Old 05-24-2009, 09:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/169/145

Height: 5'5

Default Video Game Challenge

It looks like a lot of people use the Wii or DDR or something similar to workout. Anybody up for a "video game" challenge?

Every day for 30 days do some sort of workout using a game system, any game for any amount of time, & the post here with what you did & for how long!

If you're in make a start post with what games/systems you have!
vertigoskyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 09:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/169/145

Height: 5'5

WiiFit
Gold's Cardio Gym
Wii Sports
Yourself!Fitness
DDR
Eye Toy Kinetic
vertigoskyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 12:48 AM   #3  
video game junkie

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Ohhh. I want in on this

WiiSports
WiiFit
EA Sports Active and hopefully picking up My Fitness Coach next week.

I just started the EA Sports Active 30 day program at 198 lbs. I'm on day 4, but it's my TOM so my weight is a little erratic. Only down a pound so far, but hoping that'll kick in for a big loss next week.

Been interchanging between WiiFit and EA. Starting with yoga and aerobics on WiiFit, shifting to the EA program, then back to WiiFit for a few games, cooldown and body test.

Wish EA had a scale and BMI option like the WiiFit does, but it works well this way for me anyways, because if I'm not overtired at the end of the EA workout I just play some more games before calling it quits.
Lissus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 06:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 208.6/185/160

Height: 5'7"

I have a lot of video game type workouts but I will be using EA Sports Active and Wii Fit. I also plan to do cardio either outside or on the elliptical machine. I am starting the 30 day challenge on EA Sports Active today and will be using Wii Fit for yoga and balance games.

I am really looking forward to this as posting keeps me more accoutable.
Hlthgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 07:02 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/186/140

Height: 5'8

oh oh oh i wanna play (so to speak!) lol
I just got a wii fit. Ive been looking for DDR but couldnt find it in stores!
Ive heard fitness coach is supposed to be good but havnt played it yet.
I always started with a fitness test, aerobics, muscle then yoga....would there be a better more effective order to do them in? Have you seen a difference in your body so far? I have to double check when im standing cos the board makes you lean forward. i feel like im in a michael jackson video

xxx
kittyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 07:46 AM   #6  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Well I have three platforms. But I only have fitnessesqe games for the xbox 360 and the Wii.

DDR and Lips on the 360
Wii Fit
Jillian Michaels
My Fitness Coach
Wii Sports
and I plan on getting Wii Active pretty soon.

I do the My Fitness Coach cardio three times a week and squeeze the others in from time to time. But for the challenge I can swing some "fitness" gaming in everyday. So I'm in!
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 08:01 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 211/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Wii Active Life - 30 Day challenge and other outdoor items (walking, bike). I initially lost 8 lbs on my own then have been gaining/losing the same half pound. Hopefully this will be the difference.

What food plan are you all following?

May Goal - Onederland - I have 3 pounds to go.
June and July - 10 each.
August - maintain (busy month)
September - December to 165

Last edited by Momofsteel; 05-25-2009 at 08:02 AM.
Momofsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 08:07 AM   #8  
There is no spoon!

Momofsteel ~ I'm not really following a "plan", rather just trying to stay within 1200 to 1400 calories a day and making healthy choices and practicing portion control.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:12 AM   #9  

Whats the Jillian Michaels game like as i cant find any reviews on it.
Also which would reccommend was the best fitness game that gives you more variety, ill look into buying one today.I use my wii fit on the days i cant get to the gym. Ive let my exercise slip the last month so ill be getting back into it today. I started yesterday with a 4 mile speedwalk

xxx
Old 05-25-2009, 08:21 AM   #10  
There is no spoon!

To be honest, I haven't even taken the plastic off. All the reviews I read were really bad, even user reviews were bad. Plus I started the My Fitness Coach and loved it, so haven't felt the need to open it. But Wii Active is getting great reviews, which is why I want to pick that one up as well. I usually go to gamespot.com or IGN to get my reviews, more so user reveiws on gamespot and the professional reviews on IGN! But seeing as I don't have the Wii Active yet, I would recommend the My Fitness Coach. That lady kicks my butt with the cardio.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:45 AM   #11  
Slowly getting there

S/C/G: 227/ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

I'm in for this challenge!

Wii Sports
Wii Fit
DDR

I'd like to get another one, but haven't picked it out and games get expensive. I could really use the motivation of a challenge like this to make sure I turn on a game everyday.

KittyCat: You shouldn't be leaning forward on the board. Is it during the body test that this happens? I used to lean a little forward during it, but figured out that I could move my feet forward on the board and I'd be closer to the center. Other times I don't worry about it because it never gets on to you for being off center from front to back. So I just make sure that I'm good left to right.
Talina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 08:50 AM   #12  

Oh no i wasnt leaning crazy forward.lol. When it does your body test and it shows you how off centre you are, i felt like i was gonna fall off the board as i didnt realise i wasnt standing up straight enough. My fitness age was terrible though, need to get that down
Im currently looking for a cheaper way to buy the EA Active, it looks amazing.
The only thing i dont like about the wii so far is that you can only go at a certain speed when it comes to the step class. I do feel like my arms are going to snap of when doing the push up/side hold thing. I think it gave me mini biceps but you can only see them from an angle...in a certain light...when i tense my arm....which is not very often :/ lol
What console is DDR for? Is there something similar for the wii?

xxx
Old 05-25-2009, 09:00 AM   #13  
Slowly getting there

S/C/G: 227/ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

You can get DDR for any console. I'm not a huge fan of the Wii version just because I like the music on PS2 better. The Wii one has a lot more songs that are supposed to be fun for the whole family.

I need to do more of the strength training. I usually avoid that menu. Maybe I'll make a goal of at least 10 minutes of strength games a day.
Talina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 09:01 AM   #14  
There is no spoon!

DDR is a multiplatform title, meaning it is has ports for different consoles. Though I'm not sure if it is available for the Wii or not. It does require the mat though. I prefer the 360 port because of the DLC available and I prefer the interface of the 360.

Last edited by Delphi; 05-25-2009 at 09:04 AM.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:59 AM   #15  
There is no spoon!

May 25 ~Wii Fit [Aerobics & mini games] 40 minutes--Wii Sports [Boxing & Tennis] 30 minutes

Last edited by Delphi; 05-25-2009 at 05:39 PM.