Old 05-05-2009, 08:01 PM   #16  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

okay girls. Calories are good for today. Did a 30 min. walk with my friend. Then when she was done I did a mile run in 12 min. Got my food in and my exercise.

I have to go watch tv now, so this is short. SOrry!!! But one last thing to say.

Kick some butt girls!!!
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:20 PM   #17  
Suz

S/C/G: 175/128/120

Height: 5'6"

Oh, man, I didn't realize how much I MISSED you girls!! We have quite a bit of catching up to do, don't we?

((((SHARI!)))) How you been, girl?? Looks like you moved! I'm getting ready to move - two weeks! I posted on the Introduction thread - sort of the "Reader's Digest" version of what happened to me - but I'm so ready to put that all behind me and MOVE ON.
I guess, in a way, I kind of lost 165 pounds, didn't I...?

SO! I did not get to the gym tonight as planned, BUT I do plan to go tomorrow morning, since I can't seem to sleep past 5 a.m. anymore... PLUS I have bellydancing class tomorrow night, which is always fun and an awesome workout. I love the way bellydancing makes me feel: earthy, vital, sexy. And that kind of dance just LOVES girls with hips and boobs, like me!!

OK, girls - enough for me tonight - I have packing to do, laundry to put away, and sleep to be had.

See you tomorrow!

p.s. Did I say yet how good it feels to be back??
RowdyBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:55 PM   #18  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

WOOT! Look at the action here! I love it!

Just finished 30 minutes of cardio. 40 throwdown situp thingies... turned down BF's offer for dinner at our favorite burger joint (check, check, Mtiggie~ is this thing on.... note 1 NSV for me) and we just found out that the owner of the place just purchased the burger place out by our house...

Lady - do you KNOW Steve's burger on Santa Fe? Yeah, thats the place. He just bought Chris Burger in Winchester.. much to my chagrin.

Anywho... Suz... going to go read your info on the intro. But glad you have graced the thread again.

JAYA - I totally applaud you for the friends with the ex thing. Mindy knows about that as well. I think that it shows maturity and is especially excellent if you share kids from that relationship. I wouldn't date my BF unless he made an effort to get along with the mothers of his kids. I think its huge. Good for you... now go get HOT for that dress girlie!!

E32 - so proud you are getting here! and thanks for partnering in daily posting!

NCHELLIE!!!!! - my gambling story buddy. BF said "Laughlin" and I thought Nchelle would love it! So happy you are back with a bit of giggle in ya.

Okay.. gotta go shower and watch TBL ~ dang California always 2 to 3 hours behind.

Be Good to Yourselves! Later!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:56 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 180/180/160

Hi ladies!!!

Have been dealing with major family issues and moving into my new place since Friday!! Considering all of the stress that I have been under, I managed to stay on my eating plan and get to the gym. I feel so bad that I haven't posted, but I thought about everyone. Things are smoothing out, so this is a great week for me to refocus my energy. I haven't gotten on the scale this week (still packed away!), but I do feel a bit lighter, so I think I may be down a pound or two. I definitely have to unpack my scale tomorrow! So all in all, even with all the chaos going on right now, I still feel pretty good about my staying on track with my weight loss. Seeing how motivated everyone is has given me such a boost, it's so wonderful! I know we are all going to kick butt this week!!!

Goals For The Week:

1. 45 minutes minimum cardio
2. run 1 mile daily
3. drink 160 oz. of water
4. check in daily

I'm really excited about this week and weeks ahead. I think we are all getting closer!
FABlynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 06:19 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

My weight continues to track in the wrong direction, so, really need to sort that out, but think it's just body trying to get used to a bit different WOE. Was trying to get away from low-carb, but may give up on that soon if the weight continues to climb.

Rowdy, welcome back.

Fab, glad you are here. Stress, we understand!!

NMich, we have missed you!!

Kris - you always make me smile!

Mindy, you make me tired!

Grazer, I so want an exercise group with ya'll. I found one for one night a week, that's going to have to be enough for now.

All I missed, sorry, but must get moving or will not have time for crunches.

W 100 missing this the last few days, suck it up.
E OP, I think maybe it has to be the low carb plan, was trying combining, but appears to make me bigger.
E Crunches, stairs, walk at lunch if it's not raining. Video tonight
D Focus dammit.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:21 AM   #21  
Suz

Thumbs up

'Morning, girls -

Still feeling pretty good, although I didn't make it to the gym this morning. I just could NOT sleep last night (yes, Fab, understand your stress!!!) and so this morning getting out of bed was a big ol' chore. Excuses, excuses, I know...

I bought something fun - it's a water bottle that holds 62 oz. of water, and it's got little marks on one side that say "hour 1, hour 2, hour 3" and so forth, and on the other side little marks for increments of 9 oz. each. Basically - it helps me keep a water-drinking "pace" during the day. I think this will be a useful tool!

@NurseMichelle - hope you're hanging in there, hun. Take it a day at a time... a minute at a time... even a second at a time, if that's what it takes...

@Nixmom - your energy is absolutely CONTAGIOUS!!

@Shari - good luck with your unpacking... shame you don't live closer, I'd be bumming boxes from you!

@Everyone else - have a FANTASTIC day! Remember, every time you have a choice is an opportunity to do something good for yourself - and good choices add up to great results.

W - 62 oz - with the help of my new water jug!

E - 1300 calories, and keeping track with my CalorieKing food diary

E - Belly dance class tonight, w00t!

D - Today is a new day and another step toward a better me.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:02 PM   #22  
e32

S/C/G: 169/157/135

Height: 5'3"

hi everyone...it's nice to see some enthusiasm! (thanks nix for kicking our butts into gear)!!!!

i'm going to keep my weed pretty much the same as yesterday:

W 64 and no soda ()
E 1 hour swimming
E healthy food, healthy PORTIONS
D one more day of doing this!

missed you michelle, glad to 'see' you

rowdybliss, good to see you here too...your new water bottle sounds awesome, where did you find it?

lynne, glad you're back...i think you joined when i was mia...looking forward to getting to know you better

jaya, i think it's great that you're happy for your ex and you've been able to be friends. keep up the good work and you're going to look great at the wedding i understand your pepsi cravings...mine are for coke zero...i'm trying an experiment to see if my cravings for other sweets are less when i'm not drinking soda (i read about that somewhere)

grazer, have fun with the wii fit...you and jaya are lucky, i'd love to have a wii fit (and guitar hero--haha)

mm, how long have you been doing low carb...sometimes it takes the body a bit to adjust to a new diet. i had to eat a no-carb diet for 3 months (for health reasons) a couple years ago and it was so hard...i don't know how people do it...i love bread and bread related things! whenever i cut carbs, i do tend to lose weight, but it's not sustainable for me, when i add the carbs back the weight comes back. i'm just not willing to give them up forever, so i just eat a healthy way that i could continue forever...this feels the most stable to me...but you have to decide what is best for you. good luck with this--may we all find a successful eating plan

nix, good for you turning down the burgers...that's a hard one for me when my friends want to eat somewhere like that...hope you're doing well...thanks again for helping me get here everyday!

anyone hear from jeni or ht?

i'm off to the pool--have a great day everyone, talk to you tomorrow!

Last edited by e32; 05-06-2009 at 02:18 PM.
e32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 05:40 PM   #23  
Suz

Found the water bottle at Happy Harry's, which is our local drugstore chain - which was just bought out by Walgreen's, so presumably a Walgreen's store would have it, too. Seems to have worked, too - I finished all my water for the day! I think it's easier for me when I pace myself.

As for exercise... well, I have my belly dancing tonight, but I think I've burned enough calories doing the pee-pee dance to the bathroom all day! I guess my body will adjust itself to drinking so much water.

TOM approaches, and so do the cravings... I want nothing more than to eat a greasy old grilled cheese sandwich loaded with pickles. Awful!

How do you girls deal with your cravings??
Old 05-06-2009, 06:37 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

MM- Focusing is half the battle for me. Hang in there!

E32- Love wii fit and guitar hero. DH is addicted I'm sure! I notice you're in the 150s. WTG!! That's been my goal since forever!

Rowdy- Great water bottle. Would love to try belly dancing. Do you do videos too? I like what you said about choice

I had two NSVs today. Walked today instead of shopping, when I really wanted to go buy a shirt. It was a nice day and it woud have been 30 mins or so by the time I got to the mall. Then, I had soup for lunch while my dining pals had take out. I don't care what the scale says this week because I feel great!

Nix- thanks for getting the old motivator going again!

Thursday WEED:

W- 3-4 glasses
E- Mindful; going to be dining out again for lunch
E- Cardio; maybe a video or treadmill
D- I own it!
Grazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:34 PM   #25  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

I have a few more minutes tonight. Let me catch up.

Michelle- Welcome back home. Hope you are doing okay.

Nix- Good for you girl. You are working out and passing up the junk food. Look at you lightin that fire under your arse.

Rowdy- It will be fun getting to know you.

Fab- hope things get settled soon.

MM- I make myself tired sometimes. Crunch away girl!!

E- Have fun swimming. That is one exercise I wish I could do. No pool access though and NO SWIMSUIT!! The thought makes me shudder.

Grazer- Here is the gentle honesty. I hope you got that workout in today. Must workout!!!

My 5k buddy and I worked on building her distance today. We've got a plan. Running M TU TH F, W- strength training. We worked for about 30 min. tonight. TOM has struck with a vengence. What did I ever do to him??? Weight is starting to go down a bit already. YIPPY!!!
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:25 AM   #26  
The Sky is the Limit!

Wowie Zowie! I had a bad bad day to day. Work has me ready to lose it. Literally. I have never taken "happy" pills in my life. When I quit smoking my doctor prescribed Xanax. I filled it, never took it and threw it out about 2 months ago. Today I went in to pick up ye ole birth control pills, and begged the counter lady to give me a Xanax refill. She said no.

Guilty item #2. Day was so bad that I made BF wait for me to go shopping so we could coupon up the savings. Took my big ole folder into the store and defiantly refused to hunt for the coupons cuz I didnt feel like it. Whats up with me?

Guilty item #3. We went to the burger joint, I got 2 chicken tacos... not fried though, and rice AND BEANS. I need this vacation girls. I have so much energy and the stresses of work are making me manifest it in horrible ways today. I worked 6am to 5:15 today. One more day then river till the 20th.

So... really WANT to do personals, but need a good nights sleep to refresh.

DONT LET THE ENERGY DIE!!!! ONE BAD DAY DOES NOT A BAD WEEK MAKE! I'M FORCING MYSELF TO DANCE MY ARSE OUTTA THE THREAD TONIGHT... WOOT WOOT.... :c arrot: nighters!

Last edited by Nixmom; 05-07-2009 at 12:27 AM.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:16 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

C'mon Kris, you can do it. One more day then Vacation!!!

Short time this morning!!

W 100
E POP
E Running tonight, crunching this morning
D Sticking to it.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:32 AM   #28  
The Sky is the Limit!

K ladies... Its morning, I'm back. Fresh cup-o-joe, prayers said that I finish this bid, these district assessments, and this grant application by 2pm so I can split this Popsicle stand, go home pack and be on my way.... Ahhhh....

Quick personals ~

Grazie ~ good for you on your soup and walking choices! That is what it takes, the ability to stop and make the right decision, not dwell on "missing" out on something else. It takes strength to think "I feel good and to to keep it that way!" Yay for you missy!

Mtiggie.... whoops... I was probably eating my bad food while you were typing my praises. Sorry. I am taking you with me to the river though. You will not be getting your helping of anything I eat. Remember that. I'm back to it. No food for you on my plate, only what I need to eat

MMavis - WE can do it. I am determined to stay OP today with food since exercise is probably not going to make it into my day today. Maybe though, if the work goes smoothly.

K - everyone else have a wonderful day. I gotta get to it!

OH! I did get a PM from Jen. she's alive and well and will pop in when she can.

Last edited by Nixmom; 05-07-2009 at 09:33 AM.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:40 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 180/180/160

Good morning ladies!

Yesterday went pretty well. I had an excrutiating migraine all day but I still pushed myself into the gym and got a great workout in. I feeling alot better today. So I still haven't unpacked my scale and it is driving me crazy! LOL! I have to do that today, no excuses.

mothermavis: You may need to increase your carb intake if you are working out pretty hard.

RowdyBliss: Sounds like I could use that water bottle. Walgreens here I come!

e32: I am so glad to be apart of this amazing group of women. I have felt so welcomed from the start! It's amazing.

Grazer: Way to go!!! Keep up the good work! Postive energy is so contagious!
Spread it all around!

Mtiger: Things are slowly but surely returning to normal. Thank you for your thoughts.

Nix: Keep dancing! I'll join you!! This week is almost over!

Ok ladies, I have to get to work now. Have a FABulous day!!!!!
FABlynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:20 AM   #30  
Suz

Cool

Good morning, ladies - checking in with my daily WEED and seeing how you all are... looks like everyone's

Happy to report I was completely on-target yesterday! Of course, I don't feel very good because of the PMS thing (bloat, craving, ick), but I'm pretty happy that I stayed within my goals yesterday. It's just one day - but when the good days add up, the whole will be greater than the sum of the parts...

All we can do is take it one day at a time. One moment at a time, really. One slip-up doesn't ruin a day, after all... and when we trip, we can't give up and say we blew it, screw it, we might as well go OP for the rest of the day. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again!

Not much time for personals as they've got me hopping here today, but Grazer, I wanted to say that I do not do the bellydance videos BUT there are some very good ones out there. There are also some excellent instructional videos on YouTube which are useful for learning basic moves - but there really is no replacement for having a good teacher who can correct moves and make sure you don't hurt yourself. There's a lot of muscular isolation in bellydancing, which is why it's such a great workout - but as with any dance, the chances of hurting your back/neck are very great. Best to go to a pro for instruction! I go for my lesson once a week ($14 per lesson), and I practice at home for added exercise.

OK, girlies, atcha later - WEED:

W - 62 oz
E - 1300 calories, all kept in food diary, NO EXCUSES
E - My gym bag is with me - 30 minutes of run/walk on the treadmill, and some upper-body weight training
D - actually, for my daily affirmation, I'd like to share a poem:

Now I wake me up to live,
I'll give life all I have to give.
If today I face a test,
I'll cope and pray and do my best.
With each breath and step I take,
Be with me, Lord, for heaven's sake
AMEN!

Go get 'em today, girls!!!!!!!