Another goal is to be exercising for 30 minutes a day
I also want to declutter my house
Anyone else have any goals?
Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:28 AM   #2  
Baby Stepping Along

Default Newbie here

Hi there,
I'm a newbie (well, returning after a loooooong absence) and looking for some online support. I belong to another board that got me through my major weight loss several years ago but it is languishing so I'm in search of an additional 'home'. I love the idea of a non-weight July 4 goal so here we go:

1. Complete the remaining 2 1/2 weeks of my 5 point baby step plan. I give myself 1 point a day for the following and if I complete 30+ points per week, I am adding $10 to my iTunes account. Points are earned for posting my food plan/actuals each day, drinking 64 oz water per day, 15+ min of intentional exercise, making one or more good/better/best choices during the day and taking 15 min or more for myself. I'm off to a good start in my second week and want to complete 4 full weeks before I either change what I need to do to earn the points or consider anything else for food changes. Trying to get myself back on track. I know what to do but haven't been doing it allllll winter and most of the spring and my clothes are tight to prove it.

2. I dug out my American Volksmarch Association stuff and want to complete at least one event walk in June. That will be a nice 6 mile walk and it will give me a chance to scope out the club and see if I might want to join. There are 2 events by 2 different clubs on 6/6 and 6/13 so ideally I'd do both because I'm considering both clubs for membership. I'm thinking joining one of these clubs might help me improve my weekday and winter exercise consistency by maybe taking initiative to plan group walks that I must then attend.

3. Menu plan every week between now and July 4th. This is key to me getting things done the healthy way. I actually haven't menu planned for this week and I think I'm about to hit the wall again so I will do that tonight.

4. I want a non-eating/exercising goal too....let's see...I will work on 3 or more items on my 'house to-do' list. That would be great!

Peg

Last edited by p7eggyc; 05-27-2009 at 10:30 AM. Reason: adding one more goal
p7eggyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 11:29 AM   #3  
A Whole New World

S/C/G: 172/ticker/122

Height: 5'4"

Hiya, yes I have a few non-weight loss goals too:

1) To go for a jog every day (so far, so good)

2) To drink water every day (so far I've been managing a pint a day but I must increase this!)

3) To declutter and spring clean the house (have started and intend to finish!)
BeautyandtheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:53 PM   #4  
No Fear

S/C/G: 294.6/294.6/280

Height: 5''3

I also have to start drinking water. I hate it. Does anyone know if you add
the Sf powders to the water, if it still counts as water?Another goal is going to be to be drinking at least 48 oz of water by July4th.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:04 AM   #5  
Baby Stepping Along

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
the Sf powders to the water, if it still counts as water?Another goal is going to be to be drinking at least 48 oz of water by July4th.
Tracy,
I know a lot of people use that trick to get the fluids down. There have been some new studies that indicate water itself might not be so important but I still choose to focus on it because I feel like I have better GI health with it and it replaces other things I don't want to be drinking. I don't personally use artificial sweeteners and there is some debate about their role in weight so you might want to consider that. What do you drink instead of water? If I wasn't drinking water (and unsweetened tea), I would be drinking more chai and before I lost weight several years ago, Coke was a major part of my day. It might have been keeping me hydrated but it wasn't keeping me healthy.

I think 48 oz of water a day would be great!

Peg
Old 05-29-2009, 04:37 PM   #6  
No Fear

Peg,
I usually drink diet soda,or crystal lite.I am going to try to keep my goal w/water,because I also heard those sweetners aren't healthy.
Thanks.Tracy
Old 05-29-2009, 04:45 PM   #7  
Baby Stepping Along

Makes sense to me! There is a thread in the 40somethings thread about this issue. There are several non-artificial sweetner suggestions in there. I can't post a link yet but it is in the first page of threads over there.

Peg
Old 05-31-2009, 04:02 AM   #8  
A Whole New World

S/C/G: 172/ticker/122

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
I too hate water and struggle to drink it as it is. What I do and have done since I was in my teens is put a few drops of pure lemon juice in my water and drink it like that - I also drink it with a straw as I find it easier to drink it all that way. You might not like the lemon juice water at first but it is so so much nicer than plain water and so refreshing plus completely natural. Give that a go - that is the only way I can ever drink water.

Last edited by BeautyandtheBeast; 05-31-2009 at 04:02 AM.
BeautyandtheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 09:55 AM   #9  
No Fear

Beauty & The Beast,
Why did I not think of that?
I am going to try that today.
Thank You! Tracy
Old 05-31-2009, 03:22 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 180/166.5/131

Height: 5'3

Deffinatly! My Goals would have to be

losing 12 more lbs by july 4th

drink more water! i need to really aim for that whole 8 glasses a day thing!

clean out my closet. its ridiculous.

fit into the size 13 pants i bought that are more like an 11 cuz they dont quite fit yet! they are my inspiration pants...haha

for the rest of my pants to feel loser and button much more comfortably! =D

have at least a few outings with friends or the bf no more staying in 24/7!

start excersizing. cuz i have yet to. lol. UGH!

Those are all I can think of for now...lol =)
mizmizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 04:30 PM   #11  

Height: 5'11"

My goals:

1. To have finished C25K. I am starting week 5 this week so I am on track to have finished week 9 just a day or two before July 4. So now I have more incentive to stay on track with that.

2. To be able to wear my "skinny" jeans that are hanging in my closet. I can get them on and zipped now, but they are indecently tight and I can't really wear them in public. So I my goal is that they fit well enough to wear in public on July 4 (even though it'll probably be 100 degrees that day).

3. I would like my arms to look better by July 4th.. So my goal is to work out with weights 2-3 times per week until then. I need to go to the basement and dig out my hand weights.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 05:29 PM   #12  
No Fear

I am trying a little bit of fresh lemon juice in my water. It is working. I still have to make myself drink it,because I would rather something else.But, I am doing better,at least w/that goal.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:11 PM   #13  
Baby Stepping Along

Quote:
I am trying a little bit of fresh lemon juice in my water. It is working. I still have to make myself drink it,because I would rather something else.But, I am doing better,at least w/that goal.
Great job! You are doing great. Good time of year to start that habit since it is a bit warmer.

Peg
Old 06-15-2009, 02:05 PM   #14  
Baby Stepping Along

Default How are we doing?

How's everyone doing? I'm hanging in there. Here's an update:

1. Complete the remaining 2 1/2 weeks of my 5 point baby step plan. Doing a 'do-over' on week 4 this week because I traveled on biz last week and 'lost it' a bit. That's ok...slow and steady. Week 4 is looking good

2. I dug out my American Volksmarch Association stuff and want to complete at least one event walk in June. Didn't do either of the ones I was considering. Last weekend I wound up babysitting and this weekend the 'can't be bothered to drive there' attitude beat me. I can still get in a Volkswalk but not an event this month.

3. Menu plan every week between now and July 4th. This is key to me getting things done the healthy way. I actually haven't menu planned for this week and I think I'm about to hit the wall again so I will do that tonight. Doing well on this front. This also fell apart last week with traveling but that's ok. Got it done for this week with a couple new recipes and food is in the house

4. I want a non-eating/exercising goal too....let's see...I will work on 3 or more items on my 'house to-do' list. That would be great! I did go to Michaels to pick up some framing I was having done. Haven't done much else. Need to look at the list again.
Old 06-15-2009, 02:25 PM   #15  
No Fear

Hey Peg,
original goal 30 minutes of exercise by 7/04 I am up to 10 minutes But,before I wasn't moving at all. So I am happy w/the progress.
original goal to start to drink water:I am up to 50 oz,of plain water,and actually like it!
original goal:to fit in size 20 jeans.I will but not by7/04
original goal:to declutter house Didn't start that yet!
Baby steps to goals!
Thanks,Peg for bringing this thread back!Ididn't realize it,but I am making progress!

Last edited by Tracy; 06-15-2009 at 02:31 PM.