Old 07-16-2009, 11:47 PM   #1  
Slower But Get'n There

S/C/G: 287.6/243.6/199

Height: 5'7"

Default Just For Today Challenge, July 17

Have you been struggling to get on program, no matter which program you are trying to do? Why not sign in here just for today, and come back and show us how you did. Sign up with any goals you want to.

I have been struggling, some days eating as much as 60 points. I found last week when I started this challenge, that even though I still overate, I did much better, knowing I was going to be reporting it here.

Join me if you like. I will probably start this challenge daily for a while. If anyone beats me on here in the mornings, and it hasn't been started, feel free to start it. Believe me, I will follow this challenge no matter who starts it.

This has become a wonderful supportive group!
JazzyPeggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning,

Yeah Peggy on your awesome day yesterday.

IntheMidst-Good Job to you too!

Sorry I did not check in last night. I was soooo tired. Plus I did not do so great yesterday. I swear I was hungry all day. To add to the problem, I had some goodies in my house that I normally don't buy due to my weak discipline. So at least now the goldfish are all gone! But, I did go to the store last night and buy some fruit so I can avoid future bad snacking. The good news is that I have lost 2 pounds since the beginning of the week. So despite not achieving 1800 calories a day, I must not be doing too bad. Yeah. Thanks girls.

Todays goal is 1800 calories again. So far I have had whole grain cereal with bananas and blueberries. Lunch is homemade chicken salad and cherries.

Good Luck Today!
TERAPET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 10:17 AM   #3  
No Fear

S/C/G: 294.6/294.6/280

Height: 5''3

I think I like thinking about only today
JFT
Elliptical:At least 30min[Ihaven't exercised,for 2 days,and I don't want to,but if it JFTI think I can do it]
Water:50 oz
Cal.1,300

Last edited by Tracy; 07-17-2009 at 10:19 AM.
Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 10:47 AM   #4  
my beautiful mess

S/C/G: 197/179/145 or so

Height: 5'5"

Hey Chickies,

I did not eat at a restaurant yesterday- forgot to remove it. However I feel I did something much more important and longlasting....I talked the DH out of eating at a restaurant and fed him an OP meal that he enjoyed.

However today I have two restaurant meals to contend with. Last day of detox and I am bloated so hopefully I will be motivated to eat OP.

So my goals are
more than 1.5 liters water
eat on plan, even at the restaurants
no crackers
walk the dog with DH, no matter how late

JazzyPeggy: I am impressed with your point control w/o counting! Yay!
Tracy: What is JFT? I know you can do the exercise today!
Terapet: Congratulations!! 2lbs.

I am thinking about you ladies. And wishing you an easy easy day.

Ash
inthemidst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 10:51 AM   #5  
No Fear

inthe midst,
Thanks for the encouragement.I need it!
JFT=Just For Today
Old 07-17-2009, 11:00 AM   #6  

inthemidst-Word of Advice-Don't go to a mexican restaurant. Just kidding cause I went earlier this week and it was a disaster. Eating out is such a challenge. I had a salad from Chili's last night and was quite suprised when I looked up the calories this morning. It doesn't seem possible. I had a Caesar salad w/shrimp for 950 calories. For that I would have eaten at Wendys!
Old 07-17-2009, 02:52 PM   #7  
No Fear

45min on elliptical
Old 07-17-2009, 04:37 PM   #8  

second that Woo-Hoo Tracy!
Old 07-17-2009, 10:12 PM   #9  
Slower But Get'n There

WooHoo, Terapet, Tracy, & Ash. We all have made some accomplishments.

Do you all want this to be a new thread every day, or just one continuous thread? The only reason I ask is Ash had put hers on the wrong day and then had to come here and post it again.

It's whatever you all want.

I like, no I love our support system we have going.

I'm sure we will all start seeing lower numbers on the scale.

Now about my day today, I haven't added my points yet, but I know it's more than yesterday. But my frame of mind is so much better. I did eat a fruit and a vege today and I'm working on my water. I will be back later to let you know about my points.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:20 PM   #10  
my beautiful mess

S/C/G: 197/179/145 or so

Height: 5'5"

Hi,
Ok Now that I am in the right place (Thank you JazzyPeggy)!

So my goals are
more than 1.5 liters water - Not yet
eat on plan, even at the restaurants
no crackers
walk the dog with DH, no matter how late

I am pretty happy with my day. First the bad news. I bailed on walking the dog. I ate chicken and guac. Now for the successes: I went off plan by eating chicken and guac. Not chips or any of the other things I would normally get at a mexican restaurant. And my best trick of the night was to convince DH to go to a mexican restaurant and not get chips. Ladies, this was a miracle. The man thinks the point of eating at a mex restaurant is to fill up on 2-3 bowls of chips and then bring your meal home for lunch and dinner the next day. That's his money saving plan. He was a student too long.

Tracy: Wow. 45 mins. I am in awe.
Terapet: Thank you for the advice. Thankfully I am in the no counting calories part of the program. I am trying hard to learn to love lettuce without dressing. That must have been where the calories came in your chili's salad. Right? And I am with you- rather eat at wendys if that's the calorie load. Cannot wait to hear about your day.
JazzyPeggy: Cannot wait to here about your day, too. How did the not counting points go? And I think a seperate thread for each day is a good idea. I am just not paying attention.

Ash

Last edited by inthemidst; 07-17-2009 at 10:22 PM.
inthemidst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 10:26 PM   #11  
Slower But Get'n There

I used 54 points today. But on a better note, I did cut my portions in half when we out for dinner. That's how I lost weight several years ago. We will continue the daily thread unless someone else thinks different. I think the daily thread gives us a clean slate to work with everyday.

Hugs everyone