G2009 We Gotta Work! Labor Day Challenge

You're on Page 2 of 20
Go to
  • i will play tag with you sprkle. i love it. i think it is a great way to get back on track and i think we might need a good kick in the you all know what. a midyear boost if you to finish strong.

shari are we going to pm our WI to you or post them on the due date.
  • I'm in!

I had a weekend full of high-sodium junk so I'm probably holding a lot of water weight, but I might as well use it as my starting weight.

Start: 137.6
    Goal: 128.6

Can I really get out of the 130's for the first time in almost 2 years?? I guess we'll see.

Oh, and I love the idea of playing tag again, that's my favorite!!
  • Hey everyone So, I have missed you all so much! I don't think I can stay away..LOL! I am going to join up in this challenge...but I am going to pass on organizing the mini-challenges. I think it would be great to have one or several fresh energetic folks working on that.

I am torn between my weigh ins....before I was weighing in every single day and was getting so discouraged that I ended up just quitting. I had decided to weigh only once a month, but I'm thinking now weekly may be a better idea. Maybe that will help keep me motivated to stay on track!

So some of my goals for this challenge is to....

#1. Don't get overwhelmed!!! LOL!
    #2. Take it nice and easy...I have to give up these ideas and hopes of losing weight fast. I get so discouraged that I quit and quitting definately doesn't get you anywhere with weight loss!
    #3. 1800 calories a day and working out at Curves or some kind of exercise for 60 minutes everyday! This is super doable for me!
    #4. Last but not least....if I want to splurge on something I will....now I won't go crazy and eat what I want for every meal of the day...everyday...all week long...week after week....rather I will make lower calorie versions of it at home OR plan the splurge into my weekly/daily calories, OR workout a little extra for it!

So...anywho....sorry for leaving you all. I hope you will all forgive me and have me back! I look forward to a refreshing new challenge and hopefully some inspiring mini-challenges!

SW - 264
    GW - 244

That is 20 pounds and just a teeny hair over 2 pounds a week for 9 weeks.

Well.... to you all!
  • Oh...and I will play tag as well sparkle!
  • I love tag! Count me in.
  • Okay, I'm lost....what is tag? I know you aren't talking about the childhood game "Tag, you're it"...or are you?
  • Quote: Okay, I'm lost....what is tag? I know you aren't talking about the childhood game "Tag, you're it"...or are you?
    It's an exercise type game we play from time to time as one of our challenges. You exercise for 30 minutes and when your done you get to tag 3 people. Those folks you tagged have to go work out for 30 minutes...but then when they are done they get to tag 3 people. It is alot of fun and keeps you working out!
  • Quote: It's an exercise type game we play from time to time as one of our challenges. You exercise for 30 minutes and when your done you get to tag 3 people. Those folks you tagged have to go work out for 30 minutes...but then when they are done they get to tag 3 people. It is alot of fun and keeps you working out!
    I like it...I will do it!!!
  • WOOOOT! Welcome back Tera, Sparkle, Mayness, and Mel!

SuperGirl!

It would be awesome to play tag again! I'm in!

I'm going to need everyone's WI by Sunday. Please pm your WIs to me and I'll post the week's results on Monday. This challenge runs for 9 weeks and if you miss 2 weigh-ins, I will stop tracking for you. Is that cool with everyone?
  • I am in! Thanks Jason'slea for taking over this challenge!

CW -179
    GW - 169
  • Quote:

I'm going to need everyone's WI by Sunday. Please pm your WIs to me and I'll post the week's results on Monday. This challenge runs for 9 weeks and if you miss 2 weigh-ins, I will stop tracking for you. Is that cool with everyone?
    Sounds good! So I will post my weigh in on Monday's I guess...I weighed in today I will PM you my weight for this week.

So I put in 1/2 an hour of working out at Curves today so I will kick off the tagging I guess...

I will start by tagging three people...but if you guys thing we should only tag one or two then we can change it...I figure if we are only gonna do this for a week then we can build up a few tags and keep working them off even after the game is over....

anywho...

I'm tagging

Jacque9999
    sprklemajik
    JasonsLea
  • Quote: It's an exercise type game we play from time to time as one of our challenges. You exercise for 30 minutes and when your done you get to tag 3 people. Those folks you tagged have to go work out for 30 minutes...but then when they are done they get to tag 3 people. It is alot of fun and keeps you working out!
    I want to play!
  • Quote:
    I'm tagging

Jacque9999
    sprklemajik
    JasonsLea
    Just did an hour of boot camp....I'm tagging:
    • diary
    • mayness
    • McKenziesmomma (Right back at ya)
  • good morning everyone. i hope that yesterday went good and that today is another good one. yesterday was another lazy day which was not what i had wanted to do. so i have to make up for that. stacking firewood and cutting the lawn are on the to do list for today as well as what ever i get done.
  • Thanks for the Tag Melissa, I'm excited to have you back. Hopefully you can find the balance you need.

I exercised inside yesterday... the SC serial killer had me pretty shook up. The town where all that happened was about 30 minutes drive from my home. Thankfully all that is now over. Now I can play outside again.