Weight Loss Buddies III

You're on Page 6 of 36
Go to
  • Holy Cow girls, I am so far behind...I love all the new avatars, super cute gals! And truly, I am so inspired by everyones before, during and goal pictures. Burgundy I can totally relate with yours-- I need to dig out my photos and get them loaded for additional inspriation of what I will be "never again".

Neesy- good for you on the option to be a traveling nurse to spend more time with your hubby. My cousin did that for a couple of years and she always had some good stories to share. One time when she was near Hollywood, the "accomodations" she stayed in were very nice, however, she soon found out that next door to her apartment is where they were filming some "adult movies"....ha ha ha! Anyway, good luck on your adventures if they take you that way!

Lindy- Fun idea!!! I'm in for a girls vacation, although in reality, I wouldn't be able to get away until early spring if that's when it would take place. So, yes, after tax season I'd be game

Well, Friday I lifted one of my weights majorly wrong and threw myself out of whack for the last few days...and last night I SHOULD HAVE jumped on here for support, but what did I do instead? I ate pizza with my daughter. Let me rephase that, I gobbled up way too much of a deep dish pizza, while watching a movie -- with a beer of course. And I am paying for it dearly this morning-- my scale only did NOT go down, it went back up a pound from where I was at last week. I'm so mad at myself!! BUT, instead of wallowing in that and eating more this morning, I already got my butt onto the treadmill and made a healthy protein packed breakfast...and have written out my list of healthy goodness for a grocery trip later today.

I am excited to see the big losses from you other gals today!!!
  • Awww...Back2Basics...that sucks about the pizza snafu and your injury. You'll hop back on this week and hit it hard. We all need a "binge" day, consider that yours for the next 2 weeks...lol.

OK...SO I KINDA HAVE GOOD NEWS - ya know how I weighed in at 185 today, well...I noticed after the fact that I got my TOM today. AND BAD!!! Ok...why ther heck am I soooo excited about this?! Lol...because Im nuts! Lol...no seriously, because Im bloated beyond belief, which means if I weighed 185 today, then I probably have really lost once TOM is gone, I will be able to tell. So woo-hoo! Sorry, I know...TMI post but I had to share my joyous news.
  • AJ-good job for getting 30ds and starting it right away. It is a great workout.

Lindy-sorry you are having to take it easy, but maybe it will help. I am holding up, yea 10 days straight. My arms are really sore today. You use the weights a lot in the cardio in level 3(with jumpnjacks, butt kicks) Hard stuff.

Basics-well yur binge day is over and your head is back on straight so you will see a loss next week.

As for me, I am down a lb. I was hoping for 2 but I will take the one. So I want to lose 2 this week to be back at 216 and 20 lbs down. Nothing planned for the day. May overhaul my kitchen. Cant wait to see everyone elses weigh ins.
  • This is good news Lindy! That also explains your mood and the baby binge the other morning. I mean that in a good way, of course. I know a few days, sometimes up to a week before Tom I am somewhat more emotional and tend to munch more. Of course I also have the problem with the scale not moving, then it usually goes up a pound or more. So, congratulations!

Backtobasics - Sorry about the pizza, however a 1 pound is not bad with eating that and beer, and remember if you kick in it today exercising, it should drop right back down.

AJ - that is awesome that your husband is doing this with you. I know the extra support really helps. Just being able to have nothing but healthy foods around the house would help me!

Well, it sounds like we may get together a year from now, or a little sooner - awesome! If we meet in the mountains, just think, we could even go riverrafting - woo hoo! If we use the beachhouse, it would need to be after mid-April, because it is usually is rented from January till then.

Ok, my stomach is better today - finally, and I have to say I am pleased with my weight. I am only down .4 from last Sunday, but I am so grateful I didn't gain. I know it could have been much less if I had exercised, however I will make it happen this week! So, total down since we started is 4.4, which puts me at 215.

Burgund, congratulations! I guess this means the race is on girl! You are only 1 pound up from me! ;-0 This means I need to kick it in or you are going to pass me up!

Check it later guys, and oh Lindy, love your new pic - very chic!
  • Sandy- I am glad you didn't gain. .4 is .4! Its something. Also I can't wait to see what the final decision is on the trip.

Burgundy- Good job! And I am sure 2 lbs is do-able. I am going to join you in cleaning out the kitchen today.

Lindy- I am so glad/sad/relieved to hear that. haha. I am sure you are down. You work SO hard!

Basics- Good for you for correcting yourself right away. I am sorry about the injury. Hope you are feeling better soon.

As for me... weight loss 0. *Celebrates* with every thing I put my poor body through this week its amazing I din't gain. Now its a new week and I can hit it hard.

We are moving to Arizona (boooo) in a month so I am busy busy packing and cleaning. I will chea\ck in later to see how every one else did!!
  • Good morning chickadees! Well for most of you it's already the afternoon but not here in the land of the Maple Leaf I am so unmotivated to go to work as it's beautiful outside but I have to. Oh well!

I am down 3 - I think it might be more but I did have that salty popcorn last night. Anyway I am happy with that. My dimples were noticeable today - and I sweat it hard at the gym.

Nice new pics - what a bunch of hotties!

BacktoBasics - sorry to hear about the pizza, but perhaps the salt is a reason you are up a pound if that was your only binge...drink tons of water today and try again tomorrow. But good on you to start with determination today!!!

Lindy - glad to hear TOM is in town as I bet that is a contributer to no change - and again I bet you have lost inches!!! TOM is a arsehole - but for you today he was a shining star

Burgandy - good on the 2 - and a good week will ensure 216 I bet!!! I wish hair grew as fast as my arse!! It would be down to my knees! Your hair is such a beautiful color too. Lucky!

Sandy - good for you as well - you, me and Burgandy are all around the same weight - I am at 216 - can't wait to get away from that 2!!! I never want to see that number again (unless of course it's like 142, 152, lol). Glad you are feeling better too!!!

AJ - better to stay the same than gain - and good luck with packing and cleaning - I dread doing that!!! Especially when I am somewhat of a packrat!!

Well I have to get ready and go to work ewww. Hope everyone else has a great Sunday!!

S
  • Wow, Browneyed 3 lbs is awesome! Congratulations! You are really doing awesome. Ok, now it is a close race for 3 of us - U, Burgund and Me! Woo Hoo!

AJ, Moving is tough, but is also great exercise - lots of arms, leg workout with much sweat.....LOL.... What takes you both to Arizona? I have never been there, but some friends of mine moved their temporary (Army base) and loved it.

Burgund - Love the pic and you can see a difference in your face - slimming down. Hair has grown too - wow!

Ok, I have done nothing today, except be a professional at laziness. If it doesn't storm, I may hit the pool for some laps later.

Bye for now!
  • Sandy- My husband is finishing school there. He is a musician and is going to open a recording studio. (hopefully Seattle!) Any ways, his school requires 8 months of education to be in Tempe AZ. Basically Phoenix. Its only hard because we have dogs and we are scared of scorpions and all of my friends and family are here. We lived in LA for a few years so 8 months should go by fast. I HOPE! We just found our new place and the gym is SOOOO nice. That is a huge plus!
  • Whoo whoo, I'm done with lunch and recharged! My daughter and I had lemon pepper grilled shrimp and red peppers--along with some steamed green beans. Funny thing, my 4 year old eats about 2/3 of the shrimp I make, so I only get stuck with a 1/3 which is okay-- I'm just lucky she loves this kind of stuff!

Lindy/Burgundy/MyGrits/AJ/Stacie- Exactly-- I actually hope/will work on that being my only binge day for the month! Pizza loves me, as much I love it-- it sticks around-- here and here and here and here! That's one food I need to just stay away from for awhile--- I can do it

Stacie- Great job on the 3 lbs down!!! Your rockin' it chica!

AJ- good luck on the move for you and your hubby-- 8 months isn't too bad and what a deal if you get to move to Seattle in the end of it!!!

MyGrits- congrats on the continued movement DOWN the scale! I'm so envious you get to swim laps so often...I love to swim! Just hard to do so and watch a 4 year old at the same time...

Now I'm off to finish up some laundry that is way overdue!! Have a good one ladies...
  • Sandy-me, you and Staccie are neck in neck and I am gaining on you. You better watch out!!! Congrats on the .4

Aj-maintaining is always better than a gain. I havent started my kitchen yet, but about to get up and do that. I'm sure 8 months in AZ will go by quickly for you

Staccie-3 lbs!!!! you rock.

Basics-lunch sounds yummy. I went the easy route and had a 6" from Subway.

Gonna get up and get started on the kitchen and get my workout in. I have to finish out these next 5 days of 30ds, not sure if I will get it in every day on my vacation. I wish all of ya'll could see my cute puppies and handsome husband all sleeping around me. I want to cuddle up with them too, but if I go to sleep, I will sleep the day away so not gonna do it. I will check in later
  • I am sure trying to get my time on here as much as I can before the week comes. But I built some time in my calendar each day to check in. AJ - Arizona is really great - my mom lived there in the winters for awhile and it was beautiful - my mom's dog never got bitten by a scorpion at all - but she ensured to spray around her place - hopefully wherever you are going they do that as well - it pretty much eliminates spiders and scorpians. I saw a few but I had to really look for them. Good for being supportive for you husband's career - it sounds pretty exciting.

Backtobasics - your lunch sounded really good...I keep saying I have to make more of an effort to eat more fantastically tasting food. When I do to Safeway soon here I am going to buy some more herbs and stuff. And great for getting recharged - that happened quick and that's awesome! Sounds like pizza is what theatre popcorn is for me - stay away altogether. As I said below I dont' cook much but I tried this pizza recipe once and it was good and really healthy:
    Whole Wheat pita (about 150 calories)
    Coat the pita with some salt free tomato paste or salsa works too (25 calories)
    Put on 2 oz chunks of cooked chicken (100 calories), diced white and green onion, tomato, (20 calories) and whatever other veggies you like, and put a few pieces of fat free swiss cheese (70 calories) and bake it in the oven. It's really good. And you can substitute with shrimp, etc.

Burgandy, Sandy - we are neck and neck -

Well I really better get moving!
  • Howdy, girls! I'm still at 2lbs total for the week. Just got back from another hike and it was great. It's funny as I'm the one on the health kick but since I keep pushing to hike every weekend, my bf is getting in much better shape too (he doesn't need to lose weight but more exercise is always good). We were noticing how we just charge up the mountains now instead of taking millions of breaks and huffing and puffing. Kind of a cool NSV : ) My treat afterwards was some chips and salsa - it's definitely working for me to have a little bit of a treat (I log the calories all the same and make sure my net calories stay in the right range) on Sundays when we exercise a ton - my weight loss has stayed steady and I don't feel deprived the rest of the time. Do any of you guys do something similar?

AJ - sorry to hear you're leaving CO but you picked an excellent time of year to move to Arizona - fall, winter and spring are great but summer just kills you with the heat : ) And maintaining is good - after your mega-losses the other week, your body was probably just adjusting. I can feel a good week for you coming on! And congrats for starting 30ds - that's great!

Lindy - glad you've found the reason you haven't seen a loss as fast as you deserve. After this week, I'm sure you'll see a big drop! Love the new avatar pic - so gorgeous! Sorry to hear your shins are still bothering you. I had to switch to running on dirt paths instead of concrete or asphalt and avoiding jumping jacks and other jumpy exercises entirely. Once you're healed up, you might want to experiment with changing up where you run to a softer surface and substituting lunges or squats for jumping jacks with your videos - just an idea.

Burgundy - Love your pic too! A big giant WOOHOO on losing a pound - good for you!!

Back2basics - bummer on the pizza but great job turning things around!

Staccie - 3lbs!!??!! While you're working like crazy? I think that calls for a dancing carrot: That's awesome - you rock!

mygrits - congrats on the .4 - with everything you have going on, that's impressive! And you're doing great overall - 4.4 since 8/1 is really great!

Apologies if I missed anyone or anything big - there was tons to catch up on and I'm afraid I'll lose my post if I don't hit submit soon.
  • Dance I love hiking. I really wish I lived in the mountains. We used to go yearly and I felt like I was 'home.' The last two years we haven't been able to take the trip - boy do I ever miss it ;-( Sounds like your hiking has really help your lung capacity and muscle strength. Good for you! I do have a treat day, which is Sunday. I try to stay within my calorie range for whatever I endulge in. Today is was 2 slices of pizza......yummmy.

Staccie - Yes we are neck and neck with Burgund! The race is on! LOL.....From your writings, it really sounds like you have done some traveling......boy am I envious. I have always wanted to do that, but never able. Good for you!

AJ - As Staccie said, just make sure they have some exterminating services. I am sure all will be fine, and I bet you love it there. Look at it as a new travel adventure! Woo Hoo!

Basics - I tell you - you should open up a healthy cafe! Your a great cook, and you would do really well having a cafe! LOL......seriously! I think that is really awesome that your daughter its healthy foods and loves them. That says alot for you as a mom!

Well, today has been extremely lazy. I mean really lazy. So, tomorrow is a kick butt day. I am getting up early and moving my body!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Time to drop another 4 lbs! LOL........
  • Wow girls...weight loss across the board for the most part...awesome! CONGRATULATIONS, especially Stacie...thats huge!

Burgundy - I LOVE your pic, I didnt even recognize you. BEAUTIFUL!

I just got home from shopping, Im in a size medium. Its crazy bc Im so far from my goal and the fact that I can fit into a medium makes me wonder if my goal is too low? Idk...its a good problem to have.

Ill check in tomorrow.
  • Grits- He signed up for mechanic. So.. who knows..

AJ-What part of AZ? I lived in Tucson for a while. I loved it! And it is a great time to be there.

Lindy- I'm jealous. What a problem to have. Boy you have it tough. =)

I lost 3lbs this week. YAY! I'm getting closer to onederland again. I can taste it. I know this pace won't hold up, so I'm going to kick it into gear at the gym this week. I'll catch up more tomorrow. I'm too tired to even sit right now. I need my bed. C-ya!