3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   July Weight Loss Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/175508-july-weight-loss-challenge.html)

merose 06-30-2009 05:34 AM

I'd like to join in for July!
I would LOVE to be overweight by the end of the month! :)
+ down 9 pounds to 185.
+ 30mins moderate excersise, 4 times per week.

Delphi 06-30-2009 05:42 AM

Good Morning Ladies! :wave:

Just stopping by to see if everyone is as pumped up as I am about starting a new month, with new goals and a clean slate. I would like to welcome all the new gals and welcome back all the regulars.

joyra 06-30-2009 07:41 AM

Hi everyone!

I'd like to join in too. I've been upping my fitness and lowering my calories so I hope for a big payout this month!

My goals:
Lose 10 lbs (today: 154.9; wt by 7/31: 145)
Lose 10 inches
1000 min of exercise

CakeBatter 06-30-2009 08:28 AM

HI FSA, Jacqui, msperception, lewisempire, lene and everyone else I have forgotten. I am back for sure. My internet is up and work has slowed down. I am so happy to be back

My Goals:

Lose 6 pounds (165)
Run 8K
Try and eat "clean" ( this is a true task for me)

Jacqui_D 06-30-2009 09:13 AM

:welcome: Robbynmarie_k, Sugarbaby269, Stephanielllll, Peachykeen62, Merose, and Joyra!! So good to have you! I've added your weight loss goals to this list, and if you stated exercise goals, I've added them to the July Exercise Challenge list! Good luck!

CakeBatter!!!!! OMGosh girl!!! GREAT to have you back!!!! I'm so glad your computer is up and running and that work has slowed down! We've missed you!! I've added your 8K to the exercise thread, so don't forget to check in there too! WELCOME BACK!!

Crystal, I know you are going to do it this time, girl! Staying more OP on the weekends is going to help a lot!! :cheer3:

Jacqui_D 06-30-2009 09:40 AM

:welcome: JazzyPeggy!! Good to have you! Good luck!!

Jacqui_D 06-30-2009 09:48 AM

July Weight Loss Challenge List of Participants (so far!)

Weight Loss goals are in this list. Exercise goals are in the sister thread--July Exercise Challenge http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=175369. If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed or edited in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Get back on track OP consistently; lose between 6-7 lbs
Sunflowergirl68: Lose 8-10 lbs; drink more water
NewShinyMe: Keep track of water intake; reach the 160's; stay accountable during the weekends
Jelder227: Lose 8-10 lbs
LaurenA: Lose 5 lbs
Lene1974: Drink 64 oz of water daily; lose 5 lbs
Velveteen: Reach 85 kg or less
Delphi: Reach ONEderland; lose 10 lbs
Jacqui_D: Lose 7-10 lbs
JoyinSF: Lose 6-8 lbs
Crazymamaof4: Lose at least 5 lbs; eat even MORE fruits and veggies; try out a new recipe every week; stay POP at least 85% of the time
Jellybellyjess: Lose 7-10 lbs
Susiemartin: Lose 10 lbs to be under 225 lbs
Nellonello: Lose 8 lbs; maintain a 1000-calorie deficit 5 days a week
Linzluv: Lose 15 lbs
Mystical: Lose 8-10 lbs
Robbynmarie_k: Fit into a size 18; reach 48 in waist measurement; maintain a 1000 calorie deficit; reach 220 lbs
Sugarbaby269: Lose 8-10 lbs
Stephanielllll: Lose 8 lbs; drink recommended amount of water
Gekster: Lose 9 lbs; be more accountable on the weekends
Peachykeen62: Lose 8-10 lbs
Merose: Reach "overweight" on BMI chart; lose 9 lbs to reach 185 lbs
Joyra: Lose 10 lbs to reach 145 lbs; lose 10 inches
CakeBatter: Lose 6 pounds to reach 165 lbs; try to eat "clean"
JazzyPeggy: Lose 10 lbs to reach 273 lbs
Ms_Perception: Lose 5 pounds; take a multi-vitamin at least 85% of the time; lose inches, especially around the waist
Canadianangel: Go gluten-free
VickieLou: Lose 15 lbs

Ms Perception 06-30-2009 10:37 AM

My, my...look at all these wonderful women ready to get a jump on July!! I am totally in. Deciding on my goals have been a challenge by themselves!
Here they are:
1. Lose 5 pounds
2. Take multi-vitamin 85% of the time or better
3. Lose inches, on my waist especially

It's funny. I was going to set much more modest goals since we are traveling quite a bit and it's my birthday month which means lots of opportunities to be naughty. So, I said to my DH, "Maybe I should shoot for just a couple pounds down." He asked what I normally set for a goal, then he's like, "You can still lose your normal amount." He's actually trying to lose too now, so it's not like it's just me trying by myself. Though we all know men handle it MUCH differently. I thought it was funny that he was encouraging me to go for more than what I thought I could do. Now I'm thinking...why not at least TRY!? He set me straight. I should celebrate my b-day by getting healthy, not overeating/making bad food choices.

mystical 06-30-2009 11:19 AM

Hello everyone I am so excited and pumped up for this month I just know this is going to be a good starting point for me with all of you supporting and helping me. I started the daily plate so I am now counting everything I am eating and it is making a difference. Thanks for all the great words of support . Good luck everyone. :)

Jacqui_D 06-30-2009 11:29 AM

Mystical, it IS exciting to get a new start! I feel that every time we start a new month! And the ladies on these two threads are the best!! The more involved you become (and we want you to become involved!), the more motivated and committed you'll feel! It's such a wonderful feeling knowing you are not alone and that others here understand what you are going through, have your same struggles, and are fighting the same battle! Everyone here is genuinely happy when someone else succeeds and it's so great!! You ARE going to be able to do this and we will help you! :hug:

Delphi 06-30-2009 11:29 AM

MsP ~ That is awesome about the hubby. I'm sure that makes it loads easier for you. Kind of like a weight loss buddy w/benefits..eh? :lol: Good for you sweetie.

Mystical ~ That's great hun! You are well on your way. Making those initial steps are sometimes the hardest, but once you make this routine...it's sky's the limit from here on out. ;) And I totally agree with everything Jacqui said.

canadianangel 06-30-2009 11:37 AM

good morning all you sexy ladies!

my goal this month is going to be diffrent. my 2 children have celiac and i am a carrier, well yesterday, i found out a few other problems with my daughter, and i made her a deal..for 1 month since im really not suppose to have glutens, but have been having them, that this month i wont have any. as per the doctor yesterday. its going to be hard, but i will do it.

ang

Jacqui_D 06-30-2009 11:39 AM

Ms_P, give that man a hug!! :hug: I'm so glad you are going for it! It fits your new ""can do" attitude and that's exciting!! You are about to be in the 150s!! :carrot:

VickieLou 06-30-2009 11:42 AM

My Goal is to lose 15 LBS. I have been off plan for over a month. So I might be able to lose 15 LBS. in a month.

Jacqui_D 06-30-2009 11:42 AM

Ang, that goal is not only valuable to your daughter, but I bet you are going to see a big difference in how much better you feel!! That's a wonderful goal and you can do it!! :carrot:

Jacqui_D 06-30-2009 11:47 AM

VickieLou, welcome back!! :welcome: I've added you to the list! Good luck!!

SuzyQ 06-30-2009 11:52 AM

Hi All :)

I am in it again :carrot: I'm going to stick to my original 5 lb goal for this month. I did manage to lose 3 lbs in June, which I am very happy :D.

Gekster - I am with you. The weekends are my down fall too. I believe my issue is not having a routine on the weekend. I know monday - friday I do this and this at this time and so on but when saturday comes I am like :dancer: and I kick off my shoes off and relax. This is one of my goals I would like to accomplish :)

:welcome3: to all the new chicas :D

:congrat: to all of the big losers :D

Suzy

Ms Perception 06-30-2009 12:28 PM

Jacqui and Delphi-Thanks! I've got me a great man, but it sure helps to finally have him "on board" with weight loss. It'll be more of a team effort. It'll also help once we nolonger live with my in-laws because even though I do the cooking, MIL brings home chocolate donuts or nutty bars and sets them on the couter for the kids. It is NOT easy to just have them sitting there half the time. I don't cave, but DH does sometimes. I could do without the temptation, though!

Newshinyme 06-30-2009 12:51 PM

I want in on that 64 oz of vodka challenge that Lene is on! Where do I sign up?

:welcome: to all our new ladies!

Cake! it's good to see you back girl :D

Ms. P.: You have a great man there chickie, when are you moving into your own place?

Gekster: It's you and me against the weekend baby. Let's kick some butt.

Going to the MIL's house to eat tomorrow, but I think I will just bring my own food, I can't start the month on the wrong foot and I don't like her cooking that much anyway :lol:

Ms Perception 06-30-2009 01:03 PM

NSM-The deal is...DH got a job about 5 hours from where we lived. He moved in with his parents (who live about 1/2 hour from his new work) until we sold the house. Well, the house STILL isn't sold and this was almost a year ago. So, DH asked me to bring the kids and move in here with him and the ILs since he was really missing us when we were still living in our old house and he was here. We moved in here about 2.5 months ago. We're planning to rent a place in the fall (Sept) until our house sells and we can build since we don't want to stay here and keep being free-loaders. We have land just waiting for a house to be built on it! Long story...hope you're not sorry you asked!

FullSteamAhead 06-30-2009 01:19 PM

Good afternoon chickies :)

cakeeeeeeeeeee, :) wbbbbbbbbbb, so happy to see you. Been thinking about you and I had a feeling we would be seeing you soon! ;) I'm glad. :) You look terrific by the way, looking forward to catching up.

canadianangel, susieQ, and vickielou, wb girls : ). Angel, I see that you completed your physical therapy which is great! Susie, congrats on the loss :carrot::carrot::carrot: Nice to see you girls.

merose, Joyra, and JazzyPeggy :welcome2: aboard

MsPerception, wc to yet another new month for us! I think it's awesome that DH is eating healthy with you and his encouragement and support. I absolutely LOVE how you do not cave into those temptations placed on the counter by MIL, wtg!!!!!!!!! :high: Good for you chicky.

Jacqui, NSM, Delphi.......and to all, hi girls :)

Mystical, that's great! Congrats on starting the daily plate.

Not much new here girls. Getting geared up for our new month. Woke up to another muggy as sin day (though the temps have only been in the 60's), thankgoodness for the a.c (though none in this room). I will be planning my menu for the next few days. Have a great day everyone, chat soon :)

mystical 06-30-2009 01:35 PM

I am trying to make a menu for myself as well but I am not sure if it good. I am trying to stay with low calories I know allot about nutrition but for me to put it all together in a menu I seem to just go blank and don't know where to start. I want to put together 4 menus so I can just alternate them every week if anyone has any tips please help... Thanks

Newshinyme 06-30-2009 01:41 PM

Mystical: Are you just doing calorie counting or any particular plan like South Beach or what not?

FullSteamAhead 06-30-2009 01:56 PM

Mystical.....of course we are all different but for me, I work best in baby steps. Planning my menu 2-3 days in advance seems to work best for me instead of going too far ahead, but it may be completely beneficial to another to plan further ahead. My lunchtime menu typically consists of salad (with romaine, tomato, cukes, onions) with some protein in it like h.b eggs or chicken or turkey. I sometimes have a turkey sandwich on a whole wheat pita (with hellmans, l.f mayo or mustard). I like the thin and trim turkey from the deli. I pretty much stick with lean proteins for dinner....like fish, chicken (i get the roast chickens from the market and eat the white meat, no skin) or chicken breast cooked on the grill, turkey, and maybe beef once a week. THey are some of the lowest cal proteins and I like them (except for the lean beef which i limit). I have some veggies or a salad along with it and don't use butter but I use that pam butter flavored cooking spray. F.f it. dress. for my salad. I limit my cheese and eat the kraft f.f yellow american (which i really like but is high in sodium) and use it to make cheese omelettes occassionally for dinner. Now mind you , all this is when I am OP of course : ) . When I am not OP I tend to get lost in carb land.

Mystic, not sure if this is the sort of help you were requesting but I hope it helps in some way. OH I alsooooooo have a few healthy choices, etc in the freezer for back up! I have gotten sick before with TOM or something will come up and i cant cook....they have been life savers for me.

SuzyQ 06-30-2009 01:58 PM

Good Afternoon Ladies :sunny:

FSA - :wave: right back atcha.

Mystical - have you ever tried the 1/2 vegs, 1/4 protein and 1/4 starch plate? I've just started it yesterday. You def have to drink you water. But it's pretty simple. Hope this helps :)

Suzy

Wifey 06-30-2009 02:14 PM

I'm totally up for a July challenge since June completely passed me by! I have time to focus on my goals!!

July Goal - lose 10lbs (this will put me pretty close to hitting ONEderland!)
I'm also gonna make sure I drink a LOT of water this month!! ;)

Gekster 06-30-2009 02:45 PM

This really is a great way to keep yourself motivated. So welcome to the new people. July is going to be a good month, lots of people with positive attitude, yay!

FSA- The reward envelopes have been great for me, plus they were fun to decorate lol

NSM and SuzyQ - We will tackle this weekend problem together!

Mystical- I agree with the other girls, it was baby steps for me. I tried to do all my meal planning and it just fell apart. And having a back up like healthy frozen dinners and/or stuff you make in advance and freeze can be real life savers for those times when the day gets away from you and you don't feel like cooking. These ladies have wonderful advice, so any questions you have ask away.

Jacqui_D 06-30-2009 02:45 PM

Weight Loss goals are in this list. Exercise goals are in the sister thread--July Exercise Challenge http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=175369. If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed or edited in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

NewShinyMe: Keep track of water intake; reach the 160's; stay accountable during the weekends
Crazymamaof4: Lose at least 5 lbs; eat even MORE fruits and veggies; try out a new recipe every week; stay POP at least 85% of the time
Robbynmarie_k: Fit into a size 18; reach 48 in waist measurement; maintain a 1000 calorie deficit; reach 220 lbs
CakeBatter: Lose 6 lbs to reach 165 lbs; try to eat "clean"
Ms_Perception: Lose 5 lbs; take a multi-vitamin at least 85% of the time; lose inches, especially around the waist
SuzyQ: Lose 5 lbs
Wifey: Lose 10 lbs; drink a LOT of water
Ashley4012: Eat no fast food; lose 10 lbs
Annie96: Lose 8 lbs; drink water everyday; do not do mindless munching; measure and prepare food to stay consistent with Fitday journaling

Jacqui_D 06-30-2009 02:47 PM

Hm, well I'm not sure why I had two lists up in a row, but I have been having a little bit of trouble with the site today, so I've deleted one of the lists!

Jacqui_D 06-30-2009 02:48 PM

SuzyQ, did you want me to add "be accountable on the weekends" to your goal too?

Jacqui_D 06-30-2009 05:18 PM

Ashley, :welcome:!! Glad you've joined us! Good luck!

annie96 06-30-2009 06:09 PM

Hi! Would like to join this challenge. Goal is to:
Lose 8 pounds for the month
Drink water everyday
Do not do mindless munching
Measure and prepare food to stay consistant with fitday journaling

Jacqui_D 06-30-2009 06:25 PM

:welcome: Annie!! I've added you to the list! Good to have you and good luck!

Delphi 06-30-2009 06:48 PM

Welcome to all the newbies! :hug:

Alright, Sandye has done it again. I'm tellin' ya'll she is one with the force. So she was all, oooooooooooo, I'm so far ahead of you...this morning, and I was like...that's alright I'll figure something out for our Friday Cleaning Challenge....and I did ladies...Oh yes I did. With that being said we have exhibit A...the mess...

So, I believe that is the equivalent of me pulling Sandye's pigtails and running like ****. :lol: I love it girly. You are awesome in every sense of the word. Thanks for continuously putting up with me and pushing me daily. Love ya!

The interesting thing about this, was I realized all the junk I had. Freakin' ten boxes of mac n cheese and all kinds of prepackaged meals. Most of that stuff I can't even eat and yet I put it right back up thinking at the very least a natural disaster could occur and we would have some high calorie stuff to survive on...eh?

At any rate, I'm pumped up for a new month with you awesome ladies. I think I'll go to bed early just so I can get started early. Haha! You ladies have a great evening. :) :) :)

mystical 06-30-2009 07:20 PM

WOW looks like I will be going throught the same thing in a few weeks but not by choice it will be moving day for me. July 24 to be exact. Tomorrow is a holiday so I am hoping we will cook something on the grill and just add some veges. I am so excited to be starting this new adventure in my life. You are a great group of people I am so glad to be here starting my new life tomorrow. YEAH!!!

TexSue 06-30-2009 07:25 PM

I would like to join in also. I'm shooting for 5 lbs for the month, workout at Cuvers 3 days a week and 48 oz. water per day.

Susan

Jacqui_D 06-30-2009 07:45 PM

CakeBatter: Lose 6 lbs to reach 165 lbs; try to eat "clean"
Ms_Perception: Lose 5 lbs; take a multi-vitamin at least 85% of the time; lose inches, especially around the waist
SuzyQ: Lose 5 lbs
Wifey: Lose 10 lbs; drink a LOT of water
Ashley4012: Eat no fast food; lose 10 lbs
Annie96: Lose 8 lbs; drink water everyday; do not do mindless munching; measure and prepare food to stay consistent with Fitday journaling
TexSue: Lose 5 lbs; drink 48 oz of water per day
Glutio: Lose 10 lbs
Late_to_the_Game: Lose 7-10 lbs; drink more water
Iamren: Lose 12 lbs
Janis427: Lose 10 lbs

Jacqui_D 06-30-2009 07:47 PM

TexSue, :welcome:!! Good to have you! I've added your weight loss goals to the list in this thread and your exercise goal to the list in the July Exercise Challenge thread! Good luck!

iDream 06-30-2009 07:52 PM

Delphi~ OMG! :lol3: I'm dyin' over here! Bwahahaha!!! I love it! I'm tellin' ya, our houses are going to be seen sparkling from space by the time we hit our goals!!! :lol: I went through this insane Mission Organization project at the beginning of the year--went through and purged/cleaned/organized nearly every room in the house, even the basement! I took pics too! It was the best feeling ever to get it all done, but wow what a long time it took! I should redo my pantry though--it's gotten a little out of whack since I organized it. Thanks for pullin' my pigtails girlie! That'll be first on my list after my workout and breakfast! :)

Oh, btw, got the bathrooms cleaned and the floor mopped today!:crazy: Neener, neener, nee-ner!!!

:D

Newshinyme 06-30-2009 07:58 PM

Hey!! It's only Tuesday. I thought all this nonsense only happened on Friday!!!

I wonder if I can still pull something off with the few hours I have left..we shall see :lol: