3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   May Exercise Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/170446-may-exercise-challenge.html)

Newshinyme 05-17-2009 09:40 PM

Hi chickies,
Quick post to update my minutes only. Will catch up with you all tomorrow!

May 1-10: Exercise days: 5 Exercise minutes: 185
Week of May 11 - 17:
May 11: W.L. Yoga 30 min. + Wii Fit Aerobics 25 min = 55 min.
May 12: Free step 30 min + Stability Ball 15 min. = 45 min.
May 13: Off
May 14: Wii fit aerobics, strength and yoga = 50 min.
May 15: Wii aerobics 45 min + Ball 10 min = 55 min.
May 16: WL Yoga = 30 min
May 17: Off

iDream 05-18-2009 09:01 AM

May 1st - 30 Day Shred
May 2nd - Strength Training Lower Body & Abs, 30 Mins Treadmill
May 3rd - 30 Day Shred
May 4th - Strength Training Upper Body, 30 Mins Treadmill
May 5th - 8 Min Abs, 30 Day Shred
May 6th - Strength Training Lower Body, 30 Mins Abs
May 7th - 8 Min Abs, 30 Day Shred
End of Week One

May 8th - Strength Training Upper Body, 30 Mins Treadmill
May 9th - 8 Min Abs, 10 Min Treadmill (warm up), 30 Day Shred
May 10th - Spin Class of Terror!
May 11th - Strength Training Lower Body, 30 Mins New and Improved Treadmill
May 12th -8 Min Abs, 30 Mins Treadmill
May 13th - Strength Trainig Upper Body, 6 Mins of Treadmill--then the power went out until midnight!
May 14th - 8 Mins Abs, 30 Day Shred
End of Week Two

May 15th - 8 Mins Abs, Strength Training Lower Body, 30 Mins Treadmill
May 16th - 30 Day Shred
May 17th - 30 Mins Treadmill (I jogged 9 mins out of the 30!!:carrot:)
May 18th - Strength Training Upper Body, (will do 30 Mins Treadmill tonight and update then :))

Gotta run, but I'll be back later to check in on all you chickies! :D

Jacqui_D 05-18-2009 11:31 AM

Well Ladies, I have missed my goal for May. I thought I could get my walk in yesterday, but I had to leave in the morning to go get our two new dogs (they were out of town) and when I got back, there was no time that I could leave them. They were already upset at being separated from their former family, they were very nervous by the new surroundings both indoor and out, they and my other dog were not getting along, and I had to keep my mastiff in one part of the house, the two new mastiffs in another part of the house, and the two cats in another part of the house. If I left the room that the two new mastiffs were in for more than just a few minutes, they would scratch on the door to get to me. (I live in a house on the National Register of Historical Places, and it has beautiful black walnut doors, so needless to say, I didn't leave for more than just a few minutes!) They are so very sweet and they will be fine, especially after my daughter takes our other mastiff with her (it's actually hers), but they were just really scared because of the change and new surroundings. So as it turned out, at no time did I find a way to get away. (I even spent the night on the couch in the room with them.) I would have tried to take them for a walk, but my husband was very busy with classwork that was due last night (he's taking online classes) and he was up in the computer room the whole time working on three assignments. He had already taken the first half the day to go get the dogs with me, so he was in a crunch for time. And there's no way I could handle walking two full-grown mastiffs by myself! Soooo, my May goal is shot, but it's okay! I will continue on with my exercise plan as usual! I certainly won't throw in the towel! I'm not in this just for May! Sometimes you have to make choices, and I should have thought this out better, anticipated that my time would be consumed with the new dogs, planned better, and gotten up sooner to exercise! You live and learn, lol! So, that's where I am. I miscalculated, but I'm getting right back on plan!

Jacqui_D 05-18-2009 11:33 AM

May Exercise Challenge List of Participants (so far!)

Exercise goals are in this list. Weight loss goals are in the sister thread--May Weight Loss Challenge. If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Complete 1200 minutes
Jacqui_D: Strength train three times a week; walk 30 min every day
CakeBatter: Run 44 miles; finish 5K race in under 36:00; do Push-up Challenge (thru wk 4); do 30 consecutive PU / EOMo; 20/20/20/20 (twice/wk)
Tammyjo: Exercise at least 4 times a week
Jacque9999: Stick with exercise program set up with workout buddy; make sure daughter starts (and sticks with) boot camp starting May 19th
Shrinkingleah: Train (gym) twice a week; walk one mile or eliptical 30-45 min three days a week
Rowenna: Keep up current exercise regimen
Hattie: Try to keep healing the nerve and start exercising again
BellaEllaEllAaa: Exercise everyday--cardio at least 30 min, weights and toning 3x a week
Mikayla: Strength train 3 days a week; exercise at least 60 min a day, 5 days a week
Getlost: Complete 30DS; exercise 30 min every day; walk whenever possible; try to buy exercise equipment
Lene1974: Exercise 800 minutes
Icandoallthings6613: Do 65 total miles, 40+ running; recommit to weight lifting and 100 push-up challenge; do 25 consecutive push-ups; run 2 10k's
Econ_nerd: Get some exercise in each and every day; be accountable in this thread
Adaem: Use the treadmill at least 3 times a week; use WII Fit at least 2 times a week
SuperChix: Breawna: Exercise for an hour every day; Jodi: Start exercising
Wifey: Go to the gym at least 3 times per week for a 60-minute workout for 720 total minutes; walk the dog everyday starting May 4 for 840 total minutes
StarryNights110: Strength train weekdays; ride 60 min on stationary bike everyday
Fressca: Do cardio 30 min 4x per week
Lewisempire: Complete 50 miles of walking/hiking/nordic track; do weight training for 20 min, 3 times a week
JasonsLea: Start the 100 Push-up and 200 Squats Challenge
Newshinyme: Work out at least 4 times a week for 30-45 min with a mix of cardio and strength training, for a total of 510 minutes
Skinnygurlinside: Start the Couch 2 5k program; keep using wii fit and kicking husband's butt!; (possibly start trying to use the firm workout dvd's)
Mcrunner: Exercise 4 days per week; work back up to 4 mile runs; do 2 weight workouts per week
MrsHomeStretch: Exercise at least 6 days a week
Delphi: Use treadmill for at least 30 min every other day
Canadianangel: Exercise 1 hour a day
Crazymamaof4: Do cardio daily; strength train at least 3 times a week
Scaleskl: Continue doing karate 2-3 times per week
Fenderella: Exercise at least 3 times every week
Colebear: Start Power 90 and complete workouts 6 days a week; attend company fitness classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays
Sotypical: Exercise regularly
Iliketalldorks: Walk Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays in prep for C25K; do abs and/or leg work on Tuesdays and Thursdays; walk leisurely on Saturdays (Sundays optional)
Terapet: Complete 1800 minutes
E.mccoy: Walk for 30 minutes after dinner
Strawberryeyes: Do 30 min of exercise daily
Ms_Perception: Exercise 6 days per week
Jayagoddess: Exercise regularly
Blueridgegirl: Do weight training routine twice a week

Lewisempire 05-18-2009 01:18 PM

jaqui_D- This is just my opinion, and how I do it..... When I miscalculate, and run out of time, I just add what I should have done back on the end. For example. The 2nd week in may, I only got 2 official weight training sessions in, so I am adding the third should have gotten on to week 3. Now, I have to get 4 done this week instead of just 3. Life gets away from us sometimes, and we have to learn to bend and not break when things don't go as planned. Anyway, enough philisophical blah, blah, blah. How are those two big babes today? Are they settling in? Sounds like you have your hands full. Good luck!

Lewisempire 05-18-2009 01:24 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5/1 =2 miles nordic track!
5/2- lower body w.o. (1of 3)
5/3- 1 mile walking
5/4- 3.6 miles on Nordic track and upper body wts (2 of 3)
5/5- mostly house work
5/6- 3miles walking
5/7 1 mile walking upper boddy weights (3 of 3)
Total week #1--- 10.6 miles and 3 days wt training!

Week #2
5/8- 2.6 miles nordic track- (45 min)
5/9- 3.2 miles nordic track (45 min ( HIT) 1 mile walk with pup!
5/10 - 4 miles nordic track (57 min (HIT) 3 miles walk with pup, weed garden, UB weights 1 of 3
5/11 3.9 miles NT, 3 mile walk with pup, and shopping???
5/12 2.2 miles walking
5/13 3.3 miles Nordic track RRROOOAAARRR!!!! (that was for you Delphi! LOL)
5/14 4.0 miles walking+ 2of3 upper body weights
Total week 2- 26.9 miles 2 of 3 weight workout- I will try to get 4 weight sessions in this week to make up!

5/15- shopping all day long....can i count it as a marathon??
5/16 2.8 miles nordic track
5/17 1.9 HIIT nordic track, 3 mile walk, upper body weight 1 of 4
5/18 1.5 miles nordic track, weights lower body 2 of 4.
5/19
5/20
5/21

Hey, I met my 50 mile goal today!!!!! I will keep going, and try to get as many in as possible. There is a long way to go to reach my 750 miles in 2009.

Jacque9999 05-18-2009 01:30 PM

Jacqui_D;2746342 Isn't it just typical that our pets screw things up for us? I can just imagine having all those animals separated and not having them destroy the house. You will get back on track in no time...I have TOTAL confidence in you!!!:hug:

Jacqui_D 05-18-2009 01:53 PM

Lewis, that makes sense, and I agree that everyone should be able to calculate any extra days that way! The only thing is that my goal was to walk EVERY day of May, so I didn't leave myself any leeway. If I had felt more secure and had taken Sundays off, I'd have the Sundays to play with, but I didn't do that. Well, come to think of it, if that were the case, yesterday wouldn't have been a problem anyway because it was Sunday, lol! But hey, at least now I know I can skip a day and get right back to the exercise the next day without a hitch! That was my fear in not taking any days off, so some good did come out of it! :)

Thank you for asking about my new big ol' babies! They are settling in. I still didn't want to leave them today, but my daughter came home, so she stayed with them while I went to the gym for an hour and a half. She's taking our other mastiff (who is actually hers; we gave her to her as a puppy for her 16th birthday 4 years ago), so the new dogs should really settle down after that. Now, if I can just convince my cats that they need to stay upstairs! They're cautious of the dogs, but they have always been used to coming and going with our other mastiff. Two dogs are a whole different story though! The new mastiffs did live with a cat, but the former owner said they liked to chase the neighbor's cats, and they haven't learned yet that our cats belong here! It will eventually work itself out. I'll never let the cats and dogs be together when I'm not home, but when I am, I'm sure they'll all get used to each other.

Jacqui_D 05-18-2009 01:55 PM

Thanks Joci! It is a bit of a challenge, lol! But I just love this breed of dog, and I love cats even more, so I have to have them in my life! :)

Delphi 05-19-2009 06:55 AM

May 2--30 minutes on the treadmill and walked over a mile. Ya!!!
May 3--10 minute power walk on the treadmill and about an hour of playing Lips (which essentially is karaoke and lots of dancing)
May 4--20 minutes on the treadmill and weight training
May 5--30 minutes uphill on the treadmill [weight training 20 reps each]
May 6--30 minutes on the treadmill [20 reps w/magic circle] [weight training-triceps]
May 7--30 minutes uphill on the treadmill

End of Week 1

May 8--Scheduled day off
May 9--30 minutes on treadmill [20 minutes Wii Fit] [45 minutes Wii Tennis]
May 10--31 minutes uphill on treadmill [45 minutes Wii Tennis] [Weight training-20 reps each]
May 11--35 minutes on treadmill w/3lb hand weights [My Fitness Coach (Wii) Cardio--30 minutes] [30 minutes Wii Tennis]
May 12--40 minutes on treadmill
May 13--33 minutes uphill on treadmill [30 minutes My Fitness Coach Flexibility]
May 14--31 minutes on treadmill w/weights

End of Week 2

May 15--35 minutes on treadmill; mix of hills with this routine
May 16--33 minutes on treadmill [Walked a mile at mall] [Weight Training]
May 17--15 minutes extreme uphill [ 60 minutes of Wii Fit] [Magic Circle-20 reps all forms]
May 18--45 minutes on treadmill [Strength Training 15 minutes]
May 19--40 minutes on treadmill [Strength Training 20 minutes and two sets of crunches] [30 minutes Wii Fit]
May 20--45 minutes w/My Fitness Coach [cardio]

Lewisempire 05-19-2009 07:22 AM

:dizzy:OH Duhhhh! Jaqui_D!!!! I reread your goal, and Now I see what you mean about not meeting goal. You can always amend your goal for May to include a day off. Or just start again fresh, because I sure like to have that Goal met!!! Next to our goal! (you have us spoiled!) Anyhow, as long as you don't let it derail you, just keep on going!

Wifey 05-19-2009 08:52 AM

Dog Walking: 150/840

Exercise: 195/720

I went out for a 75 min run/powerwalk with a friend yesterday...it was awesome! ;)

Ms Perception 05-19-2009 12:45 PM

Doing okay with activity, some days are definitely better than others! I just wanted to share my good news...I am over half way to my goal!! I've gotten rid of 31.6#s and have 29.4#s to go! Woot Woot!! It has helped to keep me moving. I am also excited because today marks 6 months since I began a healthier lifestyle. It's priceless to feel like I can make good decisions and do this for life!! Thanks to all who have been part of this journey with me!

sotypical 05-19-2009 01:01 PM

I haven't been keeping up with this thread, but I have been exercising!

May 1: 65 min bike
May 2:
May 3:

May 4: 70 min bike
May 5: 70 min bike 30 min dog walk
May 6: 75 min bike
May 7: 85 min bike
May 8: 85 min bike
May 9: 65 min bike
May 10:

May 11: 75 min bike
May 12: 85 min bike
May 13:
May 14: 80 min bike
May 15: 85 min bike
May 16: 60 min bike
May 17: 90 min dog walk

May 18:
May 19: 70 min bike

Total: 1090 min

Newshinyme 05-19-2009 03:12 PM

May 11 - 17: Exercise days: 5 Exercise Minutes: 235
Week of May 18 -24:
May 18: Off
May 19: Wii fit aerobics 40 min. + Exercise ball 15 min. = 55 min.

Jacqui_D 05-19-2009 04:47 PM

Well, I didn't get away from the house today, but I substituted my 30-minute walk for 60 minutes on the recumbent bike. I should have done that on Sunday, but didn't think of it! I think my mind was too set on walking as part of my goal. Anyway, my daughter left about an hour ago with our other mastiff, so we'll see how the two new dogs do now!

Lewis, thank you for your support! :hug: Next month I'll get Met Goalfor sure!! :)

Wifey, GREAT job on the 75 min. run/powerwalk!! :running: WTG! :carrot:

Sotypical, you go girl! Look at all those minutes you've racked up!! Good for you! :cp: Keep going! :cheer:

Ms_P, Wow! That is SO inspiring!! :yay: I just can't imagine what it's going to feel like to be over halfway to my goal!! I'm so happy for you!! :carrot: :broc: :carrot: And congrats on the 6 months in!! Woohoo!! :woohoo:

Looking good Delphi and NSM!! :dancer:

Hi to FSA, Joci, Fressca, Terapet, CMof4, Ican, and all our other ladies!! :wave:

May 1--Strength trained! Walked! May 2--Walked! May 3--Walked! May 4--Strength trained! Walked! May 5--Walked! May 6--Walked! May 7--Strength trained! Walked! WEEK 1--ALL EXERCISE IN! May 8--Walked! May 9--Strength trained! Walked! May 10--Walked! May 11--Strength trained! Walked! May 12--Walked! May 13--Strength trained! Walked! May 14--Walked! WEEK 2--ALL EXERCISE IN! May 15--Strength trained! Walked! May 16--Walked! May 17--None :( May 18--Strength trained! Walked! May 19--Biked!

Jacqui_D 05-19-2009 04:52 PM

May Exercise Challenge List of Participants (so far!)

Exercise goals are in this list. Weight loss goals are in the sister thread--May Weight Loss Challenge. If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

CakeBatter: Run 44 miles; finish 5K race in under 36:00; do Push-up Challenge (thru wk 4); do 30 consecutive PU / EOMo; 20/20/20/20 (twice/wk)
Jacque9999: Stick with exercise program set up with workout buddy; make sure daughter starts (and sticks with) boot camp starting May 19th
Shrinkingleah: Train (gym) twice a week; walk one mile or eliptical 30-45 min three days a week
BellaEllaEllAaa: Exercise everyday--cardio at least 30 min, weights and toning 3x a week
Mikayla: Strength train 3 days a week; exercise at least 60 min a day, 5 days a week
Getlost: Complete 30DS; exercise 30 min every day; walk whenever possible; try to buy exercise equipment
Icandoallthings6613: Do 65 total miles, 40+ running; recommit to weight lifting and 100 push-up challenge; do 25 consecutive push-ups; run 2 10k's
Econ_nerd: Get some exercise in each and every day; be accountable in this thread
Adaem: Use the treadmill at least 3 times a week; use WII Fit at least 2 times a week
SuperChix: Breawna: Exercise for an hour every day; Jodi: Start exercising--MET GOAL!!
Wifey: Go to the gym at least 3 times per week for a 60-minute workout for 720 total minutes; walk the dog everyday starting May 4 for 840 total minutes
StarryNights110: Strength train weekdays; ride 60 min on stationary bike everyday
Lewisempire: Complete 50 miles of walking/hiking/nordic track--MET GOAL!!; do weight training for 20 min, 3 times a week
Newshinyme: Work out at least 4 times a week for 30-45 min with a mix of cardio and strength training, for a total of 510 minutes
Skinnygurlinside: Start the Couch 2 5k program; keep using wii fit and kicking husband's butt!; (possibly start trying to use the firm workout dvd's)
Mcrunner: Exercise 4 days per week; work back up to 4 mile runs; do 2 weight workouts per week
Colebear: Start Power 90 and complete workouts 6 days a week; attend company fitness classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays
Iliketalldorks: Walk Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays in prep for C25K; do abs and/or leg work on Tuesdays and Thursdays; walk leisurely on Saturdays (Sundays optional)

lene1974 05-19-2009 04:58 PM

487/800

May 1st 23min interval training on ellip, 100 crunches/30 push-ups 30min
May 2nd 60 minute walk, 100 crunches 67 min
May 3rd 20 min interval on ellip, 100 crunches, and strength training 35 min
May 4th off
May 5th 35 min ellip, 15 min bike 50 min total
May 6th off
May 7th 30 min ellip, 23 bike 53 min total

May 8th 25 ellip, 17 bike 43min total
May 9th off
May 10th 27 min bike 27total
May 11th 40 min ellip
May 12th 22 min strength
May 13th 10 min ellip and 30min bike 40 total
May 14th

May 15th
May 16th
May 17th 50min walk
May 18th 15 min elip, 15 min strength
May 19th
May 20th
May 21th

May 22th
May 23th
May 24th
May 25th
May 26th
May 27th
May 28th

May 29th
May 30th
May 31th

Jacque9999 05-19-2009 05:09 PM

Original goals....: Stick with exercise program set up with workout buddy; make sure daughter starts (and sticks with) boot camp starting May 19th

I have decided to only list current week as the posts are getting too long:
May 14th - 10 minutes Arc Trainer, 35 min weight training, 25 min bike
May 15th - 10 minute Arc Trainer - Total body circuit - 55 minutes
May 16th - 45 minutes Arc Trainer, 1 hour pilates
May 17th - 40 minutes pilates on my home machine
May 18th - 45 minutes Arc Trainer, 1 hour pilates
May 19th - 1 hour Boot Camp

So far so good with staying on plan and reaching my goals. I actually did MORE than I initially planned to. Boot camp started today and my daughter was at her dad's house....but she did manage to get herself up and to my house with 5 minutes to spare before we had to leave for the park. Boot camp was fun, very cold, and will be worth every penny!!! I know I will be sore tomorrow.

Lewisempire 05-19-2009 10:16 PM

HI girls, No Real exercise for me today....I did my usual parked far away, took the stairs, etc. but today, I decided to relax. Until work called this afternoon, so I did go in for a couple of hours, but nothing I will officially count.

Jacqui_D- When you get a chance, could you put my pretty red "goal met" next to my 50 miles. Thank you. I am glad you found an alternative for your exercising. How are those "pups" of yours?

Jaqui9999-Glad you enjoyed your day at boot camp. Is it all week long?

To everyone else: We are over half way through May, and I see some pretty impressive totals! I have my plan in place for exercising every morning on the cruise, I don't want to get left in the dust. Keep up the good work! See yall in the morning!!!!

Jacqui_D 05-20-2009 02:37 PM

Lewis, it's my pleasure!! :yay: Way to go, girlie!! :carrot: Wow! You just zipped through those miles this month!! :cp:

You know when I was at the gym today, it occurred to me that I set two exercise goals this month. Although I missed the walking one, I can still make the strength training one! So I still have a May goal to shoot for! Woohoo!! :)

My mastiffs did so well today! Well kinda...lol! I put them out back and when then the garbage truck came by, they tore up my screen door trying to get my attention to let them back in. But when I left them in the house for two hours to go to the gym, everything was intact when I came back!! Yay!! :spin:

Joci, your schedule of exercise and your bootcamp commitment are so impressive! I'm so proud of you! (And your daughter!) How long does the bootcamp last?

Hi to Lene and all our other ladies! :wave: I hope you're doing well!

May 1--Strength trained! Walked! May 2--Walked! May 3--Walked! May 4--Strength trained! Walked! May 5--Walked! May 6--Walked! May 7--Strength trained! Walked! WEEK 1--ALL EXERCISE IN! May 8--Walked! May 9--Strength trained! Walked! May 10--Walked! May 11--Strength trained! Walked! May 12--Walked! May 13--Strength trained! Walked! May 14--Walked! WEEK 2--ALL EXERCISE IN! May 15--Strength trained! Walked! May 16--Walked! May 17--None :( May 18--Strength trained! Walked! May 19--Biked! May 20--Strength trained! Walked!

Jacque9999 05-20-2009 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lewisempire (Post 2748705)
Jaqui9999-Glad you enjoyed your day at boot camp. Is it all week long?

It is ALL SUMMER LONG. 3 mornings a week till Aug 21st.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacqui_D (Post 2749639)
My mastiffs did so well today! Well kinda...lol! I put them out back and when then the garbage truck came by, they tore up my screen door trying to get my attention to let them back in. But when I left them in the house for two hours to go to the gym, everything was intact when I came back!! Yay!! :spin:

Joci, your schedule of exercise and your bootcamp commitment are so impressive! I'm so proud of you! (And your daughter!) How long does the bootcamp last?

Glad the dogs are doing good!! They can destroy things...My beagle still does sort of. She loves stuffed animals and I usually close the kids bedrooms doors but didn't one day cause I wanted to get fresh air in...don't you know that dog took stuffed animals from my daughter's room and put one in each of the other bedrooms. She was having a party while I was gone. See my response above about BC!!

On another note, does anyone subscribe to forums/threads and have it set so that they get an email when someone else posts right after them? I have that set and I am not getting emails...it's so frustrating!!!

Ms Perception 05-20-2009 03:50 PM

Lewisempire--Love your avatar...is it new or have I not been very observant?

Jacque9999--Sometimes the "instant" notification takes REALLY long and other times it is pretty instant. I don't know why, but that's what I've experienced.

All went well last night when we did pizza with friends...coulda been better, coulda been worse. I walked for 3 miles afterward to make sure it didn't kick my butt too bad! My weight barely fluctuated, so I'm happy for that. Plus, I did 2 exercise sessions yesterday as a result, so I can't complain.

Newshinyme 05-20-2009 10:00 PM

Looking good everyone!
Jacqui: Glad you remembered your other goal, you sounded kinda bummed about the walking one! Glad the doggies are doing better.
Jacquee: That bootcamp sounds like a good thing...I'd be terrified though LOL
Ms.P. : Glad to hear you survived pizza night.

I starting to think about upping the intensity of my workouts. I bought the new EA Active game but I haven't received it yet, so I will wait until I try it to see if that does the trick or if I have to whip out one of the BL DVDs.

Week of May 18 -24:
May 20: Walked 40 min.

Lewisempire 05-20-2009 10:39 PM

5/1 =2 miles nordic track!
5/2- lower body w.o. (1of 3)
5/3- 1 mile walking
5/4- 3.6 miles on Nordic track and upper body wts (2 of 3)
5/5- mostly house work
5/6- 3miles walking
5/7 1 mile walking upper boddy weights (3 of 3)
Total week #1--- 10.6 miles and 3 days wt training!

Week #2
5/8- 2.6 miles nordic track- (45 min)
5/9- 3.2 miles nordic track (45 min ( HIT) 1 mile walk with pup!
5/10 - 4 miles nordic track (57 min (HIT) 3 miles walk with pup, weed garden, UB weights 1 of 3
5/11 3.9 miles NT, 3 mile walk with pup, and shopping???
5/12 2.2 miles walking
5/13 3.3 miles Nordic track RRROOOAAARRR!!!! (that was for you Delphi! LOL)
5/14 4.0 miles walking+ 2of3 upper body weights
Total week 2- 26.9 miles 2 of 3 weight workout- I will try to get 4 weight sessions in this week to make up!

5/15- shopping all day long....can i count it as a marathon??
5/16 2.8 miles nordic track
5/17 1.9 HIIT nordic track, 3 mile walk, upper body weight 1 of 4
5/18 No formal exercise, got a cut
5/19 - walked 1.2 miles upper body weights 2 of 4
5/20
5/21

Jacque9999 05-21-2009 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms Perception (Post 2749730)
Jacque9999--Sometimes the "instant" notification takes REALLY long and other times it is pretty instant. I don't know why, but that's what I've experienced.

I understand that however, I have not gotten an email notification in 2 days. There is something wrong.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newshinyme (Post 2750191)
Jacquee: That bootcamp sounds like a good thing...I'd be terrified though LOL

Nothing to be scared about...I am paying her so if I stop and take a rest there really is nothing she can do. Actually I was looking forward to it for 2 months. Of course it is only day 2 so it could get scary!!!

Delphi 05-21-2009 08:02 AM

May 2--30 minutes on the treadmill and walked over a mile. Ya!!!
May 3--10 minute power walk on the treadmill and about an hour of playing Lips (which essentially is karaoke and lots of dancing)
May 4--20 minutes on the treadmill and weight training
May 5--30 minutes uphill on the treadmill [weight training 20 reps each]
May 6--30 minutes on the treadmill [20 reps w/magic circle] [weight training-triceps]
May 7--30 minutes uphill on the treadmill

End of Week 1

May 8--Scheduled day off
May 9--30 minutes on treadmill [20 minutes Wii Fit] [45 minutes Wii Tennis]
May 10--31 minutes uphill on treadmill [45 minutes Wii Tennis] [Weight training-20 reps each]
May 11--35 minutes on treadmill w/3lb hand weights [My Fitness Coach (Wii) Cardio--30 minutes] [30 minutes Wii Tennis]
May 12--40 minutes on treadmill
May 13--33 minutes uphill on treadmill [30 minutes My Fitness Coach Flexibility]
May 14--31 minutes on treadmill w/weights

End of Week 2

May 15--35 minutes on treadmill; mix of hills with this routine
May 16--33 minutes on treadmill [Walked a mile at mall] [Weight Training]
May 17--15 minutes extreme uphill [ 60 minutes of Wii Fit] [Magic Circle-20 reps all forms]
May 18--45 minutes on treadmill [Strength Training 15 minutes]
May 19--40 minutes on treadmill [Strength Training 20 minutes and two sets of crunches] [30 minutes Wii Fit]
May 20--45 minutes w/My Fitness Coach [cardio]
May 21--45 minutes on treadmill w/weights [Magic Circle all forms] [Gardening-2 hours]

End of week 3

May 22--Scheduled Day Off [Strength Training 30 minutes/upper body only]

You gals are doing great...keep up the good work!
:woops::trampo::swim::exercise::ebike:

Wifey 05-21-2009 09:58 AM

I'm up to 170/840 for dog walking and 255/720 for exercise. Man, I LOVE playing softball once a week...it's so invigorating!!

Gonna take the puppy out for a 30-40 min walk tonight when I get home from my french class!

TERAPET 05-21-2009 10:45 AM

May 1st -0
May 2nd-75 minutes step class
May 3rd-75 minutes step class
May 4th-60 min class; 60 min Yoga class
May 5th-60 min body sculpt class
May 6th-60 min Zumba; 60 min Yoga
May 7th-60 min step class

May 8th-30 mins treadmill (4.4)
May 9th-75 mins step class
May 10th-75 mins step class
May 11th-60 mins step; 60 min Yoga
May 12th-60 mins body sculpt class
May 13th-60 mins Zumba; 60 mins Yoga
May 14th-60 mins step

May 15th-0
May 16th-75 mins step class
May 17th-0
May 18th-0
May 19th-0
May 20th-60 mins Zumba; 60 mins Yoga

Phew, thankfully I got to the Y yesterday. The graduation party was fun but took lots and lots of prep time.

Delphi-You are burning up that treadmill! Way to go.

Jacqui-Congrats on the two new additions to your home. Too bad about the screen door. Just part of owning dogs, right?:dizzy:

Newshinyme-Awesome news about the EA program. I read about it on the Internet. It sounds really great.

Newshinyme 05-21-2009 06:52 PM

Been out looking at apartments all day long. Thankfully, I planned ahead and got up early to get my workout in.

Week of May 18 -24:
May 21: WL Yoga = 30 min.

Jacqui_D 05-21-2009 11:05 PM

NSM, great job planning your exercise around the apartment search! And good luck on that search! Yes, I was a bit bummed about the walking goal, so I was happy to remember the strength training goal!

Terapet, yes, all a part of it! They are really good dogs. However, they grew up on a quiet country road, and I live in the middle of town in my small city with cars, big trucks, and motorcycles zooming by. They just have to get used to everything. Luckily, the only thing they've destroyed is that screen and that's replaceable!

Wifey, it's so nice to hear that you are enjoying softball! Good for you!!

Joci, your beagle sounds like a handful, lol! They are such cute, smart dogs!

Ms_P, way to put in that extra exercise!

Lewis, Happy Cruising!!!

Delphi, when I look at your original goal and then at your progress post, it amazes me!! You are doing such a great job!

May 1--Strength trained! Walked! May 2--Walked! May 3--Walked! May 4--Strength trained! Walked! May 5--Walked! May 6--Walked! May 7--Strength trained! Walked! WEEK 1--ALL EXERCISE IN! May 8--Walked! May 9--Strength trained! Walked! May 10--Walked! May 11--Strength trained! Walked! May 12--Walked! May 13--Strength trained! Walked! May 14--Walked! WEEK 2--ALL EXERCISE IN! May 15--Strength trained! Walked! May 16--Walked! May 17--None :( May 18--Strength trained! Walked! May 19--Biked! May 20--Strength trained! Walked! May 21--Walked!

Jacque9999 05-22-2009 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newshinyme (Post 2751413)
Been out looking at apartments all day long. Thankfully, I planned ahead and got up early to get my workout in.

Good Job!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacqui_D (Post 2751686)
Joci, your beagle sounds like a handful, lol! They are such cute, smart dogs!

Exactly!!! It can make one crazy:dizzy:

Delphi 05-22-2009 08:08 AM

Jacqui ~ Me too and thanks! I really wouldn't be able to do this without this group. Next month however, I need something to challenge myself. This was "officially" my first month, so modest goals are what I set. I'm already thinking ahead of how I can challenge myself with goals in both threads that will be beneficial and push me even harder. I have 53 days to get to onderland and 19lbs to lose so June is gonna have to be my own personal bootcamp month. ;)

Wifey 05-22-2009 10:18 AM

I'm bumping myself up to 90 mins of exercise for 8 of the days remaining in May...to push myself over the 720 mins!

I've gotta knock down the dog walking though...so right now I'm at 170/470 mins :( Didn't make it out last night...got home really late and basically crawled into bed b/c I was so tired!

I'm gettin' there...just have to work harder in the June challenge! :running:

Fressca 05-22-2009 12:35 PM

*Slinks in sheepishly*

Week beginning May 1:

May 1: Spin class (45 mins)
May 2: Treadmill (30 mins HIIT)
May 3: Treadmill (30 mins HIIT)
May 5: Spin class (30 mins)

Week beginning May 8:

May 8: Spin class (45 mins)
May 9: Treadmill (30 mins HIIT)

Week beginning May 15:

:fr:

Week beginning May 22:

May 22: treadmill (30 mins)

So, things aren't going exactly to plan, but I'm just going to keep plugging away...

Ms Perception 05-22-2009 01:07 PM

So, I mentioned in the other thread I spent 7.5 hours clearing land and burning brush yesterday and tonight is the overnight graduation party at my DH's school, so I will be working that. I was clearly not thinking straight when I decided to do these things in back to back days because I am HURTING big time from the work yesterday!! I am sore, tired and ready to relax. Oh well, I dropped another pound+ which I hope sticks. Not gonna change my ticker 'til I'm sure.
Anyway, point is...I've gotten my exercise in! The rest of the weekend will be recouperation time! Have a great weekend!

Ms Perception 05-22-2009 01:12 PM

Newshinyme--Be sure to post what you think of the EA Active. My son and I have been eagerly awaiting some real people reviews of it!

iDream 05-22-2009 01:14 PM

Hello girls! I went MIA again because of computer problems (again!) but I'm back for good now! :) Still plugging away, upping my jogging mins in my treadmill workout. Not digging the 30 day shred so much anymore--I get more out of the treadmill and my knees aren't left hating me. I might throw in a Denise Austin dvd in the mix for my evening workouts--we'll see.

I gotta tell you, even though I wasn't here all week, you ladies kept me going! There were a couple of nights that I did not want to do my cardio--last night in particular--and all I kept thinking about was that goal list and how I didn't want to come here and post a day missing cardio. I kept telling myself, "T'sk, t'sk, now, what would the girls say? You can't skip cardio tonight! Get your butt downstairs and hit that treadmill!!" ;)

So, thanks. :) You girls ROCK!!!

Alright then, on with the update:

May 1st - 30 Day Shred
May 2nd - Strength Training Lower Body & Abs, 30 Mins Treadmill
May 3rd - 30 Day Shred
May 4th - Strength Training Upper Body, 30 Mins Treadmill
May 5th - 8 Min Abs, 30 Day Shred
May 6th - Strength Training Lower Body, 30 Mins Abs
May 7th - 8 Min Abs, 30 Day Shred
End of Week One

May 8th - Strength Training Upper Body, 30 Mins Treadmill
May 9th - 8 Min Abs, 10 Min Treadmill (warm up), 30 Day Shred
May 10th - Spin Class of Terror!
May 11th - Strength Training Lower Body, 30 Mins New and Improved Treadmill
May 12th -8 Min Abs, 30 Mins Treadmill
May 13th - Strength Trainig Upper Body, 6 Mins of Treadmill--then the power went out until midnight!
May 14th - 8 Mins Abs, 30 Day Shred
End of Week Two

May 15th - 8 Mins Abs, Strength Training Lower Body, 30 Mins Treadmill
May 16th - 30 Day Shred
May 17th - 30 Mins Treadmill (I jogged 9 mins out of the 30!!)
May 18th - Strength Training Upper Body, 32 Mins Treadmill (12:30 mins of that jogging)
May 19th - 8 Mins Abs, 32 Mins Treadmill (15 mins of that jogging!!!)
May 20th - Strength Training Lower Body, 8 Mins Abs, 34 Mins Treadmill (15 mins of that jogging)
May 21st - 8 Mins Abs, 34 Mins Treadmill (15+ mins of that jogging)
End of Week 3

May 22nd - Strength Training Upper Body, (evening workout to updated tonight)

Hope everyone is having a Fantastic Friday!!! :)
Be sure to...
Drink Your Water!!! :D

Newshinyme 05-22-2009 02:51 PM

Delphi: You are on fire!!! I tell ya, reading about your accomplishments makes me want to keep up with you, so don't stop ;)

Wifey: Wow, 90 minutes! You can do it :D. Gather some momentum for June :carrot:

Fressca: That's the spirit! Keep going chickie :hug:

Ms P.: Ouch! Hope things go well tonight and you are not much in pain.. Maybe taking a nice bath before will help your poor muscles, lots of people swear by Epsom salts.

I will definitely let you know how I like the Active. I've seen lots of good reviews so far, so I can't wait to try it myself.

CMo4:
I have the 30DS but haven't tried it yet..I previewed the first day and all those jumping jacks scared me away LOL (I have neighbours downstairs, so it's not something I can do)
Glad to hear you managed to stay active too!

I've already done part of my workout today. I am still missing the strength part of it, so I will have to come later to update.

Week of May 18 -24:
May 21: WL Yoga = 30 min.
May 22: Wii free step = 30 min

Jacqui_D 05-22-2009 04:24 PM

May Exercise Challenge List of Participants

SuperChix: Breawna: Exercise for an hour every day; Jodi: Start exercising--MET GOAL!!
Wifey: Go to the gym at least 3 times per week for a 60-minute workout for 720 total minutes; walk the dog everyday starting May 4 for 470 total minutes
Lewisempire: Complete 50 miles of walking/hiking/nordic track--MET GOAL!!; do weight training for 20 min, 3 times a week