June Weight Loss Challenge Continued

You're on Page 1 of 42
Go to
  • okay girls, hope there is no confusion and we all find each other here.
  • Found ya!!! But I did get one more post in the old thread...it hasn't been closed yet.
  • Yeah, FSA you should close the other thread, that way, it doesn't continue to get posts. Just leave a link to this thread as the last post in the old thread so everyone will find us here. I saw it coming, when we were already up so many pages before the June challenge even started.

Good Morning Ladies

Should be down a pound this morning and ol' Darth Scale is being stingy with the rewards. Woke up this morning with hands the size of the marshmallow man from the ghostbuster movie. Dang if I don't know how to tell my body to stop retaining. My cycle is now officially late, I'm retaining water better than Spongebob can and I almost pulled out the light saber this morning when Darth Scale wouldn't budge. Good stuff That's alright, I will remain vigilant. I will rise, I will persevere. Out of the ashes, a new me will emerge. Soon the darkness will fade and the balance will be restored across the land. So take that evil doers...

At any rate, you ladies have a great day. I know I'm gonna try my best to. Ready those water bottles, a new day is upon us.

Sorry ladies, but at 4:30am, this is what ya get from me. A slightly delusional delphi, but hey, I'm smiling. Take it easy today and may your day...be an excellent one.
  • good morning girls,
    Delphi- the force is strong with you! Use it! LOL

I am up way to early to head off to my 2nd job- to earn my spending money!!!
    Just wanted to pop in and commit to getting back on plan today... ALL DAY! Ha ha! I am gonna try going back to higher protein breakfast to get me going. Hopefully there will be less carb cravings! Wish me luck, I am also in the dark grip of TOM! I will try to use the force!!!!

I hope everyone has a great day! We'll chat later!!!
  • Good Morning All!
    Hope everyone has a good day
  • Good morning susie and LE! You ladies have a fab day. I on the other hand just finished, what should have been a sixty minute workout that completely and utterly failed. Shame on you EA for getting my hopes up. I know a lot of you ladies like it, but I get a much better cardio workout w/ the My Fitness Coach and there isn't a billion pauses for resetting exercises. Urg..that is annoying. The MFC is very fluent and you work your tail end off for an hour..and I just didn't get that with the Active. It says I burned 318 calories, but I doubt it. I'll check the gowearfit later and see. Highly disappointed! Now I gotta try to get an hour of the MFC in later or something. I feel like I didn't even work out. Oh well, that's an hour I was at least active, but that's all it was, nothing more...nothing less. Though that leg strap is kinda sexy, almost wanna go get one of my sons toy guns and holster it and have a charlies angels moment.
  • Quote: Good morning susie and LE! You ladies have a fab day. I on the other hand just finished, what should have been a sixty minute workout that completely and utterly failed. Shame on you EA for getting my hopes up. I know a lot of you ladies like it, but I get a much better cardio workout w/ the My Fitness Coach and there isn't a billion pauses for resetting exercises. Urg..that is annoying. The MFC is very fluent and you work your tail end off for an hour..and I just didn't get that with the Active. It says I burned 318 calories, but I doubt it. I'll check the gowearfit later and see. Highly disappointed! Now I gotta try to get an hour of the MFC in later or something. I feel like I didn't even work out. Oh well, that's an hour I was at least active, but that's all it was, nothing more...nothing less. Though that leg strap is kinda sexy, almost wanna go get one of my sons toy guns and holster it and have a charlies angels moment.
    Wow!!! I thought that was supposed to be the next best thing to sliced bread(low calorie of course). I'm so glad I haven't gotten one yet. I think I am going to do that PX90 in the fall anyway.
  • Jacque ~ I guess, maybe I'm just use to the high impact cardio, that the Active seemed more like a game as opposed to a workout. Plus, whoever at EA, thought it was a good idea to add that "arm dance" in there...I believe they were on crack. What they hay? Do the schoolbus? Do the grocery cart? Wow...just wow!
  • Ooo shinny new thread.

Continuing from previous thread:

Glutio, I understand your frustration completely. My husband I both started this journey on the same day. In the following week I planned every meal and stayed under calories every single day (even when I felt like eating my own hand off for a cheeseburger). He, on the other hand, loosely followed his plan and went over calories the majority of his days. Imagine my surprise when I lost 3lbs and he lost 11lbs. I was happy for him but oh so very jealous. Unfortunately our bodies are all different and the diet karma fairies are pure evil.

On personal side of things, my cycle is still playing cruel tricks on my cravings. We have these absolutely fantastic chili dogs in Atlanta from a place called Varsitys that I call my crack of food. I'd give anything for one, or two, or **** four of them right now..hmmm...with a rich, chocolaty milkshake. Oy vey.
  • altgirl ~ Just remember men will lose the weight quicker then we will. Their bodies do not store fat the way ours do, nor does it store it in every nook and cranny like ours tend to do, so expect to see that. Don't let it deter you..it's simply much harder for us to take it off. Plus they tend to have more muscle mass then we do..and the MORE muscle you have, the MORE calories you burn.
  • Good morning girls! Just a super quick type post this morning--I had a dr's appt this morning (all is well on the nail streak front for those of you who remember me posting about it) and haven't gotten my workout in yet. Ate breakfast first thing in the morning which is no my norm either so I'm all backwards today!

I'll be back to post personals later, butDelphi, I'm bummed to hear your report about the AE Active!! I hope that it's better for strength training and that the 30 challenge is at least...a challenge. I was planning on doing my regular lower body st'ing and then checking out what Active had to offer as far as lower body goes...we'll see.

Okay, gotta get my work out in ASAP! Be back later! Be sure to Drink Your Water!!
  • June Weight Loss Challenge List of Participants (so far!)
    Weight Loss goals are in this list. Exercise goals are in the sister thread--June Exercise Challenge: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=172728. If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed or edited in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Lose 6-7 lbs
    Delphi: Lose 10 lbs; keep a 1000-calorie deficit 6 days a week; eat at least 1200 calories everyday
    Blondie: Lose 10 lbs (?)
    Jacqui_D: Lose 10 lbs to reach 177 lbs; eat breakfast within 30 min of waking up; eat at least 4 out of 6 times a day, not missing more than 1 full meal a day; do not miss eating any 2 times consecutively
    VickieLou: Lose 12.5 lbs to reach ONEderland
    Gatorgirl6: Lose 10 lbs; stay OP 6 days a week; drink more water
    Crazymamaof4: Lose 5 lbs to reach 166.4 lbs; lose inches; stay OP at least 85% of the time; eat more fruits and veggies; try at least one new recipe a week
    Lene1974: Lose 5 lbs; take a vitamin daily
    JasonsLea: Lose 10 lbs; apply for at least 10 jobs; set a bed/wake-up time
    Wifey: Lose 11 lbs to reach ONEderland
    Ja23: Lose 8 lbs
    LaurenA: Lose 8 lbs
    Susiemartin: Lose 10 lbs
    Glutio: Lose 10 lbs
    Biju: Lose 8-10 lbs to reach 125-123 lbs
    Jacque9999: Lose 4 lbs; lose inches
    Squeeze: Lose 10 lbs
    Babes315: Lose 5 lbs by June 11th; reach 175 lbs by the end of June
    WormwoodDoll: Lose 10 lbs
    Hattie22: Lose 7 lbs
    Blondie32: Lose 10 lbs
    Michelle0630: Lose 5+ lbs to reach the 140s
    Plexi: Lose 10 lbs to reach 159 lbs
    NewShinyMe: Stay OP 6 days a week; reach the 160s
    Wistfulgirl: Lose 7 lbs
    Nellonello: Lose 8 lbs; keep a Sensewear calorie deficit of 1000 calories per day
    100percentME: Lose 9 lbs to reach 130 lbs
    Dragonfly: Lose 10 lbs/4.5 kg
    Fattopia: Become a Size 20
    Lookingtobehealthy: Lose 8-10 lbs
    Kswood87: Lose 8-10 lbs to reach at least 179 lbs
    Leigh: To reach 211.6 (20 lbs down goal)-209 lbs (10 % goal)
    AtlGirl: Stay OP; lose 11 lbs
    Tummy_Girl: Lose 12 lbs
    Tracy: Lose 10 lbs
    Ladyfyre: Lose 12 lbs
    Sheena41: Lose 3 lbs
    Mizmizzy: Lose 12 lbs
    SupaChix: Breawna: Lose 8 lbs
    SupaChix: Jodi: Lose 6 lbs
    HisSweetGypsyRose: Lose 8 lbs
    Mtphotochick: Lose 10 lbs
    Janis427: Lose 10 lbs
    Dollypie: Lose 10 lbs
    Odysseygurl: Lose 12 lbs
    Lewisempire: Lose 10 lbs
    Urockmom: Lose 6.5 lbs
    Lowandfat: Maintain weight loss (?)
    Ms_Perception: Reach 161 lbs
    Abielle: Lose 10 lbs
    Canadianangel: Wear size 14 pants
    Couch: Lose 4.2 kg, (9.2 lb) to reach 99.9 kg (219.8 lb)
    RubyJan: Stay on Atkins' induction
    Bahecasmart: Lose 10 lbs
    Gekster: Lose 10.7 lbs
    Saramommy: Lose 8 lbs to reach 147 lbs
    Velveteen: Reach 85 kg or less
    Iaradajnos: Go to most successful calorie restriction of 1300; reach highest weight within "healthy" weight range on BMI chart by June 18
    SuzyQ: Lose 5 lbs
    Econ_nerd: Lose 10 lbs to reach 234.6 lbs
    Dandk0204: Lose 15 lbs
    Tamikazie: Lose 6 lbs
    Naf1008: Reach the 160s
  • FSA, I went ahead and left a link to this thread, since I had to go back and get the list anyway! 500 posts in just a little over a week in June--AMAZING!! I love how active everyone is!
  • CMof4, that's great on the brown-streak-in-the-nail news! Did the doc give a cause, like banging your finger or something? I'm just so glad it wasn't a sign of anything serious!

Delphi, the whole Darth scale things is hilarious! Don't be too discouraged about the water retention. I'm beginning to realize it's just part of it, and it usually means a drop is coming! Despite eating right and exercising, I've been holding onto the the same weight for days now! It seems to be part of a pattern, probably having to do with hormone levels. Oh well!

Lewis, wow, a second job--how do you do it all?!

Hiya Suzie, glad to see you made it to the new thread!

AtlGirl, good for you staying away from that temptation! The lbs off will be worth it!! And yeah, my DH just cut back on Diet Coke, started drinking more water, exercised a little more, and lost 5 lbs over the weekend!! Guys are just built that way!

FSA, I hope you are doing well this morning and are feeling much better! Hopefully, when TOM leaves this time for you, he'll leave for the right amount of time!

Continued from the 1st June Weight Loss thread:

Nello, on the 1 lb loss!! Good for you, chickie! Keep it up!

Gekster, I am glad that you got back OP. Let me know if you want to change your goal from two days off to one. I agree, that has to be hard to get back into the swing of things after the weekend off! But at least Monday does start the new week, and you are back at it!

Tami, what plan did you switch to after going off SBD? How is it working, or is it too early to tell? Here's some for ya!!

Glutio, NSM is right that you can't compare your weight loss to someone else's. You just have to stay focused on your journey. I am always really happy when someone else loses weight or reaches a goal, but I would make myself crazy if I tried to keep up with them! My body is going to do things in its own way in its own time, with some help from me, of course, in the way of healthy eating and exercise. I'll get there eventually! I hope you are feeling better today!

NSM, you give such good advice!
  • Wow...shiny new thread indeed!

Good work ladies! I've been fluctuating 1-2lbs but I'm really gonna get a move on this week...as soon as my french exam is done tomorrow!

I haven't posted b/c I've been slackin'...but that's gonna change...I REALLY wanna hit my June goal!