Old 06-11-2009, 07:33 PM   #31  
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Getting There/Healthy

Height: 5' 8"

Wanting to: Don't drop out!!! We don't really care about the scale. I'm not even thinking about it. Just stay with us. We are a great group to help motivate each other to workout.
gatorgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:07 AM   #32  
aka "GOING to"

Height: 5'4"

Thanks Gatorgirl. You were on my challenges last fall, weren't you?
I had a terrible day yesterday. I just can't get anything done because I am in pain all the time, and so my house is filthy and I can't even keep up with just bathing, dressing and eating... much less the messes that are all over the house .
I don't think I am going to be getting to the gym like I wanted to. I don't know what I am going to do about getting more healthy; I can't seem to stay even, much less get ahead. I am going to do some 10 minute challenges today to see if I can just get my house clean.
Ugh.
wanting to is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:22 PM   #33  
waisting away

Don't kid yourself, cleaning the house is a workout. You don't have to go to the gym to be healthy. I would say moving more is all you need, but you seem like you never stop moving. I got up on a ladder the other day and washed all the fans. My arms were definitely sore after that. Housework takes a lot of work.

I have heard that losing weight is 10% exercise and 90% diet. If you want to get ahead I would try just concentrating on one thing. It seems like you're a tiny bit overstretched, so I would try to concentrate on one thing. Eat right and you can add in more exercise when you have time. I lost the majority of my weight while my leg was broken, so I know that exercise is not the only answer.
Old 06-12-2009, 06:28 PM   #34  
aka "GOING to"

I bought a bag of apples :-)

did a couple of loads of laundry... did the dishes.... not much else... but I am not as terribly cranky as I was yesterday. I am just easily discouraged. Yes, I am usually very active. I move constantly.... since my hip has eroded, every step hurts, and consequently, anything I want to do is a big deal. I'm trying to get in a little better shape, but it seems futile sometimes. Today was a rest day on the "No Excuses Workout" and tomorrow, I'll be back on the stepper.
Thanks for the encouragement. I am just not good at being disabled... I hate to whine and that is all I do these days. :-(
Old 06-12-2009, 06:41 PM   #35  
waisting away

I can TOTALLY relate to that. I broke my ankle in Feb and it has been a long road to recovery. I hate not being able to do certain things, and by the evening my ankle is killing me. I am going to physical therapy to get better. Maybe you should give physical therapy a shot. So far it has done wonders for me. They could at least give you idea of exercises to do to diminish the pain. Just and idea. Good luck and welcome back on the wagon.
Old 06-12-2009, 07:18 PM   #36  
aka "GOING to"

Thanks Gator.. I am going to have a total hip replacement right after labor day. Then I hope that a few weeks or months of physical therapy will make me less cranky and more mobile.
In the meantime, I am just watching the clock, so to speak, and trying to stay even until surgery.
<sigh>
thanks for being positive when I am so negative. I hope I can pay you back sometime. :-)
Old 06-13-2009, 10:53 AM   #37  
waisting away

If the scale doesn't start movin' you might have that opportunity to be positive to my negative. lol. Maybe my next workout should be kick the scale till its scared enough to show me the numbers I want.

Glad you're staying. Regardless of working out or not, its great to have you here.
Old 06-13-2009, 02:51 PM   #38  
aka &quot;GOING to&quot;

worked out today.
i can't do the recumbent bike anymore, but I can still do the recumbent stepper. I actually got a good workout today. Using my heart monitor and worked up a sweat. That feels good. Mostly I get pain from moving, so it's a nice change to actually work out hard enough to sweat. <g>
Old 06-13-2009, 05:09 PM   #39  
waisting away

Wanting to: At my physical therapy place you can get a membership, like at a gym and they have machines that you could get cardio without using your hips. There is a bike where you use your hands instead of your feet. That might be an option for you until you get your fancy new hip. I'm glad you feel good about your workout.

Today I did a light workout since its the weekend. 2 miles on the stair climber and 4 miles on recumbent bike. Happy Saturday!
Old 06-15-2009, 09:08 PM   #40  
aka &quot;GOING to&quot;

quiet weekend. anybody here heard about the "No Excuses workout"?
you can probably google it and find out. It is a program of interval training; get your heart rate up for a few minutes, then rest, then repeat, over and over for 30 or 45 minutes. It is quite a workout. It is said to burn more calories than just hitting one speed and staying there for a set amount of time. Anyway, I have been doing it for a couple of week now. The workout is tough, but I feel GOOD at the end of it, not exhausted or painful. Just thought I would toss that out for anyone interested.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:22 AM   #41  
waisting away

I am modifying my workout plan due to advice from my physical therapist. I am not going to focus as much on cardio, but instead on strength training my leg(s). My right leg needs to get stronger and catch up to my left one.
PS Don't break a leg. Its no fun.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:01 AM   #42  
aka &quot;GOING to&quot;

oh gator. that sounds like a lot of work for you. Hope it goes quickly.
i worked out yesterday. did my 45 minutes of cardio, and strength training upper and lower.. i'm sore today.. and hurting.. but I am making progress.
thanks for the encouragemet. my emotions are a roller coaster these days. I am NOT good at being disabled, and am looking forward to/dreading having surgery to fix the problems.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:51 PM   #43  
waisting away

ugh. The gym tonight was SO full. I don't enjoy it when it is crawling with people. I had to go late because I had a test tonight. I am going to go early tomorrow morning and I hope less people are there. I am going down to visit my sister in the keys for about a month. I am joining a gym down there and I will be checking in here frequently. I'm glad you're still in this with me. It helps me to know that I am accountable to someone.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:23 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 156/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Wanting to - I've been reading a lot about interval training lately, specifically high intensity interval training, and tried it today (running with sprints) and it's awesome! Definitely a good way to build endurance and challenge yourself.

Gatorgirl - have fun in the keys! We're all in it for the long haul with you, so you're accountable to us girly Are you still logging your calories and/or trying to eat a little more?
TakingCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:11 AM   #45  
aka &quot;GOING to&quot;

TakingCharge. I am doing a program called the "No Excuses Workout".. I think you can google that name and in find it. I got some DVDs, and access to a website where I can get good information, and have a page of my own to keep track of everything I am doing, and an email list and a web group... more than I need.. or can keep up with.. but the DVDs and the personal web page are very helpful.
if you start it, let me know.