Old 06-03-2009, 06:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 211/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Default Video Game Challenge - June 6.3

Hi. Waiting for my coffee to kick in. Here is the start of June. We may need to split the month so I added the first day of the thread.

Here is my question to get this going - what other gadgets do you use to help you lose weight and keep healthy? I'm picking up a refurb. iTouch and hope to find some cool applications to keep me on the strait and narrow.

Happy Hump Day....

Last edited by Momofsteel; 06-03-2009 at 06:31 AM.
Momofsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 07:22 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 208.6/185/160

I recently replaced my plush comfy desk chair with a Swiss ball. I don't think it alone is going to give me abs of steel but it's helpful just the same
Hlthgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:00 PM   #3  

So I was on today - I typically go past the calories burned mark by about 10-20 calories. My fast kickbacks weren't registering - I replaced the batteries in the wand but not the other controller. That might be the problem (I was really picking up the pace).

Anyone find a difference with the balance board? Is it worth getting? Thx
Old 06-03-2009, 09:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 315 heighest/Feb09 286/254/150

Height: 5ft 6 inches

OMG the nike sensor. It's like dailies for your feet for all you Wow fans out there. I get my walking buddy ready by telling her we're losing Nike faction. You can set goals and get little ribbons and online certificates for accomplishments (like taking part in one of their real world events virtually). Plus they have a mini me you can make and deck out in gear and you can unlock clothes for them by getting accomplishments and if you use their mini me screensaver your mini me behaves differently depending on if you're working out or not (she'll go from sitting down playing video games to running and cheering you on). I love it. They offer training assistance, audio feedback (half way and distance marks and new records), online progress tracking and everything. The kits like $30 and fits most Ipods.
Misora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:51 PM   #5  

Do you need Nike shoes for it or will any shoes do? I read about that briefly and will do some digging...thx!
Old 06-04-2009, 07:15 PM   #6  

Well I have Nike shoes and I recommend them if you're getting new shoes and don't have a nice pair but you don't need them. If you don't use the shoes you can sew, knit or crochet a little pouch for them or pad them and slip them into the toe of your shoe but keep in mind if they move while walking it's less accurate and don't put it in the tongue area of your shoe under the laces without tying it to something because having to search a 2 mile stretch of bike trail in the dark is no fun (when you get too far away it will verbally tell you that it's lost contact with the sensor).

Having said that I went to the Nike Outlet store near my house not too long after I got it because I didn't have a good pair of walking shoes and the nice people there talked me though what I was looking for and got me a nice pair for about $40 which included an insole precut spot for the sensor so that's what I use these days.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:29 PM   #7  

checking in wii fit free run 30 min. I do a speed step with 3 lb weights. Sweat-E!
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 12:05 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 180/169/145

Height: 5'5

AM Workout: 20 minutes cardio boxing [Gold's Gym]

I looooove this game!! I'm about to do my evening workout!
vertigoskyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 07:37 AM   #9  

Last night I did my EA Sports Active (from now on I'm calling it EASA

Going to do some ab work now on the Swiss ball. I will be doing the EASA again this evening.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:39 AM   #10  

Oh and I forgot to mention...I am 199 now! Yay no more 200's for me! What a difference it makes to see less than 200s on the scale.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:46 AM   #11  

I was sooooo excited yesterday. I realized part of my upper arm was hard...like muscle! I flexed & could feel muscle, I made my husband & brother feel my arm & they were surprised. I've NEVER had upper arm strength. I've never felt any muscle in my arms. I owe it to Gold's Cardio Gym. Oh, how I love this game.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:46 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hlthgrl View Post
Oh and I forgot to mention...I am 199 now! Yay no more 200's for me! What a difference it makes to see less than 200s on the scale.
YAY! Congrats!
Old 06-05-2009, 09:48 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigoskyy View Post
I was sooooo excited yesterday. I realized part of my upper arm was hard...like muscle! I flexed & could feel muscle, I made my husband & brother feel my arm & they were surprised. I've NEVER had upper arm strength. I've never felt any muscle in my arms. I owe it to Gold's Cardio Gym. Oh, how I love this game.

I have to get this game this weekend when I am out! I love boxing. It's so much fun.
Old 06-05-2009, 02:23 PM   #14  

Ohh I'll have to try the Golds! Just a reminder to everybody who's doing this don't forget to update any profiles you have as far as calorie tracking. I just noticed the other night that my pedometer is still set to 276 and I was 254 this morning! Also am I the only person who 'cheats' at EASA? I totally do jumping jacks during the running on the track because I hate running in place and it still counts. :P
Old 06-05-2009, 03:55 PM   #15  

Nice trick with the jumping jacks. I don't think it matters that much since jacks are pretty hard as well. I have a little cheat too. I don't use my Wii Fit board btu I read that you could use it for inline skating (my arch nemesis) but you don't jump you straighten quickly like you do in the Wii Fit skiing games. So now I just do that. It's still very challenging for me but the jumping was killing me. I wasn't getting very many jumps accomplished anyway. Something for me to work towards I guess.

I am so influenced by you all! I went out today and bought the Gold's ym cardio! Can't wait to try it out.