G2009 We Gotta Work! Labor Day Challenge

You're on Page 6 of 20
Go to
  • Quote: Hey guys! I got tagged by Ruth yesterday adn did 20 min cardio and then 30 min weights.

I tag Ruth back and whoever posts next!
    Guess that would be me and since I just did an hour of pilates and an half hour of gardening....I'm covered....So now I am tagging:
    • YOU
    • mrsaugie
    • mayness
  • Hi Ladies-

I am visiting Savannah this weekend and I swear I am going to walk my feet off. Last night we walked up and down Riverside St. I was very good despite those tempting candy shops! Today we hiked the nature trails at Skidaway State Park and then drove out to Tybee Island and walked on the beach. Can't say my lunch out there was low calorie unfortunatley. Well I was glad to get the exercise in.

I tag:

Sprkle
    dairy
    mayness
  • I finished three tags today and yesterday. I'm only going to tag three today:
    jacque
    mckenziesmomma
    mayness

Have a great night chickies!
  • Hey everyone.

Sorry I've been MIA. Basically I've spent the last couple of days trying fruitlessly to numb the pain of disappointment and uselessness with my frenemy - food. I can't afford the ticket home. I'm going to miss Sunshine's wedding and I don't know when I'll be able to see my family and friends again. I feel horrid.

But forget my crap!

Ruth! Glad to have you back!

Abby, Dcap, & Kitten!

Congratulations on the job, Mel!

Weigh ins need to be PMed to me by tomorrow (Sunday) night!
  • Mel, congrats on the job.

All of you are doing great on the tag game. I just love reading about it.

SW 283.6
    CW 282.6
    GW 268

Down one pound, I'll pm JasonLea
  • Just weighed in this morning.

SW: 280 CW: 271.4 GW: 260

Now imagine what I could lose if I exercise more than once a week! :P That will be my goal for next week, to get in a few more days of exercise. But for now, I'll just be happy and proud that I have 6-day on-plan streak for keeping within my calorie range.
  • Quote:
    Dcapulet- Welcome!! We're glad to have you. Be sure to PM your weigh-in to JasonsLea on Sunday. It's our first weigh in for this challenge. We are currently playing a tag exercise game. You can play if you want, but you don't have to participate. (No one must participate in the Mini-challenges to play in the main challenge).

Thanks for the heads up. Done.

hi everyone!

Im looking for something fun to do today. It's not warm enough her in NY to swim, I've been walking every day for almost three weeks, and I am about out of ideas. Hubby's using the video games (so no wii fit) I don't have a bike, i already did yoga... hmmm. I need to do SOMETHING.

what do you do for exercise when you're bored with your routine?
  • hi all it seems like everyone had a good day yesterday. mine was a long one i was up at 4 am yesterday morning to help with an event in town. so i did a lot of pacing then. after the hot air balloons where launched we called it quits until last night to watch the safety line once again ( more pacing) for an evening balloon glow and fireworks where we ended up sprinting from grass fire to grass fire to help put them out. it was either that or stop the show for the fire department to do it. so i have an hour of evercising done.

with that i am taging:
    ruthie
    terapet
    jacquee
    dcapulet
    dairy
    sprkle

with that i'm saying see ya later. have a good day.
  • I've picked up a couple more tags I lost a half lb this week. Not bad. My food has not been on plan (I've had french fries three times this week). I told DH that I've been banished from the fries. I threw out any that were left in the freezer and I am refusing to have any more. Apparently they are a binge food for me at the moment. I've never been crazy over fries until this week. I'll live, next week will be better.

Dcapulet- I started to say that I'm not very good at sticking with a routine so I don't have a lot of advice, but truth is that I just have exercise ADD... I have a lot of inexpensive pieces of equipment (resistance band, ab ball, step, weights) and I'll spend a couple weeks with cardio and the resistance band, and then I'll forget about the band and spend a couple weeks with my cardio and the step and weights, etc. So it's more that I just have enough little things that I can keep switching around so that I can keep exercising. For my cardio I alternate between jogging and riding a stationary bike.

Jenicra- way to go on the great loss this week! We're here to keep cheering you on.
  • Went today and played softball with the church group! It was good. I had a good time. and I did get sweaty, in addition to getting 2 hits for 2 at-bats! It's been so long, I thought I had forgotten.

My wt - 178! So pleased to be in the next decade down!
  • Ahhhh....I haven't been around a whole lot this week. I'm coming in to PM my 2 pound loss this week. YAY!

I have been so busy, but I went to Curves for my monthly weigh in. I only lost 4 pounds but I lost 8 inches total...mostly around my waist and abdomen. I know I can do better and I'm definately going to try

Oh...I also signed up for my first 5K today...I'm gonna start training for it this week.
  • Finished one tag today. Also got my pedometer in the mail today, finally! It took almost two weeks to get here because they sent it to the wrong postal facility. I wish they would have sent it UPS, things always get here faster with UPS. I really like the pedometer, it will definitely keep me moving more during the day.
    Getting frustrated with my weight, I have been doing very well with my eating and exercising and the scale has stayed almost the same for about 6 days in a row. I am ready for a whooosh! It could be because of PMS looming, I don't know.
    Anyway, I'll tag:

jenicra
    dcapulet
    terapet
  • WEEK #1 RESULTS

STATS:
    TOTAL # OF PEOPLE - 19
    TOTAL # OF WEIGH INS - 11
    TOTAL # OF LOSSES - 8
    TOTAL # OF GAINS - 0
    TOTAL LOSS FOR WEEK #1 - 21.9

WEEKLY WINNER - Jenrica with an AMAZING 8.6 LOSS!

RUNNERS UP
    Kitten - #4.8 loss
    Mayness - #2.6 loss

Okay, everyone! Looks like we had a fantastic first week! Look at those losses!

We missed several weigh-ins. Remember, if you miss two weigh ins, I stop keeping track for you. And you must PM those weigh ins to me because I don't check the threads first when I'm doing the stats!

Sorry I'm posting them so late, today was rather hectic!

• Did 60 minutes of pilates and 30 minutes of walk/run. That's 9 tags.....So EVERYBODY get moving....
  • Finally saw a loss, 178.8, down .4. That's even after eating at Chili's last night. But I was very careful how I ate. I got a chicken salad, requested no tortilla strips on it, used very little ranch dressing. We always get their chips and salsa so I counted out a serving then all four of us shared a molten cake.

Congratulations on all the losses this week!!
    Thanks for the tag Jacque!! I have an hour to try to work off today.