3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   JazzyPeggy's Just For Today Challenge, August 3 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/178274-jazzypeggys-just-today-challenge-august-3-a.html)

inthemidst 08-03-2009 11:08 AM

JazzyPeggy's Just For Today Challenge, August 3

JazzyPeggy usually writes this:
Have you been struggling to get on program, no matter which program you are trying to do? Why not sign in here just for today, and come back and show us how you did. Sign up with any goals you want to.

I have been struggling, some days eating as much as 60 points. I found last week when I started this challenge, that even though I still overate, I did much better, knowing I was going to be reporting it here.

Join me if you like. I will probably start this challenge daily for a while. If anyone beats me on here in the mornings, and it hasn't been started, feel free to start it. Believe me, I will follow this challenge no matter who starts it.

This has become a wonderful supportive group! (New thread started every day for a frest start!) Newbies to this thread always welcome!

inthemidst 08-03-2009 11:12 AM

Hi All,

Yesterday was torture. For all my planning-I did not do well as the day progressed. By the end of the day - I was stressed and eating way off plan and I wasn't hungry. BUt I vowed to get up today and get back op and be gentle with myself.

So the goals for today are:
NO weighing
NO crackers, cookies, cake......
Eat OP
Drink 100 oz water
Some exercise

Can't wait to see all your plans. We can do this! :carrot:

Ash

JazzyPeggy 08-03-2009 01:00 PM

Ash, I so agree with your not weighing today. Why think about it and punish yourself more than you need to. The scales may be just where you want them either tomorrow or the next day.

Thanks for starting the thread, you don't have to put my name on it anywhere. Even in the beginning post. You may have some great words to start it with.

My goals for today

exercise (already done 2 miles walk away the pounds)
32 oz water (already working on it.)
2 fruits (already had one, a banana)
Get hungry at least once today. (I'm breaking the habit of eating nonstop, and it's getting better)
Journal my food and try to keep my points @ 40 or less

TERAPET 08-03-2009 02:16 PM

Hi Ash & Peggy,

Sorry I haven't been around. It's because I was not being good! So I haven't exactly been good today either but the day is still salvagable. I went out to lunch but I won't say where to avoid any self-incrimination!

Ash-Sorry you are stressed. Try to be strong and stay away from the junk food (it's not good for you!). :hug:
Peggy-Yeah for getting in that banana.:cb:Maybe we should report our fruits and vegetables at the end of each day. There are many days when I don't eat very much in the way of plant food. (although ketchup counts as a vegetable right?!:D)

Today's goals are:

No sweets or alcohol
Eat some fruit
Go to my Step class at the Y
Limit dinner to 700 calories
Drink more water

UniquelyNormal 08-03-2009 03:44 PM

umm... :o:^: I need a little bashful face.

I don't have a goal for today. I KNOW I'm staying on plan. I KNOW I'll be hitting my workout as soon as I get home. I'm downing the water. I'm just in the groove. Maybe my goal should be to not F it up. ;) :)

inthemidst 08-03-2009 07:47 PM

Hi All.

Just a quick post before I head out to dinner with the dh. We have spent so little time together that I am feeling guilty so we are heading to his favorite place to eat. I am going for meat and veggies.....

JP, Congrats on your walking. And the banana.
Terapet, Glad to see you back. :hug:
I had junk food a the airport and it tasted like trash...did not stop me from eating it though. So I think that will be goal when I head back to boston and the airport "no junk food"
UN, Sounds great! :carrot:

I have not completed everything. But the night is still young!

A

TERAPET 08-03-2009 10:41 PM

I went to my class at the Y and I ate a piece of fruit. I was over for calories but not very much. I stayed away from the alcohol but I did eat sweets. I did not drink very much water. My total fruits and vegetables today-1. Tomorrow will be better.

IntheMidst-Glad to read you are planning to eat your vegetables!

UN-Groovy!

UniquelyNormal 08-04-2009 08:27 AM

Well didn't I just eat my words?! I did stick to plan, that was good. But we got so busy last night that I missed my workout. Yuck. I hate that I missed it. I do plan to go for a walk at lunch today to make up for it.

JazzyPeggy 08-04-2009 09:07 AM

Terapet had mexican again, I know she did!!!!lol

Liz, that happens to me, I get busy and forget the exercise or to drink the water.

Hope your time with hubby was great, Ash.

I overate by about 10 points yesterday. Got to do better today.