3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   G2009 - Reflections Thread #2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/171746-g2009-reflections-thread-2-a.html)

Enygirl 05-14-2009 08:39 PM

G2009 - Reflections Thread #2

Hey girls we hit our 500 posts - so here's the new one! :D

Today for me was ok. I didn't do a whole lot really. I was SO tired this evening - Joe took Hunter to her softball game and I took a nap :yawn:

On a sad note I believe that the power cord on m really old lap top is going out. :( I'm going to have to somehow get a new one. I'm thinking Ebay... Maybe :santa: will bring me a new laptop for Christmas... :lol: Here's hoping.

Alright time to get Hunter to bed... I'll be back later/tomorrow! :D

StNessa79 05-14-2009 10:34 PM

I'll send my weigh in now to be on the safe side. I can't believe it's going to be Friday already! I don't have any time left for packing and all that not fun stuff! I'm hoping I feel better by Sunday because if I'm the same as right now I'm going to have a horrible time. :(

McKenziesmomma 05-15-2009 09:57 AM

Hey girls! I'm going through some stuff today :( I took a diet pill so I don't eat all day long...so hopefully that will be a good thing.

I'm really kind of disappointed in myself on alot of things. I feel like I have this beautiful daughter and instead of playing with her or doing the things I need to do I sit on this computer all day. I have become a slave to this computer. I get on it and I plan all the stuff I'm gonna do.....I'm gonna lose weight, keep the house clean, stick to a budget, and just do all kinds of stuff I need to do....but I don't do any of it....I just sit here on myspace/facebook/3FC/etc.....It is amazing how quickly a whole day can be lost.

Me and the hubby had a big argument last night......not really over being on the computer but just kinda stuff not getting done.....he works all day and comes home and the house isn't clean...and then I said I didn't feel like cooking dinner...so he cooked dinner....and I definately see his point of view...if I worked all day then had to come home and cook and clean while he just sat here on the computer all day I would be pissed off.

So...I'm still going to try to get on here but I'm limiting my time to 15 minutes in the morning....15 minutes after lunch sometime....and 15 minutes in the evening sometime....I still want to come up with the mini-challenges, and participate in challenges and stuff, and give and get support...but I won't be able to post as often....and somedays I may not post at all...I have to get my priorities together....right now I'm not making any progress on anything. :(

So anyways...just wanted to let you all know in advance that I won't be here as much....but don't worry about the mini-challenges and weigh ins and stuff...cause I will still be here...just not as much!

JasonsLea 05-15-2009 10:14 AM

:wave: girls!

Oh I know, big surprise, Shari's awake early in the morning! :lol: I actually got to bed at a decent time last night. I have a appointment at 11 am and I have to go to Wallyworld to get some money orders and other things. So I'm down 1 lb this week, I can and will do much better next week. I got my hair chopped off a few days ago, first time it's ever been this short. I'm probably going to the movies this weekend so I'm going to press it and make it look somewhat decent. TTYL!

Enygirl 05-15-2009 10:16 AM

Mel - i completely understand... and you're right - you cannot accomplish anything thing by saying you're going to do it. and "TRY" is a 3-letter word for not doing. If we could burn the calories needed to lose weight by typing it'd be all good... :) Plus I understand that you need to take care of your family. I honestly think that you'll find if you start doing the things you say your going to - clean the house, cook for your family, spend time with that beautiful baby etc. - you'll feel better about you - your hubby will feel better and you'll start treating yourself better.

Don't worry about posting as much - if you need to limit your time on here hten do it! We love oyu, and we'll be thinking of you!!! But you'll burn more calories running around w/ McKenzie then keeping up with us - and truthfully you'll have a TOn more FUN! :hug:

freshmanweightorbust 05-15-2009 11:25 AM

~I'm with you on that, Melissa, it's an easy trap to fall into. I think timed mini-sessions are a great idea, and I hope you get everything straightened out.

~Shari - one pound is great! Every pound makes a difference. How much length did you get cut off your hair? I had over a foot and a half taken off one time and went from hair down to my hips to a chin-length bob all at once. It took me years to get up the resolve to grow my hair out again, and now, at bra-strap length, it's the longest it's been in five years. Do you find that you use less shampoo? I did :)

~ I have been SO on plan this week, except for being on the high side, but not over, on Tuesday, which I'd planned for. I've walked 30-60 minutes a day the last few days, and done my 55-minute exercise DVD three times since Tuesday. I've been doing really well with my eating, too, and a peek at the scale shows that I must be really diligent and keep this up, because the weekly weigh-in is going to be a good one. :)

I'm so happy today! I don't know why, but I like it!

Ufi 05-15-2009 03:49 PM

It's been a bad week for me. I weighed in after the swelling went down, and I was up THREE pounds this week. It just was overwhelmed by the feeling that the weight loss is all too much for me to accomplish, that I work so hard to lose a pound and then can so easily gain it back. I feel like I don't have what it takes to lose and maintain. I've been eating terribly, and I've exercised only once this week, for an hour. I want to get thin and get off the blood pressure medicine, but I guess I must not want it enough. :(

McKenziesmomma 05-15-2009 05:39 PM

Hey all! Just a quick check in before the hubby gets home....(I gotta go get dinner on the table...LOL)

I have had a pretty good and productive day today....I got lots of laundry done and plenty of cleaning.....McKenzie and I went to the park and we played and she got to swing.....it was alot more fun than just sitting here in the house all day....

I was feeling kinda down this morning and was afraid I may binge eat or eat emotionally....so I took a diet pill...I have hardly eat anything at all today....I will be sure to eat a good dinner (and healthy too)

Take care everyone...see you tomorrow!

diary 05-15-2009 08:58 PM

Hey there all! I took today off working out, but did do 30 min gardening out on the side of my house. There was a lot of moving around due to all the big weeds out there. And I was sore today - the glutes, calves, quads, hamstrings, arms... did not think I worked out that hard this week, but I guess I did. It was a good sore though.

It's great to see the new thread. I think I have been more on plan, food wise the past 2 days than in a while. It feels good to be back on track! I know I can get these next few pounds off!

Koshinogi 05-16-2009 02:01 PM

Hey all, just been to a wedding, and did so well with food, the bride is a veteren slimming world go-er so chose buffet finger foods, chicken wings, ribs, slamon kebabs, loads of salads, potatoes and some gorgeous grilled chicken, so I chose chicken and salad, mmmm, little bit of chocolate brownie but hey its a wedding, I didnt drink any alcohol as I was driving so fresh orange all the way =) I feel good about today, and hopefully It will show on weigh day.
I did a couple of Jillian workouts, 30ds and banish, and been moving so much at work, so burned a good few calories more than normal I think.

Well Monday will tell.

Anyhoo hoave a great weekend, and Mel, Good luck with the restricted time, its easy to slip back to bad habits, but I think you will find that with a little un running around if you focus on her and your dh you will soon get into a good habit and the computer will be 2nd. I used to spend hours playing online games, (I'm not kidding I frequently did 18hour stints on here, eating pizza whilst playing) I did this for almost 3 years, only at weekends but at least 5-6 on an evening after work. One day I jsut quit. now I still play games but only once my house work is finished and I've done the important things, and no later than 10pm or I cant sleep.

anyway cya :hug:

Enygirl 05-16-2009 09:56 PM

Hey girls! I had a crazy day today - but I'm happy to say it's day 5 of being on plan.

Right now I'm irritated w/ Joe though... he was supposed to go grocery shopping YESTERDAY - and then Hunter and I were gone ALL DAY today - and still NO FOOD in my house! :mad: Now - him and I were supposed to spend time together tonight - and he's been sleeping for the last 2 1/2 hours. I'm just bummed. :( Plus my hormones are raging today... UGH!!! UGH UGH!!!! And tomorrow is Hunter's recital so we're going to be separated most of the day again - I just want time with my husband! UGH!!

Stupid hormones... being pregnant.... being busy... ugh.

Ok - I'm done for the night - i'm going to go sulk all on my own and go to bed soon. :( Hopefully I'll be in a better mood tomorrow.

Primm 05-17-2009 11:13 PM

I'm back! My computer died (Eny, did you get that laptop cord yet?) so I haven't been around. And the stupid IT guys at work have 3FC blocked as a "social site", yet I can still get onto youtube. Go figure.

Anyway, I'm here! But that's why I haven't weighed in for a few weeks.

Melissa - do what is best for you and your family. Plus, like Eny said, you'll burn off more calories doing housework than typing on the computer! If this was an effective weight loss tool I'd be under 100lb by now - I've spent the last week on Photoshop editing jobs from the last month that I haven't been able to do. All done now though, thank goodness.

Off for a run. Cheers chickies!

PS Look at my ticker - I'm over halfway! Woohoo!

heather1979 05-18-2009 01:22 AM

Hi girls!

Melissa- I know how you feel! Thats why I havent been getting on here mucbh lately, I feel like all I do is spend time on this darn computer and yes a day can fly by. I already spend enough time on it because my school is online. I feel like I plan this or say im gonna do that and I do none of it either.
I also sometimes have a hard time getting this site to load, not really sure why its the only one.
What ever happened to Dixie?

McKenziesmomma 05-18-2009 03:58 AM

Heather - I'm not sure what happened to Dixie...she had alot going on in her life...always seemed like one thing after another...I'm sure she will be back soon. As for Fauxtini, she said she was coming back soon...I think her hubby is still in. I know she logs on to her myspace so I'm not sure why she doesn't come on here??? Maybe it was the same thing with her...too much time on the computer.

Well....not much going on here. I couldn't sleep, so I thought I would get up and sey hey. I'm looking forward to weighing in today. I did pretty good this weekend actually! :D I guess I had to start somewhere....I think not getting on the computer as much has helped. We actually got out of the house alot this weekend. We are having a yard sale this coming Friday and Saturday!! I'm excited...we always make lots of $$$$$ !!!! Guess I have good junk...LOL!

So anyways.....I will be seeing everyone a little later when I weigh in and also post the next mini-challenge!!!

Man this thread sure has slowed WAYYYYY DOWNNNN! :?:

Enygirl 05-18-2009 09:07 AM

Sorry that I disappeared for awhile girls. Hunter had her dance recital yesterday - and she was SO FREAKING CUTE!!! But it definately made for a very long day! Then my friend came over to hang out and watch a movie. PHEW!

It has slowed down a lot in here... it seems to do that the 2nd half of the challenge. Today is the end of week #5 - and there's only one weeks left! I haven't received ANY weigh ins (except Nessa who weighed in before she went on vaca) Get on the ball girls! :D

Things on this end are going good... I can't wait until the baby's born though... I'm getting really excited!

Alright - I have a day full of house cleaning, and crafting before Hunter and Joe get home. I'm also hoping that I get a call back from the interview that I had last week. They said they were going to decide who to call back for second interviews end of last week, beginning of this week - and if I didn't hear from them by the end of this week to contact them. I just hate the waiting game! UGH!

Alright - off to get my chores done. :wave: