Old 08-17-2009, 05:16 AM   #1  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Default W.O.W. Labor Day Challenge~~Week 7

Woo HOO week Seven coming to get us! We can all take it on and beat it by following are WEED every day!

Stats
Week 1: 151
Week 2: 148
Week 3: 149
Week 4: 150
Week 5: 146!
Week 6: 145!
Week 7: 143!

I was pretty suprised to see 143 today. Normally I don't see a low number when I w/i at 2am.

Swim lessons today, Mak is moving up a level which is a later start than we have been doing. I will have to come home, make dinner, go to swimming then eat. It won't be too bad, this is the last session of the summer, then we have a 3 week break or so. After that back to Tuesday Thursday lessons. I hope Makenna can handle it, fall session for her level is 6:50-725 last year she was so exhausted after school that we had to drop out.

Kris, DH and I are thinking about heading to D-land after all this weekend. Its such short notice though, I don't know if my mom can watch the kids.

W 80 oz
E extra laps/stairs
E 1200 clean calories
D decied if I am going to be smart and go school clothes shopping, or go to D-land

Last edited by jcatron243; 08-17-2009 at 05:31 AM.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:06 AM   #2  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Morning girls!

Okay, so I am going to be on target all week even if it turns me into a raging you know what! It is my season! It is my turn!

SW: 203.6
CW: 209.8
GW (for this week): 208 solid!

I packed up my good food and already told my BF that red meat and his yummy cooking are off limits unless they are super healthy. He's in!

Jen - We signed up for the free ticket on your B-day stuff and haven't gone yet. We do have 2 September birthdays and 2 November birthdays. So maybe we will get to go too! The weather here has been perfect, and with school starting on this week and next, going this weekend would probably be perfect timing for you! Hope you get to go!

Mavie, Grazie, Mtiggie, Shari, Nchellie... lets do the dang thing!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:08 AM   #3  
The Sky is the Limit!

Default Oops

Forgot my weed for the week:

W: 64+
E: 30 minutes 3 X with dog
E: 1700 cal day
D: Take your vitamin, take a breath, take back your body.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:28 PM   #4  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

I really thought the scale would show something like 180 or 179 today, but NNOO!!! 181.8. I am back to my lowest, but what gives??? I don't understand why things have been so difficult this past month. GGRRR!!!

Jeni- Look at those numbers. You have dropped almost 10 pounds. Good for you.

Nix- Great goals. Do it girl!!!

So for this challenge these are my numbers.
SW- 185
CW- 181.8 Whoop Dee Doo.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 07:55 PM   #5  
Calorie Counter

Mindy 4 pounds is good! You will start dropping in no time! Some months are easier than others! Yes I have dropped weight this month (yay) I am giving the applause to the interval training, it really is working.

Kris, my annual passes expire on sunday So I was thinking about using them. I wont make a final decision until Thursday, we will be driving if we go so an 18 hour over night drive. (The Mommy in me says spend the money on school clothes!) We'l see.

Food was good, I really want to work out, I cant wait until tomorrow!
Old 08-17-2009, 11:35 PM   #6  
The Sky is the Limit!

Default So....

I thought I'd come share with my friends...

BF and I have been together 2.5+ years. And for whatever reason the last few weeks he has brought up the "m" word more than normal. So as we have talked in small snippits, it seems that we are kind of locking our selves into a wedding day, and considering places, and he is even looking at honey moon spots. Its all kind of uneventful yet planning for a full event. So... June 4th, next year - is my grandma's birthday (rest her little soul) and 6+4=10 (6/4/10) so maybe he wont forget the date. Its a Friday night and it would be at an outside wedding place we think. So odd to be talking and doing this again.... but

ALL MORE THE REASON THAT I NEED TO SHRINK MY EVER GROWING ARSE! HELP!!!

That's all... had to share. Off to search for cheap rings!
Old 08-18-2009, 09:18 AM   #7  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! One of our own is going to be a bride!!! This is GREAT! I like the idea of the outdoor wedding, seems casual and beautiful!!! And you have plenty of time for losing weight, let's take a deep breath and buckle down. We'll get ya there! You'll be smokin hot no matter what. P.S. Why settle for a cheap ring? Go for the gusto baby! I have wanted a nice big ring forEVER. I mean, I know its not the most important thing, and esp since we've had kids, our money goes to more important things. We got my ring when my husband was still working at Taco Bell (we got engaged for my high school graduation! Gosh, saying it at the age I am now, it sounds YOUNG!) so our rings are REALLY cheap, and most of my friends have fabulous big rings and while I've always loved mine, I wish I had a flashier one. That's just me. But seriously, your kids are grown, it's just you and him (and this IS the last husband you'll ever have!) so let him spoil you.

WEEK 1: 259.0
WEEK 2: 258.0
WEEK 3: 254.0
WEEK 4: 253.0
WEEK 5: 252.0
WEEK 6: 250.5
WEEK 7: 250.5 again, but no worries!

Well no worries bc I think I am retaining this week, so next week could be a good little jump. Plus I plan on exercising more this week. Ok, I plan on exercising "SOME" this week. LOL

I graduate my IMPACT program this Thursday! Has it been ten weeks already!? My schedule will certainly be lightening up. Then in about three weeks, my CHANCE (that's the court ordered program) will lighten up for phase 2, which is about when the kids go back to school too, so I plan on dedicating myself to exercise, walking, losing weight. I've been so motivated lately! Oh and I LOVE the ab lounger!!! (Did I tell you guys I got one FREE on freecycle.com?) What a cool exerciser, Jeni, don't you have an ab lounger?

Jeni! Disney sounds fun! I know whatcha mean about the mom in us saying spend the money on school clothes, but honestly, I only buy a few outfits for back to school, then they'll be wearing their summer clothes for a few weeks anyways. I figure they should look really cute those first few days then after that, they can wear their everyday stuff. Plus, consider this your last-of-the-summer hurrah before the hecticness of the school year commences. Hope your mom watches the kids!!! But if she can't, is taking the kids with you an option? More work, YES, but you'd still have a good time. I think of you every time I try to sprint while I'm walking, I think of you and your interval training.

Mindy, I know you get so frustrated on losing your weight slowly. I do too! But I feel like, think about all the people who lose really, really fast, what happens to them? They gain it all back, slowly or quickly! When I lose faster, I'm just on "borrowed time"....if I eat a few bad meals, it creeps back up sooner. I think of losing slowly as losing them PERMANENTLY. Obliterating the pounds, erased FOREVER. Yea, I know, I'm not helping. I really do believe if you lose slowly, you KEEP it off though. Plus with school starting up, you'll be changing up your routine which might confuse your body and re jump your efforts.

Hi Shari!!!! I saw you posted in the last thread, but I can't remember what you said! LOL Have you moved again? What happened with living with (who was it? Someone from on here, right?) ? How's the job situation?

Talk to you gals soon. Love to all! xo Michelle

PS have any of you eaten Pattypan squash? I saw it at the farmers market the other day, I had read about it but had never seen one. Any good recipes?
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:12 AM   #8  
Calorie Counter

Congratulations Kris! I am so happy for you! Sorry Michelle, but I love the plain ole wedding bands. DH and I didn't have much money when we got engaged but I love the rings. Now I cant wear anything but a plain band at work anyway!

Michelle, I am proud of you that you are graduating your IMPACT class. You will get through this rough time with your dedication. And you have lost 9 pounds so far this challenge! awsome.

Mindy I totally agree with what Michelle is saying!

143 again! I am totally pumped! I haven't been at this weight in at least 10 years! DH is very impressed with my body (except my girls are shrinking, he hates that!)

Taking the kids is an option, they would absolutely LOVE going too. Only thing is we will be driving down thursday night into friday. Getting there friday afternoon, playing till midnight~going from open to close on Saturday, then driving home on Sunday. Really fast exhausting trip if we go.

W 80 oz
E cardio/weights
E 1200 clean planned calories
D OH THE HOUSEWORK! ok its not that bad, but cleaning house and mowing the lawn.

Editing: I promised myself a year ago when I hit 144 (no longer overweight for my height) I would start weight training. So I have said I am afraid of the weight machines so DH keeps promising me to show me how to use them. Well today I used two of them, but I scoped the other ones and think I can use them. (I normally do my dumbells/resistance band at home unless i have done my class. ) I am planning on cutting back on my cardio to 45 minutes then weights for 15.

Last edited by jcatron243; 08-18-2009 at 01:48 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:27 AM   #9  
Calorie Counter

Morning my friends. Another workday for me. It wont be too terrible since I am cleaning, just long. I also have a meeting at 4 so I wont be off until 430. ERR

W 80 oz
E not much
E 1200 clean cals
D stay on plan,
Old 08-19-2009, 08:10 AM   #10  
mtiger

Wink

I am going to an amusement/water park today with my son and his GF. I am looking forward to floating down the lazy river. Should be fun. It's kind of the last hurrah before I need to go back to school. I'll be moving my stuff and setting up next week. Meetings the following week and then kids the next. Summer seems to have gone by quickly.

I am still hanging out in those low 180's. DANG!!! It is getting on my nerves.

Jeni- Hopefully you get to go to Disney. You can show off that new body of yours. Look at your skinny self.

Chris- HOW EXCITING!!! AWW TRUE LOVE. The wedding sounds nice. You enjoy this girl. Now, it's time to get that butt skinny for that beautiful wedding.

Michelle- Almost done with your program. YAY!!! You are doing awesome. You sound so happy and positive these days. Good for you.
Old 08-20-2009, 05:28 AM   #11  
Calorie Counter

I hope you enjoyed the water park Mindy! I went to one 2 years ago, I was seeing a chiropractor for a month

Speaking of that trip: I bought a pair of shorts while I was there (no place to try them on but they were on sale). Well they were way too small, I couldn't pull them over my thighs I promised myself I would get into them one day! So since I got them I have been putting them on every 2 months or so. Ive been able to pull them up for months and tie the tie, but the velcro (where the zipper would be) kept popping open because of my belly. Well, I tried them on and they fit perfectly now! 2 years and I did it!

Last day of work for me Yesterday was messed up but I survived, today wll be interesting.

W 80 oz
E not a lot
E 1200 planned cals
D 12 hours of work, I will make it through!
Old 08-20-2009, 09:28 AM   #12  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Good morning loves! Hope you are all well. No big deal, but I am not graduating tonight from IMPACT...my counsellor wants me to do another assignment and present it to the group and I can graduate next week. What's another week in the grand scheme of things? No biggie. But I did run around and tell everyone about it. oops!

I am still NOT exercising!!! What's up with that! I'm not too upset about it though, school starts NEXT WEEK! (Wednesday for Robert and Friday for Rachel) and I'll have all the time in the world. And my program schedules are lightening up too, so it's all going well. I think the CHANCE program wants me to find a job (something about having too much free time, etc) but I just don't wanna! 1-I collect unemployment which is waaaay more than any minimum wage job will pay me, 2-I can get my nursing license back in NOVEMBER, so I wish they could just wait for me! Who wants to hire me so I can quit in two months when I get my license back? 3- THIS ECONOMY! It's going to be tough to even find a job right now! I'm not saying I am unwilling to work, I just don't see the advantage right now. Sigh. Well my probation officer isn't making a big deal of it yet, since I'm still in IMPACT, that kind of thing.

JENI! Wtg on getting those shorts on! Whatta gal. You are just in the best shape of your whole life, arent ya?! We are so, so, so PROUD of you. You deserve this upcoming trip. WORK IT GIRL!

Mindy, hope you enjoyed the water park!!!! I love water slides and lazy rivers, stuff like that. Get some sun, relaaaax and enjoy the kidders. I love spending the day at the pool and stuff like that. Speaking of which, looks like rain today. <sigh>

Where's our BRIDE?!?! Can't wait to hear the planning details. I love living vicariously, though wouldn't want to be doing it again, myself. I suppose someday I'll get to plan Rachel's wedding. (ACK! I can't believe I just said that!) Talk to you all soon. xoxooxxo Michelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 04:25 PM   #13  
The Sky is the Limit!

AAACK! Drowning in work! Love you girls! Gonna catch up tomorrow I PROMISE!!!!!

Kris
Old 08-20-2009, 08:55 PM   #14  
mtiger

Wink

Girls!! Let me just say this....... I didn't even get a little post TOM whoosh. I know you've all heard this from me before, but MAN!!! Nothing is working. I can't lose an ounce. And you know I'm eating right and working out almost everyday. I need some love girls. Help me keep going until I can bust through this latest plateau.

I wanted to be in the 170's really badly before school started. Doesn't look like there is a snowballs chance of that. I know I have to keep going and eventually something good will happen. It is just so hard right now.

Jeni- I loved the park and even felt pretty good being in public in my swimsuit. I think I had a few men check me out a bit. HA!!! You have done awesome and I just need to keep your story in mind. It just isn't easy now, is it??? Congrats!!

Michelle- Everything in time!! Right?? We will eventually get to where we want to be. Keep up the awesome job you have been doing. With weight and recovery.

Nix- Hope to hear more from you soon.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:31 AM   #15  
Calorie Counter

Michelle, I'm sorry you didn't graduate this week, but I love your attitude about things. Maybe you can just do some job searches and interviews and stuff. With this economy it may take a while to find a job.

Kris, I hope things settle down a bit. Get in your WEED!

Mindy, guys checking you out, AWSOME! The weight will come off, you are doing everything right! Maybe you need to mix it up a bit for a week. How are your workouts? Try kicking out the carbs for dinner (works for me).

Well my trip is not happening today, we were counting on some $$ that DH was supposed to get from doing a painting job over the weekend and he didn't get it yesterday. If he gets it today then we will go for the weekend. If not, well I will just keep on planning my March trip.

I am in pretty good shape, although I need to start working on my upper body strength. There were a few times this week I couldn't lift a few things I should have been able to. I don't want to bulk up, just be able to lift stuff I need to.

I'm still sitting at 143, I really hope to see the 130's soon.

I made it to my class today I missed it on my last week off, I forget how good the workout really is. I had a tough time on some of it today I think it was just too early for me, funny since I get up for work at 215.

W 80 oz
E 1.5 mile run/60 minute class done
E 1200 clean cals. I am starting to have trouble with this on my days off again.
D keep to my cals. I need good clean cals.