3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   July Weight Loss Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/175508-july-weight-loss-challenge.html)

Jacqui_D 07-06-2009 08:19 AM

Joci, so good to see you!! We've missed you!! What a wonderful goal--to maintain! :yay: I can't wait to get there!! I don't know if you'll have a chance to read through all the pages of posts, but I'll fill you in on 2-3 of the major events--Delphi had to take Canaan to Children's Hospital in Nashville. She left a couple of days ago and we're all waiting to hear from her. CMof4 and Ms_P went on vacation, but are still going to check in when they can. And CMof4's Mom is here! Her name is Late_the_the_Game (LTTG) and she's already lost 3 lbs this week!

Jacque9999 07-06-2009 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacqui_D (Post 2814500)
Joci, so good to see you!! We've missed you!! What a wonderful goal--to maintain! :yay: I can't wait to get there!! I don't know if you'll have a chance to read through all the pages of posts, but I'll fill you in on 2-3 of the major events--Delphi had to take Canaan to Children's Hospital in Nashville. She left a couple of days ago and we're all waiting to hear from her. CMof4 and Ms_P went on vacation, but are still going to check in when they can. And CMof4's Mom is here! Her name is Late_the_the_Game (LTTG) and she's already lost 3 lbs this week!

No I didn't get to read thorough the posts...what happened to Canaan? How long ago did they go to hospital?

:welcome: CMof4's mom...Late_the_the_Game (LTTG) and :congrat: on the 3 pound loss.

Couch 07-06-2009 08:34 AM

Glutio - definite difference in the face. And I'm bad at seeing this stuff!

Jacqui_D 07-06-2009 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacque9999 (Post 2814508)
No I didn't get to read thorough the posts...what happened to Canaan? How long ago did they go to hospital?

She took him to the hospital late Saturday morning. He was having trouble with his feeding tube, getting sick after every feeding. She thought he wasn't keeping down his meds but she was afraid to give him more for fear of double dosing him. His breathing was also erratic and he was struggling all night. She was really afraid, but you know Delphi, despite her tears, she is as strong as they come, so she didn't waste any time in doing what she needed to do and getting him over to Children's Hospital. She thought she'd be gone a night or two, so I really hope we hear from her today!

Jacqui_D 07-06-2009 09:08 AM

Good morning to all our ladies!! I hope we've all sufficiently recovered from the holiday weekend (or week for those of you in Canada) and we're ready to start this new week off right! :carrot:

NSM, good for you in passing up that seafood restaurant last night! That is hard to do! :yes:

Glutio, yes, I can definitely see a change in your face! It's harder to tell about the looseness of your top because of the pattern of your top, but your face is clearly thinner! Great job and keep sharing your pics along the way!!! It's inspiring! :cheer:

Hiya Couch! :wave: Have a great day!

I hope everyone has a great day! :D

Jacque9999 07-06-2009 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacqui_D (Post 2814523)
She took him to the hospital late Saturday morning. He was having trouble with his feeding tube, getting sick after every feeding. She thought he wasn't keeping down his meds but she was afraid to give him more for fear of double dosing him. His breathing was also erratic and he was struggling all night. She was really afraid, but you know Delphi, despite her tears, she is as strong as they come, so she didn't waste any time in doing what she needed to do and getting him over to Children's Hospital. She thought she'd be gone a night or two, so I really hope we hear from her today!

Poor Dephi and Canaan :(

just_a_dreamy1 07-06-2009 10:31 AM

Delphi - Thinking of you guys. :hug:

Jacque9999 - You're at my goal weight! It's so cool to see someone who is already there! You are one of my inspirations ;)

Glutio - Looking smokin'! Congratulations on your weight loss!

I drank too much this weekend. I only had four drinks in three nights, and they were all as low cal as possible, so I was good that way. But by last night, I was feeling a little out of control, because even though I didn't plan it that way, I ended up drinking less for enjoyment and more to try to forget about things that are bothering me in my life. So now the wine will remain firmly in the fridge for an undetermined amount of time.

Working on day 15 and my first bottle of water here. I'm off to my doctor's appointment at 10:30. I'm going to talk to her about my depression, and hopefully we can come up with a plan to get it under control. Please wish me luck...

Tummy Girl 07-06-2009 10:36 AM

Good morning lovelies, hope everyone's starting the day off right!

JasonsLea - enjoy all that time off, and woohoo on the 2.2:carrot:, that's an awesome loss.

Jacqui_D - I like that number better, I'd rather underestimate than over. With the other number I would have burnt more calories than I planned on eating yesterday and that seemed fishy to me, and thanks for looking up something I was too dense to do myself :D

Glutio - the honesty of that made me laugh, not in a mean way but in that shared pain of wifeyhood. That sounds like a big kick in the balls to me, maybe two and good for you for letting it out, b/c sometimes you can yell at them but I bet you we all understand a whole lot more than he does as to why you're mad. Hope you enjoyed your much earned massage. Sometimes it is nice just to have the space, when dh left for work last August I had 6 months w/o him and we found out where we were moving we had I think it was 5 days to get the house ready, pardon me, I had 5 days, with a two year old and a full time job. Needless to say I called all my girlfriends and one guy friend for the heavy lifting and we we up to 3 in the morning scrubbing my house. It was actually helpful not having dh there b/c he would have interferred in my cleaning army. The only thing that was horrible was leaving for work in the morning, drying out the shower and sink and washing the floor as I backed out of the house. I had to keep that bloody mop in my car, not to mention hiding all our daughters toys. It's a crazy time, but worth it and thank God it's usually short lived. I think if he was home someone may have died.

Skinny - "you aren't all that heavy" that just made my day sweetie! I don't think anyone has ever said that to me. But aside from that my HR is usually 75-85% while mowing because it's a crazy lawn but I never really feel worn out after I exercise or out of breath any more so that why it's so hard to tell now. It's just so hard to know and being that I'm such a freakie tracker person it bugs me when I can't figure it out. But I guess given your calories on walks it is possible.

NSM - :bravo::cp: and good for you, that's the spirit we like to see! You're now commited because we know, so we're gonna be checking on you now :) And I did find that cruel that our fat can actually make estrogen and estorgen tells our body to hold fat, like honestly, that's just not very nice of our body at all. But it does make sense that b/c it sure is easier to get fatter when you're already fat! I will miss some of the testosterone though it does help build muscle, loss weight faster, not to mention that sex drive but maybe once it's a bit more normal I just have the good without the bad, we'll see.

Jacque - Good to see you back :wave: Congrats on making to (and past) goal, I must have missed that while I was away.

Delphi - :hug: and hoping your all doing ok

That was super chatty, must be in a talky mood today. My run is done, got to head out to finish the lawn, I really should take a picture of the stupid thing with all my ranting about it, lol. Got most of my house guest cleaning done just floors to wash this afternoon and already finished dusting before 7am, finish the yard and I think it's ready to go. They're also arriving four hours earlier than expected so I guess I should figure out what to feed them too.

And Glutio, the one thing I asked dh to do, as he has been working everyday for the last 4 or 5 days - to go outside on the extension latter and wash the outside of the living room window once the sun set so it won't streak. And guess who still has bird crap on her window, yup this girl does!

Have a delightful day all and since Sandye's away DRINK YOUR WATER!

Jacque9999 07-06-2009 11:09 AM

[QUOTE=Jacqui_D;2814523]
Quote:

Originally Posted by just_a_dreamy1 (Post 2814729)
Jacque9999 - You're at my goal weight! It's so cool to see someone who is already there! You are one of my inspirations ;)
I drank too much this weekend.

:thanks: And didn't we all drink/eat too much this weekend? That's the thing...if you do (as I did) you need to prepare for it...which I did last week (hence reaching goal)...then...I don't feel so terrible when I go off plan....and then get right back on as soon as the weekend is over.

Good luck on getting the depression under control. Been there done that and I know it is a process and can take time...but you can do it!!! :goodluck:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tummy Girl (Post 2814744)
Jacque - Good to see you back :wave: Congrats on making to (and past) goal, I must have missed that while I was away.

:thanks: Hopefully I didn't blow it too badly this past weekend and weigh in on Friday is a good one!!! Hope you had a nice vacay...where were you anyway?

Jacqui_D 07-06-2009 11:12 AM

Dreamy, good luck with your dr's appt! :crossed: A few of us here have experience with depression so we know how difficult battling it can be. Yes, definitely stay away from that wine for now. It is not the right answer for your emotions or your body! :nono: :hug:

T_Girl, wow, you are being so productive! Good for you!! :carrot:

CakeBatter 07-06-2009 12:09 PM

Just popping in for a sec. Yesterday was a wash for me so I am POP today and perfectly ready to be healthy today. here is to a new week.

LINZLUV 07-06-2009 12:23 PM

July 6- 215
July 13- 215
July 20-
July 27-

July 31-

Grrr, I hit a plateau, must try harder!

Tracy 07-06-2009 12:30 PM

:woohoo::woohoo:275.4 this morning!

Jacqui_D 07-06-2009 01:35 PM

July Weight Loss Challenge List of Participants (so far!)

Weight Loss goals are in this list. Exercise goals are in the sister thread--July Exercise Challenge http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=175369. If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed or edited in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Get back on track OP consistently; lose between 6-7 lbs
Sunflowergirl68: Lose 8-10 lbs; drink more water
NewShinyMe: Keep track of water intake; reach the 160's; stay accountable during the weekends
Jelder227: Lose 8-10 lbs
LaurenA: Lose 5 lbs
Lene1974: Drink 64 oz of water daily; lose 5 lbs
Velveteen: Reach 85 kg or less
Delphi: Reach ONEderland; lose 10 lbs
Jacqui_D: Lose 7-10 lbs
JoyinSF: Lose 6-8 lbs
Crazymamaof4: Lose at least 5 lbs; eat even MORE fruits and veggies; try out a new recipe every week; stay POP at least 85% of the time
Jellybellyjess: Lose 7-10 lbs
Susiemartin: Lose 10 lbs to be under 225 lbs
Nellonello: Lose 8 lbs; maintain a 1000-calorie deficit 5 days a week
Linzluv: Lose 10 lbs
Mystical: Lose 8-10 lbs
Robbynmarie_k: Fit into a size 18; reach 48 in waist measurement; maintain a 1000 calorie deficit; reach 220 lbs
Sugarbaby269: Lose 8-10 lbs
Stephanielllll: Lose 8 lbs; drink recommended amount of water
Gekster: Lose 9 lbs; be more accountable on the weekends
Peachykeen62: Lose 8-10 lbs
Merose: Reach "overweight" on BMI chart; lose 9 lbs to reach 185 lbs
Joyra: Lose 10 lbs to reach 145 lbs; lose 10 inches
CakeBatter: Lose 6 lbs to reach 165 lbs; try to eat "clean"
JazzyPeggy: Lose 10 lbs to reach 273 lbs
Ms_Perception: Lose 5 lbs; take a multi-vitamin at least 85% of the time; lose inches, especially around the waist
Canadianangel: Go gluten-free
VickieLou: Lose 15 lbs
SuzyQ: Lose 5 lbs
Wifey: Lose 10 lbs; drink a LOT of water
Ashley4012: Eat no fast food; lose 10 lbs
Annie96: Lose 8 lbs; drink water every day; do not do mindless munching; measure and prepare food to stay consistent with Fitday journaling
TexSue: Lose 5 lbs; drink 48 oz of water per day
Glutio: Lose 10 lbs
Late_to_the_Game: Lose 7-10 lbs; drink more water
Iamren: Lose 12 lbs
Janis427: Lose 10 lbs
Lookingtobehealthy: Lose 6-8 lbs
JasonsLea: No "pigging out" in Alabama for BFF's wedding
Ruby5839: Lose 5-8 lbs; stay OP at least 5 days a week
Blondie32: Lose 10 lbs
CamiToo: Reach 220 lbs
LewisEmpire: Drink 64 oz of water every day; lose 8 lbs
Tracy: Lose as much weight as possible under 277.6 lbs
SteelersGirlie: Lower number of bad carbs eaten; eat more vegetables; lose 10 lbs
SkinnyJeansInWaiting: Lose 10 lbs
Moralia: Reach the 130s
Candtlove: Lose 10 lbs; drink more fluids
Just_a_dreamy1: No bingeing; drink at least 6 bottles of water a day; fit into size 7's with NO muffin top; eat as healthily as possible
Mommaof2lilmen: Lose 5 lbs; drink more water
Couch: Lose 3.3 kg (7.3 lbs) to reach 96.5 kg (212.3 lbs)
2beautiful2Bfat; Lose 10 lbs to reach 202 lbs
Paisleyprincess: Lose 12 lbs to reach 230 lbs
Mothermavis: Lose 11 lbs to reach 145 lbs
SoulMeetsBody: Drink 10 cups of water a day; try not to "pig out"; lose 4-5 lbs
Tummy_Girl: Lose 10 lbs to reach 189 lbs
Jacque9999: Stay in the 120s

Jacqui_D 07-06-2009 01:39 PM

Cake, I love your new avatar pic! You look so pretty! Is that your DBF with you? Good job getting back on track! You are so close to your goal!! :yay:

Linzluv, oh I know! Plateaus are so frustrating! But just keep at it and you'll break through it! :cheer:

Tracy, great job on your weight loss!! And after a holiday, that's so great! Keep going! :carrot:

Delphi 07-06-2009 01:40 PM

Hey ladies. :hug: I finally found a computer, although it is ancient. We are still in the critical care unit here at Vanderbilt Childrens Hospital and Canaan is stable. We have a video bronc tomorrow to see if there is an ubstruction in his throat somewhere. The little guy is struggaling for every last breath he takes. It's been sooo hard you guys and I've been surviving on Nutrigrain bars and diet coke and when you think you don't have a tear left to cry, then here comes more. They are discussing the possiblity of having to put a trach(sp?) in and I don't know if I am in the right state of mind to make that kind of decision. it's anohter huge step in the wrong direction. I don't know. There is always someone on this computer, but I'll try to get back tomorrow and let you ladies know what happens. I really hate to admit this...but I'm scared. I don't have time to read all your posts, but I hope you all are well and please, make sure that the people you love, know it daily.

Jacqui_D 07-06-2009 01:47 PM

Oh bless your heart, Delphi! I can't imagine! I will continue to pray for Canaan, for the doctors, and for you! :hug:

Newshinyme 07-06-2009 01:49 PM

Morning ladies!
I slept in this morning and now I am running behind on everything..oh well, I will just have to move faster :D

Jacque: Good to see you back. I see that now your goal is to maintain, how cool is that?

Glutio: You can totally see a big difference, not only on your face, but your chest and abdomen.

Penelope: Good luck with the doctor. Depression is no fun.

Tummy: Oh yes the joys of womanhood LOL, but I guess we have no option other than taking the good with the bad eh?. Seems like you've been a busy bee today. Maybe you want to come over here once you're done?

Cake: Yesterday's over. So, Yay for a new week now!

Delphi: I am so sorry! I can only imagine how scary this is right now. If you can get a little sleep that might help with the decision making. I so wish you were a bit closer to give you more support. I will be thinking of you and Canaan.

L R K 07-06-2009 02:20 PM

Happy Monday All! I hope you all had a great weekend and for those of you in the US an awesome 4th of July :D

So I have had a 2 mildly bad weeks. :nono:

Me and my fiance are moving to our new house at the end of the month *YAY* so we have been busy getting all the things ready for the move. And as most of you i'm sure know stress, not enough, sleep, irregular eating habits = not losing weight. Poor excuse I know but things happen ... :rolleyes:

However I am back OP and will have my first weigh in of the week tomorrow so I am hoping to see something good on the scale.

On another note I have adjusted my work out schedule to include gym time at least 4 times a week (with one of those days either spinning class or women's bootcamp) and also going back to walking my dog every single day in the evening. I have been a little slack and just down right lazy this month, taking the dog to the park and letting her run and me not doing bugger all - we both could use the walk. :running:

Jacque9999 07-06-2009 02:24 PM

:hug: My heart and prayer's go out to Dephi and Canaan :hug:

L R K 07-06-2009 02:27 PM

Delphi my thoughts are with you and Canaan. I can only imagine how hard this must be for you. I wish I could offer more than some kind words but please know that I am praying and hoping for you both to be strong. The decision will come to you in time. :hug:

mystical 07-06-2009 03:21 PM

Delphi: You and Canaan are in my thougths and prayers :angel:

Today has been and ok day I went out in the truck with DH and he took my out for breakfast and I was so clueless of what to get. I hope I didn't do to much damage to my weight this week YIKES...:yikes: My trainer is coming on Wednesday so it should be interesting. I am getting measurements done this week and this will be my first real workout with her. I am only seeing her 2 times a month that's all I can afford right now so she is getting me some sample menu plans together and she is making a couple of routines for me to do in between our sessions. Wish me luck I am going to need it I might not be able to move for a week after Wednesday :faint:
Hope you all have a wonderful day!!

lookingtobehealthy 07-06-2009 03:42 PM

July 1st weighed, in at 244
July 5th weighed in at 242
Not such a bad start... I am flunking today that's for sure, but tomorrow is another day...
My new mini goal will be to weigh 235 before surgery day,and to maintain that until I can walk and exercise again....post op...
So wish me luck. I have until Monday morning July 27th to lose 7 pounds....
Hope you are all well and continued sucess on your weight loss...
Have a great day.
This is my one day off until next weekend, when I celebrate my big 40....

Lewisempire 07-06-2009 04:00 PM

Hi girls!!! Hope everyone, had a great and safe 4th!
Delphi, Oh those are tough decisions, Trust your heart! Do you know/trust your doctor? If you have one you trust, I would say go with what he/she says. Usually, the one doctor that takes time to explain stuff to you is the one that still loves/cares about the patient/family. We all are praying for you and little Cannan. Hang in there girl, You will get throught this, you are a strong woman!

LaurenA- Getting back on plan is the hardest part! Good for you! Good luck!

CAKE!!!! OMG, you look super!!!!! I am sooooooooo envious! The running looks good on you! Way to go! I better get my butt in gear, I feel like I take one step down, and 1 step up......But I am back at it again, because you inspired me!!!!! thank you!

Tummy- Have fun with your guests! It is a good time to try out new and crazy recipes :devil:whahhaahaaa:devil:

Jaque9999 - Yay for you Chickie! Goal:bravo::hat::cp:

Glutio- Gotta love the hubbies, bless their little pea-pickin hearts!!!! Vent away girl, that is what we are here for..... and on a brighter note, the picture is showing A LOT of changes in the face, and your tummy too! Good for you, stay on track, It is working!

As for me girls, I too am coming off a less than stellar weekend, but between bad moods, and crazy work stuff, I did manage to continue to workout. Now to get my food in check.......:dizzy:........I am switching back to Thedailyplate, (from sparkpeople) I don't know why, but It just seemed like a big Pain in my butt to log everything on that site. I will definately miss the menu plan ideas, but I think I will sneak an occasional peak when I need some ideas.
I did get a new Pilates DVD over the weekend for $2:carrot:, so I popped it in today......Ummmmm well, I am not as flexible as I used to be, and only got through about 30 minutes before giving in. I will try the other half later tonight. Let me take a quick poll: Does LMAO at Denise Austin count as a Core workout?????:dunno: Well I will take the dog out later for a walk, and get my miles in (if it doesn't storm) Take care everyone~

merose 07-06-2009 04:19 PM

delphi my thoughts are with you and canaan. trust that your decisions are the best you can make.

Jacqui_D 07-06-2009 07:47 PM

As you know ladies, almost as much as CMof4 pushes water, I push green tea, and today I read an article that might be of interest to anyone trying to lose weight and/or become healthy, so I thought I'd share! Here is the link and the article:

http://www.dietdetective.com/daily-d...?issueid=40995

Tip of the Day:
Tea 101: Drink to Your Health!

Yes — sort of. Tea is an excellent source of antioxidants. While it's hard to make a general comparison, a rough estimate suggests that two servings of tea equal one serving of your average antioxidant-packed veggie. But because nearly 95 percent of tea's polyphenol compounds are flavonoids, tea ranks among the plants with the highest total flavonoid content. Green tea contains more simple flavonoids, called catechins, while black tea contains more complex varieties, called thearubigins and theaflavins. And don't be discouraged because the Food and Drug Administration refused to allow green tea labels to claim health benefits; the agency simply felt that more studies were needed to justify the claim that green tea has the ability to lower the risk of cancer.

Does tea have more caffeine than coffee?
No. A 6-ounce cup of tea usually contains 25 to 60 milligrams of caffeine, less than the typical 100 milligrams found in 6 ounces of coffee. However, in its dry form, tea does come out ahead of coffee, pound for pound, with regard to total caffeine, giving rise to the belief that tea is highly caffeinated. At the point of consumption, though, coffee contains more caffeine.

Is green tea the healthiest of all teas?
Green tea is traditionally thought to have the highest amount of antioxidants — so it has the best reputation. However, a preliminary study at Oregon State University indicated that white tea may actually have more antioxidant power than green. A separate study conducted at the Chinese University of Hong Kong suggests that black tea has the same level of antioxidants as green tea. Do you need to drink 10 cups a day to benefit? Some Chinese homeopathic health practitioners advise 10 cups per day, but a lot of research suggests that that much isn't necessary. For example, just two cups of tea provide as much antioxidant power as a serving of vegetables, and research indicates that metabolism speeds up after five cups.

Does tea help you burn calories?
One study showed that participants who drank five 10-ounce servings of tea burned an additional 67 calories a day compared with those who drank an equal amount of water.

Green tea may burn extra calories and oxidize fat, perhaps because of the compound epigallocatechin gallate. One study found that green tea extract increases metabolism and fat burning at a rate of almost 80 calories per day. Another recent study, from the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, demonstrated that tea containing 690 milligrams of catechins significantly reduced body fat after 12 weeks. However, I wouldn't give up on eating a healthy, low-cal diet just yet. This is a preliminary study and has yet to be corroborated — and tea won't erase extra doughnuts and cookies!

Chickies, I am often asked what kind of green tea I recommend, and I like Celestial Seasonings Honey Lemon Ginseng green tea the best. Celestial Seasonings supposedly has the most quality antioxidants of any of the grocery store teas. (Shelf life--from manufacturer to store shelf--has something to do with it.) I like the honey lemon ginseng because I think it lacks that grassy taste that many green teas can have. FYI: Black tea and green tea come from the same plant, just aged for different lengths of time. Do not add milk to green tea because it nullifies the antioxidants. Also, do not buy decaf because the decaf process destroys the antioxidants.

NSM, I hope you fit everything into your day that you wanted to!

LaurenA, good job for getting back OP and for adjusting your schedule to accommodate your workouts! :carrot:

Mystical, good luck with your trainer! Love your dedication! :cp:

Looking, congrats on that 2 lb drop :dancer: and give it your best to drop another 7 by the 27th! Stay OP and get your exercise in! No excuses from here on out, girlie! Don't talk yourself out of doing the things you know you need to do, because its important that you meet this goal!! And we're here to help you in any way we can! :hug:

Lewis, :lol: at the Denise Austin comment! Good for you starting that pilates dvd! (And at a bargain price! Woohoo!) Keep it up and you'll get your flexibility back in no time! :cheer:

Jacqui_D 07-06-2009 07:48 PM

July Weight Loss Challenge List of Participants (so far!)

Weight Loss goals are in this list. Exercise goals are in the sister thread--July Exercise Challenge http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=175369. If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed or edited in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Get back on track OP consistently; lose between 6-7 lbs
Sunflowergirl68: Lose 8-10 lbs; drink more water
NewShinyMe: Keep track of water intake; reach the 160's; stay accountable during the weekends
Jelder227: Lose 8-10 lbs
LaurenA: Lose 5 lbs
Lene1974: Drink 64 oz of water daily; lose 5 lbs
Velveteen: Reach 85 kg or less
Delphi: Reach ONEderland; lose 10 lbs
Jacqui_D: Lose 7-10 lbs
JoyinSF: Lose 6-8 lbs
Crazymamaof4: Lose at least 5 lbs; eat even MORE fruits and veggies; try out a new recipe every week; stay POP at least 85% of the time
Jellybellyjess: Lose 7-10 lbs
Susiemartin: Lose 10 lbs to be under 225 lbs
Nellonello: Lose 8 lbs; maintain a 1000-calorie deficit 5 days a week
Linzluv: Lose 10 lbs
Mystical: Lose 8-10 lbs
Robbynmarie_k: Fit into a size 18; reach 48 in waist measurement; maintain a 1000 calorie deficit; reach 220 lbs
Sugarbaby269: Lose 8-10 lbs
Stephanielllll: Lose 8 lbs; drink recommended amount of water
Gekster: Lose 9 lbs; be more accountable on the weekends
Peachykeen62: Lose 8-10 lbs
Merose: Reach "overweight" on BMI chart; lose 9 lbs to reach 185 lbs
Joyra: Lose 10 lbs to reach 145 lbs; lose 10 inches
CakeBatter: Lose 6 lbs to reach 165 lbs; try to eat "clean"
JazzyPeggy: Lose 10 lbs to reach 273 lbs
Ms_Perception: Lose 5 lbs; take a multi-vitamin at least 85% of the time; lose inches, especially around the waist
Canadianangel: Go gluten-free
VickieLou: Lose 15 lbs
SuzyQ: Lose 5 lbs
Wifey: Lose 10 lbs; drink a LOT of water
Ashley4012: Eat no fast food; lose 10 lbs
Annie96: Lose 8 lbs; drink water every day; do not do mindless munching; measure and prepare food to stay consistent with Fitday journaling
TexSue: Lose 5 lbs; drink 48 oz of water per day
Glutio: Lose 10 lbs
Late_to_the_Game: Lose 7-10 lbs; drink more water
Iamren: Lose 12 lbs
Janis427: Lose 10 lbs
Lookingtobehealthy: Lose 6-8 lbs
JasonsLea: No "pigging out" in Alabama for BFF's wedding
Ruby5839: Lose 5-8 lbs; stay OP at least 5 days a week
Blondie32: Lose 10 lbs
CamiToo: Reach 220 lbs
LewisEmpire: Drink 64 oz of water every day; lose 8 lbs
Tracy: Lose as much weight as possible under 277.6 lbs
SteelersGirlie: Lower number of bad carbs eaten; eat more vegetables; lose 10 lbs
SkinnyJeansInWaiting: Lose 10 lbs
Moralia: Reach the 130s
Candtlove: Lose 10 lbs; drink more fluids
Just_a_dreamy1: No bingeing; drink at least 6 bottles of water a day; fit into size 7's with NO muffin top; eat as healthily as possible
Mommaof2lilmen: Lose 5 lbs; drink more water
Couch: Lose 3.3 kg (7.3 lbs) to reach 96.5 kg (212.3 lbs)
2beautiful2Bfat; Lose 10 lbs to reach 202 lbs
Paisleyprincess: Lose 12 lbs to reach 230 lbs
Mothermavis: Lose 11 lbs to reach 145 lbs
SoulMeetsBody: Drink 10 cups of water a day; try not to "pig out"; lose 4-5 lbs
Tummy_Girl: Lose 10 lbs to reach 189 lbs
Jacque9999: Stay in the 120s
Petunia418: Lose 10 lbs

mystical 07-06-2009 09:39 PM

Thanks you for the info on green tea, I haven't really been a big drinker of green tea but now regular tea is a household drink in my house. I will have to try and get some green tea the next time I go grocery shopping.

It is a the close of day and I am feeling more confident as every day passes with my choices it is a slow go for me but I am making better choices and new improvements with my entire families eating habits. If I don't teach my children the healthy way to eat then they will end up with the same issues I struggle with everyday and I don't want them to go through all the same things as I have gone through.
Have a great day I'll check in later.

Late to the game 07-06-2009 10:33 PM

:carrot:I guess I forgot to post this morning. I am down .4, and did my lower body and abs, then did some cardio for good measure.

I need all of you chicks to hound Sandye ~ she is on vacation and may need little reminders to get her workouts done :):carrot:

Delphi ~ I don't know what to say that hasn't already been said :hug:

glutio 07-06-2009 10:45 PM

OMGOMGOMG!!!!!

I was just going through and rearranging my clothes to sort through what I wanted to get rid of, and I found a stash of pants. Two pairs of work/dress pants and about 5 pairs of jeans! Both work pants FIT (they don't look too great, but they actually FIT) in sizes 22 and 24. One pair of jeans was too big, one fit great, one zips but isn't flattering YET (and they're the super cute ones with stuff on the butt) and two that are still too small but will be great when I lose more! I totally just got an extra pair of jeans by trying to get rid of stuff!!!

I just had to come and share!!

Also, my WW weigh-in, even with eating trash all weekend, not eating lunch until 4p today, not going to the gym and wearing shoes (last week, one lady gave me her pedicure flipflips cause I forgot to put on my lighter shoes) I was down 1.2 pounds!!!!!! I've lost 13.4 since I joined in April, just 2.5 months ago. I'm totally going to hit 5% of my starting weight next week, I KNOW IT!!

lookingtobehealthy 07-06-2009 10:52 PM

WOW that s awesome. Isn't it nice when we actually fit into a new size, and see the rewards of our labor?

Way to go, keep up the great work!
I am sure you will obtain your goal if you keep at it.

ruby5839 07-06-2009 10:53 PM

Delphi - Wow, you've had an eventful weekend. I really hope Canaan is doing better. You're definitely in my thoughts and prayers. Hopefully everything will work out soon. Sending you lots of good vibes and hugs :hug:

I hope everyone had a fun and hopefully OP holiday weekend! Thank you for the bday wishes, it was certainly a memorable birthday :D Definitely drank more than usual, but ate OP (at least on Friday). Was so hung over Saturday, all I could do was lay on the couch, watch tv and eat.

I realized on Sunday the effect greasy foods have on energy levels. Despite getting enough sleep, I was still tired and felt lethargic. Didn't get any exercise in over the weekend and I'm up nearly 2 lbs.

Oh well, I've started fresh today and have been POP. I'm really trying to up my water intake to get rid of the water weight. We'll see what happens.

lene1974 07-07-2009 08:03 AM

Delphi, my prayers are with you! I'll pray that God will help you in making your decisions regarding his treatment.

Glutio, you can most definitely see the difference in your face! You are doing great!!

Hi to everyone else! I had a bad weekend of eating. I was back on track yesterday but needed to get more water in.

Weigh-in is on Friday. Lots to do today. I'll check in later.

Late to the game 07-07-2009 08:18 AM

AAARRRGGHHHH! I'm up .4 today. I have stayed OP since the 1st, did my exercises everyday but Sunday, drank my water. I know .4 isn't much, but still! Could be TOM. I never know since my surgery. I ama little sad/puffy/grumpy ` that must be it.

GLUTIO Way to go!

SANDYE Did you do your lower body last night?

Jacqui_D 07-07-2009 09:49 AM

Good morning ladies!! I hope everyone has a wonderfully OP eating and exercising day!

Yes, Sandye, did you do your lower body workout? C'mon girlie! You need to keep it up! :cheer:

LTTG, Don't give that .4 a second thought. Honestly, your body has normal fluctuations up and down. NOBODY just goes down day after day after day, and EVERYONE has up days. That's just the way it works, but overall, if you stay OP, you will continue to drop weight! :dancer:

Lene, good job getting back on track yesterday! Drink your water! :coffee2:

Ruby, good for you jumping back on track after birthday fun and a rough weekend! Definitely drink your water and stay OP and you'll see that 2 lbs come back off! :yes:

Glutio, congrats on being 1.2 lbs down and fitting into smaller size clothes! :carrot:

Mystical, good for you on making better choices for yourself and your family!! That is wonderful!! You are so right that now is the time to teach them about healthy eating! Too many children have type 2 diabetes and/or obesity now, and teaching your kids about healthier food choices and exercise is just responsible parenting! My children loved chicken nuggets, mac and cheese, hotdogs, etc. (still do for that matter!), so I know how difficult a child's palate can be, but even introducing lots of fruits and veggies into their diets will help them get the proper nutrients and fill them up on things other than junk. Also, my children did not have video games until they were older, never had motorized vehicle toys to ride (amid protests, lol), and did have bikes, basketballs, a swingset with fort, etc., so they were always outside playing, and they were involved in team sports all year round from kindergarten to college, so I lucked out in having active, healthy children (although my son at 19 years old did develop type 1 diabetes, the inherited kind that is not caused by diet). I think it's wonderful that you are planning for your children's healthy futures now! What a good mom! :cp:

Delphi, you are still in my thoughts and prayers! :hug:

FSA, I hope you doing well and TOM hasn't been too hard on you! Miss having you around! :(

Petunia418 07-07-2009 10:06 AM

I know I'm a few days late, but I'd love to join (I definitely need the accountability)!

I've lost 2 lbs. so far this month and would like to lose another 8, bringing me to a total of 10 lbs. in July! (Family camping/canoe trip on 7/31- perfect!)

Jacqui_D 07-07-2009 10:31 AM

:welcome: Petunia! Good to have you! I've added you to the list. I put lose 10 lbs as your goal with the understanding that you've already lost 2 of those lbs! Congrats on that loss!! Great job! :carrot: And good luck on losing the other 8 lbs! You can do it!

mystical 07-07-2009 10:50 AM

Good morning ladies hope all is going well with you today!

Sandye Keep up the exercise I know you can do it :cheer2:

LTTG I know how hard it is to see the weight go up and down but I try not to weigh myself but once a week and that seems to help me with my mindset or at least that is how I play the mind game LOL

Glutio That is awesome! It is always a great boost when you can get into smaller clothes I can't wait until I get there. Hopefully I will be able to keep up the tread like all of you. :bravo:

Jaqui D You should be proud I having taken you tips about keeping a bottle of watter with me and believe it or not I have made it 2 days now with only drinking water :cp: I can't believe it myself but I am actually doing it. I have to say I did sneek a peek at my weight loss but it isn't official until tomorrow so I am going to wait until tomorrow before posting it....

For anyone I missed I hope you are all have a wonderful day and staying on plan. I know you can do it because you have all given me the strength and support to keep up with my plan.

As for today nothing really planned it is cloudy and overcast kind of a lazy day. Doubt I get to relax though. My husband struggles with his weight as well. He has 2 brothers that eat everything in the house and are skinny as a rail and he gains weight just smelling a donut....His family always makes this little remarks how he needs to do something about his belly, his mother always tells him that he didn't get that from her and that he should do something about it because he is getting fat. He tries not to let it get to him but I can tell it does. I am trying to give him the support that you all have given me. I know that with some of the changes that we are making his weight will come down as well. Thanks for all the help and support you guys are awesome... :thanks:

merose 07-07-2009 10:53 AM

Jacqui_D - I'm so with you on the green tea, but i'm a lover of teas in general -peppermint (fresh mint in the summer) is a favourite, but my number one would have to be white tea. I love to buy the little buds and watch them unfold in a glass teacup.
Flower teas as well. I miss where I used to live, all these were so easily gettable! but not where I am now.

well done to everyone who stayed OP over the weekend! I'm glad to be so far away from temptation - I'm not sure how I would have fared.

Under 191 today! Only 5.5lbs to go for my July goal! Becoming no longer obese is my greatest motivation yet. :)

L R K 07-07-2009 10:57 AM

Good Morning All! So My first weigh in of the week and I am up 1 lb but that's ok! I had a couple of naughty weeks so i'll take the 1lb! Hopefully with my new exercise schedule I will actually see a drop witihin the week.

Mystical Goodluck with your new plans!

lookingtobehealthy Well done on the 2lbs drop. I know you can make your next goal!

lewisempire LMAO does burn calories - so keep on laughing! :lol:

Jacqui_D Thanks for the infor on the Green tea - I may just have to start drinking it more often :D

late_to_the_game Congrats on the drop! :cp:

Glutio Yay for the pants! And congrats on the -1.2lbs! :cp:

ruby5839 Good job getting back OP. We all have those weekends were things fall of the wagon!

Petunia418 Welcome and welldone on the -2lbs this month already :cp:

merose you must feel great knowing that it is in your reach!