Old 06-01-2009, 09:08 AM   #1  
Suz

S/C/G: 175/128/120

Height: 5'6"

Default W.O.W. Declaration of THINdependence ~ Week 8 (6/1/2009)

Good morning, Ladies!! Didn't see a new thread for the week, so I guess I'll start.

BUSY week, BUSY weekend. Work was nuts, weekend was crazy, but I guess all the nuts and crazy was good because I had a two-pound loss this week. Yeah!!!!

So, how's everyone doing? How's everyone's motivation level lately? Sometimes I find it helpful to take my "motivational pulse" every now and again to see if I need to inject some inspiration into my weight-loss journey... on the days where I'm really motivated (like today), I don't need it so much - but on my low days, sometimes I pull out my original list of reasons why I wanted to lose weight to begin with to review and maybe even add some more reasons. Helps me get back on track!

OK, girls - looking forward to hearing how everyone's doing. Since all my bills are out and work will calm down a little, I hope to be spending more time here with you all, cheering each other onward!

Have a beautiful, blessed, MOTIVATED day!!

W - 62 oz
E - 1300 calories - LOGGED, no exceptions!
E - Gym night planned tonight! Treadmill and upper-body weights...
D - Stay on-plan today!!
RowdyBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:23 AM   #2  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Hey Suz thanks for starting the thread. I had a busy weekend too. and to top it off Makenna was sick. Now I feel like I caught her crud. I have to run my dad to an appt (it is 1 hr 45 minutes away) not looking forward to the trip with this stomach bug.

My motivation is there but it seems like there are so many things giving me problems these days . I hope that once I get my roof on (today) things will start changing for the better.

gotta run and get mak a shirt.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:08 AM   #3  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Morning girls!

Jen - I feel for ya. I spent all saturday with the creeping crud. Hope it subsides, and you are back to good by the end of the day!

Rowdy - Thanks for starting the thread. I went back and posted the link so everyone else could hop over!

I am down to 201.2 this morning. I am weighing for 2 challenges right now, one on Fridays, one on Mondays. Playing a little, "what did you do to yourself over the weekend" game with myself for a few weeks. This weekend, I won.

As Rowdy said.... I will remind you all... It is week 8 of 12! Where's your head at? What are you gonna do right now ~ RIGHT NOW~ as an extra little sumpin towards a healthier you? I am going to get my water, and vitamins, and log my food.

Have a great day girls.... I'll check back this evening!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 12:12 PM   #4  
Suz

Kris, I know how you feel about the weekends. Without the structure of the workday to keep me on track, my weekends end up going haywire as far as calories go. It's almost like it's a drag to plan food on weekends because it's extra work - and who wants to work on a weekend?! Not me!!

I think that if we somehow slip up or forget to/don't want to plan for the weekend's eating, a primary goal should be to just make good choices. No matter what, no matter where we go or what we do, we ALWAYS have the opportunity to look at all our options and make the best choice possible. For example, if we end up going to a restaurant on the spur of the moment, we always have the chance to look at the menu and pick something healthy - or, at the very least, something moderate and eat only half and take the other half home. And skip dessert!

We must find our opportunities, make our good choices, and pat ourselves on the back for doing good things for ourselves in less-than-ideal situations. Every time we get a choice, it's an opportunity.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:29 PM   #5  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

<----trying very hard to psych herself up for day 1 week 1 of the c25k. I am exhausted...
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:48 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

Rowdy- thanks for getting us started.

Nix- WTG on the loss!

JCat- Hope that bug doesn't go through your house

Holy- I did C25K. I enjoyed Robert Ullrey's podcasts. I think about continuing on but feel self consciuos about running out doors. I don't want people to see me.

Good day today. Got my 60 mins of exercise in as per MM; drank liquids; and ate well. Gonna aim for the same tomorrow!
Grazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:50 PM   #7  
The Sky is the Limit!

Come on Holy T! You got this!!!!!

I have spent the day playing emotional junk games in my head. Really tired of no tenderness, tired of having to hint/ask/beg for it, and am beginning to think I deserve more. I bust my arse for others in my world. I am due something that feeds my heart. Moments like this just make me focus harder on me and leave a path of destruction behind me. We'll see what happens.

Totally OP today... except... I am meeting my daddy and step mamma for pizza. We have been TRYING to get together forever. I gotta go get ready. Have built 600 cals into my plan today for dinner (2 pieces????) and hope to come out of it without gobbling up the whole pie.

Last edited by Nixmom; 06-01-2009 at 08:54 PM.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:08 PM   #8  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Here we go with another week girls. I have a better attitude today, thanks to the scale finally cutting me a break. I don't trust this mornings number, so I'm not braggin yet. If I could pound this body into submission, I would do it. I have THE CRAZIEST BODY IN THE WORLD. ggrr!!!

Keep it pumped up girls.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:09 PM   #9  
Suz

Nix - if you're not getting the things that feed your heart from others, give them to yourself. In other words - as hard as it may be sometimes (I know from experience!!) - LOVE YOURSELF. Be good to yourself. Be kind to yourself. Because at the end of the day, the only person you absolutely HAVE to wake up to every single day of your life... is yourself.

HolyT... girl, I will start Week 1, Day 1 with you - tomorrow. On the treadmill. At the gym. I did C25k and was doing great with it a while back, running 5k regularly, until I developed stress fractures! So we'll start easy and slow and repeat weeks if we have to - but I AM ON YOUR TEAM NOW, BABY!!!

Jeni - shake that crud! And even though life is getting you hung up, just keep making those good choices...

Grazer, GOOD JOB being on plan today!

As for myself, I completed all my WEED today except for the exercise bit... which I made up for, a little. I didn't get to the gym, BUT I did my Pilates stuff when I came home. Not great, but something is better than nothing! It's no replacement for cardio and weights, but it is still good for flexibility, posture and toning. I'm glad I have the Pilates stuff to fall back on when stuff gets crazy!

Okay, girls - chores are done, and so I'm going to crawl into bed with a good movie.

Let's have another good day tomorrow - shall we?
Old 06-01-2009, 10:44 PM   #10  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

I hurt so bad I got thru one JOG session and was so out of breath. I did walk another 20 minutes or so though.....i kept up the walking. I'm gonna try again tomorrow morning I think. I have my MK meeting tomorrow evening....so i'm gonna try my best to get up in the am and try again. Even if i start at a slower walk/jog, i've gotta get one in. I feel a little better knowing I got some walking in today. Now i just need dinner.
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:52 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grazer View Post
Good day today. Got my 60 mins of exercise in as per MM; drank liquids; and ate well. Gonna aim for the same tomorrow!
\\Me too, yesterday was a good day. Need to repeat the whole thing for today.

Think maybe my scale needs new batteries, or I need a new scale, jumping around my 3-5 pounds when I step off and back on...hard to trust it when it does that!! No matter, working hard at getting back under 150, I hope for the last time!!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:30 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

Wow!! Week 8 of 12. I don't think i'm going to make my goal of 148. Think i will have to change it. I was taking some of those diet pills (adipex) and had "lost" down to 156. As soon as i stopped taking them, i'm back at 160. 160 is where i keep bouncing around at even though i have been going to the gym for 2 weeks. I remember back last time when i started at the gym and was taking my really hard class 3 times a week, that first month i didn't really lose any "weight", even though i was eating right and working out. But then that second month and there after, i was losing 5 pounds a month. So, i may not lose any "weight" for another 2 weeks but hopefully i'll see half an inch gone. I took measurements yesterday so on july 1st...we'll see. But i definately am not giving up.

WEED:
W:64 ounces
E: 1500 calories
E: 2-3 hours today (want to do kickboxing this morning, then the elliptical/treadmill while girls are in their class, and then a pilates class after their class)
D: just waiting on the pants to fall down...hahaha
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:24 AM   #13  
Suz

Thumbs up

'Morning, girls!

Sooooo tired...

But I've gotten some fun stuff done.

I've managed to get some more boxes cleared away at the house, which is great... and I bought a tomato plant in a pot for my deck, and a flat of cayenne peppers to plant in the flower box on the side of the house! Yay! They will be both functional and decorative... adding bright red color to my side yard and something yummy to experiment with in the kitchen. I hear spicy foods are good for the metabolism...

Speaking of healthy, I also bought some good-for-me snacks. Now that I'm on my own and truly have to answer to NOBODY regarding the food choices available in the house, I was able to stock up on some pretty tasty, healthy things. I'm kind of crazy about fresh veggies, so I bought snap peas (for blanching as a side for dinner or for eating raw), edamame pods (by far my FAVORITE healthy snack), and baked sweet potato chips. Yeah, they were a little pricey - but you know, it's worth it to me to have this kind of stuff on hand so I'm not tempted to make unhealthy choices.

I also got tea - my standby favorite, earl grey, and jasmine tea, which I'm excited to try.

How's everyone doing? On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being not at all, 10 being 100% gung-ho!), what's your motivation level today? I think that today I'm at about an 8...

Okay girls - lots to do at work today, no more babbling... have a fantastic, POSITIVE, good-energy, good-choice-making day!

My WEED for today:

W: 62 oz.
E: 1300 calories, all planned out, no exceptions, LOGGED!
E: Gym day today - hopefully starting C25k, week 1, day 1. Wish me luck!
D: GET TO THE FRIGGIN' GYM.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:29 AM   #14  
The Sky is the Limit!

Morning girls! Read up on the posts... (thanks Rowdy!) but have no time for personals at the moment. Thinking bout you all though. Are lives are so crazy.

Really felt like I needed to post my WEED today and have a check off list so.
W-64oz +
E- 45 minutes walk with who ever follows me out of the house.
E- OP 1500 or less
D- This too shall pass... just focus on me.

K- off to work. BBL. Be Good!
Old 06-02-2009, 09:00 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

I feel like i strayed soooo far off the path today. I ate pretty light today because i was taking my dd out for her birthday. She turned 18 today. We went out for chinese buffet....and i am stuffed!!! And not a lick of excersize today. I was so tired this morning and sooo busy this afternoon. So...gotta get back on plan tomorrow and get to the gym at least twice tomorrow for 2 to 3 hours.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote