3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   July Weight Loss Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/175508-july-weight-loss-challenge.html)

Blondie32 07-02-2009 09:52 PM

Good eve Ladies, Just wanted to drop in and say Hello, See ya in the Morning;)

Couch 07-02-2009 09:56 PM

Right everyone, this is your couch speaking. Get up. I'm getting squished. Gekster, I'm looking at you in particular. You promised you would get up and do some yoga. Unless everyone gets moving pronto, I will eat all of your remote controls and hide them under my pillows. This is not an idle threat, you all know how good I am at hiding remotes.

Sorry, couldn't resist:D

I'm going quite well so far. I'm down 0.6kg (1.3lb) since the 1st, and I'm feeling good:) My jeans are falling off, and I've done lots of exercise this week. I am feeling a little tired, as I'm not sleeping that well. It's ridiculous, but I can't get comfy - I have all these new bony corner bits that get in the way. Just call me the Princess and the Pea:lol:

SkinnyJeansInWaiting 07-02-2009 10:26 PM

I'm making myself check in even though I really want to just hide and cry. I'm in that beginning phase where I feel so fat and gross and it's hard to move and I keep thinking back to where I was just less than a year ago and it makes me so disgusted and angry with myself! How did I let myself get back to this? I swore I would never go back to feeling so disgusting, so horrible, and yet here I am.

I am going to visit my family next week and it's hitting me that the last time they saw me I had lost a bunch of the weight and they will be shocked to see I didn't keep it off. I am so ashamed I do not even want to go, which makes me sad and even more disgusted with myself.

I am trying to exercise but I am so worn down, tired, and it feels like my body is this cement statue that can't bend or move and I am just dragging myself along. I know the solution is lots more exercise but I can't remember how long it took last time before the movement felt better or more natural.

Anyway, I am making myself do the exercise anyway, it's jsut so hard to realize I can't do a fraction of what I was doing just a couple months ago! I really just want to shoot myself because I did this to my body AGAIN!

I'm going to take it 10 pounds at a time...by the end of the year I could be back under 200 and that is what keeps me motivated. I don't want to lose all that weight and gain it all back IN THE SAME YEAR! That's insane!

glutio 07-02-2009 10:43 PM

Jacqui, thanks! I just have so much going on right now, I barely remembered to post! It's no wonder I didn't try to claim I gained weight!

mystical, I'm in west Tennessee for the next month or 3 in Memphis.

Gekster 07-02-2009 11:14 PM

Okay guys, just wanted to let you know I did as I said, my BF got home and we did TBL weight loss yoga together. It was nice to have company and I have noticed that I am becoming more able to do the poses and hold them longer! I also created a daily plate account so I can see the percentages and everything. I like it better than just journaling, but this is only day 1.

Delphi and CMo4- thanks for being there for me on the weekend! It will make me be sure to check in which will make me want to stay OP.

Couch- Very cute :) and good job on the losses.

CMo4- YAY on clothes! That is so awesome. My pants are starting to slip down a little and I cannot wait until I can try on the stuff that doesn't fit now.

LTTG- Yay for drinking water and getting in those weights, very important.

paisleyprincess 07-03-2009 12:15 AM

I would like to join in. I weighed 242.0 on July 1st. I would like to lose 12 lbs and weigh 230 lbs by the end of July.

Late to the game 07-03-2009 12:20 AM

SANDYE - Okay, here it is girls. I lost - are ya ready?- .6 lbs! No, I didn't find a bench inexpensive enough. I found one on Craigslist. If it is still available this w/e, I'll contact the seller. Go ahead and eat my Yoplait, you'll love it.

SKINNY - I feel your pain. The past is past. Look forward! If I knew how to add those cute little icons I would give you one. Baby steps! Slow and steady wins the race. Altough if you are inpatient as I am, it is hard to believe that. You will get back in the groove, you've done it before, you can do it again :)

JACQUI - Sunnyside was the only one on sale ( I usually buy only what is on sale) but it is so no Yoplait. I think I will treat myself to the good stuff from now on-no matter what the price!

COUCH- Awesome results!

GEKSTER - So nice your BF is on board. My DH, though supportive, does not want to join me.

DELPHI - Congrats on the B-cup. I always knew I was losing weight when the girls went into hiding ;)

Gekster 07-03-2009 01:10 AM

LTTG- I was talking to the girls a lot about this last month, but my BF says he wants to lose, but doesn't actually do anything, though is mostly supportive of me.. Except for the times he brings home sweets.. Anyway, he came home and I offered to have him join me. I told him I was doing it with or without him because I told the girls I was doing it, so I was committed! He didn't really say anything, but after dinner we watched some tv and after a program was over I changed the channel and got up to start. I looked over and he was doing it, I was shocked! But this may need to happen more often.

ruby5839 07-03-2009 01:49 AM

Mystical - It's nice to see another GTA-er! Aren't you glad we're finally going to have a nice sunny summer-like weekend for a change? :)

Peachykeen62 - I went to California pizza kitchen for the first time ever when I went to Las Vegas in February and it was DELICIOUS! Good for you for not giving in to temptation.

Mommaof2lilmen - Cute name :) Welcome to 3FC and the challenge! This board, and especially this thread, is fantastic.

LewisEmpire - Congrats on the loss!

Delphi - 3:45 am?! 5am?! Wow, you're an early riser! That's like the time I go to sleep nowadays, LOL! You're absolutely right about exercise feeling way better than stuffing your face. And I can see why you get online first thing in the morning. It really is motivating to get on here and get some inspiration/encouragement.

Susie - Your avatar is so cute :) I hope you had a good walk in the rain.

CakeBatter - I don't know much about running races and what kinds of stress you shouldn't put on your body, but have you tried water aerobics or swimming laps? It would be less stressful on your joints and you can adjust your speed to make it a light workout.

Sandye - Congrats on getting down to the 150's!! I don't know about tortillas, but I love this thin flax and oat bran pita that's low carb and low cal at just 60 cal a pita by Joseph's. Not sure where you can buy them, but maybe if you Google it you can get more info. And Size 8's?! That's amazing! What a fantastic feeling that must be!!

Jacqui - Over Halfway there?! Congrats! That's fantastic :D

Candtlove - Congrats on your loss! Hope you make your goal for the week.

MsPerception - Have a great trip! Good luck staying OP.

Dreamy - If the rubbery feeling wasn't from low blood sugar, another possibility could be low potassium levels. I remember feeling really light headed/out of it and tingly all week one time and it turned out my potassium levels were really low.

Gekster - That's awesome that you did the work out vid and yoga! I love the daily plate. It's got most brands on it too so it makes calorie counting more accurate.

Glutio - You can definitely see a difference in your face! More definition of your bone structure, which is always fantastic. Hope your house cleaning is going well.

Merose - Congrats on the 2 lbs! 7 lbs will be easy schmeasy now!

Late to the Game - Great job with the water and exercise! I'm trying to up my water intake too. Let me know if the 64 oz bottle helps you meet your daily intake.

2beautiful2Bfat - Welcome and good luck!

Couch - Looks like it's almost time to buy new jeans! Yay to bony bits!

SkinnyJeans - I know that feeling too well. I was in the same situation last year. What was worse was a few months ago when I had started losing weight again but was stalled at 150, I was at a wedding and one of my parents' acquaintances (an old man who was drunk at the time) told me I should exercise then I would be much prettier. I was so mad and insulted! It also depressed me because at that point I was already exercising a fair amount. But after some venting and sulking, used it as motivation.
I think it's important that you recognized your feelings, because now you can use them as motivation, too.

Paisley Princess - Welcome!

Well, as for me: I did a super quick 15 min guilt-induced strength workout and a 30 min speed walk in while running errands because I was late for an appointment and I missed the bus. I'm going to have to start my goal for being POP for 5 days on Saturday because it was my birthday today and I went out with my parents for Chinese food (yikes! don't want to think about those calories) and I'm going out with my friends tomorrow night. I'm planning on doing a long cardio workout and some more strength training tomorrow to try to counteract the drinking and late night munchies.

Delphi 07-03-2009 05:59 AM

Good Morning you sexy ladies! :wave:

Ruby ~ Happy Belated Birthday dear! Alright, here comes some tough love dear. Alcohol is absolutely the worst thing you can put into your body while dieting. Not only does it slow your metabolism to a crawl, it actually releases a chemical into the body that will store fat. It is empty calories on top of that, just be forewarned, whatever you put into your body will not be metabolized as energy if you are consuming alcohol. I don't know what kind of plan you're on, but look up the kind of drink you usually drink when you are out and just put a calorie intake with it, it may not seem to appealing after that or at least to where one is all you have. Anywho, have fun sweetie.

Gekster
~ You get a big :woohoo: and :congrat: on getting that Yoga in. You get another :carrot: :broc: :carrot: just for it being Yoga. I've tried, Lord knows I've tried to do yoga, and I'm just not flexible enough. Stretching your body shouldn't be that dang difficult. :lol: Good for you darling. You continue to impress me daily and your commitment to this is inspiring.

LTTG
~ Just a suggestion, but have you ever tried Greek Yogurt? I haven't, as I'm not a yogurt eatin' person, but I've read, loads of research and see it mentioned all the time on these forums as well as others. It is supposed to taste like heaven and be the healthiest type of Yogurt on the market. At any rate, :carrot: :carrot: on being down that .6....it's only downward from here girly. :)

Skinny ~ I was there a few months ago :hug: It's difficult to get past that emotional stage, but once you do get that emotion under control, you can then take control of your weight and making those lifestyle changes you need to take the weight off. Do not despair my dear, as fortunately being overweight is REVERSIBLE. You can change it, you just have to be willing to commit to changing it darling and then just do it.

Couch ~ It's funny you mention the bony bits and not being comfortable. I've been feeling actual bones in my body and in odd places and it freaks me out. I feel it and I'm like, What the **** is that? :lol: I do hope your sleeping patterns straighten out soon. Sleep is yet another important part of recovery for our bodies. :)

Sandye ~ You are just full of good news, but first I think you have the pre-TOM symptoms. I think we are on the same schedule and I've been feeling like my energy is being drained from me, not to mention retaining water this morning, so lets hope he comes already, but it will probably be next week sometime. So back to ALL the groovy NSV's for you. :congrat: and three :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:'s for you darling. I'm so happy for you and soooooo PROUD of you. You've really given this all you have and it is paying off big time for you. Your drive and patience never cease to amaze me and I'll have to admit, I dropped a few tears reading your post. I just can imagine how you felt putting on all those clothes and all of them fitting. I know you are so happy and that inturn makes me so happy. Keep up the great work Sandye. I'm so F'in proud of you darling. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Alright, whew, dem der's a lot of posts to read. At any rate, as I mentioned to Sandye, I think this is pre-TOM week and my body is starting to retain already...urg! I'm cool with that, but prepared for it as well..mentally I mean. Some times when we don't see a loss or see a gain and we don't know whats going on, it can be discouraging. However, with keeping a daily log as I do, I've got a good grasp on my fluctuations and what causes them, so I don't blow a gasket when I see I'm up a little. The more data you collect about your body, the more information you have to make sense of what is going on.

I can assure you ladies I am down another pound, this is gonna sound weird, but I can tell by my belly and how I can suck it in. Since I didn't weigh before I started this is how I gaged my weight gain before. This all happens in the bathroom. :lol: When I got to the point where I couldn't squeeze the belly in, I knew it was time to get back in the saddle again. These days, it's almost like a magic trick when I suck that baby in..fat girl, skinny girl, fat girl, skinny girl..:lol:

Hopefully, when I stop retaining the water I'll be down another two pounds, so you ladies wish me luck with my delusional thinking. See yesterday I kind of exceeded my sodium intake by 2000. So I KNEW I'd be all puffy this morning and that I would be up and I was. But you know what, that chicken rice I ate yesterday was SOOOOOOOOO WORTH IT. That stuff was awesome and then I added some sodium filled grilled chicken breast in it and then some pepper...oh my, just heaven and good, good, good! You ladies know I don't cook, so I try to make the best choices when it comes to the food I buy, I don't buy junk, but I do buy processed food. But I'm very wary of every food label. I don't buy anything I haven't examined thoroughly. Unfortunately, the cut up strips of meat I buy to add in salads and with my rice are LOADED with sodium, but what's a girl to do. I have no desire to cook. None, zero, nadda! My grandmother keeps saying I should get one of those George foreman type grills. She says that would be perfect for me. Sorry ladies when I do cook meat, it taste like it should be slapped on a tire. Seriously, it's never, ever good. I do not have a green thumb and I've certainly been cursed with no cooking skills and no desire to cook anyways. But I'm making the best of what I buy and making the healthiest choices.

I'm on a very high carb diet right now, to keep up with my exercise routine and it seems to be working, so the water retention is something I deal with and try to counteract with plenty of water...

Well I think I've run my mouth enough. I've been sitting here since 4:15 and it's now almost five, so I need to get my butt moving. You ladies have an exceptional day ahead and I'll check in later. :) :) :)

Newshinyme 07-03-2009 06:14 AM

Good Morning Everyone!

I thought I'd beat Delphi this morning but no luck ;)

It's 3 AM here and I can't sleep, so I thought I'd come and visit you gals since I've been MIA for a couple of days.
It was a holiday for us on Wednesday and hubby decided to take Thursday off as well, needless to say, he threw my routine out of whack. Fortunately he's going back to work today at least for a few hours which I shall use to exercise properly and take care of myself. No small feat since I am having one of those TOM's that are no fun at all (seem to be happening every other month).
Anyway, I guess I should try and get to bed and get a few hours of sleep before I turn into a zombie. I will come back in a few hours to try and catch up with all the action I missed this past couple of days.

2beautiful2Bfat 07-03-2009 06:31 AM

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. For some reason my scale didn't budge! Any ideas why that happens? Yesterday and today my weight is the same and I started a week ago and every other day I lost something? Is it just because you can only lose so much in a week?

mystical 07-03-2009 07:03 AM

Good morning everyone,

Hope you all have a wonderful day. I am finally getting some energy and not feeling so tired. I am up and cooking a good breakfast this morning. After I get some food in me I will get a few chores completed so I can start my day out with a run **Cardio**Cardio** I do believe it gives me more energy. I am trying to do half in the morning and half in the evening.

Delphi Your are awesome thanks for always being so upbeat. You are such and inspiration to me. Keep up the good work!

I gotta run for now but I will check in later to see how everyone is doing.

SkinnyJeansInWaiting 07-03-2009 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gekster (Post 2810966)
I also created a daily plate account so I can see the percentages and everything. I like it better than just journaling, but this is only day 1.

I am going to check this out, thanks for mentioning it. I have been wanting a way to keep track of calories and percentages and am not liking fitday all that much.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Late to the game (Post 2811016)
SKINNY - I feel your pain. The past is past. Look forward! If I knew how to add those cute little icons I would give you one. Baby steps! Slow and steady wins the race. Altough if you are inpatient as I am, it is hard to believe that. You will get back in the groove, you've done it before, you can do it again :)

Your .6 lb. is better than a gain, right? I say good job! and i know you're right, it will just take time to get into it again and feel good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruby5839 (Post 2811068)
I was at a wedding and one of my parents' acquaintances (an old man who was drunk at the time) told me I should exercise then I would be much prettier. I think it's important that you recognized your feelings, because now you can use them as motivation, too.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Ruby! I hope it was wonderful for you! and OUCH on the wedding experience. I can see where that would motivate you, and you are so right. i have to use this as motivation. I am already starting to turn my thinking around, thanks to you great ladies.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delphi (Post 2811102)
Skinny ~ I was there a few months ago :hug: It's difficult to get past that emotional stage, but once you do get that emotion under control, you can then take control of your weight and making those lifestyle changes you need to take the weight off. Do not despair my dear, as fortunately being overweight is REVERSIBLE. You can change it, you just have to be willing to commit to changing it darling and then just do it.

I can assure you ladies I am down another pound, this is gonna sound weird, but I can tell by my belly and how I can suck it in. Since I didn't weigh before I started this is how I gaged my weight gain before. This all happens in the bathroom. :lol: My grandmother keeps saying I should get one of those George foreman type grills. She says that would be perfect for me. Sorry ladies when I do cook meat, it taste like it should be slapped on a tire.

Okay, I am taking control and turning it around TODAY. You have such a positive, smart outlook, thanks for helping me turn my mind around. On the stomach thing...I do something very similar! I can always tell by my stomach and right now it's not a pretty picture :(

I can't cook either but the george foreman is SO SO great, you really should try one. You just stick it in there and push the top down, then take it out. You can't mess it up really and it comes out perfectly done and is fast....you can get rid of that sodium, girl!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2beautiful2Bfat (Post 2811107)
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. For some reason my scale didn't budge! Any ideas why that happens? Yesterday and today my weight is the same and I started a week ago and every other day I lost something? Is it just because you can only lose so much in a week?

It's not going to go down every day, so if that frustrates you don't weight every day :) sometimes it is even going to go UP for various little complicated reasons only the body knows and you just have to deal with that sometimes. Welcome to the group!

canadianangel 07-03-2009 07:45 AM

Good morning all you wonderful ladies!!

I have to omit i havent been on plan..ive been under alot of stress with my daughter and her health..today she has to go in for 2 bi opsys...and we found out that she has a very high thyroid problem..at the age of 9. I was sitting here last night and realized that i only had a cup of soup to eat the whole day..so i made myself a double protien shake( i was stuffed when i finished it), i took me about a hour to drink it, but i got alteast some calories in.

anyways im off, to take my daughter in for surgery, hope you all have a day full of sunshine!!!

love
ang

Delphi 07-03-2009 08:23 AM

Alright, extended my ST this morning to 75 minutes. As the first 10 minutes is warm up exercises and the last 5 or so are CT, so I figure I'd balance it out more, since I do a stand alone CT today as well. Anywho, my back is freakin' killing me. Darn Maya and those reverse flys and bent over rows...argh! I hope the TV doesn't mind me shouting the occasional obscenity every now and again. :lol: Whew, but I feel groovy, back and muscles hurting and all. ;)

canadianangel ~ Ah hun, big :hug:, I know how difficult it is dealing with a child with extensive medical problems. Let me give you a little advice, you MUST be as positive as possible. Not only that, but you NEED to take care of yourself. Who is gonna take care of your daughter, if you are not healthy. I learned a long time ago, that I couldn't let Canaan's condition, constantly get me down. I'm assuming that your daughter is functioning as a normal child would but with some medical issues...right? If that's the case she will pick up on your feelings and emotions. What she needs right now, is for you to pull it together and be as supportive and positive. And whatever you do, do not lose your hope, for a brighter day. Also, I've spent too much time at the children's hospital, but what always helped me was observing all that was around me. The children there are absolutely inspiring. They are going through so much and can still find joy and happiness in the smallest of things. It's amazing! Take care and keep your chin up. :hug:

Skinny ~ :woohoo: I am thrilled to hear that. You just keep telling yourself you can do it. Because at the end of the day we can. This is not a disease that we are stuck with. You have to want it so bad you can taste it. Can you taste it skinny? Do you REALLY want to commit to it? If you do, then jump on board and we will lose those pounds together. ;)

Mystical ~ Sounds like you have a great day planned and even better you have the energy to do it. Some times we have to fake it to make it, but it works. Lord knows I did last night. I was REALLY depleted, but I did it. Hey thanks for the upbeat comment. I do try. I fortunate enough to have a glass half full perspective on life, these days. I love it but I guess it gets annoying for some. :lol: Oh well, that's life. Some of us like living it and others like complaining about it...you simply have to choose which side of the fence you want to be on. ;)

2b2bfat ~ Welcome aboard again. :) Your body needs time to readjust. Plus if you have added exercise, you could be retaining water. Rest assured, if you are POP, then you ARE losing the fat, even the ol' Darth Scale doesn't translate it. Patience...and your hard work will be rewarded dear. :)

NSM
~ Hahhahaha! I'm always first, though when Jacque was around, she made it here a few times before me. ;) Sorry you were having trouble sleeping and I do hope you laid back down and got some rest.

Ok, well I'm gonna go log my food and exercise and then take care of some cleaning around here. I have loads to do and then tomorrow is my day off and a high calorie day. :woohoo: You ladies take it easy. :wave:

Jacqui_D 07-03-2009 08:41 AM

July Weight Loss Challenge List of Participants (so far!)

Weight Loss goals are in this list. Exercise goals are in the sister thread--July Exercise Challenge http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=175369. If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed or edited in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Get back on track OP consistently; lose between 6-7 lbs
Sunflowergirl68: Lose 8-10 lbs; drink more water
NewShinyMe: Keep track of water intake; reach the 160's; stay accountable during the weekends
Jelder227: Lose 8-10 lbs
LaurenA: Lose 5 lbs
Lene1974: Drink 64 oz of water daily; lose 5 lbs
Velveteen: Reach 85 kg or less
Delphi: Reach ONEderland; lose 10 lbs
Jacqui_D: Lose 7-10 lbs
JoyinSF: Lose 6-8 lbs
Crazymamaof4: Lose at least 5 lbs; eat even MORE fruits and veggies; try out a new recipe every week; stay POP at least 85% of the time
Jellybellyjess: Lose 7-10 lbs
Susiemartin: Lose 10 lbs to be under 225 lbs
Nellonello: Lose 8 lbs; maintain a 1000-calorie deficit 5 days a week
Linzluv: Lose 10 lbs
Mystical: Lose 8-10 lbs
Robbynmarie_k: Fit into a size 18; reach 48 in waist measurement; maintain a 1000 calorie deficit; reach 220 lbs
Sugarbaby269: Lose 8-10 lbs
Stephanielllll: Lose 8 lbs; drink recommended amount of water
Gekster: Lose 9 lbs; be more accountable on the weekends
Peachykeen62: Lose 8-10 lbs
Merose: Reach "overweight" on BMI chart; lose 9 lbs to reach 185 lbs
Joyra: Lose 10 lbs to reach 145 lbs; lose 10 inches
CakeBatter: Lose 6 lbs to reach 165 lbs; try to eat "clean"
JazzyPeggy: Lose 10 lbs to reach 273 lbs
Ms_Perception: Lose 5 lbs; take a multi-vitamin at least 85% of the time; lose inches, especially around the waist
Canadianangel: Go gluten-free
VickieLou: Lose 15 lbs
SuzyQ: Lose 5 lbs
Wifey: Lose 10 lbs; drink a LOT of water
Ashley4012: Eat no fast food; lose 10 lbs
Annie96: Lose 8 lbs; drink water every day; do not do mindless munching; measure and prepare food to stay consistent with Fitday journaling
TexSue: Lose 5 lbs; drink 48 oz of water per day
Glutio: Lose 10 lbs
Late_to_the_Game: Lose 7-10 lbs; drink more water
Iamren: Lose 12 lbs
Janis427: Lose 10 lbs
Lookingtobehealthy: Lose 6-8 lbs
JasonsLea: No "pigging out" in Alabama for BFF's wedding
Ruby5839: Lose 5-8 lbs; stay OP at least 5 days a week
Blondie32: Lose 10 lbs
CamiToo: Reach 220 lbs
LewisEmpire: Drink 64 oz of water every day; lose 8 lbs
Tracy: Lose as much weight as possible under 277.6 lbs
SteelersGirlie: Lower number of bad carbs eaten; eat more vegetables; lose 10 lbs
SkinnyJeansInWaiting: Lose 10 lbs
Moralia: Reach the 130s
Candtlove: Lose 10 lbs; drink more fluids
Just_a_dreamy1: No bingeing; drink at least 6 bottles of water a day; fit into size 7's with NO muffin top; eat as healthily as possible
Mommaof2lilmen: Lose 5 lbs; drink more water
Couch: Lose 3.3 kg (7.3 lbs) to reach 96.5 kg (212.3 lbs)
2beautiful2Bfat; Lose 10 lbs to reach 202 lbs
Paisleyprincess: Lose 12 lbs to reach 230 lbs

Late to the game 07-03-2009 08:42 AM

On my way out the door, but had to share - I'm down .8 today!

mystical 07-03-2009 08:55 AM

canadianangel Good luck with all the testing. You just keep your chin up and take care of yourself so you can be strong for your daughter. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers today. :)

Skinny I use the daily plate and I love it so far. It helps me to keep track of everything even tells me how many calories I have left that I can use for the day. I think you will love it as well.

Delphi WOW I will sure be glad when I can get to where you are with the workouts. I feel like I am about to die just doing 15-30 minutes of cardio. You are my hero :) I have a treadmill and I have "The Biggest Loser" DVD's I also have the WII Fit do you like the Active for the WII is is worth the money?

Ok I am now off for the cardio workout and finishing up on organizing our moving boxes. With two teenage boys I never know where they are putting anything LOL Hope you all have a great day.

glutio 07-03-2009 09:04 AM

I haven't been still long enough to track my calories lately, but since I'm doing WW points, I am tracking those. Access from my phone helps a lot! I do know that I've burned more than 3000 calories the last two days (normal without exercise is 2500, with exercise 2800 to 2900) so that rocks!

I'm sooooooooooooooooooo close to the 260's!! My morning weigh in just now has me at 270.0!!! 269 is the lowest I remember getting to in the last 3 years, although it may have been a few pounds lower. I'm sooo excited!! Plust, 257 is 10% of my starting weight and 250 is my first mini goal! I'm totally on my way there, and you guys have been a MAJOR part in keeping me going!

Now, off to work in the yard before it gets too hot!

Delphi 07-03-2009 09:17 AM

Glutio ~ That's great! You are almost there girly keep it up.

Mystical ~ Believe it or not, I was where you are two months ago. I my first exercise goal was to use my treadmill every other day and I just went head over hills when I hit my first mile and now I'm totally addicted to exercise. So it will come, no worries. It was real tough for me at first to, but I made it and still going strong. ;)

LTTG ~ :carrot: :broc: :carrot: Way to go...your hard work is paying off. Keep it up. :)

Alright, I've exercised, cleaned my room and made the bed, finished the dishes and cleaned up all the toys laying EVERYWHERE, now I'm eating my fiber bar with my water and catching up. I think I'll start on my bathroom next.

Jacqui_D 07-03-2009 09:32 AM

CMof4: :yay:::yay::yay: How fun that you fit into all those clothes!!! :yay: Good for you, girlie! I bet you are looking fantastic!! :yay:

:welcome: Paisleyprincess!! Good to have you! I've added you to the list! Good luck!

Hi Blondie! Hope you got your workout time figured out! :wave:

Couch, so funny! :lol: You really made me stop and think about how I need to get off the couch more though!

Skinnyjeans, good for you checking in, girlie! You NEVER have to hide from us! You know, by sharing our obstacles and challenges, we help others just as much as when we share our successes, because we all go through the rough times at one time or another (if we didn't, we wouldn't have gotten into this shape in the first place). And if we see that others can get through the hard times, we realize that we can too! You are going to be a success story, you hear? And once you reach your goal, your story of weight loss/weight gain/weigh loss is going to help someone else keep from giving up when they are feeling hopeless! Everything happens for a reason and everything happens when it's supposed to, and your day is coming, so you keep at it! You are going to do it for good this time!! :hug:

Glutio, oh I know, dear, lol! Your head must be spinning! :dizzy: But great job on being SO close to those 260s!! :carrot:

Crystal, good for you doing your yoga! :broc: And that's wonderful that your dbf joined you!!! :carrot:

LTTG, CONGRATS on being .6 down!!! :cheer::cheer::cheer: That's your first loss with us! I'm excited! There's lots more of that coming, girlie! :D As for the cute little icons, if you will click on the "post reply" button at the bottom left of the page instead of just typing in the box at the bottom, another box will pop up for you to type in and the icons will appear at the right of the box, ready for you to click on. Click on the "more" link to see all of them! :yes: And I just read, you're down .8?! Woohoo on the panties!! Great job!! :carrot:

Ruby, :bday2you::hb::woo::gift::balloons: Have a safe, fun time with your friends tonight!! :celebrate:

Delphi, CONGRATS on being another lb down!! And I know you are, because you are the QUEEN of losing those lbs consistently! :lol: I know what you mean about using your "tummy gauge" to know when you're down a lb. I can always tell that way too, and it's always accurate! So good job! :carrot:

NSM, I've missed you girlie! I'm sorry TOM is messing with you and keeping you from sleeping well! I hope you feel better soon! :hug:

2beautiful, that is perfectly normal for the scale to stop going down and even to go up every few days. That's just how your body does it. It's almost like when you lose weight, your body holds onto water to make up for it, and then when it releases that water, you see a drop again, and around and around it goes. As long as you are staying OP, just be patient and don't worry about it. It all comes off in the end! :yes:

Mystical, good for you! :carrot: I'm glad you have more energy today and that you made a healthy breakfast and have a productive day planned out! Looking good, girlie!

Ang, I wish you all the best with your daughter's surgery! I will definitely put her and you in my prayers! :hug:

I am holding steady today weight-wise, but tonight will be a challenge because I'm going to a cookout. However, I am taking a tray of veggies, so at least I'll have one healthy thing there to eat! I have no intention of blowing my chances of reaching the 170s this month! :)

Gekster 07-03-2009 10:17 AM

I am a little disheartened this morning. I'm up 1.7 lbs? What? The only thing I can possibly imagine is that the strength training is making me hold on to water, but still. It says I'm over 287 which just makes we want to cry. Oh well, off to do some cardio.

iDream 07-03-2009 10:18 AM

Goooooood morning girls!!!!:flow2:

Blondie
~ Have a great day hun! Don't forget to get your water in and workout today!! :)

Couch~ :lol: I loved reading your post! As often as our remotes go missing around here, I have begun to think that our couches have minds of their own! ;) Congrats on the loss and the new boney bits!! :carrot:

Skinny~ :hug: Oh hun, I sooo know how you're feeling! I think we all do. I had lost and regained the same weight over an over again, I would start out all determined and gung ho and promise myself that THIS time it would work. That THIS time would be different and I wouldn't treat my body poorly. However...each time I slipped up and it seemed like it didn't take much for me to throw in the towel and start the weight gain all over again. You CAN do this, you're strong enough and you have the abililty. Yes, you regained weight that you lost, but don't let yourself focus on that as a failure. Look at is as an opportunity to learn. Figure out what went wrong and do things differently. You are here committing to a healthier lifestyle and that's the first step. Those first steps are the hardest, but take them--it will be so very worth it and you will feel sooo good about yourself! :hug: Hang in there hun, remember, we're here :cheer: you on!!! :)

Glutio~ hope all is going well with the moving prep hun!! :) Congrats on the loss again! You'll be in the 160's soon!!! :carrot:

Gekster~ :carrot: Woo hoo! You are doing great! I gotta tell ya, I've been feeling pretty unmotivated this week and reading about how you've been feeling the same way and how you're toughing it out and doing your workouts anyway--it's been really inspiring! So thank you for that! You should be wicked proud of yourself! And bravo to your bf for working out with you! Think he can call my hubby and get him on board too? ;)

PaisleyPrincess~ :welcome: Glad to have you aboard! :)

Mom~ :carrot: Woo hoo! Another .8 lbs gone for good! Yeah baby! That's awesome! I've heard great things about Greek yogurt too--you should definitely give it a go! Do you have a Trader Joe's in town? I've heard they have awesome yogurt. Hope you can find a weight bench soon, I know it makes the upper body workouts so much easier on the back. ;)

Ruby~ thanks for the pita tip! I've never heard of those, I'll have to see if I can find them. Regarding the Chinese food (YUM!) be sure to drink lots and lots of water today, tons of sodium in that stuff and it can really make you retain water. Happy Belated Birthday too hun! :celebrate: I hope it was a great one! :)

Delphi~ :cry: Awww, you got me all misty! Thanks for the sweet words! *sniff* Man, it's times like this I wish we all lived in the same town--I wanna have a giant :grouphug: right now! Ah yes, we are on the same cycle--Jedis that we are--why does TOM have to torment us with crappy moods and retention? Ugh! For what it's worth, retention or not, I believe that you're down a pound! I KNOW it! I think it's great that you have such a great understanding of how your body works and that you keep going 110% no matter what Darth Scale says--you know what's up! ;) Thank you so much for posting that bit about the alcohol! I haven't been drinking at all since I started this and I was considering having a drink or two while on vacation, but I think I'll just continue to abstain. :) Lastly, talk to me about your high calorie days...I'm curious how that works.

NSM~ Man, up at 3:00am and still couldn't beat Delphi--now how fair is that? ;) Hope you got some more sleep and I'm sorry TOM is being such a jerk to you this month! :mad:

2Beautiful~ there's all sorts of reasons why the scale doesn't budge, water retention, muscle gain, etc. This is why it's important to take your measurements! (yes, ladies, here I go again :D) Taking your measurements will help you to see that even when the scale doesn't budge, your body is still changing. I've had times where the scale doesn't move all week (like last week) but my body is shrinking. Muscle weighs more than fat, remember that! Try not to get discouraged by what the scale says--because it can't tell you, "yeah, you're same weight as yesterday, but that's because you lost a pound of fat and gained a pound of muscle". Hang in there, take your measurements and keep at it! You'll see that scale move again soon! :)

Mystical~ Glad to hear you're getting some energy back! Wanna give some to me? :D Have a great workout and a great day! :)

Ang~ :hug: Aw hun, everything Delphi said was such great advice, I'm not sure I have anything else to add. But, I wanted to say that I'm sorry that your dd is going through medical problems and I hope that everything gets treated and cleared up ASAP! Big giant :hug: to both of you! Hang in there and remember, we're here if you need us! Take care of yourself, get some rest, EAT and keep yourself strong! :)

Jacqui
~ thanks hun! :) You hang in there tonight! Cookouts are so tough! So much good food...Mmmm, but you show that food who's boss! You WILL make the 170's this month--no doubt about it! Hey, I was right about you starting the month off with a loss right? Yeah, I'm right about this too! I KNOW you can do it!! Yeehaw!

Okay, well, one last group comment: I wanted to clarify the "Woo hoo on the panties" comment that you'll be seeing from time to time. Last month I announced to the group that I had to buy new panties because my granny panties were too big, well, in her enthusiasm, NSM (thank you Delphi for the correction--me and my crazy mommy brain!) replied with a 'Woo hoo on the panties' and we all thought that was pretty funny and ever since it's kind of become a catch phrase. So, just in case any of the newbies (including my Mom ;)) was wondering what all that was about...well, now ya know! ;)

Not much going on here today. Up a smidge to 159.6 today and I KNOW it's rentention. When I went to bed I realized I didn't get as much water as I normally do (I left my water bottle outside after I vacuumed the van) and just knew I'd wake up with puffy fingers and a gain. Yup. Sure enough. So, I'm really going to have to be sure to get in all of my water in today!

I have a ton to do today also--clean the house for company tomorrow, pack the boys' & girls' suitcases, finish the laundry, get the dirt out of my driveway (I really, really, really don't want to do it!!!), run to the store tonight and pick up tortillas for my wraps and fish food pellets for the fishies...oh I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can think of at the moment. So, if I'm not on as much today, that's why. :D

You ladies have a fanfreakin'tastic day and be sure to eat well, be good to yourselves and of course...

Drink Your Water!!

:D

iDream 07-03-2009 10:20 AM

Gekster~ Hun, blow it off! You are staying POP right? You are NOT gaining fat! You hear me? You are gaining muscle! Ignore Darth Scale--remember, it isn't the end all be all of your journey! I'm sorry it's being mean to you this morning, but you keep up the GREAT work you're doing and keep looking forward! :)

Delphi 07-03-2009 10:28 AM

Sandye ~ It wasn't me, it was NSM. Me and Jacqui just got a kick out of it. :lol: I still get a kick out of it. Oh and the alcohol, yes it is the biggest NO NO EVER while you are losing weight. Here is a little info:

How is alcohol metabolized?

The nutrients protein, carbohydrates, and fat can be stored in our bodies, but alcohol cannot. For this reason, it takes priority over everything else in order to be metabolized; doing so means that all of the other processes that should be taking place are being interrupted. Other nutrients need to be broken up prior to being absorbed, whereas alcohol is absorbed as is.
The enzyme alcohol dehydrogenase begins some of the metabolism of alcohol in the stomach. Women have less of this enzyme, so alcohol passes through their stomachs and into their bloodstream quicker than in men. Once alcohol is absorbed, it spreads rapidly into the body water spaces, so the smaller size and higher body fat content of women increase its levels. Women metabolize about 10% of the alcohol ingested, while men metabolize about 30%.
The liver is the primary site for alcohol metabolism. Alcohol is detoxified and removed from the blood through a process called oxidation. Oxidation prevents the alcohol from accumulating and destroying cells and organs. A healthy liver oxidizes pure ethanol at the rate of about ¼ to ⅓ of an ounce per hour, which is less than 1 ounce of hard liquor. A small percent of the alcohol is excreted through the lungs and urine, which can be detected in breathalyzers. While being metabolized, alcohol is distributed throughout the body, affecting the brain and other tissues. Within minutes of being ingested, alcohol reaches the brain and initially gives the temporary impression of being a stimulant. Alcohol goes on to act as a depressant and a sedative, producing a sense of calm. It will also act as an anesthetic and hypnotic.
When you drink alcohol, your blood alcohol concentration (BAC) will rise rapidly. Within five minutes of having a drink, there's enough alcohol in your blood to measure. The BAC is determined by how quickly alcohol is absorbed, distributed, metabolized, and excreted. The following factors can influence the BAC:
  • gender,
  • race,
  • food consumed,
  • chronic alcohol consumption,
  • drinking pattern, and
  • medications.
The consumption of one standard drink will result in a peak in BAC within 35 to 45 minutes. A 150-pound person with normal liver function metabolizes about 7 to 14 grams of alcohol per hour, which is approximately 100 to 200 mg/kg of body weight per hour. This is comparable to 8 to 12 ounces of beer or half of an alcoholic drink. Controlling the rate of consumption will give your liver time to metabolize the alcohol and limit your BAC. Once you stop drinking, your blood alcohol level decreases by about 0.01% per hour. You are legally intoxicated with a blood alcohol concentration of 0.8. Time is the only way to eliminate alcohol from your system, so cold showers and coffee will not sober you up. Trying to get someone who is drunk to feel and appear more alert can cause a false sense of sobriety and result in many problems.

Gekster ~ It is the ST hun, no worries. I'd keep a daily log and give it a month so you can monitor your fluctuations, and why they fluctuates, that way you don't get discouraged when your up a pound. I'm ALWAYS up a pound after my ST days...always.

Jacqui ~ Good luck at the cook out. But you know, I have faith that you will make all the right decisions kiddo. ;)

Delphi 07-03-2009 10:40 AM

Oh and Sandye I always incorporate high calorie days on my days off, because it's my day off, which I have moved to Saturdays this month. I am on a 1200 calorie intake, most of the time, and that's just because I am so Sedentary, but my high calorie days I get 1400 to 1600 calories. Now, I don't have but a very low deficit for the day, but it's good for my metabolism and my sanity. It's the way to trick myself into thinking I'm having a lazy day eating what I want and still be POP. It works for me though. Some days though I naturally have a high calorie day. The more energy I need, I eat period. On my really active days, I need it. I'm not gonna starve myself, I don't care if I've hit my intake for the day, if my body, not my mind is telling me it needs fuel, I give it what it needs. ;)

Jacqui_D 07-03-2009 11:00 AM

Yep, Sandye's got part of it right, but Delphi's right too! "Woohoo on the Panties!" was created by NSM! Sandye's new panties were the source, NSM was the creator of the phrase, I first pointed out how hilarious it was, Delphi deemed it an official thread catchphrase, and Lewis, FSA, and many of us immediately started using it! It means extremely "Woohoo!" or "Yay!" :D

Jacqui_D 07-03-2009 11:09 AM

July Weight Loss Challenge List of Participants (so far!)

Weight Loss goals are in this list. Exercise goals are in the sister thread--July Exercise Challenge http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=175369. If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed or edited in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Get back on track OP consistently; lose between 6-7 lbs
Sunflowergirl68: Lose 8-10 lbs; drink more water
NewShinyMe: Keep track of water intake; reach the 160's; stay accountable during the weekends
Jelder227: Lose 8-10 lbs
LaurenA: Lose 5 lbs
Lene1974: Drink 64 oz of water daily; lose 5 lbs
Velveteen: Reach 85 kg or less
Delphi: Reach ONEderland; lose 10 lbs
Jacqui_D: Lose 7-10 lbs
JoyinSF: Lose 6-8 lbs
Crazymamaof4: Lose at least 5 lbs; eat even MORE fruits and veggies; try out a new recipe every week; stay POP at least 85% of the time
Jellybellyjess: Lose 7-10 lbs
Susiemartin: Lose 10 lbs to be under 225 lbs
Nellonello: Lose 8 lbs; maintain a 1000-calorie deficit 5 days a week
Linzluv: Lose 10 lbs
Mystical: Lose 8-10 lbs
Robbynmarie_k: Fit into a size 18; reach 48 in waist measurement; maintain a 1000 calorie deficit; reach 220 lbs
Sugarbaby269: Lose 8-10 lbs
Stephanielllll: Lose 8 lbs; drink recommended amount of water
Gekster: Lose 9 lbs; be more accountable on the weekends
Peachykeen62: Lose 8-10 lbs
Merose: Reach "overweight" on BMI chart; lose 9 lbs to reach 185 lbs
Joyra: Lose 10 lbs to reach 145 lbs; lose 10 inches
CakeBatter: Lose 6 lbs to reach 165 lbs; try to eat "clean"
JazzyPeggy: Lose 10 lbs to reach 273 lbs
Ms_Perception: Lose 5 lbs; take a multi-vitamin at least 85% of the time; lose inches, especially around the waist
Canadianangel: Go gluten-free
VickieLou: Lose 15 lbs
SuzyQ: Lose 5 lbs
Wifey: Lose 10 lbs; drink a LOT of water
Ashley4012: Eat no fast food; lose 10 lbs
Annie96: Lose 8 lbs; drink water every day; do not do mindless munching; measure and prepare food to stay consistent with Fitday journaling
TexSue: Lose 5 lbs; drink 48 oz of water per day
Glutio: Lose 10 lbs
Late_to_the_Game: Lose 7-10 lbs; drink more water
Iamren: Lose 12 lbs
Janis427: Lose 10 lbs
Lookingtobehealthy: Lose 6-8 lbs
JasonsLea: No "pigging out" in Alabama for BFF's wedding
Ruby5839: Lose 5-8 lbs; stay OP at least 5 days a week
Blondie32: Lose 10 lbs
CamiToo: Reach 220 lbs
LewisEmpire: Drink 64 oz of water every day; lose 8 lbs
Tracy: Lose as much weight as possible under 277.6 lbs
SteelersGirlie: Lower number of bad carbs eaten; eat more vegetables; lose 10 lbs
SkinnyJeansInWaiting: Lose 10 lbs
Moralia: Reach the 130s
Candtlove: Lose 10 lbs; drink more fluids
Just_a_dreamy1: No bingeing; drink at least 6 bottles of water a day; fit into size 7's with NO muffin top; eat as healthily as possible
Mommaof2lilmen: Lose 5 lbs; drink more water
Couch: Lose 3.3 kg (7.3 lbs) to reach 96.5 kg (212.3 lbs)
2beautiful2Bfat; Lose 10 lbs to reach 202 lbs
Paisleyprincess: Lose 12 lbs to reach 230 lbs
Mothermavis: Lose 11 lbs to reach 145 lbs
SoulMeetsBody: Drink 10 cups of water a day; try not to "pig out"; lose 4-5 lbs

glutio 07-03-2009 11:09 AM

Gekster, when I was working out every day with the treadmill and strength training, I was stuck at the same weight for over a week! Life caused things to change a bit, and I haven't been able to get to the gym in two weeks which means no strength training. In just the first week after I didn't have time, I was down 5 pounds! I'm not telling you to quit, just that working those muscles does cause water retention which is why they say to work different groups of muscles every day to give the others a break and to take a day off every week from training. Know, though, that you're improving your body even if the scale isn't showing.

I also want everyone to know that if you aren't taking measurements or pictures of yourself, you're cheating yourself out of a GREAT feeling! It may feel awful to be photographed or know that your waist measurement is bigger than your man's, but when you see those numbers change, you will feel this AMAZING high to keep pushing yourself. Plus, when you get all skinny, you'll be able to see how far you've come. I've seen so many people regret not having a "fat" picture when they make goal because they were just so camera shy. It doesn't mean you have to show it off now, but you will want to when you get to show the before and after!!

It is HOT today and it's only 10a! I've been outside since 8a. I've seeded the bare spots of the yard, started watering the seed, tried to wash off part of the concrete, and removed a TON of rocks around this stupid area around my A/C unit. I'd tried to use the rocks to kill the grass before, but I'd never put anything under them. Now, I'm going to put newspaper and black plastic under some 12x12 stepping stones. It'll be kind of paved then, and I think it'll be a great spot for the trash can!

My grandmother should be coming over soon, and hopefully we're going to go plan hunting for the front flower beds. Things are coming along!!!! I just need 5 more people connected to my brain, and I'll be done in no time! Pics eventually, especially when I finish my special hidden litterbox project!!

SkinnyJeansInWaiting 07-03-2009 11:10 AM

I just got back from walking at the track for a half hour. It was the first time actually leaving the house for exercise in several months and it felt soooo good. I was surprised my legs didn't feel as stiff, I had more energy, and I was actually happy to be there! I have been dragging and forcing it inside the house, so maybe getting out in the sunshine is key for me right now.

Delphi...want to come clean my house? :lol: it really could use you.

CanadianAngel...so sorry to hear about your little girl :hug:

Everyone I want to thank you for your support. I am feeling better this morning thanks to you gals turning my thinking around. I have to just recommit and get going again, and let my memories of how good I felt not long ago motivate me, rather than destroy the new efforts.

Okay, off to get some work done now.

Gekster 07-03-2009 11:34 AM

I just got done with my workout and although sore, I am mentally feeling really good. My BF was up watching cartoons (He is 26.. and obsessed) so I got up, sat out with him for 10 min while I checked in here and then put my dvd into my laptop, cleared the living room and started. He just watched for awhile, trying to talk to me, saying he was hungry. I told him half jokingly, half serious that he was distracting and he grabbed his laptop and went back to the bedroom, leaving me to workout. This was the first time I have worked out with him home where we did not do it together and it feels kind of liberating in a way to say to myself that I am putting myself first.

CMo4- Glad I can be of help :) I started off this journey having bad days and would not do anything because of it and that would just lead to a binge of depression and self loathing that obviously didn't do myself any good. I have definitely learned to listen to my body and see if it is me not wanting to work out because I am depressed or lazy, or if I am genuinely sick and need a day off. When it is the former I get my butt up and power through it, whether I like it or not and I may even make myself do another workout because I didn't want to do it in the first place. I think these boards have helped me to realize a lot about myself, especially that I CAN do this. Okay, sorry, went off rambling. One last thing though, how dare the queen of 'Drink your water' not get enough water! :nono: Drink woman, drink! I always have my nalgene in arms reach and when I leave a room, even if for just a second I take it with me because I am forgetful and will have to hunt the house for it. I love my nalgene

Delphi- I think it is ST, but I drank like a gallon and a half of water yesterday so it seems that I shouldn't be retaining. Thank you for the encouragement and reassurance. Hopefully I will see a drop tomorrow. And about the yoga, it is The Biggest Loser Weight Loss yoga, so it is like yoga, but you are working muscles and oh my goodness my shoulders are always killing me afterward. I cannot do normal yoga, I don't have the balance for it, but this is more like intense stretching haha. I like it and am seeing more flexibility, I had none to begin with, but yeah, 287 lbs and I can touch my toes!!

Skinny- Glad you are feeling better and yay for working out outside. It is too freaking hot for that here, so I am envious!

Glutio- Thanks, I was doing ST before, but it was just kinda okay, I have a weight lets do this and that, but now I am using a video that gets just about everything in one day and I just alternate it with cardio. I am going to start pictures and measuring this week I think. I want those before and after photos! lol

Jacqui- Good luck at the cookout tonight. Hope you have a blast and stay OP! You will definitely make the 170s.

Delphi 07-03-2009 12:21 PM

Gekster ~ Man alive have you come a long way in such a short period of time. It is empowering and good for you for putting yourself first. It's not selfish in the slightest. You do yourself an even greater injustice by not doing it, after all that is how a lot of us, got to be in a position where we are over weight. Virtual high fives kiddo. Your post to Sandye said it all...and the moment you do feel discouraged, if I were you, I'd look that post up and reread it. ;) Your inspirational girl. I think one of the great things about this site, but these threads in particular is that, there is this intoxicating affect it can have on you. Success is infectious, as is positivity. I watch it in these threads and I am simply amazed. I LOVE watching everyones progress. I think, at times, I am more pleased with the progress of you gal's than I am with my own. It really is what keeps me pushing myself and telling myself, if you gal's can do it, so the **** can I. ;)

Skinny ~ Hey you :wave: way to go on getting that walk in. I think your right. I have cabin fever a lot here, and rightly so. So I went about two weeks where I had to go outside to walk, even though I was walking laps around my driveway or the house, it was just something different. It is really healthy for your body and mind to switch up routine a bit. And sure, I could use some extra calorie burning activities for the day by an extra house to clean. ;)

Glutio ~ Well lady can I just say, I am loving your attitude, you are another one that has made great strides and such a short period of time. Just know I'm super proud of you girlfriend and yes you are totally right about the pictures..hehe, I look at mine everyday. They keep me so motivated. :)

Alright, so the boys and I went outside for a bit and I found some more limbs to trim and hauled them out to the road and played a little b-ball with Cam and now I am back inside sitting on my rump doing some editing. But the day is going well thus far. Gonna get my butt up in a few to squeeze that EA Active and CT in..so you ladies take care. xxxx

Newshinyme 07-03-2009 12:32 PM

Ok, I am up again and feeling a little bit more refreshed. I still will need lots of coffee today :coffee:

Where are my manners? :welcome: to all the new people. Glad you found us!

2b2bf
: Don't worry, not everyone loses weight everyday. I actually go up and down during the week (when I remember to check), but the downward trend is still there and you'll end up lower than where you started.

mystical: You go girl!

skinnyjeans: Delphi is great isn't she? Like she said, you can turn this around. I am so glad to hear you gathered the strength to go exercise. It will get better and better too!

Ang: :hug: Take care of yourself hun, I hope your daughter gets better soon.

Delphi: I just couldn't resist to see if I could beat you :lol:. One of these days I am just going to stay up really really late and come post then hehe. Thanks for the info on alcohol. I had been doing really well at staying away from alcohol until last night. I usually don't even feel like drinking alcohol, I don't know what got over me last night :dizzy:

LTTG: Welcome and congrats on the drop! (And thanks for giving us such a great daughter)

Glutio: Great news girl, You are rocking it! And you are right about the great feeling with the tape measure.

Jacqui:Aw thanks :) :dust: for the cookout.

Gekster: :hug: It's probably just water, there is no way you ate 5000 calories over your budget, but ST does that to you, it will be gone before you know it.

CMo4: I know I'm late with the congratulations but...Woohoo on the panties :woohoo: on getting to the 150's I am so proud of you.

Ok girlies, gotta drink more coffee and water and then exercise. I am a couple of days behind with starting the 30 day challenge!

mothermavis 07-03-2009 12:32 PM

I like this idea. I just graduated my youngest son from HS last week and can now focus on my goals again.

July 1st, I was at 156.2 (was in the mid 140's in April, so am not pleased with that) I am going to shoot for 11 pounds in July, want to be at 145 to start the August challenge!

SoulMeetsBody 07-03-2009 12:53 PM

Hi guys! I'm Christina and I'm glad I found this forum :)
My goal for July:
1.) Drink 10 cups of water a day. I work at a summer camp and I often forget to drink water because I'm so busy.
2.) Try not to pig out. Holidays + Having all this freetime + Friends....
All together, I want to lose 4-5 pounds. I have EIGHT more pounds to go until I reach my goal, and I want to lose it by the time school starts again...so I figure 4 in July, 4 in August.

FullSteamAhead 07-03-2009 01:05 PM

Good afternoon girlsssssssssss : )

Welcome aboard to those of you who joined us :welcome3: Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Chicks, I didn't come in yesterday....TOM came and got a good grip on me. I missed my workout and I am going to make this a quickie post because the cramps are kicking in and I need to go do that workout and hopefully give TOM a good kick so it doesnt get me so bad.

Happy weekend girls. I will catch up with you all soon. Happy July 4th to those ofyou celebrating. I have no particular plans for tomorrow (good thing) but we may be going on a day trip latter part of the weekend.

Those of you who are interested in calorie coutns, calorieking.com is a great resource. You can look up all alchohol cals and content as well. It lists cals, sugars, carbs, etc. Okay, I better get a run on........chatmore soon.

Happy new day girls..........let's keep on truckin' :dust: for us all through the weekend.

iDream 07-03-2009 02:59 PM

Hello again ladies! It's break time for me so I'm here checkin' in! :)

Delphi
~ thanks for all the info! And thanks for correcting me, I fixed it! :) In regards to the high calorie days--I've only had one and I'm sure it was grossly over 2000 (the carrot cake day--Mmmm!). I usually get in between 1200-1250 daily and I'm still not entirely sure that's enough, but I'm feeling great and I'm still losing so I'm guessing it's sufficient??? Either way, thanks for the info on that too! :)

Jacqui~ thanks for clarifying too! :) Honestly I should never try to recount things that happened more than 48 hours prior--my memory is shot! :lol: Psst...have you eaten all your meals and snacks so far today? :)

Glutio~ you are so right! Not having before pics and measurements is a crime! :lol: Everyone really must do it, even if they don't want to--for some it's a giant wake up call! I know for me it was. My friend made me take measurements and I was embarrassed and ashamed, but rather than dwell on it, I viewed it as a starting point--and I focused on eating right and exercising so that the next time I took my measurements I would see a positive change! :) Sounds like you're just pluggin' along with the house! I look forward to seeing pics!

Skinny~ WTG girlie!! :carrot: So glad you're feeling better today! I'm very proud of you for getting that workout in!!! :)

Gekster~ putting yourself first is key!! I'm glad you did that! Once I decided to workout, nothing stopped me. Hubby used to huff and puff if it interferred with stuff he wanted to do, but he's long since stopped. I keep trying to get him to join me and he still hasn't. No matter, I'm happy that I'm doing it and he'll come around eventually, even if I have to *ahem* talk him into it :rollpin: Now, I wanted to clarify my water situation yesterday...I got in my required 64oz, however, I never finished my 2nd 64oz--so while I technically got enough water, it really wasn't the amount I typically consume. But, I'll take your scolding and let it fuel my quest for water today! :D As soon as I finish this post I'll be filling up my bottle again and I WILL finish it all!!!!

NSM~ glad to see you're up and around! ;) Have a cup or two for me will ya? Man, sometimes I wonder what on earth I'm doing cutting out my 2nd cup o' Joe!! Thanks for the congrats! :)

Mothermavis~ :welcome: You've found the best bunch of chickies around! Make yourself at home! :)

Soul~ :welcome: as well! Yes, do be sure to drink your water! Being outside in the heat will suck it straight out of you! :)

FSA~ Man, stupid, stupid TOM!!! I hope you kick his arse!! ;) Glad to see ya girlie! Have a great weekend if we don't see you around!

Well girls, as I mentioned, I'm taking a break. Got most of the house cleaned and went out and hauled 6 or 7 wheel barrows full of dirt today. I'm leaving the rest for hubby--I'm done! I've got half my water in for the day and am about to refill the 'ol bottle and head upstairs to start packing suitcases for our trip.

We have a cookout planned tomorrow with my ils and then we're heading to my neighbor's house where there'll be TONS of food and yummy treats. I plan on ignoring them all and just hang out until the fireworks are over and then head straight home. We will be leaving insanely early (to get as many miles in as we can while the kids *hopefully* sleep) so I'm going to try not to be up too late. Wish me luck!

Okay ladies, off to get my snack, refill the bottle and pack--or wait, I have laundry to fold too...well, either way, I'm off to do something! :lol: Hope everyone is having a wonderful day and that you're drinking your water!! :D

I'll catch y'all later!

Jacqui_D 07-03-2009 03:08 PM

:welcome: Mothermavis!! Congrats on your son's graduation! And good for you concentrating on yourself now! I've added you to the list! Good to have you and good luck!

:welcome: Christina! We're glad you found us too! I've added you to the list! Good luck!

FSA, I'm sorry TOM is giving you trouble today. I do hope you are able to get your workout in like you want and I hope you feel better soon! :hug:

Crystal, now I really like that--you putting yourself first!! Good for you!! :cp:

Delphi, yay on having a good day! :) And where did you get that info on the alcohol? Thank you for sharing that! I drink rarely anyway, but that makes me definitely want to refrain while I am trying to lose weight!

SkinnyJeans, I'm so glad you're feeling better! :yes:

Glutio, you are so right! We all really should be taking measurements and pics. I usually take the measurements. I haven't gotten brave enough to take the pics! :fr:

NSM, definitely drink your water!! :D

Thank you girls for the words of encouragement and :dust: for tonight's cookout! I purposely ate a late lunch today, a huge salad--honestly I ate it out of a serving bowl!--and I have my veggie tray all ready to go! And I just found out my son and his girlfriend and my daughter and her boyfriend will be joining us! :yay: I am such a family person and that just makes my day! :carrot:

Lewisempire 07-03-2009 03:09 PM

HI Girls! I have already finished my 8 glasses of water today, so from here on is bonus, I might shoot for 12 total today.....:D

FSA- sorry to hear TOM has ya, I am fighting his evil powers myself. GO and get that workout in, it helps. Have fun if you do get out this weekend, I am kinda stuck around the house this weekend, because I am on call, and not very happy about that. Oh well, I guess someone has got to do it......... I am just praying the weekend goes by fast.

WELCOME:wave: to all the new joiners! We are glad to have you here!

Delphi- sounds like you had some fun, in this nice weather!

Gekster- YAY for you on the workouts, the best part of retaining water is when it goes away, and take the pounds with it! Plus, you will be feeling all the toning you doing! Keep at it girl!

Skinnyjeans, If I have learned one thing about being down in the dumps, it is the girls on this forum are instrumental on helping get you through. Just mention you are not feeling up to par, or discouraged, and you find so many people ready to help pull you back up on the wagon! No judgement, just other women who have been there, done that! So glad to hear you are doing better, keep up the good work. :D

Glutio- I see a BIG diff in your face pics! YAY!!!!! Have fun playing in those flowers!

OK, I am off to do some housework!!!!!!!!