Old 06-08-2009, 05:28 AM   #1  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Default W.O.W. Declaration of THINdependence ~ Week 9

Week 9 is here ladies, its time to get that booty in gear and shake it any way you can to burn those calories! ok you get my point. Yesterday was terrible food wise, but today is another day and it will be great! I gotta get ready for work

Holy~I am so sorry about captian.

About the trike~its not about laziness but ergonomics. They are trying to prevent on the job injuries (repetitive injuries). No the people who are getting hurt aren't overweight, (whiners yes). But I have to say My feet hurt less when I get home and my legs aren't so swollen. I prefer the trike to a scooter or golf cart though, then I would really be losing a ton of exercise.

Last edited by jcatron243; 06-08-2009 at 05:39 AM.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 06:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

9 is my favarite number! Gotta try to get back on track this week.

MTig- Calorie cycling sounds like the Wendy Plan from WW. I try to eat 1500 cals per day but to be honest I gave up counting because I was trying to eat intutively. And my reward for that is a #7 gain for this challenge. Started back on WW points yesterday because I can't do it intutivey!

JCat- One day won't matter because you are super active!

Gotta run- gonna be late for work1
Grazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 09:53 AM   #3  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

D-day is here. not up for posting much. i appreciate all your thoughts....
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 12:39 PM   #4  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hey ya'll!!! As the least frequent WEEDer on here, I hope I'm still welcome.

I need to go back and read last week's thread. Amy, I don't know what D day is, but from what I know from facebook, I think I know what it is. I'm sorry baby, I know you love him. I'm really thinking about you today. What a brave choice you're making, a choice you have to make OUT OF LOVE. My sweet, dear friend, I wish you strength. xo

Sorry to change the subject....

I weigh freaking 272. 272. Almost back to my all time high of 296. I weighed 215 at one point. I gotta fix this! I haven't exercised in at least two months. I am binging, eating like crap, drinking too much, laying around, eating too much fast food, letting my fruits/veggies rot instead of eating them.

So take all the crap and throw it out. Now for the plan. Gotta have a plan.

Oh wait, that is what the WEED is for!

W-I'll aim low for starters, 2 liters today. Anything better is a bonus.

E- No excuses, but I might not get any exercise in today. I have a counselling thing at 2p then told Robert, who is at his friend's house for a sleepover, that the same kid can come back and sleep at our house tonight. Unless Mike is wonderful (which he IS) and tells me I can go to the gym and he'll entertain the kids, we'll see. Looks like rain will keep us inside tonight.

E- Ok, breakfast was a big bowl of (stove cooked) oatmeal with brown sugar/splenda mix and a cup of strawberries. Then I got my shower and re heated the rest of the oatmeal and am eating it now. (does that count as a snack or lunch?) I'll probably grab some kind of snack around 1:30, hard boiled eggs (2) and cheese? grapes? Then the aforementioned 2pm counselling appt, so another snack around 4? Fiber one bar? apple slices? then dinner....I'm thinking grilled chicked on salad with lots of veggies. Any ideas on a "different" dressing? I lean towards Italian-type vinagrettes, minus the oil. Snack, if necessary???.....oh how about popcorn bag, the light type.

(good start, may vary)

D- God, grant me the serenity to ACCEPT the things I CANNOT change, the COURAGE to change the things I CAN, and the WISDOM to know the difference. <----I totally apply the Serenity prayer to EVERY aspect of my life, I look at life's challenges a little differently that way.

Recovery is going well. I did have a little setback a week ago. Turns out the "treatment" I was in this whole time is not approved by the Ohio Board of nursing...that to get my license back in good standing, I need to go to a new center...or rehab if you will. I've been clean for 7 weeks (as of last friday). And yeah, I shouldn't be drinking, but I admit I have been a bit, esp the night I found out the last seven weeks of therapy was the "wrong treatment" place. So that's where I'll be at 2pm, at my initial assessment into the new treatment center. Wish me luck!!!

And kick my buttocks into high gear and lets get this weight off! 272. OMG!

I've missed you all. Off to read last week's thread. xo Michelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 01:17 PM   #5  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

girls!

Holy ~ I'm so sorry about Captain. It's a tough choice, I know how you feel, but it's best for him in the long run.

Michelle ~ You are ALWAYS welcome, silly girl! Missed you too. You and I are on the same page, I was slipping last week with the fast food and such but now I'm trying to get back on track. We can do it!

Week 9 already?!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 01:49 PM   #6  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Morning my lovelies!

HOLY- Hugs to you. Boat loads of hugs, them some more and an extra one. It was this time last year my Inga got sicky too.

Michelle - Sooo go to hear from you. I want to say so much, and I am very proud of you. For right now... you press on woman!

Grazie - I was a bad bad girl this weekend food and alcomahol wise. So... scales up for me too. Lets hunker down and fight back, eh!

Mtiggie... hooray for the exit of TOM... I need to really take advantage of this week as he is leaving too to really kick into gear. I have been so motivated and such an under performer.

K ladies... of to save the world.... one budget line at a time. Be good.
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 03:26 PM   #7  
Is On A Mission

S/C/G: Current Weight 250/237.6/140

Good Morning Ladies ~

I have been MIA ..... but now I am back to stay... I finally got a car ...yay...It has taken me awhile to find..but I got one ..ya.... now that I got my new car, I decided to go with new look..hehehe so I went from a brunette to a blonde ya ...so here is a photo of me today and tell me what you think... I am getting a lot of compliments at work. It is crazy...but it totally made my day...

Now I need to work on my body to match my new look ...hehehehe
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Blondejayagoddess.jpg (25.9 KB, 6 views)
JAYAGODDESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 08:42 PM   #8  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

I am researching the calorie cyclying and setpoints, things like that. I must find a way through this plateau, one way or another. I just did Jillian kickboxing and I am dripping wet. Okay the humidity is about 100%, but still. I am also trying to pack in some food, like 1600 calories a day. See if my body responds to more food. I'm grabbing at straws here. HELP!!!

Well, gotta run for now. Work it hard ladies. It is time some of us make some progress, don't ya think???
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 08:48 PM   #9  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

OK Tiggie - just finished a 56 minute walk. BBQ chicken, asparagus and baked tater for dinner. Strawberries for dessert.

JAYA - I think the hair looks great! And there is nothing more fantastic than that sassy feeling new hair brings. You deserve the compliments!

Where's everybody tonight?
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 06:34 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Morning chicks!!

W 100
E Just crunched, no time for Turbo, will have to do something tonight
E OP
D Breathe.

BBL, life is very hectic right now.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:39 AM   #11  
Calorie Counter

Good morning everyone! So far everyone is healthy I might make it to the gym today (depending on how Tommy is when he wakes up! ) I am so excited to go to the gym today.

Mindy~ I did calorie cycling for about six months. It took about a month for my body to get used it before I lost any weight, but it was still only about a pound a week. It is really easy to get into a habit of over eating one day then undereating the next. I would give it a try to break your plateau though. but I don't think it is a good long term plan.

W 100 oz
E 60 minutes
E 1400 cals
Dkeep busy
Old 06-09-2009, 09:41 AM   #12  
Suz

S/C/G: 175/128/120

Good morning, ladies -

Michelle, I'm so glad you're back, and that you're recommitted. Even if you have setbacks - and there will be setbacks - remember that the very next minute after you've realized you've hit a snag is a chance to recommit and get your head back in the right place, restart, clean slate, no points deducted. I'm so glad you're here - we can help each other.

Holy - I've been away for a few days so I must have missed the news, but I have figured it out - I'm so sorry for your loss. I used to moonlight as a veterinary technician at a full-service animal hospital years ago, and I can tell you that it was never, ever an easy decision - but it was always the right decision. I cried right along with the families of every animal we helped to find final peace and relief from their pain. My heart goes out to you, truly.

Hi there, everyone else!

Been very busy, but getting lots done. On Saturday, I dug up all the flower beds at my new place and planted basil, cilantro, rosemary, mint, lemon balm, cayennes, bell peppers and baby sweet peppers. Oh, and roses! Talk about exercise... I was literally starting from scratch, using a pick-hoe and chopping up the earth the old-fashioned way, adding 3 70-lb bags of gardening soil... girls, by the end of the day, I was pooped! On Sunday, I was so sore that all I could do was lay outside on my deck all day and get a tan.

Managed to get to the gym yesterday and start C25k, Week 1, Day 1, w00t! Took it real easy, and I had no pain from my previous injuries. Good stuff! I also took a grocery trip and loaded my cart with lots of healthy food. I feel like I'm really starting to hit my stride again, and it feels pretty darn awesome. I'm down another pound, too!

OK - enough - work beckons me - but wanted to get my WEED in for the day because I missed yesterday:

W: 62 oz (probably will be more, if I hit the gym tonight)
E: 1300 calories
E: Gym tonight - probably exercise bike (no running, it's a rest day) and upper-body
D: Get through my day without moping. (I have started dating again and am disappointed - but not surprised - that men haven't gotten any easier to deal with in the three years I've been "out of circulation." Sigh.)
RowdyBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:51 PM   #13  
Calorie Counter

Michelle, I second what Suz said! We love you and we are glad to see you!

Suz~I am not a gardener but have taken over the yard work from my DH because he isn't doing it (he is in a lazy mode the past couple of months, I don't blame him, I have been mopey too).

Jaya I love the hair! It always feels good to get a new look.

MM~sounds like you need a breather, your post makes me start to pant

Nixie~last night I got home from a HORRIBLE day at work and had a (gulp) beer (shuddering at the carbonation factor) then went to bed.

Grazer, really calorie counting is the best thing that works for me.

back at you shari!

HolyT.

Well I made it back to the gym FINALLY! I feel so good!!!! I decided to try the random incline program on the treadmill at a slow jogging pace. So 30 minutes at 4 mph (2 miles). It was really awsome. Then I hopped onto the elliptical for 30 minutes (2.25 miles). Tommy sneezed ONCE and they told me if he continued to do it they would have had to come to get me. WOW! But I can bring them a doctors note saying he has allergies and he would be allowed to stay. I guess I will have to start getting up early again to work out (or go to the doc and get a note).
Old 06-09-2009, 04:29 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

Nix and MTig- Oh we are peas in a pod, aren't we?

JCat- thanks for the info. Great to see you had an awesome workout

Nursie- Hugs to you!

Jaya- great hair!

Rowdy- Great job on C25k. I hear ya about men!

MM- hope you take time to catch your breath

Holy- thinking of you.

Positives of today- exercised before work, drank water, on plan until I got home from work

Negatives of today- didn't have dinner organized as I usually do, DH is doing the guy thing, the kids are acting out. So, Grazie starts grazing while getting dinner ready and blew everything to heck! For me at this point it's beyond motivation. It's about discipline and committment; neither one I'm feeling much of. Oh well, I'm counting points so I guess I'll log in a pile of my flex. Problem is I don't know what I ate, sighs. I hate guestimating!

That's my rant for the day.
Grazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:05 PM   #15  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

hey I was back to my lowest today, 188.6. What will tomorrow hold??? I need to get past this point and closer to 185. Is that too much to ask. I am getting ready to go for a quickie 1 miler, then come home and do some Jillian cardio.

Tomorrow my friend and I are going to run the route for the 5k we're doing Sat. Hope it doesn't rain. Gotta run.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote