3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   July Weight Loss Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/175508-july-weight-loss-challenge.html)

Jacqui_D 06-30-2009 09:40 AM

:welcome: JazzyPeggy!! Good to have you! Good luck!!

Jacqui_D 06-30-2009 09:48 AM

July Weight Loss Challenge List of Participants (so far!)

Weight Loss goals are in this list. Exercise goals are in the sister thread--July Exercise Challenge http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=175369. If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed or edited in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Get back on track OP consistently; lose between 6-7 lbs
Sunflowergirl68: Lose 8-10 lbs; drink more water
NewShinyMe: Keep track of water intake; reach the 160's; stay accountable during the weekends
Jelder227: Lose 8-10 lbs
LaurenA: Lose 5 lbs
Lene1974: Drink 64 oz of water daily; lose 5 lbs
Velveteen: Reach 85 kg or less
Delphi: Reach ONEderland; lose 10 lbs
Jacqui_D: Lose 7-10 lbs
JoyinSF: Lose 6-8 lbs
Crazymamaof4: Lose at least 5 lbs; eat even MORE fruits and veggies; try out a new recipe every week; stay POP at least 85% of the time
Jellybellyjess: Lose 7-10 lbs
Susiemartin: Lose 10 lbs to be under 225 lbs
Nellonello: Lose 8 lbs; maintain a 1000-calorie deficit 5 days a week
Linzluv: Lose 15 lbs
Mystical: Lose 8-10 lbs
Robbynmarie_k: Fit into a size 18; reach 48 in waist measurement; maintain a 1000 calorie deficit; reach 220 lbs
Sugarbaby269: Lose 8-10 lbs
Stephanielllll: Lose 8 lbs; drink recommended amount of water
Gekster: Lose 9 lbs; be more accountable on the weekends
Peachykeen62: Lose 8-10 lbs
Merose: Reach "overweight" on BMI chart; lose 9 lbs to reach 185 lbs
Joyra: Lose 10 lbs to reach 145 lbs; lose 10 inches
CakeBatter: Lose 6 pounds to reach 165 lbs; try to eat "clean"
JazzyPeggy: Lose 10 lbs to reach 273 lbs
Ms_Perception: Lose 5 pounds; take a multi-vitamin at least 85% of the time; lose inches, especially around the waist
Canadianangel: Go gluten-free
VickieLou: Lose 15 lbs

Ms Perception 06-30-2009 10:37 AM

My, my...look at all these wonderful women ready to get a jump on July!! I am totally in. Deciding on my goals have been a challenge by themselves!
Here they are:
1. Lose 5 pounds
2. Take multi-vitamin 85% of the time or better
3. Lose inches, on my waist especially

It's funny. I was going to set much more modest goals since we are traveling quite a bit and it's my birthday month which means lots of opportunities to be naughty. So, I said to my DH, "Maybe I should shoot for just a couple pounds down." He asked what I normally set for a goal, then he's like, "You can still lose your normal amount." He's actually trying to lose too now, so it's not like it's just me trying by myself. Though we all know men handle it MUCH differently. I thought it was funny that he was encouraging me to go for more than what I thought I could do. Now I'm thinking...why not at least TRY!? He set me straight. I should celebrate my b-day by getting healthy, not overeating/making bad food choices.

mystical 06-30-2009 11:19 AM

Hello everyone I am so excited and pumped up for this month I just know this is going to be a good starting point for me with all of you supporting and helping me. I started the daily plate so I am now counting everything I am eating and it is making a difference. Thanks for all the great words of support . Good luck everyone. :)

Jacqui_D 06-30-2009 11:29 AM

Mystical, it IS exciting to get a new start! I feel that every time we start a new month! And the ladies on these two threads are the best!! The more involved you become (and we want you to become involved!), the more motivated and committed you'll feel! It's such a wonderful feeling knowing you are not alone and that others here understand what you are going through, have your same struggles, and are fighting the same battle! Everyone here is genuinely happy when someone else succeeds and it's so great!! You ARE going to be able to do this and we will help you! :hug:

Delphi 06-30-2009 11:29 AM

MsP ~ That is awesome about the hubby. I'm sure that makes it loads easier for you. Kind of like a weight loss buddy w/benefits..eh? :lol: Good for you sweetie.

Mystical ~ That's great hun! You are well on your way. Making those initial steps are sometimes the hardest, but once you make this routine...it's sky's the limit from here on out. ;) And I totally agree with everything Jacqui said.

canadianangel 06-30-2009 11:37 AM

good morning all you sexy ladies!

my goal this month is going to be diffrent. my 2 children have celiac and i am a carrier, well yesterday, i found out a few other problems with my daughter, and i made her a deal..for 1 month since im really not suppose to have glutens, but have been having them, that this month i wont have any. as per the doctor yesterday. its going to be hard, but i will do it.

ang

Jacqui_D 06-30-2009 11:39 AM

Ms_P, give that man a hug!! :hug: I'm so glad you are going for it! It fits your new ""can do" attitude and that's exciting!! You are about to be in the 150s!! :carrot:

VickieLou 06-30-2009 11:42 AM

My Goal is to lose 15 LBS. I have been off plan for over a month. So I might be able to lose 15 LBS. in a month.

Jacqui_D 06-30-2009 11:42 AM

Ang, that goal is not only valuable to your daughter, but I bet you are going to see a big difference in how much better you feel!! That's a wonderful goal and you can do it!! :carrot:

Jacqui_D 06-30-2009 11:47 AM

VickieLou, welcome back!! :welcome: I've added you to the list! Good luck!!

SuzyQ 06-30-2009 11:52 AM

Hi All :)

I am in it again :carrot: I'm going to stick to my original 5 lb goal for this month. I did manage to lose 3 lbs in June, which I am very happy :D.

Gekster - I am with you. The weekends are my down fall too. I believe my issue is not having a routine on the weekend. I know monday - friday I do this and this at this time and so on but when saturday comes I am like :dancer: and I kick off my shoes off and relax. This is one of my goals I would like to accomplish :)

:welcome3: to all the new chicas :D

:congrat: to all of the big losers :D

Suzy

Ms Perception 06-30-2009 12:28 PM

Jacqui and Delphi-Thanks! I've got me a great man, but it sure helps to finally have him "on board" with weight loss. It'll be more of a team effort. It'll also help once we nolonger live with my in-laws because even though I do the cooking, MIL brings home chocolate donuts or nutty bars and sets them on the couter for the kids. It is NOT easy to just have them sitting there half the time. I don't cave, but DH does sometimes. I could do without the temptation, though!

Newshinyme 06-30-2009 12:51 PM

I want in on that 64 oz of vodka challenge that Lene is on! Where do I sign up?

:welcome: to all our new ladies!

Cake! it's good to see you back girl :D

Ms. P.: You have a great man there chickie, when are you moving into your own place?

Gekster: It's you and me against the weekend baby. Let's kick some butt.

Going to the MIL's house to eat tomorrow, but I think I will just bring my own food, I can't start the month on the wrong foot and I don't like her cooking that much anyway :lol:

Ms Perception 06-30-2009 01:03 PM

NSM-The deal is...DH got a job about 5 hours from where we lived. He moved in with his parents (who live about 1/2 hour from his new work) until we sold the house. Well, the house STILL isn't sold and this was almost a year ago. So, DH asked me to bring the kids and move in here with him and the ILs since he was really missing us when we were still living in our old house and he was here. We moved in here about 2.5 months ago. We're planning to rent a place in the fall (Sept) until our house sells and we can build since we don't want to stay here and keep being free-loaders. We have land just waiting for a house to be built on it! Long story...hope you're not sorry you asked!