3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   July Weight Loss Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/175508-july-weight-loss-challenge.html)

Gekster 07-01-2009 05:23 PM

LE- I actually drink tons of water all the time. I've drank about 98 oz today so far so CMo4 can put away that rolling pin!

Mystical- This really is a great group of motivators! Hope you have a great time with your family tonight.

nellonello 07-01-2009 05:39 PM

I would love to hear someone's trick on how they keep up with everyone and get personals done. I am only able to check a few times a day and am amazed at how far I am always behind.

July 1 eating has started out POP. I have been stuck in front of the computer since 6 this morning so I have no exercise for the day. Am hoping to walk 4 miles tonight if the baby (and hubby) will let me out of the house. This is going to be a tough month with vacations and parties but I know if I keep coming back and reading all about you guys I can make it through and meet goal!

joyra 07-01-2009 05:54 PM

Wow, I'm already making progress towards my goal! I thought maaaybe 10 lbs will be lofty but in two days I've lost 2.8 lbs! Of course I had kind of been bloated up when I started but I also lost my first new lb in months.

I also took my measurements. In just a week of doing some hardcore exercising, I've lost .25 in from my arm, calf and hips, .5 in from my waist and thigh, .75 in from my bust and 1.5 in from my gut. I had a slight gain (.25 in) in my chest.... erg, my boobs are shrinking, my chest is growing?

So my progress as of July 2nd is:
- 2.8 / 10 lbs (-7.2 lbs to go)
- 3.75 / 10 in (-6.25 in to go)
- 105 / 1000 mins (-895 mins of exercise to go)

CamiToo 07-01-2009 06:37 PM

Delphi wrote : Steelers, Cammitoo, and Tracy ~ and yes if you subscribe to this thread, believe me your email box will be full at the end of the day. Very active bunch of awesome ladies here.

Ok now I'm confused. I have no clue about subscribing to threads and I only check my email about once a month! If that often. And I keep seeing references to "personals" and I'm in the dark about what that means too. Can someone help eliminate my ignorance please?

Gekster 07-01-2009 06:54 PM

Hey Cami- no worries on the confusion, I was there not too long ago. Personals means making comments to people about things they posted about. Some people do this, others just post what is going on with themselves. whatever works for you. With subscribing to the thread, if you subscribe you get email notifications saying when a new post in the thread has been made, it also shows up under your usercp. When you post, if you click go advanced you get lots more options for your post, including if you want to subscribe, get emails, etc. Hope this made sense :).

glutio 07-01-2009 07:21 PM

Delphi, what is Pharmanex?

Sandye and Delphi, you guys are gonna have a tough time keeping up with me on the cleaning! I've already bleached and wiped down the outside of the cabinets, wiped out and bleached all the drawers, gotten out all the small miscellaneous appliances to be packed up, scrubbed down the outside of the stove (need stuff for the inside) and it looks practically new! I also scrubbed the floor under the stove, cleaned out 2 of the cabinets and wiped them down, and gotten a cabinet to turn into a hidden cat box! It's only one room but I'm kicking it's ***!!

SkinnyJeansInWaiting 07-01-2009 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delphi (Post 2808749)
I'm really happy with how my body is starting to look but my waist..urg. I have lost six inches off my waist since May, but still, everything else is starting to look sooooooo small and then there's my big ol' jelly belly screwing everything up.

I have the same problem when I lose weight, but it's with my big fat thighs :( I seem to loose easily from everywhere else but my thighs seem to stay huge no matter what I do! It is frustrating!

Listening to you girls makes me long to be back to where I was not long ago, when I was down to just under 200 and feeling good. i had a lifestyle change and let it all slip away to where I am now...but now am determined to get it back and take charge. It's just an issue of balancing everything in my life and making myself priority #1 again. So hard to do!

Jacqui_D 07-01-2009 07:33 PM

Gekster, maybe even though you may have slept enough hours last night, you never went into REM sleep or didn't stay in it for very long. That would make you feel tired.

Mystical, we are so glad to have you! This really is a great bunch of ladies!

Nello, my trick is that I am a homemaker, so I usually have time to keep checking back. And when I have lots of personals to write, I open 2 windows and take them to the same thread, and then as I read one, I type in the other!

Cami, As Gekster said, personals are when you write to individuals instead of to the group as a whole. Not everyone has time for personals and we understand that perfectly! We're just happy when people check in regularly to let us know how they are doing, so that we can support them in their efforts!

Lene, I just read that gardening that involves heavy duty things like digging, moving shrubs, or shoveling mulch is considered not "moderate" exercise but "vigorous" exercise, so see, you're getting a great workout in! :D

SkinnyJeans, just keep checking in here, girlie! We'll help you keep yourself a priority! :yes:

Glutio, I believe we're going to need pictures, lol! J/K! Good for you! :cp:

Joyra: CONGRATS on your 2.8 lbs down!!! Woohoo! :yay:

nellonello 07-01-2009 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyJeansInWaiting (Post 2809143)
It's just an issue of balancing everything in my life and making myself priority #1 again. So hard to do!

I agree that it is hard to do! But it is so important to do this for ourselves as I truly think I will be a happier person for it. I feel this time for me will be different as I am not looking at this like a diet but as my NEW LIFE!!

Jacqui_D 07-01-2009 07:38 PM

July Weight Loss Challenge List of Participants (so far!)

Weight Loss goals are in this list. Exercise goals are in the sister thread--July Exercise Challenge http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=175369. If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed or edited in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Get back on track OP consistently; lose between 6-7 lbs
Sunflowergirl68: Lose 8-10 lbs; drink more water
NewShinyMe: Keep track of water intake; reach the 160's; stay accountable during the weekends
Jelder227: Lose 8-10 lbs
LaurenA: Lose 5 lbs
Lene1974: Drink 64 oz of water daily; lose 5 lbs
Velveteen: Reach 85 kg or less
Delphi: Reach ONEderland; lose 10 lbs
Jacqui_D: Lose 7-10 lbs
JoyinSF: Lose 6-8 lbs
Crazymamaof4: Lose at least 5 lbs; eat even MORE fruits and veggies; try out a new recipe every week; stay POP at least 85% of the time
Jellybellyjess: Lose 7-10 lbs
Susiemartin: Lose 10 lbs to be under 225 lbs
Nellonello: Lose 8 lbs; maintain a 1000-calorie deficit 5 days a week
Linzluv: Lose 15 lbs
Mystical: Lose 8-10 lbs
Robbynmarie_k: Fit into a size 18; reach 48 in waist measurement; maintain a 1000 calorie deficit; reach 220 lbs
Sugarbaby269: Lose 8-10 lbs
Stephanielllll: Lose 8 lbs; drink recommended amount of water
Gekster: Lose 9 lbs; be more accountable on the weekends
Peachykeen62: Lose 8-10 lbs
Merose: Reach "overweight" on BMI chart; lose 9 lbs to reach 185 lbs
Joyra: Lose 10 lbs to reach 145 lbs; lose 10 inches
CakeBatter: Lose 6 lbs to reach 165 lbs; try to eat "clean"
JazzyPeggy: Lose 10 lbs to reach 273 lbs
Ms_Perception: Lose 5 lbs; take a multi-vitamin at least 85% of the time; lose inches, especially around the waist
Canadianangel: Go gluten-free
VickieLou: Lose 15 lbs
SuzyQ: Lose 5 lbs
Wifey: Lose 10 lbs; drink a LOT of water
Ashley4012: Eat no fast food; lose 10 lbs
Annie96: Lose 8 lbs; drink water every day; do not do mindless munching; measure and prepare food to stay consistent with Fitday journaling
TexSue: Lose 5 lbs; drink 48 oz of water per day
Glutio: Lose 10 lbs
Late_to_the_Game: Lose 7-10 lbs; drink more water
Iamren: Lose 12 lbs
Janis427: Lose 10 lbs
Lookingtobehealthy: Lose 6-8 lbs
JasonsLea: No "pigging out" in Alabama for BFF's wedding
Ruby5839: Lose 5-8 lbs; stay OP at least 5 days a week
Blondie32: Lose 10 lbs
CamiToo: Reach 220 lbs
LewisEmpire: Drink 64 oz of water every day; lose 8 lbs
Tracy: Lose as much weight as possible under 277.6 lbs
SteelersGirlie: Lower number of bad carbs eaten; eat more vegetables; lose 10 lbs
SkinnyJeansInWaiting: Lose 10 lbs
Moralia: Reach the 130s
Candtlove: Lose 10 lbs; drink more fluids

Blondie32 07-01-2009 08:03 PM

;)Hello Ladies, I don't remember if I put down my goal for the month of July But I am going to shoot for that ol 10 lbs again:wave: I have been exausted from training this week and stupid TOM:crazy: I am so excited about all the losses and the new visitors, Congrads:cheer: and Welcome:welcome2: to all you new comers. You girls always make me laugh at your posts and just keep me focused and going day to day.:hug: It has been so hard getting all prepared to do my workout at lunch at the Prison. I finally found out what kind of soaps and stuff I can bring in just to shower after working out. It's sorta a hastle because everytime you go to work you have to take off your shoes, empty out your stuff, take off your jewlery, ect. So tomorrow its on:woops::ebike:

Late to the game 07-01-2009 08:03 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I weighed in at 185.8 this morning, EXACTLY what I weighed the day I flew to Sandye's. What the heck? She worked my behind off and we ate right the entire time. I'm a little discouraged. I am not eating enough or -gasp!- drinking enough water. Just got back from a doctor appt. so don't think I'll get a workout in today. All-in-all, not a good start! Tomorrow is a new day!

Sandye ~ sniff, so sweet. Dr. burned my mole off (ouch), and prescribed new meds. I go in for a physical in three weeks. Shopping for a weight bench tomorrow! I predict you will hit the 150's on Friday!

candtlove 07-01-2009 08:05 PM

I'd like to work with this challenge also. I'd like to lose 10 lbs during this month. My exercise goal is to do 3-5 workouts per week and drink more fluids.

SkinnyJeansInWaiting 07-01-2009 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nellonello (Post 2809151)
I agree that it is hard to do! But it is so important to do this for ourselves as I truly think I will be a happier person for it. I feel this time for me will be different as I am not looking at this like a diet but as my NEW LIFE!!

I had a complete lifestyle change about a year ago and was under 200 pounds. At that time I was home with my kids and was exercising a lot and cooking really healthy meals, etc. then I had to start working from home as my hubby's job wasn't pulling in what it used to, and slowly I made working #1and suddenly realized I had gained almost all the weight back, was not exercising AT ALL, and I feel like I am back at square one.

BUT, now I know how to do that lifestlye and how awesome I felt doing it, it's just a matter of getting going and balancing with work. I'm an all or nothing kind of gal, unfortunately.

anyway, I'm setting a schedule for my workouts and will start sticking to them no matter what until they feel natural again.

ruby5839 07-01-2009 08:47 PM

Wow, thanks all for the welcomes!! This really is an active thread! I doubt I'll be able to do personals, but I do read all the posts. I started the day off at 148.8. I'm up 0.8 lbs from the other day, but I'm also PMSing, so that could be part of it.

Jacqui D- You're amazing for keeping track of all of our goals! I'm sure it's gotten to be a lot of extra work with how large the group has gotten and I just wanted to express my appreciation for your effort :)

You ladies are all so inspiring! I had a weak moment earlier where I nearly passed on exercise today (it's Canada Day and we had a big bbq) but I came onto the thread and reading about what some of you have accomplished today, I felt so lazy, so I popped in the 30 Day Shred dvd. That is a surprisingly effective workout! I feel so much better (and energetic) after exercising.

So, THANKS! :D And I hope you all have equally good (or better) days tomorrow :)