Old 06-02-2009, 05:54 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 208.6/185/160

Height: 5'7"

I had been eyeing up the Gold's Gym program as well. For anyone who's using it how do you like it? How does it compare to the other popular programs?
Hlthgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:08 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 270.6/161.0/150

Height: 5'8"

Does anyone find the resistance band completely wimpy? The leg workouts have been kicking my butt (literally ) but the arm stuff? Nothing!
momof5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:00 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 217/179.6/140

Height: 5'4"

I used my own resistance band today and felt like I had a much better upper body workout. The resistance band doesn't seem to have much resistance but otherwise love the game!

hlthgrl, I also have Golds Gym Cardio and yes, I like it as well. it's pretty much all boxing but I like the boxing. It starts a little slow but once you get everything opened up it's really good IMO.
melwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:04 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 211/ticker/165

My band is destroyed - my cat got a hold of it and chewed it up (I've been on poop patrol since then yuk). She tried to make off with the leg band the other day so I've had to place them up on a shelf.

I went camping over the weekend with my dd GS troop and am exhausted - will be getting back on track Wednesday. I did a lot of hiking, chopping wood and running around. I am done!

I did notice some of my back fat was MIA so something must be working.

I lost 10lbs in May for a contest at work (BL type event). Lost out to a woman who lost 16 - she ran and went on WW Momentum.

Should we start a new thread for this month?
Momofsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:01 PM   #95  
video game junkie

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Welcome Melwolf and Momof5k.

As for the question about the band in EAS Active, it IS really wimpy. I did move the handles further down the band and it seems to be registering the movements a little bit better than before.

I wish I could remember which website, somewhere like 1up or gamespot, but there was a thread about people replacing the band with their own, and a point was brought up that the calories burned wouldn't register the same with a different band. Not sure how much truth there is to that, but seems to me it would be such a menial amount that it wouldn't be that much of a difference.

As far as a new thread for June... I kinda like that idea, since we're up to 7 pages already. Should we create one?

Last edited by Lissus; 06-02-2009 at 10:26 PM.
Lissus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:46 PM   #96  

I have a Bodybugg so I don't really pay attention to the calories the game gives me anyway. My BB is much more accurate I think.

If your cat eats the leg band you can get a replacement pack at Game stop and I think they make one that comes from EA also.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:53 PM   #97  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

I REALLY like the Gold's Gym Cardio Workout game. DH and I have been using it since it came out. Both of us are enjoying it and getting a good workout! You MUST enjoy boxing to like this game - the other exercises are pretty much an afterthought. The shape boxing is GREAT!. I am able to work in my target zone and have fun at the same time.

The ONLY issue I have with the game is that it does't always read the movement and registers as a miss when I have DEFINITELY completed the punch. If you are a perfectionist, this can drive you nuts - once you get past this imperfection and realize that a perfect score is tough to achieve (particularly on the ducking and weaving moves), it is GREAT!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:58 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 270.6/161.0/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissus View Post
Welcome Melwolf and Momof5k.

As far as a new thread for June... I kinda like that idea, since we're up to 7 pages already. Should we create one?
Thanks for the welcome! And I agree, a new June thread would be a great idea!
momof5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:19 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 315 heighest/Feb09 286/254/150

Height: 5ft 6 inches

Question for EA users. If you replace your band with a regular band what level tension did you go for? I can't stand the one that came with it because I feel like I'm either not getting any work out at all or about to pull it in pieces. :P Definitely going out tomorrow to get a new one.

Plus does anybody else arcade DDR? I've got DDR for the house but I never play it because the mat's so slick (especially on the wood floors) and I really love DDRing on the arcade standup versions.
Misora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:51 AM   #100  
~Cupcake

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/130

Height: 5'3''

I have my mat for DDR duct taped to my floor to prevent movement, and I use it often enough that having it taped down isnt a burden. I love arcade DDR machines cause they offer some of the best songs to play. Sadly there is only one machine left in town and thats at a pizza place :/
Plexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 07:18 AM   #101  

Thanks to those who posted re: the Gold's Gym program. I am sure I would enjoy this. I think I'll be adding it to my "game library" immediately!

My opinion on the bands...the one that comes with it is flimsy but you can shorten it by standing on it etc. If the band itself doesn't seem suitable a new one would be great. The difference in calories burned would be negligible. It would be like the difference between calories burned from lifting a 2 pound weight as compared to a 10 pound weight. You would burn more calories with a stronger band but it's not going to make that much of a difference while doing the exercises. You would get stronger though and use more muscle which burns more calories at rest so it wouldn't be a bad thing to try.

I have a variety of bands and tubing so I think I'll break those out tomorrow. they range from light to xtra strong resistance. I have something to work towards I guess!
Old 06-04-2009, 03:01 PM   #102  
video game junkie

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Ok I'll admit it. I've been sick this week and slacking on my exercises a bit, been sticking OP with WW, though most of my points yesterday were spent on coffee while driving all over the place with a friend.

Today 30 minutes WiiFit (yoga and aerobics)

EAS Active day 8 of the 30 day challenge. Lots of arm work today, a dance routine, tennis and inline skating, some side to side lunges and jumps and of course..... running

I'm going to have to pick up the pace if I'm going to complete the 20 workouts in 30 days.

Last edited by Lissus; 06-04-2009 at 03:03 PM.
Lissus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 03:03 PM   #103  

I'm afraid to do EA today it's talking about jump lunges which do NOT sound like fun! Maybe I'll do golds gym and yoga booty instead

Last edited by melwolfe; 06-04-2009 at 03:03 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:20 PM   #104  

the jump lunges and jump squats were intorduced to me the same day! And they threw in a little inline skating as well. Ouch! But I was thankful for it afterwards. I had a session with my personal trainer yesterday so I took a rest day from the EA but I was pleasantly surprised how well I did. My workouts with huim are an hour long and are very challenging boot camp style workouts. I stepped it up a lot from our previous session which unfortunately was over 2 weeks before. due to scheduling I think yesterday was the last day I can train with him but I am confident now that with the EA I can keep my fitness level up. I was sooo excited about that!
Old 06-04-2009, 07:22 PM   #105  

Was rest day on EA Sports active for me today so I'll probably do the stepper later tonight.
I was introduced to the jump lunges a couple days back and man were they tough on my knees. Thankfully the jump squats didn't seem to be as bad.
dorkabrain is offline   Reply With Quote