gonna check out what a under the desk thing costs (like a chair guard thingy) and see if its easier to work out on. Also going to start a wedding book JUST IN CASE I ACTUALLY EVER GET ASKED!!!

What else? Oh, I started a facebook page. Haven't added any pics or anything, but would love to link to any of you girls that have one! PM me and I'll come find ya!
Old 08-30-2009, 07:13 PM   #27  
mtiger

Wink

Girls, yesterday was one of the toughest days I've had in a long time. All I could do was hold and pet my dog, offer water and cry. I never wanted him to suffer. He found peace around 8:30 last night. It has been H***. I feel so guily I couldn't do more and I miss him terribly. I just want the pain to stop. Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers.

Good news of the weekend..... I saw the elusive 179.6 today. Not sure how long it will stay, with TOM coming, but I was thrilled today.
Old 08-30-2009, 08:08 PM   #28  
Calorie Counter

Mindy, I am so so sorry.
Old 08-30-2009, 08:54 PM   #29  
The Sky is the Limit!

My little Mtiggie.... so glad your 4 legged baby is at peace finally. And as hard as it is, you were there for him. The peace in it for you, will come, I promise.

I don't want to start the water works or anything... but when I had to put Inga down I decided to have her ashes kept. The first thing I did when I brought Derby home 9 months later was made her spend some time sniffing Inga's little box that her ashes are in. Every now and then I pull them off the shelf in the back bedroom just to remind Derby she is #2! And that she better be just as fantastic as my old rotty was. So far... she is living up to the challenge.

Hugs sister Mindy... we're here for you. And for 170's too!

me
Old 08-31-2009, 05:27 AM   #30  
Calorie Counter

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chic...last-week.html