Old 06-09-2009, 01:47 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 189/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

1. Plan - I'm sticking with WW and tracking it in the journal

2. Exercise - I'm really into the EA sport active on the Wii...so I will plug away at that with the 30 day challenge along with either a walk with the dog or elliptical.

3. Relaxation - Much less TV and more gardening instead

4. Water- Still shooting for 8 glasses a day

5. De-Clutter - My mom just helped me with a major cleaning and the plan is to keep it clean!

6. Pamper - honestly the big goal is to lose about 20lbs and then I will be sporting some bling on my finger! (he could care less about the weight loss I wont accept anything until I lose it!)

7. No extras

8. Motto - You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be. - David Viscott

9. Goals - I'm going for 5 lbs this month

10. Reward - tanning!
LLBeaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:09 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 214/196/175

Height: 5'6"

Hey ladies, what day is weigh in for this challenge???
And is anyone seriously un motivated I think its the weather for me but I dunno maybe I'm wrong?
Koshinogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 01:50 AM   #18  
last time

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/168

Height: 5'8"

this darned bronchitis has me unable to participate thus far. i am praying that i will be able to exercise by MONDAY.

all this rain does make it hard to get motivated but lets use the rainy days to get sexy for all the sun!
bjeweled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:57 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Wink

Kosh - The weigh in will be Monday since the month started on Monday...the final weigh in will be the last day of the month...whatever day that happens to fall on

So, it has been a day or two since I have been here...BUT I have my goals set and I'm gonna be sticking to them...starting TODAY! LOL! I know...I know...its the 10th...but better late than never! I joined up at Curves for Women and today will be my first day to go there....I'm super excited. It is going to be a very comfortable and welcoming environment. Only women....so I won't feel ashamed or intimidated by all the men coming in cause there won't be any...plus the work out should fly by cause it is like a circuit workout....at one station for so long then switch...and you go around the circle of equipment twice and do your stretches for a 30 min workout...I'm thinking I can definately go 4 times for an hour workout.

I'm on track with food today too. I'm starting a modified slim fast type diet. Slim-fast drink for breakfast, a 100 calorie snack such as fruit or something for a snack, a 400 calorie lunch, a 200 calorie snack, and finally a 500 calorie dinner for a total of 1400 calories daily.

So...with my BMR around 2,400 calories a day and only eating 1,400 calories per day I'm cutting 1,000 calories a day just in food...that is 2 pounds a week! I'm adding 500 calories of exercise a day so I should lose 3 pounds a week! YAYYYY!!!

Hope you are all having a great month...and even though it isn't the 1st of the month...it is a GREAT time to get on track if you aren't...better late than never right?
McKenziesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:11 AM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKenziesmomma View Post
Kosh - I joined up at Curves for Women and today will be my first day to go there....I'm super excited. It is going to be a very comfortable and welcoming environment. Only women....so I won't feel ashamed or intimidated by all the men coming in cause there won't be any...plus the work out should fly by cause it is like a circuit workout....at one station for so long then switch...and you go around the circle of equipment twice and do your stretches for a 30 min workout...I'm thinking I can definately go 4 times for an hour workout.
Congrats on joining! I used to do CURVES. I did it for about a year. I would go at like 6:00am and be there for just under an hour. Our Curves would only let you stay for the 45 mins or whatever it was. I wasn't a fan of that. I loved the facility and everything about it but I would have rather been able to go more then once a day. People are soooo friendly there and the workout goes so fast! Have fun with it!

I had a great night last night. Got home from work and immediately changed and started working out. I've been doing about 45 mins on the new wii EA sports. I love it! Lots of boxing in my custom workout which I do AFTER the 30 day challenge workout. It's soooo much better then the Wii Fit. I do still use the Wii Fit to weigh in every night! Then I had a really nice salmon dinner with rice and asparagus. I had a couple of hours after dinner to relax a bit which was nice because usually we eat late and go right to bed (BAD!). This morning I had an hour to do house work and got the whole house cleaned even though it wasn't really dirty. But it all feels so good!

The Wii said I was down 2.4 lbs!!! wooo hooo!
Old 06-10-2009, 11:05 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLBeaner View Post
Congrats on joining! I used to do CURVES. I did it for about a year. I would go at like 6:00am and be there for just under an hour. Our Curves would only let you stay for the 45 mins or whatever it was. I wasn't a fan of that. I loved the facility and everything about it but I would have rather been able to go more then once a day. People are soooo friendly there and the workout goes so fast! Have fun with it!

I had a great night last night. Got home from work and immediately changed and started working out. I've been doing about 45 mins on the new wii EA sports. I love it!
Our Curves has crazy hours which is what I don't like about it. It doesn't open till 8am and closes at 6 or 7pm depending on what day it is...and closed Sundays. but...I can go as often as I want and stay as long as I want. I like the little challenges they have there too....I'm in a biggest loser challenge now....and I'm gonna WIN IT!
Old 06-11-2009, 02:20 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 240/230/160

Height: 5'7"

Well here I am. I am so thankful for these goal groups, I really need it! So here's the deal.

#1. Plan. Mostly calorie counting 1250 a day. I am cutting out processed foods. Only solid meats (Chicken, fish, beef). No sugary drinks, tea with 1-2t of sugar. Two veggies/fruit with every meal. One starch per day.

#2. EXERCISE. Since the stairs of my house seem to be my biggest challenge these days (my washer/dryer are in the basement), I'm going to make them my !@#@$ :P So my exercise goal is to start interval training for 20-30 mins a day on the stairs. Doesn't sound like much, but when I'm not completely out of breath from bringing my laundry from the basement to the second floor; I'll be doing a victory dance!

#3. Relaxation - This may sound weird, but I am going to work on learning photography (again!). I am going to try to take 10 nature photos a day.

#4. Water - one 16oz bottle before every meal. water during meals. I am going to try to drink 3 liters a day total.

#5. Declutter - My declutter is going to simply be keeping up with decluttering daily. I'd be a terrible maid. So my goal is to do all the dishes in the morning when I wake up.

#6. Pamper/Grooming. - Once a week: bubble bath, candles, music, glass of wine

#7. Extra area to work on - Spiritual growth, honestly, I'm not sure what this means yet.

#8. Motto - “I am, indeed, a king (queen), because I know how to rule myself.” ~~Pietro Aretino

#9. Goals - 10 lbs

#10. Reward - A night out with the girls.

Last edited by angeleyes317; 06-11-2009 at 02:21 AM.
angeleyes317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:36 AM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKenziesmomma View Post
Our Curves has crazy hours which is what I don't like about it. It doesn't open till 8am and closes at 6 or 7pm depending on what day it is...and closed Sundays. but...I can go as often as I want and stay as long as I want. I like the little challenges they have there too....I'm in a biggest loser challenge now....and I'm gonna WIN IT!
Wow that is really nice! Good for you and best of luck in the challenge. I know that was always fun when I went too. I also enjoyed having the same group there every morning at 6. It was really nice and a great support system. Be sure to do the weigh in and measuring regularly. It is so nice to get the little print out that they give you. Keep it up!
Old 06-12-2009, 09:17 PM   #24  
In it for the long run

S/C/G: 196/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone, just stopping by to give my weigh in for the week. I'm at 166.8, a loss of .6 for the week. Better than I though, I expected to gain. School is now back in full swing, and it's already kicking my butt. I'm leaving really early tomorrow morning to go on vacation, so I've been spending all spare time doing school work because I have to turn in a bunch of stuff early since I won't be here. So I've had no time for exercise and I haven't even been keeping track of my calories, I've just been trying to watch portions. I'm hoping to lose some weight while I'm gone though. We're going to Busch Gardens in Tampa Bay, FL so I'll be doing TONS of walking. We'll be in Busch Gardens from 9:30 am to 9 pm both Sunday and Monday. And I usually don't eat much when I'm at theme parks so that I don't get sick on the rides. I will be eating at Waffle House though tomorrow and Tuesday, it's a vacation tradition. I will also be working out tomorrow afternoon at the hotel's gym, then am planning on going swimming after working out. Hope everyone has a good weekend! I'll try to check back in either Tuesday after I get back home, or Wednesday.
zoochick777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 08:35 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 214/196/175

Height: 5'6"

I know its not weigh in today but I weighed for another challenge and I'm down a lb Yey, thats 181 and 25 gone, seriously tho I just cant stop smiling.

I feel really relieved I met the half way mark, and I know I can keep on going.

I'm so glad I have you ladies to talk too =)

Last edited by Koshinogi; 06-13-2009 at 08:36 AM.
Koshinogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:39 PM   #26  

Hey Ladies,
I'd like to join!

1. Plan - Stick to my 26 WW points daily, with one cheat meal every other week. Doing very well on this. I'm sticking within my points and rarely use my flex points.

2. Exercise - Walk 3 miles with my neighbor 3x weekly. Do higher intensity cardio (treadmill or dvd) 2x weekly. Do strength training 2-3x weekly. My neighbor and I are going earlier without her horse and so the intensity is much higher. Still need to squeeze some strength training in there.
3. Relaxation - Less TV; more reading.

4. Water-I drink 64 oz. a day, so I'll try to up it to a few more pints. It's been so cold lately, I haven't felt like drinking much water, but I'm choking it down and drinking lots of hot tea.

5. De-Clutter - Clear out and reorganize my two spare rooms. Why do spare rooms always collect all the junk of my life? Haven't gotten very far on this apart from moving everything from one room into another.
6. Pamper - I already have a pedi appt. for later this month.

7. I am going to start volunteering this month at a therapeutic riding center. I've been wanting to volunteer for a while and I think this particular group is going to be a good fit for me. I go to orientation on the 13th. Started volunteering today and loved it! A bonus is that I'm getting lots of additional exercise while doing it!

8. Motto - You must do the things you think you cannot do-Eleanor Roosevelt

9. Goals - Lose 10 lbs. Exercise regularly.

10. Reward - New jeans. Mine are starting to get baggy and I'm hoping by the end of the month they will be too big!!

I've lost 1.5 lbs since last Monday. I seem to be bouncing up and down a bit, so I'm hoping with my new exercise regime I'll be able to shift some weight.
Darby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 11:31 PM   #27  
Claiming Victory!

S/C/G: 283/273/245 1st

Still doing this! I am only one pound away from my weight loss goal! I gotta do a new goal. I am very happy. A lady called me skinny last week!! My workout pants are falling off of me and I can't put anything in my pockets or they will fall off of me. Trying to take better care of myself. Tomorrow I am going to get my pedicure. So happy everyone is still in and being motivated and winning this!
LuvMyMr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 09:32 AM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLBeaner View Post
Wow that is really nice! Good for you and best of luck in the challenge. I know that was always fun when I went too. I also enjoyed having the same group there every morning at 6. It was really nice and a great support system. Be sure to do the weigh in and measuring regularly. It is so nice to get the little print out that they give you. Keep it up!

I know I can't wait to get my first print out! I will get it around the 8th of July! I hope I lose alot my first month!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyMr View Post
Still doing this! I am only one pound away from my weight loss goal! I gotta do a new goal. I am very happy. A lady called me skinny last week!! My workout pants are falling off of me and I can't put anything in my pockets or they will fall off of me. Trying to take better care of myself. Tomorrow I am going to get my pedicure. So happy everyone is still in and being motivated and winning this!
congrats on being so close to goal so soon! Sounds like everything is going well for you....I'm glad your going to reward yourself!!! Enjoy your pedi...you have definately earned it!

so far so good here this week. I've almost lost a total of 5 pounds this month...I don't really remember what my goal or my weigh in was even for that matter.....but I'm in a good place right now! Hope everyone is doing well
Old 06-29-2009, 05:11 AM   #29  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

This wasn't a very active thread but since it is the end of the month, I revisited my goals and wanted to update where necessary:

#1 Plan - Calorie Counting using "Lost It" app on my iPod Touch. DONE!

#2 Exercise - 440 minutes/week minimum workout time. These minutes include 3 days of "real" boot camp for an hour each, pilates 3x a week for 1 hour and 2 sessions of cardio) on 2 of the pilates days DONE!

#3 Relaxation - That's a hard one since I am fortunate to have time to do that often. But probably my favorite "relaxation" time is on my deck hanging with the BF!! Maybe I will take a Jacuzzi bath once a week. Didn't do the Jacuzzi in May, so I hope to do it this month!!!! RELAXED A BIT, BUT STILL HAVEN'T TAKEN THAT JACUZZI BATH!

#4 Water - Two - 33.8 oz bottles of Smart Water*plus more in a cup next to my bed at night. DONE!

#5 De-clutter - Will do the yard sale 1st Sat in June....will clean drawers and closets and there still are some to take care of. DONE!! And continued decluttering daily!

#6 Pamper - I already treat myself to a mani every week. Maybe I will tell the BF he "has to" massage me once a week!!! He hates doing it!! DIDN'T HAPPEN!

#7 Work on Meditating - I like it but never seem to do it!!! DIDN'T HAPPEN!

#8 Motto - Keep going!!!! DONE!

#9 Goals - Weight loss - 1 pound a week. And more inches!!! LOST THE WEIGHT AND 6.5 INCHES!!

#10 Reward -*Something new for my bedroom!!!
WON'T HAPPEN! NO MONEY THIS MONTH....although I did buy some really cool expanding jelly ball things to put in a vase with flowers for the room....but still need nightstands, bedside lighting and a new comforter!!

Last edited by Jacque9999; 06-30-2009 at 04:05 PM.
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 06:23 AM   #30  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

1. Plan ~ To calorie cycle between 1200 - 1500 calories. DONE!

2. Exercise ~ 2000 total exercise minutes. 1400 of which will be cardio and the remaining 600 will be Strength Training. DONE & EXCEEDED!

3. Relaxation ~ Fishing on the weekends the ex gets the kiddos! DONE!

4. Water ~ 100oz a day.DONE!

5. De-Clutter ~ Urg...my desk! It needs it terribly. DONE!

6. Pamper ~ I think I may die my hair back completely brown again. Not MET!

7. Meditation ~ Not my thing. However, prayer is. EVERYDAY!

8. Motto ~ May the force be with you! Hehe EVERYDAY!

9. Goals ~ 10lb drop for June and 2000 minutes of exercise. DONE!

10. Reward ~ An exercise ball or new piece of exercise equipment! DONE!
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote