Old 08-17-2009, 10:23 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Delphi~ I almost forgot--check out www.cafepress.com they have a TON of tee shirts!!! I hope I don't die trying Week 3--stamina is going to be my weak point!
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:44 AM   #32  

goodmorning girls We are halfway through and still have 14 days left (counting today) so let's keep on going! To those of you who just joined us and may be wondering.....we will be running the thread every month! The exercise thread as well.

MsPerception, yay on getting rid of that TOM weight. I am glad your feeling better and oh the fair sounds fun Have a super time with DS. Thanks chicky yes your so right, the exercise really helps a lot, hate to think where I would be without it right now. Makes me feel good too! TOM really does a number on me sometimes so this month I figured as long as I'm feeling well I will get my minutes in and work out ...that way I wont be fretting when TOM comes and I get sick. That is so good that your bringing your own cooler : ).........have a great day girl!

Delphi, I hope your shoulder is feeling better. Wtg on the workout!

Sandye, Ohhhhhhhh, and congratulationssssss on the loss and the new decade! wow, look at you! . Regarding your 11 yr. old ..you mention school jitters. Is there something on his mind that he thinks about at night and bed time which creates anxiety for him ? Keep us posted.
Oh yummyyyyyyy on the sweet potatoes. You sound like your having a very busy day indeed! Have a great one and keep up the awesome work!

sasha, welcome back : ). Glad you had a terrific weekend with your parents and wtg on making good food choices over the weekend.

Hi shinking girl....

Lorie, congratssssssss on the loss that is fantastic!

Ladyfyre, congratsss on the loss as well wtg girls, ty for sharing with us. I h ope your back is better lady.

Jessicaaaaaaa,,,, congratsssssss on the loss girl a 2lb. weight loss for the week is great. I really think your doing fantastic....your losing and also started exercising. That's super. Keep up the great work and remember that any loss is great (we all need to remind ourselves) even if it is not the goal number we set. Sounds like you have mad e a lot of positive changes and that in itself is a major goal accomplishment wtg!

A big hello to everyone else. Well chickies, it's going to be another steamer here today. I have DH home on vaca. OH, that gain is gone...it was fluids but I still need to becareful. I took a rest day from exercise yesterday and will be back at it today with my swimming etc. I have to run, but will catch up with you all soon. HOpe everyone has a great start to the week and a great new day.

Last edited by FullSteamAhead; 08-17-2009 at 10:48 AM.
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:20 AM   #33  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

FSA ~ I bet it is nice to have hubby home on vacation. Do you guys have a pool? I notice you are always mentioning swimming. Didn't know if you guys went somewhere or if you had a cozy pool in the backyard. Have a great day.

Sandye ~ Thanks, they have some uber cool geek shirts. Hahaha, now that's an oxymoron isn't it? Actually, a few of us were having this debate about Geek vs Nerd and attributes of each...and after my buddy wrote this long drawn out thesis of the differences between the two...he wrote...to sum it up:

GEEK = Jedi
NERD = Sith

nuff said!

I was like man, I want that on a t-shirt like yesterday. So yeah, thanks for the link.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 12:40 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/135

Height: 5'0"

Hello ladies hope all is going well, just thought I would check in after a very busy weekend. Hubby and I went to some yard sales and flea markets this weekend.. Had a great time, I found one of those thigh masters for 50 cents. Got a small curio cabinet for 20.00 We also found a signature oil painting for 25.00 those were my best finds so far LOL..... Have good news I am down to 215.2 Yeah, I am so excited to see some movement no matter how small... I am a little worried that I won't make my goal this month but I am going to give it a good try.... We have had a few issues with out basement so the HIIT program has been a hit and miss LOL but hopefully we won't have anymore problems so I can stay on the program daily. If I can do that I just know that the weight will start coming off better at least that is my logic... Hope you all have a wonderful, fantastic day... I'll check in later on today.
mystical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 12:46 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 310/169/155

Delphi eBay is a great place to get lots of vintage shirts, and sometimes you can get really cool lots all in the same size. Also Old Navy has bunch of new retro looking shirts right now for extremely cheap. I think they were like $5 or something like that when I was there. Also, not sure if you support Walmart or not, but they have a whole section or retro tees for about $7 and so do Target and Fred Meyers for $10.

Thanks for the support Fullsteamahead!

I decided to lower my late eating to not after 8:30 instead of 9:30, which is going to be very hard for me. I stuck with it last night though, and today the scale was down another 1.5 pounds, so I guess that is motivation to stick with it!

On another plus side, I have been able to fit into a lower jeans size (20) in the past week, which was awesome considering I started out barely squeezing into 22s and in reality was a size 24. I had these one pair of pants that I had bought a few months ago that I couldn't even get over my butt. (I don't normally buy clothes that small, but they were a pair of brand new jeans at a garage sale for a buck and figured they would be motivation!) The funny thing is that they are a size Old Navy 22, but they fit smaller than most of my 20's! A month ago, I could finally get them on and buttoned, but it was a very tight fit. Anyways, I was able to get them on a few weeks ago and they fit, but I still didn't feel comfortable wearing them in public, as even though they buttoned just fine, I still had quite a bit of stomach fat hanging over the top. (They are the low rise kind). Well, I wore them in public yesterday! Still a slight "muffin top" sticking out, but at my size that is just kinda expected with low rise jeans, lol. Still it was small enough where I felt comfortable wearing them outside of my house!

These weren't my original goal jeans for the month (a small pair of size 20), which I don't think realistically I'll be able to fit in confortably in by the end of August, but I do think that I should be able to reach my weight goal by then so I feel really positive about that!
jessicado22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 02:44 PM   #36  

Height: 6'1

Ruth- What color are you thinking of getting for your bathroom? mmmm pizza, I sure do miss that.

Shrinking girl- Thats such a bummer about them losing your sheet. And you have lost 4lbs this month? Thats really great so far, seeing as how this month isn't over yet. I'm sure you will be able to get down some more with all your hardwork.

inthemidst- Yea I totally feel you on the eating out. I have been trying to get that under control myself. The hard part for me is weekends because if we go out of town then I don't have much of a choice.Congrats on the 14's fitting.

jessicado- I try to eat more breakfast. I'm working on making breakfast/lunch bigger than my dinners because I tend to eat a lot at night otherwise. And a 2lb loss is nothing to scoff at. It is a very healthy loss. Just think of it this way, if you lost 2 lb a week, thats over 100lbs a year!!! Congrats on the smaller size

msP- I'm so glad that the addl weight is gone. I hate stupid tom too. Have fun at the fair. I always love their funnel cakes, but no more for me.

ladyfyre- Wow sounds like an exhausting day. Whoo hoo for your 4lb loss.

Delphi- Sorry to hear about your hand. But you are such a rockstar for doing your workout regardless. I can be such a sissy when I'm not feeling that well and just not workout entirely. Hope you feel better soon. As far as vintage shirts go, I have seen a lot at Target lately. They are so cute.

Hotsplashes- Yes, isn't fiber amazing? I have been trying to eat around 20g a day. Sorry, but that lady was pretty rude. It seems like such a backhanded compliment. But you handeled with a lot of grace.

smileydd- Wow, 10lbs in 10 days. Simply amazing.

dcapulet- Have fun on your vacay!

loriehohlf- Wow you are such an inspiration. I hope I can even lose half that much weight this week. And 81.6 lbs so far...you are so close to goal.

FSM- My goal this week is to stay off the scales too. I beat myself up over daily fluctuations and its driving me insane. And yes alcohol totally sneeks up on you. My weight is always up after drinking.

CMO4: Congrats on 148. I knew the scale would start moving for you after that little slump. mmm cupcakes. Definatly sending you some will power to not eat too many cuppy cakes, but I'm sure you don't need too much help, you are strong.

mystical- Great finds. I need to hit up some yard sales around here. I'm so glad you hit 215.

As for me, its almost lunch time. It was my coworkers bday yesterday so I am taking her out to lunch. She picked thai food. I looked over the menu last night and decided to order shrimp or chicken lemon grass soup, I'm not sure yet. But I hope I can stick to that since it seems pretty healthy. I'm not feeling too well today, had a bit of a headache and nausea, but doing a lot better now. Oh other good news! I lost 1 lb after teh weekend. I'm so happy about that because I'm usually up 1. And I was out of town eating at the bbq or at restaurants. 3 more lbs to go to meet my August goal. Please send me good vibes as I am leaving town again this coming weekend for an annual reunion I do with college friends that involves lots of pizza and alcohol. My secret goal which I haven't told anyone is not to have any of the alcohol. We'll see how that pans out...
shasha17a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 02:48 PM   #37  

Whew! Man do I have a lot to catch up on...here goes nothin'...

Ruth~ so, is the bathroom repainted? Remember, we want pics!!

SG~ hey hun, how are you doing? I can't believe they lost your original sheet! I would be beyond irked!! Now, I know it's not the beginning measurements, but you need to get a copy of your current sheet should they lose it again. Man, that's just rotten

Susie~ Hey hun! You haning in there? Hope to see you checking in 3 times today!!!

ITM~ Woo hoo on the 14's and another Woo hoo for them not fitting by the time you'd be wearing them! Sounds silly to say that and be excited about. But, when things don't fit because they're too big, well, that's reason to celebrate!

jessica~ ooh yeah, late night snacking was a biggie for me and I would always skip breakfast too. Do try to get a good breakfast in you so that you have plenty of energy for the day. Great job not snacking last night! It gets easier the longer you stick with it, I have my one pudding cup every night after the kids go to bed and that's that. No more late night snacks and no desire for them at all anymore! Keep up the great work!

MsP~ ya know, you might just have to share that recipe with me! I'll give you mine if you give me yours! I really love the lemony squash muffins! Mmm! I quit making loaves though because frankly, I just don't have the will power to cut a teensy slice and if I know a serving is a muffin--I'm more likely to eat just one, kwim? I can't wait until I get to the maintainence phase and I can eat a little more--I'm going to be eating this stuff (in moderation of course) for sure!!! OMGosh, I just read you're on Wk 8!!! You're a rockstar!! Keep up the great work, wow! I can't believe you're so close to being done!!

ladyfyre~ wow! Sounds like you were beyond worn out from the triathalon! Good for you getting all that exercise in! Congrats on such a great loss!!! That's awesome! Hope your back feels better soon!

Delphi~ okay, so now you have me wanting to change my C25K days just so we can be workout buddies! But, I can't. I don't like doing my ST'ing on Saturdays so I need to keep it MWF and just do HIIT those days as well...can we still be workout buddies

Hotsplashes~ congrats on a great booksigning! I can't believe the nerve of that woman! I mean, who says that? "you're taller than I thought you'd be", "you look younger than I imagined you'd be" or any other POSITIVE comment would be acceptable, but THAT? Sheesh! You handled it with more dignity than I would have! My mouth would have been running a mile a minute!

Smiley~ Woo hoo! Wow! 10 lbs in 10 Days! That's crazy! Keep up the great work!

dcapulet~ hope you're having a fantastic time on vacation!!!!

Tummy~ that goes for you too!!!!

Lorie~ Woo hoo! Congrats on a great loss this week!!! Ahh, the basement--ours needs some attention in a major way! Thankfully a lot of the stuff down there is going to kids' sale next month so hopefully it'll be outta here!!! But still...it's a mess!

FSA~ sounds like you had a fun weekend! Going to parties can be so hard when it comes to avoiding temptations and it sounds like you're doing great on the food part, just not so much with the adult beverages. Hey, don't sweat it, I mean, you're eating right, exercising--sometimes you just have to live a little and endulge, the key is to not fall back into old habits. It sounds like you've got things under control in that regard. Summer will be over soon and before you know it there won't be any parties to go and you won't have to worry about quite so many temptations. / Keep up the great work hun and I'm sure that extra weight will be gone in no time!

D'oh! Hit the wrong button before I was finished writing personals!!! Argh...Part 2 Comin' up....

Last edited by iDream; 08-17-2009 at 02:50 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:11 PM   #38  
One day at a time.

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/135-120

Height: 5'6"

Hey Ladies!

Hotsplashes; Have fun at your book signing!

SG; It is not too much to ask for a little praise and notice! We want our hard work to feel noticed. Your coworkers probably notice, but they might be afraid to bring it up until they know for a fact that you are shrinking. Last thing they want is to say you look great and mini, and for you to say; Thanks, but I gained 5 pounds. You know?

Sandye; Thank you so much! It was amazing. I didn't feel mine at all, then again that could be because my upper belly button area is still numb from my surgery 2 years ago. It just stung, uncomfortably after. Then the next day we walked around Pike Place Market and the Seattle water front. I was a bit sore that night!

FullSteamAhead; Thank you.

Dcapulet; Thank you. And I hope you have a great vacation. Sunrise Yoga ounds amazing! I love yoga, it's so peacful.

Mystical; Those are amazing finds! I love yard sales and flea markets! Congrats.

Jessica; Congrats on the jeans! It feels amazing when you can fit into a pair of jeans that you dreamt of. Or even a pair that you just decided to buy just 'cause. I have a pair of knee length shorts that we accidently bought last summer that were too small. I kept them for motivation. And they still are!

Shasha; I hope you feel better! And congrats on the 1 pound lost! It sounds like you'll have a fun weekend, despite all the temptation. I know you can do it! It may be hard when you're there, but remember we're here! And always think, which is more important, you're August goal or that alcohol? Good Luck.

So, the weekend is over and I'm just feeling a little bloated after the piercing. My friend said that it was normal. Luckly I aven't gained any fat back from the weekend because, let's face it. I am better being OP during the week. Weekends are just horrible for staying OP. Pike Place was packed and the water front was amazing. I wish I could have spent more time there. All that walking is probably why I haven't gained wieght. But I am glad we left early enough so I could clean my piercing in my friend's bathroom. I refused to at Pike Place. That was just gross.

I'm going to go for a walk, the guy that peirced my belly button said that it would be fine, just stay away from crunches-like activities. I'm a little nervous about picking back up with the hour walking because Saturday my piercing bled enough for me to worry later that night after Pike Place. I think I should be fine. At least I'll get some kind of activity in. After that I will probably make a health smoothie and I have no idea what to do with myself. I should apply for jobs so I can pay my tuition instead of resorting to student loans. :/

Have a great day ladies!
I'll probably update tonight once I've finally read all of the posts I missed my Birthday weekend. XD

Last edited by Miss Mallee; 08-17-2009 at 03:12 PM.
Miss Mallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 03:11 PM   #39  

Part 2....

Ruth~ congrats on the loss hun, you're right--any loss is good loss!!

shasha~ glad to hear you had a fun weekend! Glad you're not beating yourself up over the wings--what's done is done, move on and keep looking forward!! Woo hoo! I just read your latest post--congrats on the pound gone!!! That's fantastic!! Oh I'll be sure to send you some for next weekend! Be strong and you'll make it through without drinking! It can be done! I've haven't had any alcohol since April (although I rarely drank as it was, but still, I do love an occasional Mike's! Mmm!). Hope you're feeling better and have a great lunch!

MsP~ (again ) Woo hoo! Congrats on losing all the TOM weight!!! Now, let's hope for a nice post TOM swoosh!!

Delphi ~ (again ) I so know what you're feeling! Back when I smoked any aerobic activity was tough on my lungs, just think how much easier it's going to be for you come January when you quit!! And hey, I think growling/screaming is a good thing! I mean, whatever gets you through it man! Love the Geek/Nerd comparison!! That's classic!

FSA ~ (yes, again )~ He's almost 9 and has always been overly nervous about new things or unknown things--he was a big ball of nerves the last week of Summer. He seemed better by the end of the first week sleep wise, but after the weekend it just started up again. He's also always had this crazy fear that hubby and I are going to leave. I have no idea why, but if we so much as go outside to turn off the sprinkler after he's gone to bed, he's downstairs in a flash looking for us. I don't know...my step mom (who's a family therapist) says this type of thing is pretty normal at this age--when they really get a grasp on death and how it's a permanent thing...but he hasn't talked about death or anything so I'm not sure what's going on. I just hope it's a temporary thing and that he gets over it soon.

Mystical~ Woo hoo! Congrats on the loss! You're doing awesome!! Congrats on the cool yard sale finds too! I love yard sales! I never seem to get out to do them anymore...sigh...

Whew! I did it! Man, you girls were chatty this weekend!

I made it through the play date without eating any cup cakes! It wasn't too tough, I was stuffed from my awesome pita pizza! Mmmm! Plus, they were sitting a little too close to the stove and the frosting got all melty and stuff and well...they just didn't look as yummy as when I frosted them to begin with.

Anyway, got one jug of water down, off to refill it and have my afternoon snack. Might just tear into the left over grilled sweet potatoes! Again--Mmmm! Still trying to figure out what I'm making for dinner...any suggestions? What's everyone having tonight?

One of the Birthday girls is sacked out cold on the couch--I figured she would crash, especially after the fun night she had last night.

I hope everyone is having a great day!!! I'll be back to check on you all later chickies!!

Peace Out Yo! (that's for Miss Delphi )
Old 08-17-2009, 03:14 PM   #40  

Molly~ glad to hear the piercing went well! Do take care of it, you don't want to get an infection and be out from exercise altogether! Good call on washing it at your friend's house! Staying OP on the weekends can be tough, but to help me get through it, I remind myself of all the hard work I've been doing all week. If that's not enough, I ask myself, 'do you want to gain back the weight you've lost this week? Because that means you'd basically be tossing all the hard work you've done down the drain.' A little on the dramatic side, but it works for me.

Last edited by iDream; 08-17-2009 at 03:14 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:26 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/135

Height: 5'0"

CMO4 We are having pork loin, baked potato, with sliced cucumber and tomatoes. We are havign a cookout this weekend with my DH family I am trying to make sure I have healthy allternitives for me any suggestions?

By the way I have never had grilled sweet potatoes how do you fix them? Sounds good.
mystical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 03:40 PM   #42  
There is no spoon!

Sandye ~ Peace out Yo..rofl! Whew sounds like a groovy time over in sexymomma household. I've never been a big fan of icing on anything so I always stayed clear of cake and cupcakes but oh my gosh charlie brown, I loved me some icecream cake, like those ones you get at Dairy Queen. Those things were nothing short of brilliant.. Yeah, I hear ya on the smoking though, I wish I could just stop, it's so hard being an addict to something. You feel weak. Oh and see I only do ST on M,W,F ...just three days, but I think the big problem for me was the doing anything on Saturday. My weekends are rather relaxed and I think at the end of the day that works best for me and my body..sorry Sandye, but yeah, *spits in hand* we can be buddies anyways.

MissMallee ~ on the belly piercing..I wouldn't worry too much about the bleeding unless it starts to get infected. Then I might start to worry. Just keep it clean and take it easy on the torso and you should be fine.

Shasha
~ Sending you loads of good vibes and well wishes. I hate it when I don't feel well, it just throws the day off, so I do hope you find your groove and get to feeling better. Do you ladies always go out to eat for lunch? I mean, it sounds a bit counterproductive, even with healthier choices, because at the end of the day, you really don't know what ingredients they use. Have you guys ever thought about just packing lunches and going somewhere like a park or something to eat?

Jessica ~ Thanks for the heads up and on getting into those jeans. This is where you really feel like a rock star. I think the NSV's always outweigh what the scale say and just make you feel so dang good. So good for you darling and you remain steadfast and show that fat who's the boss.

Mystical ~ Way to go. It's always nice to see the scale moving in the right direction. You just remember that you are doing a fantastic job regardless of what ol' darth scale says.

Alright ladies, the day has went well for the most part. I was feeling a little tired earlier and laid down for a bit which is unusual for me, but hey, I need to do what my body wants at the moment. Well I hear the bus ladies, that means it's homework time and let the games begin. Have a great evening ladies.

Last edited by Delphi; 08-17-2009 at 03:41 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:45 PM   #43  

Mystical~ well, all of those things sound healthy to me. So long as you don't go nuts on the pork, load up your baked potato with high fat/cal stuff--you're good to go.

As for the grilled sweet potatoes (just finished them up--Yummy!), you take the sweet potatoes, wash them up, poke them with a fork a few times and you pop them in the microwave for 3-5 mins. I had 3 medium ones (about 6oz or so) and it took 5 mins total to cook them until just tender (stick a knife in them and if it doesn't come out super easy and they yield to pressure, they should be good), you just don't want them to be completely cooked--this can be done before hand, just stick them in the fridge until you're ready to grill them. Then, slice them in half lengthwise and then in 3 more wedges (again, lengthwise--or cut them however you want ) Then I took one tbsp of olive oil (you could use more, but I was going for the least amount of fat & cals) and brushed each piece all over added kosher salt (sparingly--because I'm a puffer fish if I get too much salt), pepper and fresh rosemary on the wedeges.

I used an indoor grill to cook mine at 400 and I just turned them once they got grill marks on each side. I was finishing up dinner so I'm not sure of the exact time. If you do it on a grill it would probably be fast if the coals are hot.

Anyway, that's how I did it. I'm sure if you Google it you'll find tons of recipes for them. Mmm...man, I can't wait to make them again!!!

Delphi~ yeah, I used to do only ST'ing on MWF, but that was before the Great Stall Out. Glad we can still be buddies! Oh yeah, and those ice cream cakes are goooooooooooood! Thankfully I'm cheap and they're a little on the pricey side so I never even think to get out. Back when we lived in CA, we had a cake guy--yes, we really did! His name was Sylvester and that guy could bake a cake, lemme tell ya! We ordered our wedding cake from him based on his buttercreme frosting alone! OMG it was insane! Anyway, after our wedding we bought nearly all of our cakes from him--sure it cost more than running to the grocery store, but it was sooooo worth it! Man...can you tell I love a good cake? Frosting really is my downfall though, I mean, the cake is okay, but the frosting MAKES it ya know? Mmmm...

Well girls, I need to wake the girl so that she *hopefully* sleeps tonight!
Have a great afternoon!

Last edited by iDream; 08-17-2009 at 03:49 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:18 PM   #44  
There is no spoon!

Sandye ~ The Cake is a lie! (that's an inside gamer joke, so I doubt you'll get the reference, but I just had to use it ) Sylvester...eh? Sounds sexy and delicious.. Like I said, the icing/frosting was always something I scraped off and I would seriously bake plain yellow cake just to eat with my ice cream. If I had vanilla ice cream in the house, I had a fresh baked yellow cake as well..oh my gosh, I need to stop talking about it. I'm drooling on the keyboard.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:32 PM   #45  

Height: 6'1

delphi: I eat out during lunch about 1x a week at the most. Today I figured since I wanted to treat my friend for her bday I could take her out anywhere, her choice. But typically, I bring something healthy from home. But there was a time as near as a couple months ago where I was eating out 2-3x a week, so I'm definatly improving.

CMO4: The sweet potatoes sound really good. I will have to try that sometime. I'm so proud of you for not eating any of the cupcakes, such an impressive feat.

miss malee: Oooh Pike Place...I think we are going up to Seattle for a weekend in September to visit a friend. Do you live around there? I haven't been to Seattle in forever, I think I was like 14 the last time I went to visit with my parents. I totally know what you mean about it being hard to stay OP over the weekend. Although I do know that it gets easier with time.

So lunch is over. I took my friend out for her bday. We were going to a thai place that she likes and I had picked out a healthy soup I was going to order....but of course we drive to it and its all boarded up and closed. So we drove to a Chinese place thats like Panda express. I ordered brown rice, steamed veggies and this broiled chicken they had with no sauce. Not too bad for lunch. Its within my calories for the day and it was sooo good.
Hope everyone has a wonderful afternoon and I will catch up with you later.
shasha17a is offline   Reply With Quote