Old 06-22-2009, 05:35 AM   #1  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Default W.O.W. Declaration of THINdependence ~ Week 11

Good Monday Morning everyone!

YAY for mondays!!!! Okay well for the likes of me that is. Mondays are great days to start a new. Get a fresh dose of committment, or to know that we made it another week on target!

Last week I was On Plan almost every day! This week will be a bit tougher but I will Keep up with my workouts and stick to counting my calories every day!

Gotta get ready for work!
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 11:00 AM   #2  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Morning Weedies!

Sorry I was so absent last week. Things have been "trying" to put it lightly.

Today I am getting back on track. Still need to read last weeks thread thoroughly cuz I feel like I have missed out. I am going to get 5 days of 1 hour of exercise in this week. Its my goal. My arse is looking like the side of a bus, and I cant take it anymore.

Love you all bunches... hope we pump it up this week (or at least let me draw some of your motivation!) and get back on the right track.

WEED FOR ME
W - 90 a day... need a good flush out
E - 1 hour a day at least 40 cardio and 20 stretching or strength
E- Under 1600 calories - start logging on fitday again
D- Dont ruin a good day with an underlying spirit of anger!

BBL!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 11:10 PM   #3  
Calorie Counter

Hello????????

Nixie it is good to see you. I will lend you some of my motivation as long as it helps YOU lose some pounds. I just cant seem to lose anything! Seriously since last week I have gained 3 pounds. It has to be water but why is it here???? Anyway its good to see you. I wonder where everyone is.

Today has been right on for me. Kids had swim lessons, and one day in Makenna is moved back to where she was in september! I am totally pumped by that. Tommy's first day was awsome, He really likes his lessons. Okay gotta go to bed I am going to hit the gym early (I hope) I want a really good workout. I am talking running, biking, rowing, summit climbing. I havent done cardio in 4 days and I need something good!
Old 06-23-2009, 01:56 AM   #4  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

ladies.

Nothing new here, as usual. TOM is basically gone, thank god. Less than a month till I get to see my family and friends again! I want to change my WI day. Thursdays aren't working for me anymore, I've noticed that I tend to binge on the weekends especially after payday when I have a little (and I mean a little) money. Which do yall think would be better: Saturday or Sunday weigh in?
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 03:28 AM   #5  
e32

S/C/G: 169/157/135

Height: 5'3"

hi everyone...nix lets DO this thing! i'm there with you on the frustration, but i'll commit to the same 5 days of exercise with you.

i'm thinking of joining ww...i don't know if it's a good match for me or not. shari , i know you do ww right? anyone else...pros? cons? i need to try something different. i always think that food isn't the issue because i really don't overeat...but clearly, exercise alone is not affecting the kind of change i'm interested in.

opinions?

also, nix i'll check in everyday this week, what about you?

take care everyone!

weed:

W: more than lately--shoot for 64 at least
E: more veggies? i haven't been super hungry lately...food has been a challenge
E: my gym was closed last week (i use the university one) so that was annoying. i rode my bike a lot and went swimming at the public pool, but i'm looking forward to my regular routine back
D: concentrate on what is within my control, not what isn't
e32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 06:49 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Morning all, still MIA for the most part. Graduation is Friday, party is Saturday and the hopefully, peace throughout the land until August when I have to pack them both off to college.

Not losing, but not gaining, really want to be back under 150 for the Fourth. About 3 over so we'll see. What our next challenge going to be, something until Labor Day? I am just hanging on until Sunday, then I will refocus.

Kris, I hear ya, tough going lately.
Looks like it's awfully quiet, where is everybody?

Jeni, glad to hear the kids are liking lessons.

Shari, I vote for Sunday, keeps you honest on the weekend!

W 100
E Any?
E Stick to what makes you feel good for the day, not the moment!
D Savor the little moments!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:38 AM   #7  
Calorie Counter

Morning all!

Shari~ If you think it will help with your eating then weigh yourself on Sunday.

MM~I am right with you, I want to be under 150 by the fourth also.

E~ I am also focusing on what I can control. The dang scale is being stubborn right now for me too. I don't do weight watchers, sorry no tips there. I do eat 5-6 small meals a day and I watch my calories as well. I try not to eat carbs in the evenings. But of course I am stuck onW gaining and losing these same 10 pounds

I made it this morning to the gym up at 430 and at the gym at 500 HURRAY. Mornings work out so much better for me I can get so much more done during the day if I don't take time out for the gym.

W 64 oz
E 60 minutes cardio/done abs and strength/ done
E 1200 planned calories
D go to the gym at 500 (done) housework, and lawn work before b-day party and swimming!
Old 06-24-2009, 04:50 AM   #8  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Morning gals. And I do mean MORNING. It appears to be 4:30 am, probably later by the time I post this, but wow. I got up to wee (all the water!) and found myself WIDE awake. Strange.

But I am losing!!!! I'll reserve the actual number for the real morning weigh in, but it'll be under 260. (it read 260.5 at bedtime and I usually wake up 3-4 pounds less in the morning) Still not exercising but eating is really right on plan. And I don't feel as hungry through the day. Like somehow I have control over compulsive or impulsive eating. So that feels good.

Treatment is going well. I've been feeling so much more positive but yesterday kind of got into a pity party mode. Oh and try this, if you don't mind. When we get together in groups we have to introduce ourselves, Hi, I'm Michelle, I'm an addict. Sobriety date 4-17-09, <how many meeting of AA/NA we've been to> But then we say how we're feeling today. But we aren't allowed to say "good" or "bad", we have to put a real label on our feeling/emotion. anxious, frustrated, happy, content, calm, serene, angry, motivated, confident. I think being more in touch with our actual emotions for what they are, helps us deal with them. So I put myself on a random timer and think, "How am I feeling right now?!" OK, so I'm awake at 4:30 in the morning. I'm kind of frustrated about that. I'm worried I'll be tired later when the kids want me to take them to the pool. I'm still feeling a little shameful and sad from my counselling yesterday and revisiting the painful experiences of losing my career and license. But I feel calm and relaxed. It is quiet and I have my nice cold water and a blanket with my laptop and it's my time. So I'm relaxing and feeling loving being back with you gals. Well it's a work in progress.

Personals in the real morning, but e, and you might realize you've done this, but your "D" sounds like the serenity prayer, "Grant me the serenity to ACCEPT the things I cannot change, the COURAGE to change the things I can, and the WISDOM to know the difference." It really helps me with all daily situations! Just pause and ask yourself, is this something I can change or not? And that helps with my reaction to whatever I'm dealing with at that moment. Can I help it if its raining out and we wanted to go swimming? NO. Can I control whether or not I eat healthily and exercise? YES. (well to a point, I suppose) So I like the way you think!

And wow, I didn't realize it til MM said it, but the 4th of July is right around the corner! It will be time to come up with a new challenge soon. I vote for Labor Day as well, and I'm definitely going to come up with a goal and get to it.

Enough random babbling for this hour. Talk to you all in the morn. xo Michelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 05:41 AM   #9  
Calorie Counter

Good Morning Michelle, you are up early. Hurray for losing! It really makes you feel good doesn't it? Nothing brings the motivation on like seeing your hard work pay off.

Yesterday was pretty good. It wasn't perfect but it was good. I got half of my housework done, then I had to go to a birthday party. Then on to swim lessons. Poor Mak, she needs to build her endurance, now that she has moved up a level she is swimming back and forth accross the pool. In 35 minutes yesterday she went back and fourth 12 times. She was so utterly tired afterwards. Tommy had fun.

Workday for me today.

W 64 oz
E abs/strength done
E 1200 cals
D Keep motivation.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:53 AM   #10  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Hi girls.

Still here. Home life and work are breaking me down at the moment. Still haven't caught up on the threads, but wanted to say I'm around and I hope to be back here at latest on Friday ~ my day off ~ to reconnect.

Have a good day.
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 05:31 AM   #11  
Calorie Counter

Hi everyone! boy am I tired today. I didn't get to bed until late, and I was supposed to have jury duty, but it was cancelled so I am back to work, Sigh.

Makenna has decided she wants to do Tae kwon Do. So am going to sign her up for the once a week class at the Y. My buddy is a black belt and wants to teach her wherever it is he goes, but I don't know, Swimming comes first. Tommy just wants to do whatever his sister does.

W 64 oz
E abs/strength done
E1200 clean calories
D not to think about the scale.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:48 PM   #12  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

My computer is on the frtitz, using DD's. Our trip to Chicago for AI auditions was fun. Nobody went to the next level, but we had a good time. Didn't track eating but came back the same weight. That's good. Probably won't lose again until after TOM on the 5th. I continue workouts and am tracking food again, so, we'll see.

Michelle- You are so strong these days. I am proud of you.

Jeni- Your life seems busy as usual. Keep finding that time for yourself.

Nix- Come on girl. I know you can do this thing. Must be on plan 24/7 all the time.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 03:30 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

Hi All! I tried posting a couple of days ago but my computer/internet went down and lost everything. I worked late yesterday so I didn't get to check in. Exercise good, eating- so so, water- not good. I guess I have then continuim covered!

JCat- great job on the workout and balancing the kid's activities. We are just getting into that stage with the kids

MM- Glad you checked in and are maintianing!

e32- I do well with points when I follow them. I've lost about 3 times now. My prob is I don't change my lifestyle and when I get tired of counting points and journalling I get lazy with eating. I never joined meetings; maybe that would have helped me maintain.

Mtig- glad you had a great time!

Nursie- WTG on the loss and the process of self discovery.

Nix- glad you checked in. How's the exercise?

JL- I weigh in on Fridays. Weekends are brutal for me so I have all week to balance out the weekend.

Gotta run. Kiddies are with grand parents so we're going golfing again!
Grazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 04:45 PM   #14  
e32

S/C/G: 169/157/135

Height: 5'3"

hi everyone...hope you're all enjoying the day---i'm looking forward to the weekend! i've been doing pretty well. i eat so much better when my bf is around and i've been trying to make us healthy dinners. he eats super healthy so i'm more likely to eat better when he's around

my weed i'm going to keep the same as earlier this week

W 64
E more veggies
E swimming!
D focus on what i can control, not what i can't

jeni--good for you getting to the gym so early! the only time i see 430 am is if i stay up til then!

michelle--that's great you're seeing results and not feeling as many eating compulsions! i didn't realize my "D" was so similar to the serenity prayer, but i like that prayer too. helps keep perspective, doesn't it? keep up the good work!
e32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:07 PM   #15  
Calorie Counter

Hi everyone. Glad to see you Grazer, Mindy and E.

My long week is over that means workouts for me! I plan on getting up and working out in the morning again. The plan is to jog for 20 minutes take my class, the do something else for 20 min. we will see.

Calories are WAY over for the day but Tomorrow will be better. I am finding new ripped muscles!!! My legs are looking GOOD! No weight loss, but I am gaining muscles that I can see